Solution For GG error (4049)

PookyFox

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there everybudy, Its the first time i m commenting in this forum. just entered here to complain about the bug. but thanks to the user that made this post i could play again. i ve nearly uninstalled the game because i tried literally everything. The guy who fixed this deserves some recognition. thanks a lot pal. 

37 minutes ago, Shadowzzl said:

What if it doesn't work for me?,i still get the same 4049 error,what do i do? :(

Is NCSoft aware of this?

Yes ncsotft is working on it 

We are currently aware of this issue concerning GameGuard, however, we do not have an official fix for it yet. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We just have to wait also 

Please keep in mind this workaround is not an approved NCSOFT workaround and if you choose to use the steps posted in the above link that you do so at your own risk.

1 hour ago, Steen said:

Yes ncsotft is working on it

We are currently aware of this issue concerning GameGuard, however, we do not have an official fix for it yet. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

How about they *cricket* off and remove the bullshit gameguard, anyone know it's in the game cuz they get paid to have it in.

1 hour ago, Steen said:

We just have to wait also

Please keep in mind this workaround is not an approved NCSOFT workaround and if you choose to use the steps posted in the above link that you do so at your own risk.

*cricket* that, game is running by noob dev with daily errors and expecting us to wait 2 days everytime for a fix.

Sorry, just so pissed.

NCsoft should give this game to the Russians, their game running way better than bloodlust noobs.

14 minutes ago, WhiteShadez said:

why does it work with everyone but me?:( i did like you said,downloaded it and replaced it in the BnS folder,even deleted the old one,doesnt work :(

Your not the only one. I have not even had a chance to play the game i just installed today and everything i have tried(Including this) has not worked. Gameguard has only gotten worse.

Looks like GameGuard is trying to update one of its binaries, but it downloads a file that's all nulls.  Below is a wireshark capture of the network traffic.

This GET request seems to be the attempt to download the file.

GET /nProtect/GameGuard/RealServer/npgg9x.npz?npgg9x.des=3104795756 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
User-Agent: npgmup
Host: nprotect.bladeandsoul.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: lang=en-US

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Cant believe it actually works, I had searched everywhere, and the weird thing is that i got the problem on sunday, way after the update, without warning and google seemed to provide no solution at all till i found this threat.

I wish they would just stop using GameGuard, bots and hackers know how to go around it, it just gives tech dificulties to the normal users.

Archived