Level 50 patch - Classes for PvE

Mighty

Hello.

I have enough materials to upgrade one of my characters to True Pirate, but not the others.

Assuming I have all classes at 45, on what class should I spend my materials, if I'm interested in preparing for the level 50 patch?

I'm interested in: Being able to solo most/all dungeons, as fast as possible (farming purposes). Group play, both 6 and 4 man dungeons.

Thank you!

I've heard Summoner got hurt on the PvP side at least, not sure about PvE.

I was thinking about Assassin, but I've heard bosses will detect stealth so not sure how good it'll be at soloing, and about Force Master, but haven't practiced on mine so again not sure how good they are solo.

From what I've heard, other Meele classes and Warlock are only good for group play (or plain bad, Blade Dancers), in which case I'd go probably go Force Master or Summoner as Assassin doesn't sound as good in groups, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Rikusu said:

was't scummoner one of the worst at lvl50

In PvP in KR second place is a scummoner with 100 win streak and 100-0 record and 100% winrate (no shit). In PvE Scummoner>all because of crazy sunflower damage and cat Taunt.

Currently in Chinese server, summoner is the strongest and most needed class in PVE, and Blade dancer  is pretty good as well.

Assassin is not a good choice in PVE since it doesn't have good team support skills, and bosses can detect stealth for sure. The DPS is pretty Ok, just assassin is not essential in a team.

Force master is a decent class as well in this version, but not sure about the future :)

I don't play PVP and know nothing about that, lol. 

I've been doing some reading:

Aren't Assassins getting a party-buff like the KFM, greatly increasing everyone's crit and focus?

I've read their playstyle will switch to a more poison-focused build instead of perma-stealth, and that their DPS would increase.

Lastly, I've read that in Korea people say best DPS is Summoner, followed by FM, with WL and Sins close on their trails because of buffs. Does anyone know if this information is true?

37 minutes ago, Mighty said:

I've been doing some reading:

Aren't Assassins getting a party-buff like the KFM, greatly increasing everyone's crit and focus?

I've read their playstyle will switch to a more poison-focused build instead of perma-stealth, and that their DPS would increase.

Lastly, I've read that in Korea people say best DPS is Summoner, followed by FM, with WL and Sins close on their trails because of buffs. Does anyone know if this information is true?

not sure about that party buff, but i've heard a lot that from all classes, Force master is the one that deals the most dmg. Warlock comes second due to soulburn, then Summoner (yes sum can still solo content due to cat, though i've heard his cat taunt got nerfed, need to confirm that) and Assassin. Though WL and Sum are the most in-demand classes for 50 pve, so if you really want to prepare, i suggest you pick one of the 2.

On 11.3.2016 at 10:41 PM, KingBob said:

Currently in Chinese server, summoner is the strongest and most needed class in PVE, and Blade dancer  is pretty good as well.

Assassin is not a good choice in PVE since it doesn't have good team support skills, and bosses can detect stealth for sure. The DPS is pretty Ok, just assassin is not essential in a team.

Force master is a decent class as well in this version, but not sure about the future :)

I don't play PVP and know nothing about that, lol. 

You wot? 

Assassins got boosted so hard the last patch that they are easily one if no the best dps classes in the Asian BnS version. 

Also yes they have a dps buff similar to KFM's dps buff and since the latest patch they don't even need a HM skill for it (they needed it until now). 

Conclusion:

OP dps, OP dps buff and Party stealth which is a must for specific dungeons makes assassins to one of the most needed classes in the game. 

We only fall a bit behind this patch but once we get the 50 patch and hm skills we will be the PvE kings together with FMs and summoners. 

On 3/16/2016 at 9:13 AM, Shiune said:

You wot? 

Assassins got boosted so hard the last patch that they are easily one if no the best dps classes in the Asian BnS version. 

Also yes they have a dps buff similar to KFM's dps buff and since the latest patch they don't even need a HM skill for it (they needed it until now). 

Conclusion:

OP dps, OP dps buff and Party stealth which is a must for specific dungeons makes assassins to one of the most needed classes in the game. 

We only fall a bit behind this patch but once we get the 50 patch and hm skills we will be the PvE kings together with FMs and summoners. 

Yes, I agree,  you are right, in  the latest version assassin's DPS is buffed a lot. The above is just my experience from Chinese server, not sure if it applies here.

Since in the current state of Chinese server, people are not lack of damage (mostly because they have a different weapon system and the top class weapon is pretty OP....), so while choosing party numbers, the consideration is more about their function (CC, party support skills and etc) instead of DPS.

Unfortunately summoner is too OP in PVE: the cat can tank, and party stealth works better than assassins (and you are right, it's essential in some dungeons ), OP DPS

So basically they have everything you need in a dungeon and not replaceable sometimes. So most of the time people won't consider assassins for party stealth which is also partly due to the bias from the previous versions.

Assassin is a really fun class to play. And I don't think it matters which class to play if people have friends to play together.

In Chinese server, most people tend to choose OP classes to play since there are class discrimination in the top dungeons. So most people play summoner, BD, BM. But in the EU server , we will have different weapon tree which might make some difference. So choosing the class you enjoyed the most would never be wrong :)

Also the silverfrost version is released in 2014 August in CN. After that they have updated 11 versions so far. So what I said is about the current version in China. I think in the coming EU version, it doesn't matter which class to play in the new three heroic dungeons, you could be always needed if you have a decent gear.

Archived