So are those with Premium since launch pretty much shafted?

TigerKFM

With the new recurring subscription (That should've been a thing before launch) What about those who had the 30-365day premium subscriptions since launch?
Are they pretty much *cricket*ed because they trusted you and hoped they would get something for their money?
They can't get the limited premium item unless they buy premium again, screwing them over entirely. (Especially those with a year premium only having to stack another $20 or so on top of what they already paid.)

Not only that, but you guys remove the 30 day premium option from the HM store entirely without warning, only to try and get people to buy the recurring subscription instead.

This is rather shady business practice overall and not a good way to even retain your playerbase, let alone this wasn't even mentioned anywhere except Twitter.
No one would've been notified of these changes at all (It'd be nice if you guys were consistent with notifying your playerbase here as you are on Twitter and other social media.)

I'm sorry, but its been requested CONTINOUSLY through playerbase to make this change, people have demanded uproared and continuously written in to have this changed, as they said it was a rip off due to the fact u couldn't buy the precise amount of NCoins for sub so they were overcharging u each time u put the money in.

its gone DOWN In price, its 7.40 a month! THATS CHEAPER THEN IT WAS!

also 90 day Sub is still on NStore, its not been removed, so no its not now Locked to recurring subscription.

We cant expect, after the uproar that happened NCSoft wouldn't make this change, it hasn't Shafted anyone, unless someones going to tell me they bulked £200 in to hold onto for Sub Payments each month, which would be absolutely Absurd.

they havnt removed peoples Subscriptions, we still have them... I don't understand how we're being shafted.

2 minutes ago, kittenesse said:

7.40? are you stupid? did you check the store? It's 11.75, unless I want to spend 35+ to get 90 days or longer, which I don't. 

says 7:40 for me.

on MY Screen through NCSofts website, on the Store, Subscriptions are 7,49 for 30 days £20.99 for 90 days and 79,99 for 1 year.

I am talking Pounds, Not euros though.

I just ... don't understand the problem, the Subscription u paid for is being upheld, they've not removed it from anyone to force a repurchase.

like why is this such a problem? .. or disliked?... I'm utterly confused in all honesty.

in all honesty, its gotten cheaper, standard games are £9.99, this games over 2 pound cheaper, they've finally implemented it and havnt removed anyones bonus's from previous subscriptions, they havnt Made this subscription any better or provide anything important that the base subscription didn't give you, it just means after ur 30 day sub, go on their website and pay ur money there instead of the NCoins Store,

Like SERIOUSLY, people feel Shafted now?.. wtf its BETTER, to sub to this game I had to wait 12 HOURS FOR MY PAYMENT TO GO THROUGH, like seriously EVERY TRANSACTION made from me takes 12 hours for them to register, I was DREADING resubbing to this game because of that, now they've given me a Instant way into Subscription, with 0 Over-pay and No worries. they havnt shafted anyone.

7 minutes ago, Pmma said:

...but no, now everyone will have to undergo 20 aditional webpages to make sure they won't pay more than one month.

Good job (Hints Sarcasm for the less aware of it)

Lack of 30-days premium in the store wasn't confirmed to be permanent.

EDIT:

Nevermind.

the items awful, the only decent skin they give is on 365 days.

I'm british, so its l;ower for me... but then again isn't other games sub still more expensive in ur currency?.. or have NCSoft messed up british pricing? XD

they should have just left the One time Sub buys in the Store, and given a Renewing Sub via their website, upholding BOTH I don't understand the need to remove it from 1 to have in another, and I don't rly understand why its a problem, but apprantly it is.

Just now, Dray0s said:

the items awful, the only decent skin they give is on 365 days.

I'm british, so its l;ower for me... but then again isn't other games sub still cheaper in ur currency?.. or have NCSoft messed up british pricing? XD

The prices

USD: (30) 11.99 (90) 34.99 (365) 124.99

Pound: (30) 7.49 (90) 20.99 (365) 79.99

Pound converted into USD: (30) 10.65 (90) 29.84 (365) 113.71

1 minute ago, Hire De Lune said:

The prices

Pound: (30) 7.49 (90) 20.99 (365) 79.99

Pound converted into USD: (30) 10.65 (90) 29.84 (365) 113.71

LOOOOLL! they've DONE IT AGAIN

blizzard upheld this for Years, where britan Paid less a Month then anyone else cause they messed up conversion rates!

COME TO BRITAN, worst Weather EVER but dayum is gaming Cheap ;)

Just now, Dray0s said:

blizzard upheld this for Years, where britan Paid less a Month then anyone else cause they messed up conversion rates!

I like rains though. Also, "cheap" is dependent not only on prices, but on the wages as well. You can buy a house with that money in some countries.

Just now, Dray0s said:

More conversions

Used for France / Germany

Euro: (30) 9.49 (90) 27.99 (365) 103.99

Euros converted into USD: (30) 10.44 (90) 30.79 (365) 114.40

and oh dear, this "disappointment" is actually only over the accessory, reading forums, the people who arguing against it are talking about the accessory.. like honestly, really seriously?... "they're forcing me to pay again with the accessory bonus" it looks HORRIFIC, u can buy TONS of different ones! why are people QQing over TINY ASS IRRELEVENT Details. the hilarious thing is, most of these players prolly don't even like and just complaining cause they have a reason. no offense towards the people complaining, I just think some things should rly just be let go, i'd understand if it was a Outfit or something big, but a facial assessory isn't worth aggro.

Same thing happened in GW2s Expansion release, people saying it should be free because they paid for base game  unlike new players,

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I like rains though. Also, "cheap" is dependent not only on prices, but on the wages as well. You can buy a house with that money in some countries.

depends where in England you move, Southern pays well, Northern not so well on most parts.

coul;d be why its lower? maybe they think british don't have the money to pay full price for subscriptions, I don't think that'd be a reason tho, we've been paying £9 Subs for a Long time, and by my estimates, they'd only need to klnock this up too like £8.20, to reach balance. which is still cheaper then any MMO on the market.

its most prolly a mistake, Majority of American companies do this, they forget the GBP exists due to us being the only country in Europe using the GBP, thgey get Euros correct but never the GBP.

I bought the master founder pack for what it had to offer. I bought the 1 year sub for what it had to offer... Not for what its going to offer later on...

You got what you payed for ... I don't see what the big deal is...

Its like buying 2 bottles of pepsi and the next day you see they added a free pepsi glass for a pack of 2 pepsi and you ask the store for your glass.... 

1 minute ago, Dray0s said:

depends where in England you move, Southern pays well, Northern not so well on most parts.

Yeah, but price normalization is quite normal for digital products. 

Steam, for example, sells games for like 1/4 of the price in CIS countries - due to lower incomes - but that makes people more likely to buy them & more profit overall. (you can't trade the games though)

9 minutes ago, Hire De Lune said:

More conversions

Used for France / Germany

Euro: (30) 9.49 (90) 27.99 (365) 103.99

Euros converted into USD: (30) 10.44 (90) 30.79 (365) 114.40

are sales tax included in those? cause it seems like if you include sales tax, the price is about right 

Archived