Will there ever be a Soul Stone Alternative?

Dante2k16

Many people like pvp indeed but for the rare few like myself, will there ever be an alternative to farming soulstone's? Which is mandatory to progress. Even though misty is part pve it also forces to you to encounter pvp. And a game shouldn't force pvper's to pve and vice versa!

*Well, technically you don't have to PvP at all to get all PvP quest dailies done.

*You just need to find a channel that own by your faction and get them all done (Because of too many channels in misty wood it does kill the immersion open world PvP for some folks that love PvP).

*You can farming Terrors and BW but the dropping FPS issue so it's might not even worth to try for some folks.

I understand that but like my post says in an area you are forced to pvp e.g. equip faction costume there should be a pve and pvp ONLY alternative! as in not have to fuss about what channel your on or looking over your shoulder all time. Some of us just don't like pvp at all and resent the fact we are semi forced to.

4 hours ago, Dante2k16 said:

I understand that but like my post says in an area you are forced to pvp e.g. equip faction costume there should be a pve and pvp ONLY alternative! as in not have to fuss about what channel your on or looking over your shoulder all time. Some of us just don't like pvp at all and resent the fact we are semi forced to.

I don't like it either, hence why I joined crimson on my server. We have so many people compared to cerulean that I can sit around for hours in pvp uniform and only place I'll get attacked is in newbie areas where they'll quickly realize I'm level 45 and run.  Level 45 HM 5s running because they only have 2 HM5 + mobs vs 1 HM4...

It is why I stopped playing a lot of games. Too much PvP focus and forcing PvP and PvE players to mix.

That is why I liked how older MMOs did things. You had PvP servers and PvE servers. So if you were a PvP player, you could join a PvP server and if you were PvE, there was that option.

Last night I saw someone asking about break through weapon for his weapon and we soon found out that he need the blue weapon from faction NPC in Misty wood. The problem he's facing is he never done any faction quest at all so his rank is like 0 lol so he's being force to rank up (rank 3) if he want to continue progression with his weapon, For some folks that don't like pvp then that's their dead end neither quit the game or struggle level their rank up and if they were joined the weak faction then their change is more frustrating to get it done.

16 minutes ago, CoolGirl said:

Do all the PvE dailies and dungeons, you should make a decent amount of gold doing so and then you can just buy the soulstones from the market.

^ This. i dont even do the faction dailies anymore.i just do dailies for gold,farm some dungeons later if i got time then buy soulstones.

with misty (ignoring the 10 kills, blackwyrm) you can get 16 ss a day

If you do beach dailys, you can get 2 ss per day

that's a total of 18 soul stones per day. At this point most of us have 2 characters at 45 that can do this. so on average without pvp you can net a total of 36 soul stones per day, assuming you either have someone to help trade them between accounts or you are able to mail your other character soul stones.  you need 70 soul stones to get your weapon from true profane to siren. so...2 days of farming? that's not so bad honestly for a grind game.

If you think this is bad, go play monster hunter 4. I spent 10 days hunting the gore magola to get a drop that had less than 5 percent chance to drop from a specific broken body part. in 10 days on blade and soul, you can net 360 + soul stones without pvp. NOW. with pvp... let me show you the numbers.

typically I can get 2000 beans in an hour by intentionally de-ranking and ranking up.  the gold soulstone pouches give you 30 soul stones per pouch.

If you are willing to dedicate 1 hour to pvp, per character a day, you up your soul stone per character to about 62 soul stones.  with 2 characters that's a total of 124 soul stones. 

Getting soulstones is not hard if you know how to play the game. Pve focused players should focus on only doing an hours worth of pvp per character so they can get at least a pouch per day. Trust me. it makes things go faster and is much easier than you think with all the destroyer bots that you can abuse between silver and gold.

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2016 at 1:00 PM, Dante2k16 said:

Many people like pvp indeed but for the rare few like myself, will there ever be an alternative to farming soulstone's? Which is mandatory to progress. Even though misty is part pve it also forces to you to encounter pvp. And a game shouldn't force pvper's to pve and vice versa!

Don't sell yourself short-if you were 'rare few' then the game would have a much bigger population. I just started playing not too long ago and through googling ways to get soulstones (because I couldn't believe the game that did so well at making pvp optional forced it on people out of the blue) I've decided to quit. Good for the folks who enjoy that sort of thing, more power to you.

However this is another player lost and I won't be recommending this to anyone. How could I? I could only speak on the pve and the pve is on the grindy side....but really it's the asinine rng that makes it frustrating, and there's mandatory gank-er pvp later on. I don't know if this is the only zone or mat that requires pvp and I don't care. I don't play games to suffer through things I dislike or to 'work' at something in an utterly contrived manner. You know what's fun to work towards? Mastering your class, learning encounters-that way you actually improve at playing the game.....this is just a necessary stat bonus.

Oh well.

First off:

The design of the game is PVP and PVE to progress, it was this way since the start and will be this way till the end,

Now....soulstones are faction bound, thats the lore of the game hence only obtainable through faction activities.

I am also not too fond of PVP but do find it fun whenever i do it. The only alternative for SS is marketplace.

5 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

A failure of the game's design, putting one at the mercy of the market to progress, rather than being able to do so on their own merit.

Its not a failure in design because that  IS the game design. The game was on purpose made so you have to PVP and PVE to progress, thats not a flaw thats intended.

To be fair all items should be farm-able both in PvP and PvE. Trying to restrict items to one avenue is hurting the game more than it is helping. There are players who enjoy both and will farm all items. However, There are people playing the game that only want PvE and others that only want PvP. To be fair owpvp is a joke and 6v6 became a train wreck over here.

As far as Soulstones go they are the least of the problem. Moonstones are at a far worse mark than Soulstones. Here is why

Soulstones

• Tomb of Exiles daily = 2
  • Beach Outpost = 4 (may be wrong on total but some here)
  • Misty Woods = Up to 18 (depending on Blackwyrm and 10 Crimson Player Kill quests)
  • SSP = Up to 80 if you finish all quests

This means you can get up to 104 Soulstones a day just by dailies. Not including Terror farming or event boxes.

Moonstones

• SSP Chests
  • 6v6 reward option
  • Random event chests.

Moonstones are essentially pure RNG to farm for whereas Soulstones you have a net gain from quests alone.

Lore-wise, it kind of makes sense of limiting Soulstones to mostly faction-related stuff. Still, mechanics-wise, it's plain idiotic. I don't think Moonstones even have the excuse of lore of having limited sources, so it's definitely the worst of the lot. It doesn't stop being any less stupid a design choice because it was intentional. If anything, that makes it MORE stupid.

Both items being tradeable and buyable from Marketplace are their sole saving graces, but it's still not good enough if you ask me. Additional, non-faction/PvP/event sources of them would be real nice to have. It's kinda sucky playing the market is the best/only option for some.

So long as we get an alternative to PvE to getting machismos, stingers, soulshields, and a gazillion other items that is PvE-locked. Seriously, the game designers said everybody needs to do everything. I hate dungeons, but I do the Daily Challenge every day even if it makes me die inside every day, and on the days they have dungeons like Nexus or Lament, I can't complete it. Same for you with the SSP. Some days you will luck out and won't have to defend against the other Faction, some days - well, you won't get all the quests done.

There is no non-PvP way to get soulstones.

• Cowardly gankers will camp at the opposing faction's tent and prey on low level people, usually in groups of 3-5 because they're arena rejects incompetent in fair 1v1 fights
  • SSP is supposed to be the best way to get soulstones, however since most people in this game are immature 6-year olds, they'd rather have a lose-lose scenario where they invade the other faction's SSP channel, causing BOTH factions to be unable to complete any quests and a chain of endless "revenge" wars. If they actually had any common sense to begin with, both factions would stay in their own channel, everyone would be loaded with soulstones and won't have any trouble

And no, there will never be a non-PvP way to get soulstones because NCS likes to make the gameplay experience as frustrating as possible.

Also, you're not in the minority. Most players in this game don't give a f*ck about PvP because it's completely imbalanced.

Archived