Forums

No breeze in arena. what is your take on it?

Daoman

Let me first start of the topic by naming the BM that runs this build; KillingGod on EU and he is one of the best BMs I have seen, extremely fluid and decisive in his combos.

I decided to build like him in the new season, I am a BM whose constantly around top of gold, hitting plat late into the season. So when picking up this play style initially I was scared about how I would perform, questions like 'wherr would I get focus from?' Or 'how will I combo'    After pvping for a little while I picked up that breeze is almost limiting skill, sucking up 4 points better utilized elsewhere.  We have amazing focus recovery on Rush & Raid total of 5, and ehirling scourge +2 every hit and the additional 24 recovery while call is active. Now we can spec honed slash to provide qn additional 1 with crit, take flight to cost one less when spec'd.  We have an amazing ability on cyclone to recover upto 4-6~8 & tab brings around a few chi once used. I'm not saying dropping breeze has done amazingly for me particularly because I am not amazing however, being able to spec anklebiter to block approach skills helps vs spinners and being able to spec left side of the F (Lightning dash) does immense work against both cat and summoner crazy damage when you proc all 3. Sorry about no spaces was typing from phone, can't add paragraphs. I would just like to say that changing from breeze use to no breeze wasn't such a scary transition as I initialltly thought and now, I am just unable to go back to a breeze build full well knowing that I'd lose the spec on a few additional skills that help immensely. What is your take on it guys?

I see and hear it from many BM that they don't put any point into breeze, but that's if and only if you can maintain your focus. If you know how to maintain your focus, you'll have more points to work with, which is great in the long run.

Thks dude very intersting though.

I'm following KillingGod too and i notice that fact, especially vs Summoners...

But...i got a problem, the 3 pts in breeze look like necessary vs certain class...like sin (where i miss the most focus points).
This 3 points change the skill for an area on 3m (vs target)...and u dont have to move forward to use it. This is important for the focus regen
when u AirCombo...am i wrong ?

Plz let me know what u think about that !

4 hours ago, Telvin said:

Thks dude very intersting though.

I'm following KillingGod too and i notice that fact, especially vs Summoners...

But...i got a problem, the 3 pts in breeze look like necessary vs certain class...like sin (where i miss the most focus points).
This 3 points change the skill for an area on 3m (vs target)...and u dont have to move forward to use it. This is important for the focus regen
when u AirCombo...am i wrong ?

Plz let me know what u think about that !

It really depends on how well you manage your combos, but I almost always go 4 points into breeze since it allows me to fluidly chain into combos I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. For instance:

lets say I tab or c daze and I have like one or no chi points, I can hit them with breeze two times and now can hit them with f to do a full air combo. And any time their falling from an airborne or knockdown, I can breeze for chi regen. It's pretty helpful, but you can do fine without it. Then again, the chi regen you get from v>v allows you to essentially one shot if you land your combo correctly, so I mean as a BM it's really all about managing your combos/cc to get into v, so you shouldn't be really too worried about breeze chi regen.

@Telvin let me reiterate that I am in no way any good or skilled but I do play a lot. What I see on my matches is the combo stays the same for when you popV. Without V if you try to combo usual style you won't be able to hit tab-f- sky cokbi the chi is limited.

you can A get 1 chi back from honed slash if you crit a lot you'll be able to perform. Mow you can hit tab, with poor chi regen you will be left eith one chi. What I see is,. E - lmb (2 chi) - ss - 3 (now your at a lot more chi you can either sky combo again or rmb him.

the next way would be to stay in draw stance ss - 3 - rmb rmb - e - lmb tab something like that. Im not extremely confident but vs assasins I dont use pull,  I use the chi regen z. 

Im not extremely confident at times but I do think this way of playing is extremely in depth and you have to be a lot more aware. The more Insee kg play the more Insee just how skilled he is im comparison to other top tier BMs, something attained by his dedication to bm. I hope to be as fluid as him in time...

You can spec to have 3 points in Breeze and none in Cyclone, 3 points in Cyclone and none in Breeze, or have 3 in each at the expense of your disable charge skills.

All 3 options work. I've used all 3, and each has advantages and disadvantages.

Some might feel that Breeze is core, and will put 3-4 points in it regardless of the situation. I feel that the Breeze-less build works, because Breeze is more of a filler skill, used to fill in gaps between CC's. You're not so much spamming this all match long. It's primary role is focus regen. Some people have no problem managing focus without points in Breeze.

Currently, I find choosing either the Cyclone or Breeze build works best for me, because I feel that having charge disabling skill grants you greater control over the match.

Archived