Forums

Question about transfering gold to an alt

Emezel

So, I want to gear up an alt who's sort on money and I thought I should send him some from my main. The thing is I don't want to pay the fee for the mail (or well, I rather want to clarify if what I'm going to ask is ok for future trades with bigger amounts of gold) and I do have a trustworthy friend who can trade me the gold from my main to my alt.

My question is, could that be considered suspicious and end up getting us both banned? Everyone's opinion is happily accepted but I'm mostly aiming for an official answer from NCsoft.

1 minute ago, Emezel said:

So, I want to gear up an alt who's sort on money and I thought I should send him some from my main. The thing is I don't want to pay the fee for the mail (or well, I rather want to clarify if what I'm going to ask is ok for future trades with bigger amounts of gold) and I do have a trustworthy friend who can trade me the gold from my main to my alt.

My question is, could that be considered suspicious and end up getting us both banned? Everyone's opinion is happily accepted but I'm mostly aiming for an official answer from NCsoft.

You won't get banned for that. Unless you're transferring few thousand gold you probably won't even catch their eye.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You won't get banned for that. Unless you're transferring few thousand gold you probably won't even catch their eye.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought too, but just trying to make sure. You never know with NCsoft.

If you search forum then you will see NC staff already reply that it's NOT BAN ABLE offense.

The key here is their AUTO BAN SYSTEM THAT BAN you if they caught and listed you for RMT offense.

*it's same for ppls asking about WTFast...you got ban by the auto system! So do it at your own RISK.

I agree with the previous poster, trading money like that doesn't violate anything, so it technically isn't a bannable offense.

However, to be honest, trades like that are sketchy as heck, and I'd think are pretty much precisely what an RMT detecting algorithm should flag,  (Ideally you want to go after the buyer, and I'd imagine buyers typically aren't buying thousands of gold) so I'd hope that their automated ban system would at the very least flag you, if not outright ban you.  But you would almost certainly be able to contact CS to get the ban lifted.  I definitely would *not* leave the money on your friend for any length of time and immediately transfer it back to your alt character (on the same account as your main) so the transaction is "balanced" between accounts as soon as possible.  Even CS may not buy it if the money is still on your friends character.

(largely depends on if their their algorithm is smart enough to see if imbalanced trades get (quickly) balanced out between accounts.  While people do transfer stuff that way, I'm not sure it's common enough for them to have bothered making their detection logic smart enough to recognize it.  'Course, I'm also assuming there *is* a detection algorith)

Archived