My Acc was hacked some 15 min ago.GM help

Tora1210

I was in game and got msg player authentication has been changed.disconnected from server. When i attempt to log in again my password didn't match so i tried to reset it but couldn't .Never got verification email.Tried to log again my email was changed too so i used new acc to write ticket to support dont know how else to contact them.I also got warning msg from my email provider yahoo for Unexpected sign-in attempt from china to my email but email it self was ok intact..i chaged password on email just in case.So idk what to do now cuz by time i get reply from support  all gold nccoins items chars it self could be gone stolen deleted who knows what

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*First, NCsoft or any games out there won't sent you email and ask you to change your password or email. The hacker use the URL address look like a legit one but one you click in the link it will ask you fill out your OLD or CURRENT password...there you go...you're are giving them the authority to access your account.

*Second, only go to NCsoft website to change, update your account from their website.

*Third, be casual pay a visit to NCsoft website and log in to your account to make sure everything alright.

Kaliga i didnt recieve any email to change my password so i didnt click any links. i went directly to blade and soul website  to try log there but couldnt then i clicked link to reset password but i never got email from support to verify and change that pasword.then i tried again but my email for game was changed also i was totaly locked out of everything.

so now how to contact support and write ticked since i cant log with my info? i made new acc to contact them.WHile IN game i gott his msg and after that  i was dced -> player authentication has been changed.disconnected from server and bit later i found also notification on my email backup ... On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 6:34 AM GMT+8, we noticed a successful sign in to your Yahoo account from an unrecognized device in China. If this was you, you're all set! If this wasn't you and believe someone may have tried to access your account, please change your password and update your account recovery information. so i did change my email password and email it self is ok it works fine.WOrse is i use  same acc for both Aion and BnS and now i cant log Aion either.idk what to do

The EXACT same thing happened to me this morning OP.  

I went to log in, it said incorrect log in information.  I went to retrieve my password and it said my email didnt exist anymore.  Had to make a new account just to submit a ticket.  Its as if my accounts primary email and info was changed.  My friends said no one has logged on my character today but its still there, all of my items look intact but I bet all my gold and items are missing.  Still waiting for NC Soft to respond.  This is outrageous.  Whats the point of these PINs on login if people can hack our account so easily.  NC soft better fix this and then sum to make up for this.  

*Edit* I never bought gold from any site.  Apparently buying gold has nothing to do with this.  

I did not bought any gold or anything from anywhere i always 100% strictly follow rules and not make mistakes bcos i don't want to and can not afford to be banned so be assured 100% there is no mistake on my side in any way.Using same acc for both Aion and BnS..and im terrified of banns...but..this doesn't look like ban  i would get notification right from support or something  on login attempt there would be msg this acc is banned or whatever etc etc right? this is just weird..player authentication has been changed.disconected from server  password not exist anymore  2-3 min later email is wrong also..and no email verification was sent on me trying to change password.i tried that pw change on other acc im not using...all worked fine instantly..something is fishy here and idk what. Me and Starfox looks like have same problem

Also to add and to say to Starfox ..i just HOPE that this is mistake regarding to  gm post about Information Regarding Suspended Accounts and if it is it can be fixed  hopefully but if it's hack the idk,From what i seen email info can not be changed  trough my acc page just password and pinns and other minor things.THen HOW is my Email nto existing? changed...or whatever it is that happened.we will see.Waiting reply on ticket.

I would submit another ticket. Include all personal information you used to set up account. Bday info original email password and 4 digit code. Also include if any the last 4 digits of your Credit Card if any used on account. If you have the original email you got when you activated the account i would include that also.This will greatly speed up them verifying you are the original owner.

Really,you don't get hacked unless YOU did something. Be it visiting wrong site with using IE or whatever, But you people aren't that important that any chinese hacker would single you out. There's something where they got your ID and email. Malware on your computer,keylogger,whatever.

Not only IF they bought gold off of a 3rd party website. Perhaps somewhere along the line they searched for "Gold Generator" or anything similar to that and downloaded such false thing and ended up implementing a keylogger or something more malicious into their PC without them ever knowing.

3 hours ago, Infamous said:

Tell honestly, did you go to one of the gold seller websites?

1 hour ago, ThommiX said:

Really,you don't get hacked unless YOU did something. Be it visiting wrong site with using IE or whatever, But you people aren't that important that any chinese hacker would single you out. There's something where they got your ID and email. Malware on your computer,keylogger,whatever.

1 hour ago, Temiku said:

Not only IF they bought gold off of a 3rd party website. Perhaps somewhere along the line they searched for "Gold Generator" or anything similar to that and downloaded such false thing and ended up implementing a keylogger or something more malicious into their PC without them ever knowing.

Why do you think most games have two or three step verifications? If you don't use it, then that's on you.  A person doesn't have to do or attempt to do anything wrong to get their account hacked. The only stupid thing they could have possibly done is not protecting their computers. I've gotten my gaming account hacked before in the past and couldn't find out how because I was naive. 

Protect yourself. If your email has a verification system, use it.

4 minutes ago, Takeva said:

Just logged in because this is funny. You all are idiots and/or in denial.

Why do you think most games have two or three step verifications? If you don't use it, then that's on you.  A person doesn't have to do or attempt to do anything wrong to get their account hacked. The only stupid thing they could have possibly done is not protecting their computers. I've gotten my gaming account hacked before in the past and couldn't find out how because I was naive. 

Protect yourself. If your email has a verification system, use it.

Verifications are there to give you extra protection when you mess up and get your id and email to wrong places. Rest of your text just proved what everyone else already said: Its always something the USER has done. Badly protected computer,browser,going to wrong places as already said.

There's nothing naive in it, if you actually understand how hacking is done. If user doesn't protect his computer and gets hacked,then that is what the user did and its his own fault.

It's not always the user's fault. My alt account and my main have both had China verifications and I haven't given out my email or anything to any sketchy sites related to B&S. I have Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. I have my Mozilla immunized with ABP and my IP is even non-static. I've gamed for 10+ years online and never had any kind of hacking even close to this.

Now, I haven't lost my account. My password was changed for one, but I used my email change, but the fact that they got my password is concerning.

16 minutes ago, Akamu said:

It's not always the user's fault. My alt account and my main have both had China verifications and I haven't given out my email or anything to any sketchy sites related to B&S. I have Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. I have my Mozilla immunized with ABP and my IP is even non-static. I've gamed for 10+ years online and never had any kind of hacking even close to this.

Now, I haven't lost my account. My password was changed for one, but I used my email change, but the fact that they got my password is concerning.

Yes,its not users fault when the game companies actual servers are hacked and much,much more accounts are stolen at same time.

Few people getting hacked means they did something themselves and its on their end. More examples,using same password,sharing same email on some another game. Say you use same email here and some another game or badly protected site,that one gets hacked and since you had same info in this game,of course this account goes too. Just a few examples how it actually happens.

If they got your password,look for keyloggers and of course make sure that password isn't same anywhere else.

There aren't that many ways of getting your password and we can safely rule out that ncsoft's servers haven't been hacked, so the problem has to be on your end.

Not deliberate, maybe,but still on your end.

39 minutes ago, ThommiX said:

Verifications are there to give you extra protection when you mess up and get your id and email to wrong places. Rest of your text just proved what everyone else already said: Its always something the USER has done. Badly protected computer,browser,going to wrong places as already said.

There's nothing naive in it, if you actually understand how hacking is done. If user doesn't protect his computer and gets hacked,then that is what the user did and its his own fault.

Gawd. Two-step verification is exta protection against anyone trying to get into your account....

The main purpose of what I wrote was that they don't have to do anything wrong like buying gold or using a shady program to get ahead. I never said it wasn't OPs fault and I called myself naive because I was just getting into computers and gaming at the time. Reread what I wrote.

(Didn't mean to quote the first person. So I'm going to delete that.)

ok i just woke up and to answer some questions.no i never bought any gold from sellers ...i did use all protection i could and that i know of..no mistakes on my side.my acc is used for both aion and Bns  i would never do anything to risk that and expecially for aion cuz got almost 5 years invested in that game and money too.why r ppl asking weird question making assumptions that r wrong?NOT all of us r buyers of gold ot boting or doin anything wrong..same happend 2-3 Y back in aion..Gm checked into it  and fixed  problem i got my acc back. also wasnt sharing password or using same email for anything else..this one was strictly for ncsoft..aion and bns thats it..master account they used to call it back when aion started.no fault on mu side ..im very carefull of my actions and goin straight path ..may be heard to believe for many ppl and haters but its true.honest in life no mistakes and same in game...but haters will still think their evil toughts..nothing can be done about that

1 hour ago, Tora1210 said:

ok i just woke up and to answer some questions.no i never bought any gold from sellers ...i did use all protection i could and that i know of..no mistakes on my side.my acc is used for both aion and Bns  i would never do anything to risk that and expecially for aion cuz got almost 5 years invested in that game and money too.why r ppl asking weird question making assumptions that r wrong?NOT all of us r buyers of gold ot boting or doin anything wrong..same happend 2-3 Y back in aion..Gm checked into it  and fixed  problem i got my acc back. also wasnt sharing password or using same email for anything else..this one was strictly for ncsoft..aion and bns thats it..master account they used to call it back when aion started.no fault on mu side ..im very carefull of my actions and goin straight path ..may be heard to believe for many ppl and haters but its true.honest in life no mistakes and same in game...but haters will still think their evil toughts..nothing can be done about that

Not hating or anything,just stating facts how these things normally happen. Just think a bit,where do they get your password since we know they haven't hacked ncsoft servers? From your end,somewhere. And as i said,it might not be even deliberate on your end,but the problem lies in your end.

This is sad. I feel with you. I would be depressed if i got hacked lol. Even tho.. i have no idea how they are able to hack you if you dont visit fishy sites and use maximum protection for your account. 

At least one thing i can tell you:

- Because of the deletion timer, you wont lose your characters (7 Days if over level 15)

- Hackers are after your gold (and ncoins). Those will be gone. So will al tradeable items. 

- Since they are after valuable stuff.. there shouldnt be a reason to intentionally destroy anything else. I havent ever been hacken, but i cant imagine why they would intentionally *cricket* your account up even more after stealing all the valuabled. 

So your characters will be there 100%, and most likely non-tradeable stuff.. like equip. I cant say for sure of course, but maybe that helps you mentally.. a bit.

16 hours ago, Starfox634 said:

The EXACT same thing happened to me this morning OP.  

I went to log in, it said incorrect log in information.  I went to retrieve my password and it said my email didnt exist anymore.  Had to make a new account just to submit a ticket.  Its as if my accounts primary email and info was changed.  My friends said no one has logged on my character today but its still there, all of my items look intact but I bet all my gold and items are missing.  Still waiting for NC Soft to respond.  This is outrageous.  Whats the point of these PINs on login if people can hack our account so easily.  NC soft better fix this and then sum to make up for this.  

*Edit* I never bought gold from any site.  Apparently buying gold has nothing to do with this.  

is because that i created this post!

Wait a full business day for response, 2 of the weekend.  I have a backup account I just have fun leveling if I get locked out ever, which will help with future events.

I thought foreign IP addresses need email verification?  How is that done is email isn't hacked?

Edit: generally buying gold won't lead to email being hacked.  It's ppl that let that happen

There is topic 1st on line in Gen discussion Information regarding suspended accounts..maybe is that..but if it was about that they would notify when i try to log.acc baned etc etc i have no clue rly..Only place i ever used this email of this acc was on nc website and to login game thats it.As for changing email it self there is no option on my acc page that i could find so i dont get it as ho can hacker change it.Nothing left to do but to do but to wait gm reply.Thx for posts guys feels bit easier to have communication with other players about it :)

Archived