Forums

Dragonhelix vs DragonCall (after volume 2 obtained)

UchihaVegeta

Well depends on what you like. I prefer playing with dragon Helix cause I feel my dps to be better. From what I've seen (just my personal opinion) Dragoncall is more of a Burst dmg while Dragon Helix is more of a Constant DPS. WL is more about bursting that doing constant dmg. Constant is an FM's job. But I like constant DPS and WL animations so I go for this. It's all a matter of what you like more. 

Should also note that

+ Dragon helix can be used 3 times per Wingstorm duration under the condition that each of the Wingstorm hit lands successfully to create 3 astral orbs to use Dragon helix, with each of the Dragon helix has its own crit chance and insta cast.

+ Dragon call has high damage, can be insta cast under prerequisite conditions, however; it has long animation and  if your target goes out side of your attack range, the attack will not land and still be put on CD. 

As a high-ping player I personally prefer dragon call over dragon helix (since you only need to press 4 once per combo).

Call (instant-cast one) also kind of gives me more time to block the opponents' attacks using quell, whilst while using the helix build I find myself to be too occupied to spamming 4 most of the time that I don't have time to press 1.

Currently I'm still using the normal dragon call without volume 2, and I find the damage to be satisfying in pve.

When there's two wl's and a kfm in the party and its a boss... I loveeee the dragoncall build w timewarp/soulburn/blue buff... I feel like I do not stop pressing that 4. I don't even have to press any other buttons its just instant cast dragon after instant cast dragon maybe a couple skills in between but 90% of the initial 4 dragoncalls will crit and those free ones will crit and by the time you use all your free dragoncalls the cd will be up and youll throw out another instant dragoncall ermgahrghrgh its why I love this class

But honestly I only use dragoncall during boss fights/parts of mushins/some pvp... for everything else I use helix. Helix is just more flexible and works well in all situations imo... I really hate when clearing mobs and I have an instacast dragoncall that I send out and the mob I accidentally targetted dies and all the mobs around it are still alive.. Feels like such a waste =[

Archived