Jump to content
Forums

Solution For GG error (4049)


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, KingOfHarem said:

Then are you receiving the 4049 error? I show what the error looks like. Essentially GG installs itself but fails to run. By putting in the older version of GG it will fix the issue. Unsurprisingly it seems like it's a problem on Gameguard itself. 

Omg ty so much dude its working :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who got a 4049 GameGuard error after the update here's the solution just download the lastest version of GG from this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/izgmvbkf3kgi61j/GameGuar

Sankyu veeeeerry much bruh!

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

everytime i try to open my game it says the error 4049 i contacted bns multiple times got the same lame reply with the tip do windows key + r then diaxdiag and make it 64 bit did that and it didnt help one bit. then i saw something about gameguard error 4049 which described my error 100% it says to delete it but there is 1 problem with this :) i cant it says its running i openend task manager and indeed gamemon.des is running tried to end it would not let me it legit said i do not have permission to deactivate that, i find this utter ridiculous that a simple games managed to take over 40gb and doesnt want me removing it! i want a solution for this i either want the game 100% removed or be able to play it again without that anoying gameguard 

 

P.S dont even think about sending me a standard reply again in the last 4 emails i kept getting the same reply and im sick of it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I got that same error. I've got my money on that the problem is Gameguard, since other games I've played have had major problems with Norton Antivirus compatibility. Could be a new compatibility issue with McAfee, or not Game Guard at all. I wonder why Gameguard is so problematic if it isn't a compatibility issue. Uninstalling the GG of mayhem didn't really fix the problem either, so who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys on windows 10? 

 

I always get error 4049 when I try to run the game and Cortana is working in the background. Open up Task Manager and look under Background processes. If Cortana is there, then right click Cortana and end click on End task. Cortana will respawn a few times in a matter of seconds, so just keep closing Cortana. When Cortana is tired and stops respawning (Cortana will respawn again later, fyi, but by then, GG won't mind 'cause you'll be in the game) - right click Blade and Soul launcher, click on Run as Administrator, then try to launch the game. If you still get error 4049...then maybe it's another program that's not getting along with GG. 

 

Try: Window's key + R - type in MSCONFIG - Run - Services tab - Click Hide all Microsoft services - Disable All - OK - Restart 

 

Run BnS as admin...now try again. If that doesn't work.....I've no clue. Keep contacting support. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 7, and Windows proved that GameGuard was a problem:

 

Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    GameGuard.des
  Application Version:    2015.10.2.1
 

Guessing we need an updated Game Guard rather than an old one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No solutions on the forums have fixed it so far, and support has given me nothing. I really would love to quit this game if Game Guard isn't replaced, but I still have founders pack items to show off.

 

 

Problem signature: 
Problem Event Name: BEX 
Application Name: GameGuard.des 
Application Version: 2015.10.2.1 
Application Timestamp: 560e11e1 
Fault Module Name: nvinit.dll 
Fault Module Version: 10.18.13.6839 
Fault Module Timestamp: 5750eb94 
Exception Offset: 000066d8 
Exception Code: c0000409 
Exception Data: 00000000 
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 
Locale ID: 1033 
Additional Information 1: 0f04 
Additional Information 2: 0f041a9bf71d4e2cc7d27454942787d6 
Additional Information 3: 7a49 
Additional Information 4: 7a491ba07108ac106a3fd866ab9b5aac

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

No solutions on the forums have fixed it so far, and support has given me nothing. I really would love to quit this game if Game Guard isn't replaced, but I still have founders pack items to show off.

 

 

Problem signature: 
Problem Event Name: BEX 
Application Name: GameGuard.des 
Application Version: 2015.10.2.1 
Application Timestamp: 560e11e1 
Fault Module Name: nvinit.dll 
Fault Module Version: 10.18.13.6839 
Fault Module Timestamp: 5750eb94 
Exception Offset: 000066d8 
Exception Code: c0000409 
Exception Data: 00000000 
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 
Locale ID: 1033 
Additional Information 1: 0f04 
Additional Information 2: 0f041a9bf71d4e2cc7d27454942787d6 
Additional Information 3: 7a49 
Additional Information 4: 7a491ba07108ac106a3fd866ab9b5aac

I just want to point out that after re-installing an older nvidia driver from their site just let me get past it. (version number 362.00, from march first)  I'd also advise turning off any regulation programs (MSI afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.) and reinstalling the gameguard by just deleting its folder and relaunching the game as well.

 

Seems like a problem with gameguard not noticing new nvidia drivers starting from the march 28th driver update onwards, and that's probably because of the GTX 10 series release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EmporerTrump said:

I just want to point out that after re-installing an older nvidia driver from their site just let me get past it. (version number 362.00, from march first)  I'd also advise turning off any regulation programs (MSI afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.) and reinstalling the gameguard by just deleting its folder and relaunching the game as well.

 

Seems like a problem with gameguard not noticing new nvidia drivers starting from the march 28th driver update onwards, and that's probably because of the GTX 10 series release.

What the hell kind of software company doesn't keep up with new programs? Oh, and add Elsword to my list of Game Guard errors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

What the hell kind of software company doesn't keep up with new programs? Oh, and add Elsword to my list of Game Guard errors.

Well this is a big problem, because it means those with GTX 10 series can't play until the gameguard is updated to identify the new nvinit.dll file, although I'm not sure about windows 10 users and GTX 10 cards since my experience at the moment is with Win7.

 

But yeah this has alienated a small amount of people from playing.

Edited by EmporerTrump
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2016 at 2:28 PM, EmporerTrump said:

Well this is a big problem, because it means those with GTX 10 series can't play until the gameguard is updated to identify the new nvinit.dll file, although I'm not sure about windows 10 users and GTX 10 cards since my experience at the moment is with Win7.

 

But yeah this has alienated a small amount of people from playing.

I still can't get past the stupid launcher, and the only solution support has is idiotic... shutting off my Antivirus. Are they seriously suggesting killing off my laptop?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 4:14 PM, Darkwingz said:

I still can't get past the stupid launcher, and the only solution support has is idiotic... shutting off my Antivirus. Are they seriously suggesting killing off my laptop?

If in the error report you are getting nvinit.dll then it's not your Anti-virus by a long shot, support doesn't seem to know what they're talking about at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...