Reached platinum on my summoner but still get hate?

Finished last season with a record of 58 wins and 32 losses and a rating of 1902. I was super proud of reaching platinum but when I mentioned it in my guild chat they just said meh your a summoner so it don't count. It's kind of annoying because the only reason I picked this class when BnS first launched was not because it was overpowered I actually had no idea what was overpowered since ive never played BnS. The only reason I picked a summoner was because they got a kung fu cat and because I played a pet class in world of warcraft called a hunter.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the same boat as you. I think the only way it will stop is when the class is nerfed to ground and unplayable. They are balanced in KR because they are level50 with all hongmoon abilities available and more skillpoints to use. I think they still require a bit of thinking and outplay to avoid the dumb 100-0 combo, find openings in resist build or to finally catch an avoiding enemi in a combo. Having Rumblebee HM probably would change playstyle heavily as i'm kinda tired of machinegun sunflower. Sumoner isn't really a combo class but I would love to combo with it. When I say a class is kinda OP for the fact they can do X easily and kinda toy me around with any build they want, there's no real discussion aside from summoner is OP and require no skill. It slashes my mood and renders any acheivements useless. I didn't like having to be better than resist build users and time out strategy users. Its more stressful than enjoyable when I laddered last season. Oh well.

Unfortunately I will probably reroll to WL when the 50 patch comes, because they are pretty much nerfing SMN to the ground /:

Apparently they are making it so we can't use our pet when we are CC'd. so... gg.

Who gives a cricket that you didn't know? It doesn't matter. Your class is a faceroll class for idiots that doesn't require any skill whatsoever. Platinum? It's as hard as getting... maybe gold on other classes except BD. You think that changes because you didn't know? Lulz no. You are more skilled from other summoners because you didn't know they are OP? What the hell is that broken logic?

1 hour ago, Yuuki said:

Unfortunately I will probably reroll to WL when the 50 patch comes, because they are pretty much nerfing SMN to the ground /:

Apparently they are making it so we can't use our pet when we are CC'd. so... gg.

Oh that sucks. Do you know when 50 patch will come to NA?

2 minutes ago, Yuuki said:

WL? Also nerfed to the ground. Well, it's still useless. It's just a buff machine for dungeons. It serves absolutely no other purpose.

so what's ur Rank of the summoner class when u got plat? mabye500 to 1k?and a 1750rating bm or fm got the 500th in their class ranking, ppl always say player under 1700 don't know how to pvp.

That's why ur faction mates said u r a summoner  and  that does not count.

So just play a weak class to get plat ,make ur faction ppl shut up and own respect.

The cat grapple is the op shit here.No other class have it that easy...100 diff type of stuns/knockdowns and grapple without cd.The cat itself doesn't do a lot of dmg...but its beyond stupid class to literally take 70% of your hp in 4 sec while you can't do anything,worse they can spam this grapple.

I barely lose to summoners,but whenever I do is this damn moment when you get 2 stuns/knockdowns in 10 sec or so and they catch you second time with grapple.God hate this shit so much.

53 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

Finished last season with a record of 58 wins and 32 losses and a rating of 1902. I was super proud of reaching platinum but when I mentioned it in my guild chat they just said meh your a summoner so it don't count. It's kind of annoying because the only reason I picked this class when BnS first launched was not because it was overpowered I actually had no idea what was overpowered since ive never played BnS. The only reason I picked a summoner was because they got a kung fu cat and because I played a pet class in world of warcraft called a hunter.

Allow me to shed some light on the hate you're receiving.

You're getting hated on for getting plat with Summoner because Summoner is currently not a class that people can beat easily. It's relatively overpowered. I mean, you can successfully immobilize most classes with 2 skills, and have your cat do all the work, while you sit back and laugh. It's not a fair fight. It's essentially 2v1 in the arena. With warlocks, it's a little different. Our pet is on a timer, so we're not in the easy boat, especially since our skills mostly require us to stand still and hope we don't get knocked down, or taken out of the skill cast. Summoners can too easily abuse the targeting system by staying behind (or on top of) their pet while dishing out more than enough damage to kill someone quickly. It's not that they hate you, it's that they hate your class, and most people are right. For Summoner, Platinum isn't a reward, and it's not something to be congratulated on. Good job and all, but it's too easy to do for you. Your class is LITERALLY the top class in arenas, because you can sit in arenas and out of 10 matches, you'll most likely win 9.

Honestly, I'm going to say congratulations for hitting plat, but shoot for Diamond. Shut your rude ass clan up. I'm salty because your class is bullshit, but congratulations anyways.

people are raging because they have no *cricket*ing idea how to play agains a summoners. most people bitching out here dosent understand that you have to control the summoner AND the cat. they think its doing everything itself when it isint. 

not to mention that all they do is straight up focus a crouching cat or tunnel vision on the pet while i literally walk on the other corner of the map and prepare to re-summon a new cat.

people are really bad at this game and decent smart players can and will outplay a summoner. Summoners arent OP, players are just trash and bad at the game.

You stand in talented petal storma nd they try to hit you with every range skill they possibly have. 

Alright, normally I don't post on forums since it's usually never going to get anywhere.

But you seem to be a summoner who showed some sign of intelligence.

First of all, you not knowing that the class is OP is totally irrelevant.

The class is overpowered and get hated for it, and you're no any different.

So you can't use your lack of knowledge as an excuse, mainly because no one is going to take you serious for it.

Second, they aren't getting nerfed, it's just that all the other classes are getting stronger too due to hongmoon skills and more skill points.

You changing a class because it's actually getting balanced only shows that you pick classes that are strong, while warlock might not be the strongest class it still is really good at 50 cap since they get more points and hongmoon skills

It wil balance out, the only thing that they might remove are some broken mechanics.

1. The cat knocking someone out of an aerial combo, which should not happen since the aerial combo skills all have 100% evasion.

2. The cat can grapple an opponent when the opponent can't do anything, all the other grapple skills like KFM/Destroyer grapple or Force choke from force master/blade dancers have some counter skills like retaliation/slip kick/reversal, but none of them can be used when the cat grapples you.

So for 5 seconds you take a beating and the only thing you can do is use your tab escape, problem is the grapple is on a 18sec cd while the tab escape on a 36 while also being the most important escape.

3. Maybe just BM things or just me, but sunflower goes through my block and warding spirit(a shield that blocks ranged attacks.), not sure why and how but there isn't much I can do about it whena skill goes through all my defences.

4. For some reason a summoner can disable the blocking ability for 10 sec, other classes can disable max 6 sec and I'm not sure if a summoner even deserves such a utility.

And third, check the rankings. (and I'm talking about 1900+ratings)

There is a reason why there are so many summoners, and I highly doubt all people play it because they love it.

It's a class that was designed to be easy and strong, but as of now it is to strong in this cap.

Meanwhile classes like Blade Master/Kungfu master/Force Master have a ridiculous learning curve to fully utilize the skills of a class and to use it to win a fight, a summoner can win with a few buttons and be completely braindead.

So I agree with your clan mates, as a summoner it´s nothing special nor should you think that you´re good.

You just happen to play a class that has very few counterplay.

Maybe in 50 cap you "might" get some respect from people for your pvp achievements, but in this cap you shouldn't expect anything.

I'm a blade master myself, and everytime I see a summoner I know that I only got like 5 or 6% chance of winning.

Blade master isn't the best class in the patch, but there shouldn't be classes that almost feel hopeless against other classes.

End of rant/wall of text.

And for what it's worth, congratulations I guess.

8 minutes ago, Shayryu said:

Alright, normally I don't post on forums since it's usually never going to get anywhere.

But you seem to be a summoner who showed some sign of intelligence.

First of all, you not knowing that the class is OP is totally irrelevant.

The class is overpowered and get hated for it, and you're no any different.

So you can't use your lack of knowledge as an excuse, mainly because no one is going to take you serious for it.

Second, they aren't getting nerfed, it's just that all the other classes are getting stronger too due to hongmoon skills and more skill points.

You changing a class because it's actually getting balanced only shows that you pick classes that are strong, while warlock might not be the strongest class it still is really good at 50 cap since they get more points and hongmoon skills

It wil balance out, the only thing that they might remove are some broken mechanics.

1. The cat knocking someone out of an aerial combo, which should not happen since the aerial combo skills all have 100% evasion.

2. The cat can grapple an opponent when the opponent can't do anything, all the other grapple skills like KFM/Destroyer grapple or Force choke from force master/blade dancers have some counter skills like retaliation/slip kick/reversal, but none of them can be used when the cat grapples you.

So for 5 seconds you take a beating and the only thing you can do is use your tab escape, problem is the grapple is on a 18sec cd while the tab escape on a 36 while also being the most important escape.

3. Maybe just BM things or just me, but sunflower goes through my block and warding spirit(a shield that blocks ranged attacks.), not sure why and how but there isn't much I can do about it whena skill goes through all my defences.

4. For some reason a summoner can disable the blocking ability for 10 sec, other classes can disable max 6 sec and I'm not sure if a summoner even deserves such a utility.

And third, check the rankings. (and I'm talking about 1900+ratings)

There is a reason why there are so many summoners, and I highly doubt all people play it because they love it.

It's a class that was designed to be easy and strong, but as of now it is to strong in this cap.

Meanwhile classes like Blade Master/Kungfu master/Force Master have a ridiculous learning curve to fully utilize the skills of a class and to use it to win a fight, a summoner can win with a few buttons and be completely braindead.

So I agree with your clan mates, as a summoner it´s nothing special nor should you think that you´re good.

You just happen to play a class that has very few counterplay.

Maybe in 50 cap you "might" get some respect from people for your pvp achievements, but in this cap you shouldn't expect anything.

I'm a blade master myself, and everytime I see a summoner I know that I only got like 5 or 6% chance of winning.

Blade master isn't the best class in the patch, but there shouldn't be classes that almost feel hopeless against other classes.

End of rant/wall of text.

And for what it's worth, congratulations I guess.

Like FM stand so much chance vs good BM...I don't talk about op FM's like Bevv or alike...they are like this korean streamer....rare animals.

Last night I had 5 bm's in a row and I wanted to throw my pc from the window.This fights are god alwful.

There is just no balance at all ATM.

3 hours ago, Mariester said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I think the only way it will stop is when the class is nerfed to ground and unplayable. They are balanced in KR because they are level50 with all hongmoon abilities available and more skillpoints to use. I think they still require a bit of thinking and outplay to avoid the dumb 100-0 combo, find openings in resist build or to finally catch an avoiding enemi in a combo. Having Rumblebee HM probably would change playstyle heavily as i'm kinda tired of machinegun sunflower. Sumoner isn't really a combo class but I would love to combo with it. When I say a class is kinda OP for the fact they can do X easily and kinda toy me around with any build they want, there's no real discussion aside from summoner is OP and require no skill. It slashes my mood and renders any acheivements useless. I didn't like having to be better than resist build users and time out strategy users. Its more stressful than enjoyable when I laddered last season. Oh well.

As always when I hear people say such n such is op and require no skill..  I wonder how come summoners don't have all 100% win rate > that implies it does requires skill lol

Otherwise not until it's just 100% free win, and that is wt u call no skill XD

Its like if summoner require no skill how can summoner bots lose at all? Especially they lose against almost everyone XD

About sum in pvp the only thing I don't understand about it is that how come dmg dealt to cat by ur opponent isn't counted when time over... I mean that's such bs even tho I play sum... I still think it's total bs

Besides that the only two classes which should have big issue with sum are bm and sins... I don't understand how a lbd or fm should complain about a sum lmao.... 

Bd only needs to spin to break free from root...  also use ankle biter on the cat then chase the sum....  for next 8 seconds the cat is out of the equation lol and sum without cat is like 1/3 as effective as when they have the cat lol

Fm.. if u complain then learn first how to burst... grips sum out of petals > hurls the summoner forcing them to burn their hard escape > proceed to burst them down... honestly so long as u have a frost on cat and keeps running and resists the hammer... u will win like easy.

Also if they don't burn their hard escape... kill the cat :X u have enough dmg to lol then without cat, do w.e u like to the sum

Sins however is extremely hard to fight vs sums so I can understand their complains but that is what class counters are...

Its like kfms have very hard time vs sins sins have hard time vs sum then sum have hard time vs Fm Fm have hard time vs sins... and there are ofc more complexity to this but most people complaining just simply don't care XD

4 hours ago, Phorni said:

About sum in pvp the only thing I don't understand about it is that how come dmg dealt to cat by ur opponent isn't counted when time over... I mean that's such bs even tho I play sum... I still think it's total bs

Hm, is that so? I could swear i won games against summ by points where i literally only hit the cat the entire match. But i will test that whenever i find time for it.

4 hours ago, Phorni said:

Its like kfms have very hard time vs sins sins have hard time vs sum then sum have hard time vs Fm Fm have hard time vs sins... and there are ofc more complexity to this but most people complaining just simply don't care XD

Sin does not destroy fm, fm destroys sin more than ANY other class in the game! But sins can actually beat summoners very "well" as it´s now, as in they can beat them consistently with less effort than against some other classes, like BD in plat-dia rank (with that i mean 2k). While summoner would be favoured in this matchup, they most of the time just can´t play. I mean against 90% of the summoners i can just woodblock whenever and they never *NEVER* grab me when i do that, they *ALWAYS* hit into it instead!

As a BM I hate facing summoners and assassins, in my opinion the problem is that summoners can heavily punish someone too easily and too often. What it feels like is "summoners only have to do grapple once and it's GG, 75% of your health gone in 4 secs". The effort needed for a summoner to win is not comparable. 
Well, the class is like that but what I disapprove is that the cat can still me when I'm using heavenly dance / ascend when it's supposed to have a 100% evade chance, but meh, need to work with that.

1) Practically all the players that preach summoner hate - are also the ones struggling with the matchup (below plat). They simply don´t know the massive weakness summoners also have. And those players oppinions are pretty incompent and shouldn´t bother you.

2) Currently there are much less summoner hate, that goes hand in hand with players generally getting better understanding of the pvp-mechanics and classes. Last night top10 EU only had 2 Summoners, where as one of them is being reported for being a bot-hacker. - So practically just 1 in top10.

3) Summoner have easy matchup vs Sin, and favoured matchup vs lbm/bm - destroyers, fm and kfm is a hard matchup. Summoner and warlock even. It´s already pretty balanced.

i wouldn't worry about the hate.

people just need something to rage at and the circlejerk hate against Summoners is the current trend right now.

it'll shift to Assassins/Destoryers in the level 50 patch if the Asian charts are to be believed.

Platinum is still an achievement. i don't think many people realize that many arena players are sub-1900 and stuck in gold.

Reading comments in this thread makes me realise that people pull numbers out of nowhere and don't read, pay attention, or lag. Also, this game is rock-paper-scissors currently; summoners have to match up against a new player to win against some classes just like other classes do. Hating them is just the cool thing to do now. I got platinum playing a summoner by beating a bunch of summoners. I was constantly blocked by Blade Dancers, Destroyers, and Kung Fu Masters, who are immune to my skills most of the match, trying to get there, but it will still be labeled as an "easy class" when I finally get to a certain score. If you played any of those classes, you could argue they only got their score by beating a bunch of summoners because they have a huge advantage over the class by spamming one button/combo, which makes their class the "easy class." Just ignore the dumb comments people make and play what you want.

This is funny tbh, in wow your class is the most hated and casually called a "huntard", here it is labelled a "scummoner". Maybe you should play something challenging for a change?

On a serious note, though, just play for fun whatever you want, but don't expect any kind of recognition for a playing a summoner, the class has a stigma now and it will be like that forever

Archived