My Acc was hacked some 15 min ago.GM help

Tora1210

Personal opinion:

Don't use Yahoo for gaming accounts. It's garbage. Like, serious garbage. Use a different provider, use a different and more complex password, sign up for two-step verification, and don't use that email for anything other than your game account. Don't use your gaming password for anything except that game's account. Don't use a "common" password (examples: http://gizmodo.com/the-25-most-popular-passwords-of-2015-were-all-such-id-1753591514) Etc. Etc.

And like Hollow3D said, it's going to take a bit for them to get back to you (24-48hours). You're just going to have to wait. :/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ThommiX said:

Yes,its not users fault when the game companies actual servers are hacked and much,much more accounts are stolen at same time.

Few people getting hacked means they did something themselves and its on their end. More examples,using same password,sharing same email on some another game. Say you use same email here and some another game or badly protected site,that one gets hacked and since you had same info in this game,of course this account goes too. Just a few examples how it actually happens.

If they got your password,look for keyloggers and of course make sure that password isn't same anywhere else.

There aren't that many ways of getting your password and we can safely rule out that ncsoft's servers haven't been hacked, so the problem has to be on your end.

Not deliberate, maybe,but still on your end.

What makes you so sure that their servers are safe? They're overrun with bots in-game and we've had several cases of these forums being spammed as well. I'm not sure security is their forté. Also, I don't play any other games that I use this email on.

Also, there aren't keyloggers. As I explained above, I have several layers of protection and nothing has been trigger, even if it got through all of the protection. Additionally, I've had over a decade of online gaming and never had any security issues, save for this game. I think I know how to be safe with my information.

22 hours ago, Tora1210 said:

I was in game and got msg player authentication has been changed.disconnected from server. When i attempt to log in again my password didn't match so i tried to reset it but couldn't .Never got verification email.Tried to log again my email was changed too so i used new acc to write ticket to support dont know how else to contact them.I also got warning msg from my email provider yahoo for Unexpected sign-in attempt from china to my email but email it self was ok intact..i chaged password on email just in case.So idk what to do now cuz by time i get reply from support  all gold nccoins items chars it self could be gone stolen deleted who knows what

Sorry about whats happened to you Tora..

I too got hacked about a month ago. I never visited any sites or clicked on any links.

Not sure how it happened,

My account was compromised, all my dumplings were sold on the market, all my repair tools, and my remaining nccoin was used to buy gen hammers and gifted to another account.

I contacted support on this issue.

It took me 3-4 days working with support to transfer my account to a new email address.

Support answers your correspondence an average of once every 12 hours.

I finally had my account re-opened under a new email and password....but my items have not been replaced.

Im still waiting.

The fact that hacking is prevelent in this game is bad enough...

But after this much discussion between BnS and myself getting my account in order, I should not suffer any wait time to have my items replaced, since BnS was very involved with my account and situation.

Im still at a loss , trying to figure out why replacing my stolen items is taking so long.

Good luck Tora..

Thx for reply Berry from what i know items will not be replaced ever.Why idk..They should be as bank and keep our accounts and property safe..if we robbed its not our fault.That bank in this case ncsoft should reimburse us with what is lost.And we all know they can and its easy for them to do so..check char data base type few codes spawn whats needed and thats it easy..and for them its only virtual items free to get but for us..its so much more.But from what i seen in some rules..we r responsible for our accounts.Funny..we did what we could..username password pin...thats all we can do and ofc to be careful not to give or share info with others.Sadly player is always one that suffers and have loss.

No clue man.. they search and hack emails see whats there  aha u play game i need..and they get busy..how..i will never know but its from china..that i do know for sure cuz i got notification on email for login attempt from china etc etc

1 minute ago, Tora1210 said:

No clue man.. they search and hack emails see whats there  aha u play game i need..and they get busy..how..i will never know but its from china..that i do know for sure cuz i got notification on email for login attempt from china etc etc

Im not sure if this ties in.,.but my steam account was hacked about the same time.

Perhaps they are using steam as a door somehow to get into peoples accounts?

Just now, Lotte said:

I also use the same email for my steam.

I just hope that they can't hack my account. I have my yahoo linked to my phone. :l

I had the same thing...all security linked to my phone.

But I just got a new number and had'nt reset my security...was a tight window for the hackers to get in...but they did it seems.

If everything is stolen and im sure it will be  also same happend to Barry...how to continue game at all?no dumplings no hp pots no repair tools..cant repair weapon unless i do few runs hoping that my weapon will last those few runs and get 2-4 gold to buy few hammers and hgp pots but considering  ppl sell those in bulk of 50 or 100 or more.i have no clue how to continue IF my account is retrieved.

This is weird. The same thing happened to me today. I received an email about account login. unfortunately, I was at work and noway to access blade and soul.. To make the story short, I logged in my account after resetting logon details and all gold and usable items gone.

People need to understand that you can get hacked even if you don't go to any of the phishing sites.  If a software/program on your pc or is part of another software gets compromised then that can act as a door to everything else on your system.  Also realistically if someone wants to hack you and are determined, then you will be hacked its not a matter of IF but WHEN.  Another note is that YOU might do everything you can do avoid being hacked, but what about the services that you use, aka NCsoft published games.  NCsoft might have been compromised and not even know it or are doing a cover-up which is common practice in the tech industry.  Wouldn't be surprised if someone is using the many holes within gamegaurd...

A few days ago, login .aiononline .com was being targetted by hackers, i think some of the people that logged into the forums that day got hacked a few days later as a result

On 3/9/2016 at 6:39 PM, Kaliga said:

*First, NCsoft or any games out there won't sent you email and ask you to change your password or email. The hacker use the URL address look like a legit one but one you click in the link it will ask you fill out your OLD or CURRENT password...there you go...you're are giving them the authority to access your account.

*Second, only go to NCsoft website to change, update your account from their website.

*Third, be casual pay a visit to NCsoft website and log in to your account to make sure everything alright.

did you even read what the topic starter even said? he was playing the game and got a popup message about authentication failuire and was disconnected from the game, followed by acct info changed by a hacker

2 hours ago, Tora1210 said:

Jeinardako did u send ticket to support about it and if u did what did they say?

I posted a ticket as soon as I found out I was hacked. Still no reply until now. 

There is a weird thing though. when I logged in my account in forums. I got a notification and a private message from a gold seller. And a heap bunch of account names tagged in as well.

2 hours ago, Luffs said:

A few days ago, login .aiononline .com was being targetted by hackers, i think some of the people that logged into the forums that day got hacked a few days later as a result

did you even read what the topic starter even said? he was playing the game and got a popup message about authentication failuire and was disconnected from the game, followed by acct info changed by a hacker

5 days ago there was a couple threads about the aion login servers getting a strange redirect when attempting to log into the forums. It showed up for me too when I tried to login, and I ended up waiting until yesterday to try logging into the forums again.

this is what showed on chrome for me attempting to login
I didn't click proceed, but screenshotted it and emailed ncsoft support about it immediately.
8c71482cad.png

Basically, when we login to the forums, our login data is sent to each of the login servers for the different games.

IF the aion login server data was being redirected by hackers, than anyone who logged into the forums during that time would have had their account name (email address), and passwords leaked to them. They could then login to the account via the website, and if anyone used the same password for their email as they used for their game account, then they'd be shit out of luck.

I'd normally think that the chances of it actually being hackers would be pretty slim... but with the recent threads of people saying they got hacked and the similarities that connect them... it actually seems like the aion login server really may have been compromised.

I was playing a moment ago and suddenly got a mess "The account has been logged in from another location" and my client was automatically shut down. Now I tried to log in but my PIN is no longer working.

8 minutes ago, Elfae said:

I was playing a moment ago and suddenly got a mess "The account has been logged in from another location" and my client was automatically shut down. Now I tried to log in but my PIN is no longer working.

You should try to reset and login your account as soon as possible so you can at least try to save some of your gold and items. otherwise you would end up like us

1 minute ago, jeinardako said:

You should try to reset and login your account as soon as possible so you can at least try to save some of your gold and items. otherwise you would end up like us

I just checked Authorized Locations and there was indeed someone else who logged in from another location. I tried to change the PIN, but it's not working.

This game SECURITY is a JOKE. 

Also the security of  yahoo email is a joke, try gmail  with  phone password.

=================================

And now to tell you why NCsoft security is sh*t:

• If hacker gets into your email it can:
    • Reset passwod
    • Reset pin 
    • Change email 

That is why hackers breach email accounts,  because that is the weakspot  of this game security, yeas those security wall are good if they didn't hack your email.

I got hacked when I reached lvl 45, they took everything soulstones, gold, fast repair hammers, hammers, unseal charm, keys...  everything  tradabale and valuable, how they did it?  well they hacked my email, and   before you go full retard,  just so you know that email is only for mmo games  never used beside registering to the games I play ( Like Tera, Vindictus, Warframe  and so on )  never got my email hacked until I started playing Blade&Soul,  NEVER GOT HACKED UNTIL B&S,  there is a weak point  somewhere  in their login database, I am sure they cracked it somehow  and the passwords they can decrypt  they try them on associated emails  and if it works then  bam  they  have access to everything.

So another security lesson don't use the same password   or variation of the same password   both for email and game, because if they got into the game login database  it's just a matter of sha1 md5 decrypt until  you get your email hacke.

well that is what happens when we play chinese/korean games.before this i was also playing  long time few US developed games like esol  swtor warframe not once ever any thing bad hapend never seen any spammer there not once no bots..but aion  bns obviously we play to our own risk

and here reply i got from support

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
It appears that the name on the ""(my email name)"" account was recently changed. Did you update the email for this account? If so, what is the new email that you used?
To assist you further, here's a hint of the email address: p#t##n#b#i#o##gn@yahoo.com
If you did not change the email on the account, please reply to this ticket and let us know.

this was almost 20 hours ago 1 and only reply i got and now waiting and waiting and waiting more...nothing yet.

well ofc i didn't change name of my acc cuz if i did i wouldn't bother  sending  ticket and detailed explanation  that i was hacked and what all hapend also..i wouldn't bother making post on forum and discussion about it now would i?

only here in NC games bad things hapens to players.. amazing .didn't even know what spammer or bot is until i started playing  ncgames

lol (sry for grammar mistakes if any) not my lang :)

Archived