Is BM the lowest DPS class in PvE?

Eldraed

I am curious if BM is the lowest DPS currently.  I also have a FM that I know and understand will be higher, but it seems it is a LOT exponentially higher in DPS than my BM.  

Any of you experienced BMs that can weigh in?  I have Awakened Siren sword lvl 10, awakened infernal ring/neck/ear lvl 10, siren belt only lvl 5 (that is a work in progress), and I have the Siren bracelet with 6 damage, 193 crit, and 255 crit dmg. 

I am using this build:

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=450100210043201413063223321211211381111111105221084320532202311041112721603210032213211

I can stay in Draw stance for most of the fights when not dodging boss attacks or briefly run out of focus. 

BM is a burst DPS class, because we rely on CD's like sundering sword and blade call to generate our chi and use Honed Slash. And even then I would say our burst is somewhat lower than what the other melee classes can pull out as their sustained DPS. We're also limited by our CD's to enter draw stance and our animation cancel eats more chi rather than generating more chi to negate it.  Just look at destroyer, their LMB RMB is readily available, LMB generates some chi too. BM also needs a CC to get the full damage out of honed slash and most of the time a boss isn't going to be CC'ed.

I can keep agro on bsh 4-man without using skills that builds up agro for most of the fights with trasher, mane and sisters. So i don't rly think it's the lowest dps class. Unless i got fm with 440+ ap or kfm, but he is tank aswell so it doesn't really matters. U just need to be fluent in dpsing imho.

On 3/10/2016 at 8:50 PM, Nilkemios said:

Hmm. Right now I think Warlock might fall under lowest DPS right now...Blade Master can put out some good DPS if you can get in Drw Stance and keep it for a bit, or use it alongside the Flock of Blades/Blade Call skills.

I know you say you think but warlock are far from low dps.

Atm BM is the lowest dmg class because its a tank. If its not tanking it will have even lower dps because it cant benefit from as much chi regen, and more chi > more skills > more damage. Come the 50 patch with HM 11 and elemental jewels it becomes the 2nd lowest dmg class beating only KFM in damage. IT IS A TANK. 

BM is the only class that can tank Raijin and Fujin at the same time and hold aggro while FMs are blasting their 25k+ awakened twin dragons.

There is a video of a sin soloing brightstone and he took 3:40 for the boss. It takes me (BM) 2:56. Both of us are max geared. So yeah, our bursts are good for something :)

rofl bm for sure is not lowest dps class, if you *cricket* up your boost like noob, then yeah you deal no dmg compared to other class, but if you wont *cricket* it up, its good dps, was checking some sins dps compared to bm, well i've managed do 8.1 in 57 secs, while i rarely see sins doing it lol

imo blank is like FM >sin > (kfm,bm,bd) > rest 

bm is not braindead class, if you want to pull out great dps, you have to think about what skill you use and what you do even in pve, its not braidead class like sm or destro, where you spam just rmb with sm or lmb rmb with destro. 

On 18/03/2016 at 4:39 AM, Kazna said:

rofl bm for sure is not lowest dps class, if you *cricket* up your boost like noob, then yeah you deal no dmg compared to other class, but if you wont *cricket* it up, its good dps, was checking some sins dps compared to bm, well i've managed do 8.1 in 57 secs, while i rarely see sins doing it lol

imo blank is like FM >sin > (kfm,bm,bd) > rest 

bm is not braindead class, if you want to pull out great dps, you have to think about what skill you use and what you do even in pve, its not braidead class like sm or destro, where you spam just rmb with sm or lmb rmb with destro. 

This^ is why i play  BM and love it, the frenetic playstyle, the this that forces us to be mobile and tactic all the time, knowing how to manage which cd and not spam skills brainlessly...bms need to be 100% focused into the slacc and the skills,need to know what to do next always and not like some classes that spam 2 skills and gg boring win.

Archived