Solution For GG error (4049)

PookyFox

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was gonna test this game out today after I finish the download but yeah I got the same shit as you guys. I tried whatever this dude said but it aint fixing it. Now I briefly check the forum for other info I can get and kinda notice a post about this game not running for Windows 10 users as well. Any other tips out here to help fix this? I haven't even started playing yet and got a glitch. =/

Edit: Yes it works! Thanks a lot for this. 

They need to seriously consider getting rid of gamegaurd...I have been playing NCsoft games forever, and the 4049 error has been happening for years, but NCsoft either doesn't care enough about the problem to bother fixing it, because its probably not effecting enough people, or they haven't figured it out..wich I would like to think should be highly unlikely, one would think anyways.

3 hours ago, NoJuice4u said:

Looks like GameGuard is trying to update one of its binaries, but it downloads a file that's all nulls.  Below is a wireshark capture of the network traffic.

This GET request seems to be the attempt to download the file.

GET /nProtect/GameGuard/RealServer/npgg9x.npz?npgg9x.des=3104795756 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
User-Agent: npgmup
Host: nprotect.bladeandsoul.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: lang=en-US

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Get the updated file from me and put in the folder and replace your old if you have any.

That should make it read as it's already updated and not give that error.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B742TCNziYFSOXBhbTg1a0VjWnM&usp=sharing&tid=0B742TCNziYFSMmdMVzAxdndkUmc

Then are you receiving the 4049 error? I show what the error looks like. Essentially GG installs itself but fails to run. By putting in the older version of GG it will fix the issue. Unsurprisingly it seems like it's a problem on Gameguard itself. 

Archived