I'm Done with Warlock in Arena until they fix it's bugs

Keep in mind I play with almost no lag (30ms ping occasioanlly spiking to 75ms)

I understand we got the 'nerfed' lock as well, but that doesn't excuse the bugs that it is riddled with.

It's obscene, just the other day before the March 9 patch warlock seemed to work perfectly fine, even got it to platinum, then in the past two days trying to climb back to play I've been experiencing an insane number of glitches and exploits people have used against the class or that just seem to happen on random.

Heres a list:

Knockdown escape [1]: Just does not work, at all, will even occasionally go on cooldown without being pressed.

Summon [tab]: Accidentally press your tab key when loading into the arena? Or on the countdown before the arena loads in, congratulations, your pet will not summon for that round pretty much.

Time warp [Tab]: Even on a 30ms ping theres a huge delay on when you press it, or whether the thrall will even use it or not. Sometimes it wont even stay up for the full duration despite the pet being untouched/having full hp.

Sanctum [c]: Tree2: Several class abilities straight up IGNORE the CC resist this gives you and will stun, knockdown, interrupt, etc while its still mid-duration

Tree3: Phantom grip will still be able to grab you out of the 'no auto targeting' zone as well as several other abilities, also doesn't effect your thrall whatsoever.

Escape skills in general [2/3]:  Your escape skills on 2/3 will soemtimes go on cooldown AT THE VERY START OF THE MATCH before any attacks have been landed on you or your thrall.

Quell [1]: Will occasionally just not block skills, or will even bug out and block skills that pierce defenses. Not only does it require we remain immobile that

Theres more thats just plain not-working with warlock at the moment such as the lack of any counterplay versus some classes like force masters. But after I frequently ran into this nonsense whilst trying to claw my way back to platinum only to run into frequent losses mostly due to these things happening, I just plain give up on playing the class until its working again.

I'm going back to bring my scummoner to diamond againn, cant even get lock back in plat because Ncsoft decided to break it. I know everyone hates the thought that anyone would even play summoner, but if this is what other classes need to deal with I totally understand why so many people default to it now.

Nerfed lock? L2P lel.I had total like 20 matches with Locks...win 19...the 1 I lost...the guy literally smashed me in 3 sec top...twice....I understand he is top tier,but he didn't do so uncommon kaboom.He was just good.Get on hes level.

Like me...FM...I can't really get into air combos as I'm slow...old,whatver,but the dude wasn't using something sooo complicated...he was just good....definitely you can get better.

As about hackers and bots...you have to deal with.Hackers are dificult...bots always do the same and you just have to learn what they do.I had literally 10 min ago KFM macro,hackin user that had the blue flame buff for over 2 minutes,but I understand there is those low life people that must have something to be proud of in ther life...happen.

I'm not stupid and I'm abit blind but I have this modern thing called glasses and I can see the blue flame around his shoulders...for the entire match...

3 hours ago, Therinfloofs said:

Keep in mind I play with almost no lag (30ms ping occasioanlly spiking to 75ms)

I understand we got the 'nerfed' lock as well, but that doesn't excuse the bugs that it is riddled with.

It's obscene, just the other day before the March 9 patch warlock seemed to work perfectly fine, even got it to platinum, then in the past two days trying to climb back to play I've been experiencing an insane number of glitches and exploits people have used against the class or that just seem to happen on random.

Heres a list:

Knockdown escape [1]: Just does not work, at all, will even occasionally go on cooldown without being pressed.

Summon [tab]: Accidentally press your tab key when loading into the arena? Or on the countdown before the arena loads in, congratulations, your pet will not summon for that round pretty much.

Time warp [Tab]: Even on a 30ms ping theres a huge delay on when you press it, or whether the thrall will even use it or not. Sometimes it wont even stay up for the full duration despite the pet being untouched/having full hp.

Sanctum [c]: Tree2: Several class abilities straight up IGNORE the CC resist this gives you and will stun, knockdown, interrupt, etc while its still mid-duration

Tree3: Phantom grip will still be able to grab you out of the 'no auto targeting' zone as well as several other abilities, also doesn't effect your thrall whatsoever.

Escape skills in general [2/3]:  Your escape skills on 2/3 will soemtimes go on cooldown AT THE VERY START OF THE MATCH before any attacks have been landed on you or your thrall.

Quell [1]: Will occasionally just not block skills, or will even bug out and block skills that pierce defenses. Not only does it require we remain immobile that

Theres more thats just plain not-working with warlock at the moment such as the lack of any counterplay versus some classes like force masters. But after I frequently ran into this nonsense whilst trying to claw my way back to platinum only to run into frequent losses mostly due to these things happening, I just plain give up on playing the class until its working again.

I'm going back to bring my scummoner to diamond againn, cant even get lock back in plat because Ncsoft decided to break it. I know everyone hates the thought that anyone would even play summoner, but if this is what other classes need to deal with I totally understand why so many people default to it now.

Weird, never seen any of this in my experiences of fighting Locks. None of my friends have complained either.

And the fact that you play Summoner and Lock... Makes me question. :p

4 minutes ago, Akamu said:

Weird, never seen any of this in my experiences of fighting Locks. None of my friends have complained either.

And the fact that you play Summoner and Lock... Makes me question. :p

Not only you.Wait to see the guy rerollin to hide master at 50 patch,which we likely will have at beggining of may top.

13 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Nerfed lock? L2P lel.I had total like 20 matches with Locks...win 19...the 1 I lost...the guy literally smashed me in 3 sec top...twice....I understand he is top tier,but he didn't do so uncommon kaboom.He was just good.Get on hes level.

Like me...FM...I can't really get into air combos as I'm slow...old,whatver,but the dude wasn't using something sooo complicated...he was just good....definitely you can get better.

As about hackers and bots...you have to deal with.Hackers are dificult...bots always do the same and you just have to learn what they do.I had literally 10 min ago KFM macro,hackin user that had the blue flame buff for over 2 minutes,but I understand there is those low life people that must have something to be proud of in ther life...happen.

I'm not stupid and I'm abit blind but I have this modern thing called glasses and I can see the blue flame around his shoulders...for the entire match...

no hes right we got the version where locks are nerfed if we would have the original version of the update locks would be stronger

I played summoner before the bots showed up and got it to diamond without farming the things :D

But before march 9th I got my warlock to platinum and nearly diamond without these issues popping up. I was able to summon my pet fine, etc. I even got in over 100 matches on warlock with a good 75% win ratio. My lock is Therinfuzzles if you want to look it up.

I was planning to switch to warlock but after the reset I wound up getting about 110 wins with about 94 losses total before realizing shit wasn't right.

Got a freind into spars and tested some stuff I was wondering about and then discovered something with the recent march 9th patch either introduced bugs to the kit, or gameguard is interfering with it in some way :<

To put it simply, when I could easily faceroll people with lock before, even those that knew how to fight against the class, I still managed to get a 75+ percent win rate in platinum play, then it kinda.. went to shit after reset. Where now we have summoner/destroyer bots in platinum and diamond I cant get a lock past the 1800 elo hell segment.

I will give it a few days for the chaos and hacks and bots and other bullshit in arena to calm down and then give it another shot but until things get better for lock, *cricket* it.

I fought today LBM with infinite spin.I manage to win somehow but he was spinning 24/7.This hacks are getting ridicilous.I don't even know how they lose.I would be ashamed myself If I lose with hack.

Funny part is he wasn't even trying to hide it...0 throw of the thing on me(the one that is ther main focus regen).He was just spinning and trying to combo me.

3 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I fought today LBM with infinite spin.I manage to win somehow but he was spinning 24/7.This hacks are getting ridicilous.I don't even know how they lose.I would be ashamed myself If I lose with hack.

Funny part is he wasn't even trying to hide it...0 throw of the thing on me(the one that is ther main focus regen).He was just spinning and trying to combo me.

Its not that sort of thing im seeing, also were you attacking them? Even if you have pierce parry they always get some focus back if it procs a failed resist on the spin. But either way, lock is in a state where its lower tier than blade master but only due to game breaking bugs with the class.

1 minute ago, Teffy said:

Dude I had one lock that wipe the floor with me....in matter of some seconds...he was some kind of a beast that just pwned me badly.Practice seems to be the key here.

What range are you at? Since later on I just seem to find nothing but opponents who seem to ignore every dragon helix i throw at them.

2 minutes ago, Teffy said:

He comboed me few times one after another.Could not dodge all of them.Talking about 10m plus.

Still didnt answer my question.

Either way lock is balanced in an odd way where you can demolish a hacking summoner but if you face a Force master you may as well just disconnect. Not kidding, I beat a flyhacking summoner who was in plat on lock but i cant beat a bronze/silver tier FM worth my life I'd wind up facerolling on my BD/Summoner :<

Im FM I win 19 out of 20 matches vs Lock...this one literally blown me away...and I was geting confident of fighting locks...dunno.

Thing with FM is so count on avarage for ther shield...is 36 sec...SS and take your monster with you.Let the shield dissapear and then Combo FM.Whenever they use ice C shield take your monster out of range...and win.

I hate to tell you guys, but it's likely user error if you're getting facerolled. GRANTED, this class is made moreso for level 50 content, but it's not like this class can't kill any others. I've seen some very successful Locks in 3 v 3, as well as some that stomped me fairly hard.

2 words: git gud lol jk but for realz doe lock yes is in its weaker state they said it was something never seen at 45 but they are still powerful as hell they are just very vulnerable when attacking but when they do attack they nuke hard + they have thrall which is very very strong and can be up most of the time also u say some skills completely bypass others yea thats the case  an example i can think of is summoner sunflower going through divine veil also their are skills that bypass defence/parry too so yea thats the case with lots of em

Just now, dmoe33 said:

2 words: git gud lol jk but for realz doe lock yes is in its weaker state they said it was something never seen at 45 but they are still powerful as hell they are just very vulnerable when attacking but when they do attack they nuke hard + they have thrall which is very very strong and can be up most of the time also u say some skills completely bypass others yea thats the case  an example i can think of is summoner sunflower going through divine veil also their are skills that bypass defence/parry too so yea thats the case with lots of em

Nope, talking about people being able to CC someone in sanctum tree 2, all points in. I've been stunned by a KFM's rupture and a blade dancers raid several times despite the AOE having been down for over 3 seconds before they used them.

2 minutes ago, Therinfloofs said:

Nope, talking about people being able to CC someone in sanctum tree 2, all points in. I've been stunned by a KFM's rupture and a blade dancers raid several times despite the AOE having been down for over 3 seconds before they used them.

and ive been nuked by Summs sunflower despite my divine veil being up. It goes through it idk about the sanctum it could be a bug but just keep in mind some skills go through others this may or may not be the case

1 minute ago, dmoe33 said:

and ive been nuked by Summs sunflower despite my divine veil being up. It goes through it idk about the sanctum it could be a bug but just keep in mind some skills go through others this may or may not be the case

Im not talking about summoners sunflower, Sunflower can go through sanctum easily and summoners arent a problem on lock.

Its the fact that sanctum doesn't work as it lists and will allow cc's or auto target skills through depending on the version. Sunflower is classified as a line based AOE so its technically a skillshot.

Its things like force masters able to drop their AOEs on sanctum tree 3 and then proceed to phantom grip you out of it when both are intended to be auto-targeting abilities. 

Then theres our block which basically gets ignored in alot of cases.

You guys are literally completely missing the point of this post. It isn't to say WL are bad or whatever. He is pointing out BUGS with the skills in arena. BUGS. Not "omg kfm pwn me so hard WL sux". He is saying that there are skills which aren't working properly. 

With that said though, OP if you know that these skills do these kinds of things why are you still doing these things? Like, if I knew pressing tab would break my summon I wouldn't press tab during the loading screen...

2 minutes ago, Pookers said:

You guys are literally completely missing the point of this post. It isn't to say WL are bad or whatever. He is pointing out BUGS with the skills in arena. BUGS. Not "omg kfm pwn me so hard WL sux". He is saying that there are skills which aren't working properly. 

With that said though, OP if you know that these skills do these kinds of things why are you still doing these things? Like, if I knew pressing tab would break my summon I wouldn't press tab during the loading screen...

I have a very clingy cat, but (jk). But its more the fact that I play multiple classes on different characters such as BD/Summoner and I always make sure i open with a particular move in some cases versus other classes. This is mainly versus those oh so common players that do the whole 'appear in front/behind you before the map finishes loading' to make sure they cant get the drop on me the second time around. This saved my ass alot before the march 9 patch where I would summon pet to block a charge from a destroyer/blade dancer by mashing tab to get it out as the map is loading.

Then it suddenly just caused the pet to not summon and the skill to not grey out and act like it was on cooldown, or to grey out entirely.

WL feels like a joke vs some classes currently. My highest rating was 2067 in 1v1. Finished 6th WL. 

We have no messures to counter many situations. All we can rely on is our burst. When thats done or they resist it we have to play super defensive until next burst rotation.

vs summoners you burst them down and then you have A ton of CD's to finish them off. And by time they are off CD the summoner has healed most the damage done to him.

Force Masters. We burst them down. They either spawn their blue bubble shield to heal from our pet. (if you're in a bad location to move away from it. You will be dead and he will ehal from it)

Sins. They will just freeze you with ice bomb and burst down your Thrall before you can get out the ice.

8 minutes ago, Therinfloofs said:

Im not talking about summoners sunflower, Sunflower can go through sanctum easily and summoners arent a problem on lock.

Its the fact that sanctum doesn't work as it lists and will allow cc's or auto target skills through depending on the version. Sunflower is classified as a line based AOE so its technically a skillshot.

Its things like force masters able to drop their AOEs on sanctum tree 3 and then proceed to phantom grip you out of it when both are intended to be auto-targeting abilities. 

Then theres our block which basically gets ignored in alot of cases.

everytime ive fought a lock most of my attacks get blocked also sometimes i see bombardment and tether go through my veil, they literally jus sit there and block while their thrall attacks me so the block seems to be working fine... I dont know about the auto target cause i never went up against it but i wouldn't be surprised if thats bugged 

Archived