Solution For GG error (4049)

PookyFox

27 minutes ago, KingOfHarem said:

Then are you receiving the 4049 error? I show what the error looks like. Essentially GG installs itself but fails to run. By putting in the older version of GG it will fix the issue. Unsurprisingly it seems like it's a problem on Gameguard itself. 

Omg ty so much dude its working :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

everytime i try to open my game it says the error 4049 i contacted bns multiple times got the same lame reply with the tip do windows key + r then diaxdiag and make it 64 bit did that and it didnt help one bit. then i saw something about gameguard error 4049 which described my error 100% it says to delete it but there is 1 problem with this :) i cant it says its running i openend task manager and indeed gamemon.des is running tried to end it would not let me it legit said i do not have permission to deactivate that, i find this utter ridiculous that a simple games managed to take over 40gb and doesnt want me removing it! i want a solution for this i either want the game 100% removed or be able to play it again without that anoying gameguard 

P.S dont even think about sending me a standard reply again in the last 4 emails i kept getting the same reply and im sick of it!

Oh, I got that same error. I've got my money on that the problem is Gameguard, since other games I've played have had major problems with Norton Antivirus compatibility. Could be a new compatibility issue with McAfee, or not Game Guard at all. I wonder why Gameguard is so problematic if it isn't a compatibility issue. Uninstalling the GG of mayhem didn't really fix the problem either, so who knows?

Are you guys on windows 10? 

I always get error 4049 when I try to run the game and Cortana is working in the background. Open up Task Manager and look under Background processes. If Cortana is there, then right click Cortana and end click on End task. Cortana will respawn a few times in a matter of seconds, so just keep closing Cortana. When Cortana is tired and stops respawning (Cortana will respawn again later, fyi, but by then, GG won't mind 'cause you'll be in the game) - right click Blade and Soul launcher, click on Run as Administrator, then try to launch the game. If you still get error 4049...then maybe it's another program that's not getting along with GG. 

Try: Window's key + R - type in MSCONFIG - Run - Services tab - Click Hide all Microsoft services - Disable All - OK - Restart 

Run BnS as admin...now try again. If that doesn't work.....I've no clue. Keep contacting support. :(

Windows 7, and Windows proved that GameGuard was a problem:

Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    GameGuard.des
  Application Version:    2015.10.2.1

Guessing we need an updated Game Guard rather than an old one?

On 3/8/2016 at 2:39 PM, PookyFox said:

For those who got a 4049 GameGuard error after the update
here's the solution
just download the lastest version of GG from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/izgmvbkf3kgi61j/GameGuard.03.09.zip
and replace it in your game dir

DUDE! This seemed to fix it so far, thanks! Now if I can just get past the patcher....

No solutions on the forums have fixed it so far, and support has given me nothing. I really would love to quit this game if Game Guard isn't replaced, but I still have founders pack items to show off.

Problem signature: 
Problem Event Name: BEX 
Application Name: GameGuard.des 
Application Version: 2015.10.2.1 
Application Timestamp: 560e11e1 
Fault Module Name: nvinit.dll 
Fault Module Version: 10.18.13.6839 
Fault Module Timestamp: 5750eb94 
Exception Offset: 000066d8 
Exception Code: c0000409 
Exception Data: 00000000 
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 
Locale ID: 1033 
Additional Information 1: 0f04 
Additional Information 2: 0f041a9bf71d4e2cc7d27454942787d6 
Additional Information 3: 7a49 
Additional Information 4: 7a491ba07108ac106a3fd866ab9b5aac

3 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

No solutions on the forums have fixed it so far, and support has given me nothing. I really would love to quit this game if Game Guard isn't replaced, but I still have founders pack items to show off.

Problem signature: 
Problem Event Name: BEX 
Application Name: GameGuard.des 
Application Version: 2015.10.2.1 
Application Timestamp: 560e11e1 
Fault Module Name: nvinit.dll 
Fault Module Version: 10.18.13.6839 
Fault Module Timestamp: 5750eb94 
Exception Offset: 000066d8 
Exception Code: c0000409 
Exception Data: 00000000 
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 
Locale ID: 1033 
Additional Information 1: 0f04 
Additional Information 2: 0f041a9bf71d4e2cc7d27454942787d6 
Additional Information 3: 7a49 
Additional Information 4: 7a491ba07108ac106a3fd866ab9b5aac

I just want to point out that after re-installing an older nvidia driver from their site just let me get past it. (version number 362.00, from march first)  I'd also advise turning off any regulation programs (MSI afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.) and reinstalling the gameguard by just deleting its folder and relaunching the game as well.

Seems like a problem with gameguard not noticing new nvidia drivers starting from the march 28th driver update onwards, and that's probably because of the GTX 10 series release.

4 minutes ago, EmporerTrump said:

I just want to point out that after re-installing an older nvidia driver from their site just let me get past it. (version number 362.00, from march first)  I'd also advise turning off any regulation programs (MSI afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.) and reinstalling the gameguard by just deleting its folder and relaunching the game as well.

Seems like a problem with gameguard not noticing new nvidia drivers starting from the march 28th driver update onwards, and that's probably because of the GTX 10 series release.

What the hell kind of software company doesn't keep up with new programs? Oh, and add Elsword to my list of Game Guard errors.

21 hours ago, Darkwingz said:

What the hell kind of software company doesn't keep up with new programs? Oh, and add Elsword to my list of Game Guard errors.

Well this is a big problem, because it means those with GTX 10 series can't play until the gameguard is updated to identify the new nvinit.dll file, although I'm not sure about windows 10 users and GTX 10 cards since my experience at the moment is with Win7.

But yeah this has alienated a small amount of people from playing.

On 7/3/2016 at 2:28 PM, EmporerTrump said:

Well this is a big problem, because it means those with GTX 10 series can't play until the gameguard is updated to identify the new nvinit.dll file, although I'm not sure about windows 10 users and GTX 10 cards since my experience at the moment is with Win7.

But yeah this has alienated a small amount of people from playing.

I still can't get past the stupid launcher, and the only solution support has is idiotic... shutting off my Antivirus. Are they seriously suggesting killing off my laptop?

On 7/8/2016 at 4:14 PM, Darkwingz said:

I still can't get past the stupid launcher, and the only solution support has is idiotic... shutting off my Antivirus. Are they seriously suggesting killing off my laptop?

If in the error report you are getting nvinit.dll then it's not your Anti-virus by a long shot, support doesn't seem to know what they're talking about at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Archived