VISUAL BUG: Temptation Outfit

Sikab

5 minutes ago, Sikab said:

Nvm. Decided to just Uninstall the game. Not worth the time, Support is total clueless and doesn't even care (referring to them suggesting to REPAIR my game files when I said in my opening ticket I ALREADY DID).

Thanks NCsoft for the headache. It was a pleasure.

lol  This one issue had you uninstall the game.  An issue I've seen in many other MMOs?  Namely all of them.  Not that it should be there, but the point stands. :p

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

lol  This one issue had you uninstall the game.  An issue I've seen in many other MMOs?  Namely all of them.  Not that it should be there, but the point stands. :p

when a several years old game, still F|_|cks up this much... yes that is enough for me to uninstall. money wasted, lesson learned, no more NCsoft game, ever.

Just now, Sikab said:

when a several years old game, still *cricket*s up this much... yes that is enough for me to uninstall. money wasted, lesson learned, no more NCsoft game, ever.

And it's other several year old, older than BnS games that do the same thing.  :p

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

And it's other several year old, older than BnS games that do the same thing.  :p

in my 20 yrs of gaming... it's the very first time I experienced this. so please. stop being a blind fan.

That's... pretty zoomed out.  I don't remember being able to zoom that far out.  If it's really only happening max zoom, I'd guess that for whatever reason (optimization?) those models simply don't have the fabric parts (I'm guessing those are fabric parts?) past a certain level of LoD.

They did say their were optimization improvements in the last patch, some of which could be getting rid of the portions of models that use cloth physics in certain LoD's.

edit:  Another possibility could be layered transparency issues, but I don't see how max zoom could effect it, unless you are somehow zooming far enough back that there's some "new" transparency layer between camera and model that isn't in the way when you are more zoomed in.

17 minutes ago, Sikab said:

when a several years old game, still F|_|cks up this much... yes that is enough for me to uninstall. money wasted, lesson learned, no more NCsoft game, ever.

Well, can I have your stuff then?

6 minutes ago, Sikab said:

in my 20 yrs of gaming... it's the very first time I experienced this. so please. stop being a blind fan.

This isn't being a blind fan.  Please.  NCSoft cancelled my favorite MMO.  :p  I've seen it in WoW, I've seen it in TERA, I've seen it in TOR, I've seen it every MMO I've played.  Maybe what it is, is you want an excuse to get on the forums for a game you said you uninstalled and bad mouth the game :p  Seriously, if you don't play the game, why be on it's forums at all? o.O  Perplexes me.

And sometimes, it's an issue that doesn't even effect everyone.  Did it ever occur to you, it's you computer?  Your setup?  Not everyone is reporting this, and I've run dungeons with players in Temptation and not seen it happen.

This isn't being a blind fan. 

1 hour ago, HeyMe said:

That's... pretty zoomed out.  I don't remember being able to zoom that far out.  If it's really only happening max zoom, I'd guess that for whatever reason (optimization?) those models simply don't have the fabric parts (I'm guessing those are fabric parts?) past a certain level of LoD.

They did say their were optimization improvements in the last patch, some of which could be getting rid of the portions of models that use cloth physics in certain LoD's.

edit:  Another possibility could be layered transparency issues, but I don't see how max zoom could effect it, unless you are somehow zooming far enough back that there's some "new" transparency layer between camera and model that isn't in the way when you are more zoomed in.

thats the max 400 settings that is present in the game.

it does this between roughly 150-400.

"improvements" means *cricket*ing up that was not broken?

Depends on your definition of *cricket*ing up stuff.

Very few people seem to have a silky smooth framerate at all times, and while sometimes optimization can be simple code changes, a lot of the times it means simplifying models.  I'd expect most people having frame rate issues would take lower quality extreme LoD models if it improves their frame rate.  Now maybe this means they need a higher quality setting for the few people that aren't having issues, or perhaps better logic in determining when to switch to the extreme LoD models instead of just distance from camera. (or w/e)

(Just saying, I could easily see developers making the decision as an "emergency optimization", to kill all fabric meshes over a certain distance from the camera.  Or, perhaps more likely, simply bringing in the existing distance at which that happens.)

(assuming, of course, that this is even an LoD issue)

5 minutes ago, HeyMe said:

Depends on your definition of *cricket*ing up stuff.

Very few people seem to have a silky smooth framerate at all times, and while sometimes optimization can be simple code changes, a lot of the times it means simplifying models.  I'd expect most people having frame rate issues would take lower quality extreme LoD models if it improves their frame rate.  Now maybe this means they need a higher quality setting for the few people that aren't having issues, or perhaps better logic in determining when to switch to the extreme LoD models instead of just distance from camera. (or w/e)

(assuming, of course, that this is an LoD issue)

probably your assumption is on point. since I never had this issue before thsi crap patch.

FPS issues will always be present. the engine can't do more, no matter how they try. due to the engines age, and the games age... it runs much much better on older PCs which are considered low-end/mid category today.

That will never change. What they can do is exectly what you described. *cricket* up the already working client.

EDIT: and by "*cricket*in up" I mean ruining one of the main selling point of the game... outfits. don't kid ourselves. the games main concept is a "barbie dress up" game for males.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to say I also have this problem x.x you're not alone! With how rare this bug is... I'm thinking it HAS to be something on our ends. The type of computer we have, the default settings of our AMD Radeon etc. idk how we'd fix it, but my guess is honestly we'd have to tweak something about our own computer settings, OR, some smart person could go into the Blade and Soul game files and figure out some sort of tweak that would fix this distance-based rendering glitch :P

Archived