You gotta admit it

stevow1

hello! well i just want to say that if you want to get good in this game you need to actually play this game like a second job. why? because logging in for 2 hours everyday wont cut it. with all the dailies you need to do and with pvp + alts its a lot for just netting 15 golds a day when true piret cost a freaking bunch. prob 3-4 hours daily will be needed. o and dont forget that if you went mia for 3 days you will fall so freaking behind lol. 

In all fairness, to get good at <insert anything> you need to spend considerable time on it. And the more time you spend, the faster you get good at <insert anything>.

And, "fall so freaking behind"? Behind what?

P.S. I, for one, am glad that by spending only 2 hours in the game per day you can't achieve everything at the same rate as others.

I feel you, right now I'm still ok since I'm leveling my warlock still, but on my main I was getting pretty bored. If I stop and do the math weapon/accessory upgrades are so far away that I just don't think its worth the time invested.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

as in, you miss out a lot of gold from dailies if you skip 3 days

I agree with Enhance. To hone any skill in whatever you do in life always takes considerable amount of time no matter how much raw talent one possesses. Time has to be spent simulating scenarios, doing sit ups, transposing formulas, learning game of thrones quotes word for word...etc etc. It translate into everything and anything that doesnt take time or effort to learn isn't really worth learning to begin with.

15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

In all fairness, to get good at <insert anything> you need to spend considerable time on it. And the more time you spend, the faster you get good at <insert anything>.

P.S. I, for one, am glad that by spending only 2 hours in the game per day you can't achieve everything at the same rate as others.

and the thing is. this is the only mmo that you need somuch time really. wow, ffxiv you just do your dailies in 2 hours and thats it. unless you raid that takes 5 hours total

Just now, stevow1 said:

and the thing is. this is the only mmo that you need somuch time really. wow, ffxiv you just do your dailies in 2 hours and thats it. unless you raid that takes 5 hours total

Not at all, by far. Most F2P games go P2W route and you need more than 24 hours/day of F2P grind to get on the same level as paying/hardcore players. BnS in particular is one of the least demanding games to run from my experience.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Not at all, by far. Most F2P games go P2W route and you need more than 24 hours/day of F2P grind to get on the same level as paying/hardcore players. BnS in particular is one of the least demanding games to run from my experience.

what do you mean by "least" sorry about my english. if you mean like it has small population and such well imo i think atm blade is the only free mmo with good reputation

Just now, stevow1 said:

what do you mean by "least" sorry about my english. if you mean like it has small population and such well imo i think atm blade is the only free mmo with good reputation

By that I mean that BNS doesn't require much play time to still have decent gear and level and be able to experience all of the content available.

i am a free player as they say, i dont put in a dime because i see others cry about it, in my opion the game is fine, they need to fix the down times :)

as for time spend ingame, i dont have 24/7 to play and i still managed to get 3 chars to 45 just to see which class would fit me in a reasonable time, gear wise i can only say would you really like it if you got everything over night?

i played lineage 2 offi and private their is nothing more boring than beeing done after 1 day.

Just what game out there allows you to experience all content without putting much time in it?

I never played WoW so can't comment there.

I have played FFXI, FFXIV, Tera, Vindictus, Aion - which all of them require you to put time in it to get decent gear.

FFXIV is probably the most theme park of all, just buy weekly cap tomestone gear - but without practice and understanding of mechanics, you will fail at end game still.

Vindictus is probably the worst in that to upgrade the gear, you need cash shop items to protect it from exploding and being lost forever.

Here in BnS - the main thing is the arena PvP (which currently is sadly being overran by bots and hackers) - your gear DOESN'T matter - it get equalized, there is no falling behind.

PvE is just to farm costumes and dress up your waifu

41 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

hello! well i just want to say that if you want to get good in this game you need to actually play this game like a second job. why? because logging in for 2 hours everyday wont cut it. with all the dailies you need to do and with pvp + alts its a lot for just netting 15 golds a day when true piret cost a freaking bunch. prob 3-4 hours daily will be needed. o and dont forget that if you went mia for 3 days you will fall so freaking behind lol. 

Seems you lost track of the purpose of playing.

PLaying a game should be for enjoyment - not a tedious task or a duty.

If you nature of wanting to be among the best, you´re expected to put in effort too. Being among the best, doesn´t come by procrastination and QQ is the trademark of the ones that never gets close to the top, but sits passively in the back and whines about the unfairness. Don´t be like those ~

Anyways, if it gives you any comfort - if being topgeared, maxed level and all archievements done was an easy task - would it even be worth doing?

A part of the appeal of being the best, is the exclusiveness - and there´s nothing exclusive about something everybody can archieve by standard effort.

"To get good in this game [...] you need pirate equip"

Ehrm.. well.. 

I guess you just formulated that sentence a bit weird. To get good, you have to get good. To get good equip, you have to invest time. A lot of time. People who have more time per day will reach the end game gear faster. What's the point of this thread?^^

Other than that.. if you got 2 hours a day you can easily do your faction quests and maybe one or both of the 24 man dungeons which gives you decent gold. On top of that you can craft. You get gold basically by crafting > faction (soulstones) > bsh24 > poh24 > other dungeons like naryu, poh, bsh 6 man / mushin > other dailies.

You dont need to do all of this every day. Hell.. doing bsh and poh 24 got so boring and repetitive after a few days that i havent done them for like a week or more. And still i earn a lot of money. Less than some, more than most i'd say. 

Oh and of course, like always, if ur good with the marked you make like infinite profit xD

It is because you're used to occidental mmos, where all is easy and fast to get. We've already got an easier version of blade & soul to prevent it. It's a corean one (lineage 2 is by far the truest example of it, from what I know). Where do you think "corean farmer" is from? ... :)

58 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

And thats the reason why gold costs as much ncoin as it currently does, that will change tho, when players learn to run mushin fast, make proper parties and obviously get the better gear from lvl 50, which mind you, story is supposed to give you lvl 50 OP gear ( TW example ) which would make ur dailies run in like 30-1hr per char depending on waht u chose to do.

Why is it that everyone wants to reach to the highest real quick.? You don't have to rush, you can still play all content with true profane or awaken siren. 

People don't have to break their legs trying to get to the end right away, just go your own pace and have fun. 

Pvp arena is equalized so you can play it and farm and learn eternally. And yes it takes to to be goof a anything. Efforts and practice rewards perfection. Some people might be lucky some might be unlucky. But we all are progressing each day. 

Tl. Play at your own pace. 

3 hours ago, stevow1 said:

I make 200g a day only spending 2-3 hours a day across all maxed 6 alts from crafting and marketing, idk what you're talking about just to make 16g. 2 24s is already 16g, but I usually skip that.

The problem i see here is that blade and soul actually shows you what you need to gear up. Other games hide this behind walls and walls of dungeons. You first need complete set awesomezor + weapon before you can start at higher dungeons. There you farm complete set extremeawesomezor + weapon before you can start the next dungeons. there you farm the complete evenbetterextremeawesomezor + weapon ok now you are ready to raid etc etc etc.

Although i like that system ALLOT more then what BnS has it's practically the same. The only thing being you can't get "lucky" in this game. Other games sometimes grand you great fortune and give out 2 pieces of your gear in one day if not even more if your luck it with you. Here it's all behind a HUGE wall of farm without variables and thats a bit demotivating.

As someone who has played Vindictus, I can assure you having a progression path set before you where you know that you can farm what you need in a certain time frame (even when it is long) and that shows you partial progress to your goal, is a lot less demotivating than relying on luck.

For those many people going for 50, 100, 150 days without lucky drop anyway.

6 hours ago, VRock said:

This game you only can have 1 main, the others 7 classes are for PvP arena! You don't have time to do all the dailies for the 8 characters unless you don't have real life. 

agreed

that's why i planned to make 7 summoner :)

Archived