Why NA is the reason for the bot problem

Devinator00

If you think about it, NCSoft has done everything they can to combat the bot problem, but the real reason why gold bots continue to come back is not because NCSoft is messing up it's because people in NA are BUYING GOLD! *GASP!*. Think about it, if everyone in NA would just stop buying gold from these gold farmers we wouldn't have a bot problem. They would realize there is no money to be made in BnS and would move onto another game. But because players in NA continue to purchase gold from these people they continue to plague the servers and hog up resources. So don't blame NCSoft for the bots, blame the people in NA who are buying gold from them. Thank you.

If people are really buying gold why are the bots becoming more desperate?

RMT rate at release: 1.7 USD

RMT rate atm: 0.2 USD

and the spam is becoming more intrusive/reaching more people than before, too.

For me, this looks like a desperation move. They will become more aggressive in their marketing until they close shop.

11 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

If you think about it, NCSoft has done everything they can to combat the bot problem, but the real reason why gold bots continue to come back is not because NCSoft is messing up it's because people in NA are BUYING GOLD! *GASP!*. Think about it, if everyone in NA would just stop buying gold from these gold farmers we wouldn't have a bot problem. They would realize there is no money to be made in BnS and would move onto another game. But because players in NA continue to purchase gold from these people they continue to plague the servers and hog up resources. So don't blame NCSoft for the bots, blame the people in NA who are buying gold from them. Thank you.

So.  The EU servers are all bot free then?

17 minutes ago, Eckin said:

For me, this looks like a desperation move. They will become more aggressive in their marketing until they close shop.

Blaming a price drop on players not buying, doesnt really cover a list of other reasons prices are changing

Opening rates are, of course, going to  fluctuate for a number of reasons.

Potential buyer interest will indeed make the price go up or down.  But there are a number of factors to concider.

>In game gold trade

>Competing gold selling sites/farmers

>More efficient bots to farm faster

>Sites competing against other players who are selling gold off game

4 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

stop buying gold then?

This guy for president.

"The reason NA has issues is that people are breaking the rules. Everyone should stop breaking the rules. And stealing. And killing each other."

*gasp* How did we not think of that?

20 minutes ago, Eckin said:

Actually, it's just because gold became easier to get(more supply/less demand) and they rooted in their network. I doubt it's a desperation move by far - and they're constantly inventing new ways to screw with you and shove that ad in your face.

It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dum dum.......
And I don't think It's funny
To see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dum dum...
And I think we got it all wrong anyway

Ops... sorry :D

43 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

stop buying gold then?

Huh?  AFAIK the economies of the two regions are independant.  And you definitely can't mail money from one server to another, much less one region to another.  So if the cause of bots are people buying gold, and the cause of bots on the NA servers are NA people buying gold.  Then if EU players aren't buying gold, there shouldn't be any bots on the EU servers.  However, if there are bots on the EU servers, then the problem isn't NA people buying Gold, but rather people (in general) buying gold.

That said, I disagree that the devs have done everything they can.

Well if thats the case i blame EU for the lag cause their server is unstable and NC uses resources maintaining it thus less resources for one server. See how stupid this sounds? Dont go pointing fingers just because ur upset instead be considerate in patient 

I agree with the concept the OP is highlighting. No demand = no supply = no bots/gold spammers. The only reason bots/spammers are in *any* game is because there are folks who don't mind taking the easy path in life. Do your skills suck? Sure...go ahead and buy that cheap gold to purchase from auction and boost your gear instead of actually *playing* to earn it. Never mind the fact that you might actually get better by playing.

Never mind the fact that these bots and spammers actually make the game experience worse for everyone else who's trying to earn things legitimately.

Once again, I'm speaking about games in general, not necessarily just about BnS.

I don't think too many people would buy gold from gold bots especially because Ncsoft has an extreme banning policy on gold buyers.

I think the best solution is to add an extra step in creating an account. Require every account created to have a code send to your phone. The phone number used can be only used once every month so that it limits farmers while still allowing players to have or create spare accounts. 

Its not to stop but limit bot farmers, kill off more than they can make, making it incredibly profiting and they will die out eventually.

Since gold farmers are cheap they won't spent money on multiple phone numbers and if your really playing this game you should have or could afford a phone. I think its a effective solution.

I can see why some people buy gold, even myself have thought about buying some, but I didn't.

lets admit it, the new currency exchange is pure cancer, you feel scammed just by spending 10€ / $ / £ on it, sometimes you will end with like -15 gold.

21 minutes ago, LightningSora said:

I can see why some people buy gold, even myself have thought about buying some, but I didn't.

lets admit it, the new currency exchange is pure cancer, you feel scammed just by spending 10€ / $ / £ on it, sometimes you will end with like -15 gold.

I'd argue the gold wall that is the lack of a moonwater transformation stone when you kill Hujilker or whatever his name is in the early part of the 3rd act is the reason.  It feels broken that, short of buying gold, you probably aren't going to be upgrading past that point (even though you continue getting breakthrough weapons) until you've pretty much finished chapter 3.  My understanding is that in the foreign versions, you got one either from a quest or from a survey that got you over that hump.  In our version, not so much.  You're going to be pretty much stuck with your level 36 weapon, collecting breakthrough weapons, until the end of the chapter.  Contrary to pretty much every previous upgrade where you somewhat naturally got what you needed.

I think modern MMO companies are too tied up with the idea of renting out security systems like gameguard that don't do anything. They want an easy automated solution that costs nothing. It's a bad and inefficient policy. They should instead simply be investing on more employees to simply fly around the world, invisible, reading reports and looking for bots to ban.

You assign a handful to each server and let them sweep the world starting from the high level zones and work their way downward. Once they clean up the higher level areas, bots get bottlenecked into the lower level zones and its shooting fish in a barrel.

2 hours ago, HeyMe said:

The correct thread?

Best answer ever.  lol

Back to topic, I'm curious how the op came to the conclusion that NA is the cause of the gold bots.  Do you have any proof to back this claim?

People have, do and still will buy gold. Nothing you can do about it.

Except that what Tera does. You can buy gold off the Tera cash shop indirectly. And this is what (apparently) kills the profit for gold sellers in Tera; you buy a cosmetic cash shop item and sell it for gold to another player. This doesn't drive the inflation (no gold is generated), is dynamic (ratio is not set by the publisher and e.g. changes for sell out events) and profits all players. Those who have a lot of time to farm and much gold but little real cash and those who have real cash and need gold.

And the last time we saw a gold advertisement in Tera, we all were laughing at the poor rates of the gold seller as you made more gold by buying it (indirectly) off the cash shop.

6 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

People in every nation, and in every game buy gold. It's why the industry thrives. The bot issue is because the game is new, and they are anticipating large sales. 

Dear Sir,

I acknowledge your opinion as such but refuse to accept it. Frankly, I do not believe your solution should begin with the playerbase OR shall I say customer base. If my bank is unable to keep criminals from stealing money from it, do I accept this as so and say "Oh it is my fault for putting money in it?" Despite the actions of the playerbase within the block simulator you're currently playing, it is not their responisiblity to place restrictions on what can and can't be done in game, no questions asked. This element begins with game design and that alone. If you think that the solution to the bot issue is for the playerbase to march to the front of the battle, sadly you're mistaken. Should be easy enough to grasp.

I've given up on the possibility of a fix by now. NCSoft attempts to mitigate our frustrations by keeping their cash shop stocked with all the latest shinies for us all to splurge on. It's like if you rented an apartment that had a bad roach problem and your landlord was fully aware of this but didn't bother to mention it until after u signed the lease and got settled in. When you ask the landlord to exterminate the roaches, he offers to wash your car instead. "I may live with roaches but damn my car looks good"

• 2 months later...

Wrong it is your faut!

You are rewarding 3v3 losers.

The bots killed the game. I submitted an account ticket stating i'm not playing anymore because their are too many bots in the PVP Tag Arena. I haven't played since.

The fix for it is easy... Dunno why they don't do it. If it's Arena Tag and you lose. Then you get nothing... zero... ziltch. If it's 1v1 then you can have bots. Give 1 v 1 losers a reward like normal. Non-botters will just step on them, and move up in rank leaving the bots on the bottom that will just be botting each other. Bot v Bot will take longer therefor reduce the desire to bot at all.

Everyone eventually wins at 3v3. Just make the win bonus a little higher to compensate.

Bot problem is now fixed. Source of the problem: you are rewarding losers in 3 v 3 arena.

Can't spell it out any better than that.

Boom! Now that was easy... -.- Do it and I'll come back and you'll keep a lot of players, and your area games will become something great!

Read my post:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/28/ncsoft-blade-souls-bot-issue-fan-requests-next-story-chapters/

Archived