Silent player in guild

Dad

So it's this dood i'n my guild i'v had for least 3 weeks, very active (more than others for sure) always doing...well shoot idk I randomly bumped into him while doing daily cross server and while leveling in the desert. He never talks even when I see him it's like the doods a dang robot but hes not hes just on the move tell he gets bored and goes off. Can't get him to even say HI.

Any one else have guildies like this?

19 minutes ago, Dad said:

So it's this dood i'n my guild i'v had for least 3 weeks, very active (more than others for sure) always doing...well shoot idk I randomly bumped into him while doing daily cross server and while leveling in the desert. He never talks even when I see him it's like the doods a dang robot but hes not hes just on the move tell he gets bored and goes off. Can't get him to even say HI.

I have some as well. Maybe it's some kind of personality 

Did his name look like someone smashed their face on the keyboard and hoped the letters would form something pronouncable in the human tongue? Because if so, he might be a bot, otherwise there are just players (I myself to an extent) that just prefer to go on daily grinds in peace and quiet. 

No hes a normal player he even use a alt code. Tho I will say this, when I was in a party when i'v randomly bumped into him I pmed him that I was leaving due to the AFK summoner or just walked in the portal and did nothing and we had a gon bot and he still said nothing while I left. I don't even know if he cleared it or not.

42 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Either he is shy or he likes to be alone n not talk much.

I like play my game whithout talk to much

I've never understood how someone can be shy over the internet. Doesn't make sense to me. Someone please explain. 

1 hour ago, Dad said:

This actually reminds me of the time *I* was mistaken for a bot in WoW.  During WoW classic i had a level 47 dwarf hunter.  I was realllllly noobish so i didnt have gold not even for the slow ground mount and i didnt have all my skills trained.  For some reason i was afraid of the auction house cause i thought i would get scammed by other players.  So to make gold i would go to Tanaris right outside of Gadgetzan and kills beasts and skin them for leather.  Then i would use the leather to craft leather armor and then i would vendor that for silver (like i said i was a noob lol).  So naturally that took a lot of time and since i had a lot of spare time IRL i was out there a lot. I was out there so much that i got a random whisper one day where someone asked me if i was Chinese.  This was before i knew what a Chinese Gold Farmer/CGF was so i didnt know what they meant.  So i whispered them back and asked them "whats that supposed to mean?!" but of course i didnt get a reply back hehe.  I guess they were expecting a whisper saying "NI HAO!!! you give food buff? you want picture of sex leg?" or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Renesmee said:

I've never understood how someone can be shy over the internet. Doesn't make sense to me. Someone please explain. 

http://twentytwowords.com/a-simple-explanation-of-how-to-interact-with-introverts/

Cartoon i saw a long time ago that might be an explanation. Unless of course there is another cause for the persons shyness.  But for me the cartoon is somewhat accurate.  Talking to someone or even typing to someone when i dont really want to can be a bit tiring.  Not tiring as in i'm tired of your shit and i dont wanna hear it...just having to talk to someone sucks the energy out of me.

16 minutes ago, Renesmee said:

Well i mean its his type to not be very chatty.

Recently i left my clan cause i didnt want to do dragons n pve at some specific times that clan had n i only wanted to do arena all day...i feel so nice that im solo n i dont talk much in ts.

What im trying to say is that some ppl like to be this way n not talk.

He could be playing with a controller (A steam controller works so so with the game, not completely terrible for the 5 minutes i tried it for) and therefore not bothering with typing (or have the keyboard anywhere near).

I'm silent type player as well. Though if i spotted my friend (I mean someone in my friend list and not IRL) I will at least say hi. It's just i wont talk/type much unless its necessary or just lets say someone asked/greet me or something like that. I dont even talk in clan or Guild chat . Though never had join any guild yet. Maybe will join 1 but not static 1. I'm just likes to do what i want to do without tied to anything.

3 hours ago, Renesmee said:

As long as someone can be identified by something as an individual (unique nickname) yeah, they can be shy. They can be afraid of being judged (social anxiety).

E.G: "They're gonna think I'm stupid if I say that", "They're gonna call me a noob", etc. Some people is very sensitive to this stuffs.

I would ask him directly. When I still played lineage 2 some of my clan mates though that my character was my friend dualboxing lol

We partied for hours and I didn't say a word most of the time. But it isn't like I could type, I was the healer... maybe they though they were still alive by divine grace lol

They payed less attention than me, that for sure, and played worst. They never had the guts to try and talk to me and always talked behind my back... that's not cool :c

Well, it's one thing if you just don't talk, but I don't think it's introversy that makes you completely ignore "Hi, <your name>!" messages in chat after joining your guild (which I assume is what's happening here)

Hey i'm introvert, but still can say HI, yes, bye, thank you... this is not about being shy or introvert... This is just a lack of politeness...

And even if i'm introvert, you're on a game, this remove most of your inhibition...

And it's mostly your clan fault, in my clan this kind of behavior is simply not allowed, what's the point ? a guy come into a clan, doesn't speak at all, doesn't interact with others, and just goes his way solo ? why being in a clan so ? Isn't a clan supposed to make people join to common goals ? to meet, interact and help each others ? If you're clan is just about having max people no matter their behavior, to just do events, let me tell you you're just a tool for others convenience's...

Potentially they could also maybe not see the messages or be foreign. Possibly faction chats etc are instanced and they've not blocked the bots and chat scrolls fast. Sometimes people can take short afk breaks, I like to alt+tab every now and then. Lastly the may not know how to type in guild chat or whisper. Otherwise I have no clue :D. I can be quite shy too, but it's always good manners to reply back.

I have social anxiety and yes, it's hard to even chat in this game. I rarely chat, but I will answer to pm's because I'm afraid what the other person will think if I don't answer. The person you're talking about either is really shy, or doesn't look at chat. Some people turn chat off to focus on the game as well.

7 hours ago, Tarask said:

Hey i'm introvert, but still can say HI, yes, bye, thank you... this is not about being shy or introvert... This is just a lack of politeness...

And even if i'm introvert, you're on a game, this remove most of your inhibition...

And it's mostly your clan fault, in my clan this kind of behavior is simply not allowed, what's the point ? a guy come into a clan, doesn't speak at all, doesn't interact with others, and just goes his way solo ? why being in a clan so ? Isn't a clan supposed to make people join to common goals ? to meet, interact and help each others ? If you're clan is just about having max people no matter their behavior, to just do events, let me tell you you're just a tool for others convenience's...

What's up with that lousy attitude? Don' trashtalk about clans, their members and their reasons when you (based on your attitude) have no clue about it. Who are you that makes you entitled to act in such a  dismissive way? And why do you care in such a foul manner?

Have i talked about a particular clan ? can you tell me how and where i've got a lousy and dismissive attitude ?

Clan isn't it to join people ? so if you just play solo and don't intereact at all, why joining people ? you are doing solo in a non-solo system...

And i just asked question, as you can see i use "?" it's not trashtalk, it's questionning, so instead of being lousy and dismissive to me, why don't you simply answer to what i have no clue of ?

Are you feeling personally targeted for you to be so agressive and negative ?

I just asked question and gave my opinion, you are free to argue and explain, but what you've done here add nothing.

Archived