Silent player in guild

Dad

And this is why I choose to be a (mostly) solo player, rather than be forced to socialize and make idle chit chat so that people can feel good about themselves. It doesn't hurt me one bit to be clanless. I have been in and out of 9 clans so far, just couldn't find a connection with any of them. So I just left. Give the silent guy some time, he will move one and it will no longer bother you that hes just wasting space.

8 hours ago, Tarask said:

Hey i'm introvert, but still can say HI, yes, bye, thank you... this is not about being shy or introvert... This is just a lack of politeness...

And even if i'm introvert, you're on a game, this remove most of your inhibition...

And it's mostly your clan fault, in my clan this kind of behavior is simply not allowed, what's the point ? a guy come into a clan, doesn't speak at all, doesn't interact with others, and just goes his way solo ? why being in a clan so ? Isn't a clan supposed to make people join to common goals ? to meet, interact and help each others ? If you're clan is just about having max people no matter their behavior, to just do events, let me tell you you're just a tool for others convenience's...

You would do well not to assume anything about anyone else's inhibitions I think.

On topic, if a person is donating and not doing anything wrong why should they be forced to speak simply because it makes others feel good to be acknowledged? Often times I'm too busy to pause and type, as I'm sure most people are that aren't afk in jadestone. If a silent person is not directly harming your guild in anyway, such as causing a bad rep or scamming other players, then there's no reason to make a fuss and claim they have "bad behavior". Just don't, you are not in a place to judge anyone's reasons for not wanting to speak to someone else. 

That being said it's your clans business what they do as it is anyone else's that owns a clan so please stop pointing the finger telling people they are to blame for something that is honestly extremely silly. Why is there even a thread about this to begin with? There's a ton of reasons someone (legit player not bots) might not want to respond to you and you know what? Those reasons are perfectly fine and do not need to be explained to you ever.

5 minutes ago, Denaria said:

You would do well not to assume anything about anyone else's inhibitions I think.

On topic, if a person is donating and not doing anything wrong why should they be forced to speak simply because it makes others feel good to be acknowledged? Often times I'm too busy to pause and type, as I'm sure most people are that aren't afk in jadestone. If a silent person is not directly harming your guild in anyway, such as causing a bad rep or scamming other players, then there's no reason to make a fuss and claim they have "bad behavior". Just don't, you are not in a place to judge anyone's reasons for not wanting to speak to someone else. 

That being said it's your clans business what they do as it is anyone else's that owns a clan so please stop pointing the finger telling people they are to blame for something that is honestly extremely silly. Why is there even a thread about this to begin with? There's a ton of reasons someone (legit player not bots) might not want to respond to you and you know what? Those reasons are perfectly fine and do not need to be explained to you ever.

it's not about babling... it's about saying HI, and BYE.
You could not want to speak, but saying hello, and goodbye, and maybe little answers, is just basic politeness. (you know, something called "education" or "good maneers", that should be learned from 0 to 16~18years old, in which, saying HI, is approximately teached at 3years old... )
Maybe i'm just too old and can't get used to new generations... but this is shocking for me.

2 minutes ago, Tarask said:

it's not about babling... it's about saying HI, and BYE.
You could not want to speak, but saying hello, and goodbye, and maybe little answers, is just basic politeness.

And why do people owe you that? That's what I don't understand. No one owes you anything, especially politeness if they do not wish to. And even then not wanting to speak to a mass of people with "Hi" is not considered rude imo especially in a game that requires both hands to play and offers little time to respond to people without going full afk.

I mean you want your guild members to full stop on a boss fight just to say hi to you it seems. Just leave people alone and let them be themselves. Some talk, some don't. So what? Doesn't mean they owe us any form of explanation for their lack of communication. 

As for why they might be in a clan and contributing via donations but not talking hmm gee I wonder clan crafting couldn't be it could it? Nah couldn't be. Or clan perks maybe? Nah that's going to far.

9 minutes ago, Denaria said:

And why do people owe you that? That's what I don't understand. No one owes you anything, especially politeness if they do not wish to. And even then not wanting to speak to a mass of people with "Hi" is not considered rude imo especially in a game that requires both hands to play and offers little time to respond to people without going full afk.

I mean you want your guild members to full stop on a boss fight just to say hi to you it seems. Just leave people alone and let them be themselves. Some talk, some don't. So what? Doesn't mean they owe us any form of explanation for their lack of communication. 

As for why they might be in a clan and contributing via donations but not talking hmm gee I wonder clan crafting couldn't be it could it? Nah couldn't be. Or clan perks maybe? Nah that's going to far.

You say "hi" when you login, not while a fight, after a long time logged you know ?

So for you politeness is not a basics, you have to owe something to someone to be polite ? i really can't get it... Politeness is basics of any social thing...

I wonder if i ever understand the digital generation...
So, if you meet someone you know, in street, near your house, a neighbor, at work or anything, you just don't answer their "good morning !" and ignore them because you owe them nothing ?

Interesting to see people's perspective on this topic.

As someone like this sometimes, I personally have times where I just have on only my damage log and do my dailies solo. I see no point in asking or waiting on others aside from helping people into a channel for Poharan or Mysterious Man. Sometimes I'm talkative and won't shut up, run 4 man BSH with my clan mates but I need my alone time as well. I'm the same exact way in real life. Extremely polite, nice and won't hesitate to converse or answer questions. I will, however go right back to being quiet after the point is made.

As for the issue at hand, I am not fully certain about the person in question, though. To never say a single word, ever is usually rather odd. Not assuming the player is a bot but there seems to be something more here. Even the most shy and/or introverted individuals will say something to at least one person at some point.

8 minutes ago, Tarask said:

You say "hi" when you login, not while a fight, after a long time logged you know ?

So for you politeness is not a basics, you have to owe something to someone to be polite ? i really can't get it... Politeness is basics of any social thing...

So, if you meet someone you know, in street, near your house, a neighbor, at work or anything, you just don't answer their "good morning !" and ignore them because you owe them nothing ?

While it's understandable that replying with a Hi when it is directed at an individual is standard politeness, the forcibly feeling of it being mandatory can undo the very nature of a greeting in itself. While it may not be the most polite thing to consistently do, it should be within the realm of possibility for another person to consider and be open minded that some players do not wish to communicate often or at all sometimes.

Perhaps you are correct in that the means of the ever-increasing digital/technological age is partially to blame for formality. It's increasingly noticeable that individuals, even in real life, will ignore or not even notice a "Hello" because of a phone conversation or text or some other article that distracts them. However, even if it pains a person to see this, there isn't much we can do to force it on others if it does not fit our liking.

In conclusion, while it is unfortunate, it is "acceptable" by a collective society to be this way sometimes. I still personally try to reply to greetings directed at me, as that is what I'm used to; but if I do not receive a "Hello" or "Goodbye", I tend to think nothing of it now. I presume people are either busy or already logged off or just didn't see something.

C'est la vie.

14 minutes ago, Tarask said:

Correct I would not respond to them because my mental health is more important to me then a someone else satisfaction of getting a response. 

As I have stated people owe you no reason at all for why they do not want to respond to you or even speak. Just let them be and don't make a fuss about it. I don't understand how kicking someone out of a clan for this "fixes" anything especially since you are so worried about being polite. You'd rather remove someone because they won't abide by your rules of speaking, then be a little bit understanding that maybe they simply can't for mental reasons or are scared to death to even try. Don't preach about being polite if you try to impose social rules on others, it's simply ridiculous. 

Correct I would not respond to them because my mental health is more important to me then a someone else satisfaction of getting a response. 

you know that there is psychologists ? and i'm not one, if you are not suitable to social situation, don't go into it and expect people to be more comprehensive than you are.
I have a character in no clan, to play when i want to be solo and don't speak.

Just now, Tarask said:

you know that there is psychologists ? and i'm not one, if you are not suitable to social situation, don't go into it and expect people to be more comprehensive than you are.
I have a character in no clan, to play when i want to be solo and don't speak.

And there you go, any valid point you tried to make about being polite is now gone out the window with that passive aggressive statement regarding mental health. There's no point in responding to you after that, so good day to you and I hope you find a better mind set then what you currently have.

14 hours ago, Enamour said:

While it's understandable that replying with a Hi when it is directed at an individual is standard politeness, the forcibly feeling of it being mandatory can undo the very nature of a greeting in itself. While it may not be the most polite thing to consistently do, it should be within the realm of possibility for another person to consider and be open minded that some players do not wish to communicate often or at all sometimes.

Perhaps you are correct in that the means of the ever-increasing digital/technological age is partially to blame for formality. It's increasingly noticeable that individuals, even in real life, will ignore or not even notice a "Hello" because of a phone conversation or text or some other article that distracts them. However, even if it pains a person to see this, there isn't much we can do to force it on others if it does not fit our liking.

In conclusion, while it is unfortunate, it is "acceptable" by a collective society to be this way sometimes. I still personally try to reply to greetings directed at me, as that is what I'm used to; but if I do not receive a "Hello" or "Goodbye", I tend to think nothing of it now. I presume people are either busy or already logged off or just didn't see something.

C'est la vie.

Yeah but we are not speaking about communicate often, just about saying HI to your clan mates when you log...
politeness is not a liking, it's basics of social, else we would be wolves (more apes in fact) in forest...
And you are doing already much more than what we are speaking about, so you already are way too much polite lol

15 hours ago, Renesmee said:

I've never understood how someone can be shy over the internet. Doesn't make sense to me. Someone please explain. 

shy person here o/

i normally never chat unless on need to basis. i left a guild because it dwindled down to just me (and that was 2 weeks after game launch). ive come across lots of people that dont talk because it very rarely (for us) leads to a good thing. normally its we are ignored in our statement or more often ridiculed, so its best to usually not say anything really.

for the op, he will eventually talk at some point.you just have to give him time really. 

I am sorry I have not spoken up in guild. It is a long story

22 hours ago, Renesmee said:

I've never understood how someone can be shy over the internet. Doesn't make sense to me. Someone please explain. 

Don't even get me started on that swettie...amirite???!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Emberlynia said:

There are also parent's who allow their children to play with the stipulation they are not allowed to communicate in game with people. He could be shy or could be a young kid not allowed to talk to people in game.

You know, in any other game this would probably be a decent point. However, while not impossible, it's kind of unlikely overprotective parents are going to have their kids playing an M rated game.

11 minutes ago, Kure said:

You know, in any other game this would probably be a decent point. However, while not impossible it's kind of unlikely overprotective parents are going to have their kids playing an M rated game.

If the rules are "No telling where you live or your real name" the kid could just be thinking "stay quiet and play"

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

If the rules are "No telling where you live or your real name" the kid could just be thinking "stay quiet and play"

That kind of misses the point... Possibly you're saying the kid is trying to justify himself by following the letter of the law, a law which for some reason doesn't include "don't play M rated games." If that were the case, why not justify speaking to others?

End point: chances are the guy just doesn't like talking in game, kinda similar to some of the other people who posted in this thread.

Im that exact guy, only I have a Clan where Im solo so I don't get bothered with invites.

I used to be like them, but since Im a solo player, there's no need for me to stay in a Clan, unless you would like to just have me.

6 hours ago, Kure said:

That kind of misses the point... Possibly you're saying the kid is trying to justify himself by following the letter of the law, a law which for some reason doesn't include "don't play M rated games." If that were the case, why not justify speaking to others?

End point: chances are the guy just doesn't like talking in game, kinda similar to some of the other people who posted in this thread.

Oh, it was all just thrown out guesses.  :p  Player could just not want to talk, could be the player is used to TS and not typing chat.

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived