Why i'm fine with bots in pvp.

Devinator00

Getting gold in this game is really grindy but thanks to the bots i've actually been able to make some nice amount of gold from the free beans I get off them. So I don't know i'm kind of ok with bots in pvp. Last night I grinding all the way to platinum just by fighting bots and maybe a handful of humans player a long the way. I guess it's fine.

10 minutes ago, Yomachi said:

Now that's just taking the fun out of Player vs Player. :s

Not everyone has fun with PvP, but there are PvE things in this game is PvP-gated (Royal Zen Bean, unlimited soulstone supply). So, it's not strange some people are quite happy fighting bots for free beans and ranking up for better beans and soulstone income. To them, PvP is pretty much another set of dailies.

Of course, bots deter the fun of real PvPer who want to seek competition, and your skill don't improve by fighting bots.

11 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

well thanks lol :)

But on a less sarcastic note. I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not 'fine' with bots. Why? It doesn't trouble you, but it is a gold source for gold sellers. The result would be more gold > more business > more bot > etc. If we can get rid of or limit the objectives/goals of the bots then they will have no purpose for staying. Basically, I think that getting rid of their gold source would be many times more effective than trying to ban bots faster than they get created.

Funny thing about making beans/gold off of bots... 

Why do you think the bots are doing it?

Same as you actually, to get free beans, to buy soulstones. 

Now, before this massive wave of PvP bots really got going, soulstones costs around 35-40 silver. I know because I sold several in that price range.

Last time I was on the market, they were about 18-20 silver. Bots have farmed so many soulstones, they've upped the supply and they sell for half as much! 

So, even if you're getting soulstones from bots, you're making half the money FROM those soulstones. 

If you're a normal player with around a 50% win rate before the botswarm, you're probably making a little bit less money, for the same amount of time spent PvPing, so you have to spend a lot more time grinding those bots down to really make high amounts of money.

If you're a really good player, plat or higher, you're probably making less since the plat+pouches aren't quite as much of a boon anymore. 

If you're a poor (or super laggy player) you might come out ahead if you have a higher win-rate than you used to, but a player with those types of problems probably loses to the bots a fair bit too. 

That said though, that's just if you're trying to get gold. You DO get a lot more in sheer beans if you fight a lot of bots and consistently beat them, so if you're going for the outfit, royal bean skill, or just want personal soulstones for upgrades, then yeah they do speed up the grind a little bit. 

If you actually care about the competitive nature of PvP, the bots are terrible for the rankings because pretty much anyone with enough time put in can grind to platinum on bots alone so pretty much only diamond means much in terms of signifying skill. Plus waves of destro bots just get kind of boring to fight all the time.

Even before bots getting to gold was super easy, it's not hard at all. Now it's a stupid grind making the aspect of PvP beyond boring and if you truly don't like PvPing but want to get soulstones to make money then why aren't you killing terrors? Or try your luck with BSH? At the end of the day though, bot really just ruin the fun out of arena making people want to leave.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

I keep hearing about bots in PvP, but I'm just not seeing them.  :p  Is this 3 on 3 where the bots are showing up?

They are in both 1v1 and 3v3. If you haven't faced any by now I'm assuming you don't know what a bot is or just naive. I faced bots from 1300 rating all the way up to the high 1800s.

8 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

They are in both 1v1 and 3v3. If you haven't faced any by now I'm assuming you don't know what a bot is or just naive. I faced bots from 1300 rating all the way up to the high 1800s.

Bots that I've seen are usually destroyers and in the starting outfit.  None of which I've seen.  I did fight a couple of Destroyers, but they were not in starting outfits.  Sooo...unless you tell me they started wearing different outfits, I wouldn't think I've gone naive.

as 

17 minutes ago, Synfour said:

Just make the soulstones account bound, and make them available as daily quest rewards. Problem solved. Oh and make crafting more appealing so people can still make gold.

as long as gold is the currency bots will exist.

no more SS?

they farm something else.

actually, as long as there is curency and market, bots will exist. and ifg you change the game to account bound everything, pve will die. or it will change the game from MOORPG to a kind of diablo game (not hack n slash ofc, but still the same market archetypoe)

Just now, Shukran said:

as 

as long as gold is the currency bots will exist.

no more SS?

they farm something else.

actually, as long as there is curency and market, bots will exist. and ifg you change the game to account bound everything, pve will die. or it will change the game from MOORPG to a kind of diablo game (not hack n slash ofc, but still the same market archetypoe)

Yeah I get what you are saying. You can just go on a bot ban every 3 months though, there needs to be a more active live solution.

22 minutes ago, Synfour said:

Just make the soulstones account bound, and make them available as daily quest rewards. Problem solved

this would only be a delay and they would invade something else like a virus.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

I keep hearing about bots in PvP, but I'm just not seeing them.  :p  Is this 3 on 3 where the bots are showing up?

54 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Bots that I've seen are usually destroyers and in the starting outfit.  None of which I've seen.  I did fight a couple of Destroyers, but they were not in starting outfits.  Sooo...unless you tell me they started wearing different outfits, I wouldn't think I've gone naive.

I'd say roughly 70% of my 1v1 matches lately have been bots. No exaggeration. I hear complaints about them in 3v3s, but I honestly see them very rarely there. I see more AFKS, which I'm not entirely sure are bots or players. 

Most of the bots use destroyers and it's there's enough of them if you fight a destroyer, it's more likely you're fighting a bot than a human.

All that said, it also comes down to when you're playing. Play when more humans are on, you see far less bots. Play during off peak hours, then the bots outnumber the humans since they never need to log off. So if you're legitimately never seeing bots, you probably just play during peak times then, 

Bots tend to wear the starting outfit most of the time, but not always. I've commonly seen them with the golden deva outfit and pure evil outfit as well. 

They rarely use glamoured weapon skins though. A couple of the deva outfit bots had the axe skin to match though. 

Because I main a destoyer, it is VERY easy for me to recognize the playstyle pattern of bots as opposed to humans. 

There seem to be about 2-3 common bot attack patterns. 

But a few of the more obvious quirks of most bot patterns that a non desto player should be able to spot: 

1: They tend to swing the axe's lmb/autoattack horizontal swing for no reason when there is NOTHING near them to hit. Extra obvious when they're doing it over an already dead opponent. (...S-Shut up. I've lost one or two freak rounds to a bot, okay?) 

2. They pretty much use their red-buff on cooldown, including right when the fight starts. (It's really dumb to use it thoughtlessly, because it's something you use when you know your opponent is out of escapes and you're free to knock off half thier HP in one combo. But bots don't have the intelegence to time it wisely, so they just use it immediately and then skill spam)

3. Aside from Using red buff right at the start, I noticed a lot of bots also spinning or using searing strike (The axe skill with I-frames) as an opener before they've even moved over to you. It would counter people that move to attack the bot in the first 5 seconds of the fight, so if you stand still at the start of a fight for 3-5 seconds, and the destoyer blows an i-frame or pary move into thin air over on the other side of the arena, probably a bot. 

4. For some reason, they almost never use throw skills or grab finishers. They grab you and do nothing or tend to hit wedge sporadically. Note that they're likely intentionally programmed to do so because desto throw skills are telegraphed as hell and easy to punish with the grab counter skills, so a lot of human players tend to be stingy with them too in certain match-ups. But if they NEVER attempt them, and tend to stand still just holding you, it's a sign of a possible bot. They're also thoroughly incapable of timing chop to break throws (Though a lot of players are pretty bad at it anyways)  so when I'm playing my own destoyer and I get a good dozen free piledrives, bots become painfully obvious. 

3 hours ago, Synfour said:

Yeah I get what you are saying. You can just go on a bot ban every 3 months though, there needs to be a more active live solution.

i only played 1 (one) moorpg F2P that actually tried to fight the bot problem: "silkroad" . there were GM in game that wandered and whispered to everyone to understand if player or bot. i got a 1minute chat with one of them, once. 

i believe that there are solutions.  but they are expensive.

21 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

Making the stones account-bound would be the best solution. If all you do is PvP I guess you'd be outback from the loss of gold that comes from selling them to others, but it would kill the entire reason for bots to be in PvP.

Nope. That would make everything else outrageously expensive. People are already crying about other people not upgrading, now imagine how no one can upgrade because they can't make money/ss fast enough while everything else skyrocketed because everything requires ss.

Archived