390 ap with 1200 piercing and 1600 crit damage vs 460 ap with 500 piercing and 1200 crit damage

Justsomeone

6 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

who you will take for lab?

Depends on class and player skill... honestly anything above 360ap will do fine in lab4 , if they know what they are doing that is, running into teammates with bomb on 2nd boss then give him 1000ap , u will still fail XD

12 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

460ap because to me it just looks sexier.

Also don't forget Crit Rate is way more important than Piercing and Crit Damage

look sexier or too hard to do the math? but lets say they have the same crit rate.

btw crit rate is no way more important than piercing and crit damage they are at the same tier

Yes its too much of a chore to do the math, I'm playing a game not sitting in math class.

90% of people checking someone's stats first looks at their AP then their Crit Rate. Sometimes they just look at the AP.

15 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

Yes its too much of a chore to do the math, I'm playing a game not sitting in math class.

90% of people checking someone's stats first looks at their AP then their Crit Rate. Sometimes they just look at the AP.

so you are judging people with numbers but you can't do math?

Isn't there some sort of cap for pierce? How much of it is really needed for Labyrinth anyway? Assuming equal crit rate (as well as skill and knowledge of the stage), but without knowing the caps of pierce and crit dmg and/or the values where they begin to give diminishing returns both in general and for Labyrinth in particular, I can't really do the math accurately enough to choose well. Both seem good enough to me, but I'd be tempted to go with the 460 AP one if I really had to choose.

21 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Isn't there some sort of cap for pierce? How much of it is really needed for Labyrinth anyway? Assuming equal crit rate (as well as skill and knowledge of the stage), but without knowing the caps of pierce and crit dmg and/or the values where they begin to give diminishing returns both in general and for Labyrinth in particular, I can't really do the math accurately enough to choose well. Both seem good enough to me, but I'd be tempted to go with the 460 AP one if I really had to choose.

Well i think the cap for pierce would be how much it takes to reducing your opponent's defense to 0. So this whole calculation is actually impossible, since the effectiveness of pierce is based on opponent defense, effective of crit damage is dependant on crit rate. Attack power is just a flat multiplier. At 0% crit rate, attack power will still increase your damage, while crit damage does nothing at all since you are not critting.

460 AP one.

Pierce is mostly useless past 10% defense piercing (which is what.. 450 pierce?). 1200 pierce is just plain stupid and pointless.

Crit damage.. 1200 vs 1600. You get what, a 15% crit dmg difference? I have 209.73% at 1371, my friend has 216.22% at 1524...

Now, 390 to 460 AP. That's nearly +20% AP.  (70 increase on 390. That's 18% increase).

You talk about math, but you seem to fail at it... You might want to take a shot at it again.

Just now, Myleina said:

460 AP one.

Pierce is mostly useless past 10% defense piercing (which is what.. 450 pierce?). 1200 pierce is just plain stupid and pointless.

Crit damage.. 1200 vs 1600. You get what, a 15% crit dmg difference? I have 209.73% at 1371, my friend has 216.22% at 1524...

Now, 390 to 460 AP. That's nearly +20% AP.  (70 increase on 390. That's 18% increase).

You talk about math, but you seem to fail at it... You might want to take a shot at it again.

sorry but you are the one failing at it, some bosses have way more than 10% def  especially at lab but it's true that normal mobs have 10% only at max.

the crit damage diff is almost 20% of damage  at 1200vs1600 but it's 20% of increased damage after all the calculation.

it's true that 390 to 460 ap is almost 18% increase but isn't 18% increase of your damage lmao.

lets make approximation it's not the real calculation but this will work as a example:

lets say that someone multiplier is 9 for his skills

so the guy with 390 ap will hit for 3510

and the guy with 460 ap will hit for 4140

now we take the piercing in the calculation the guy with 500 piercing will receive a penalty of -10% damage because of his low piercing and the defense of the bosses, while the guy with 1200 piercing will ignore all his defense

so the guy with 390 will hit for 3510 while the guy with 460 ap will hit for 3726

now we take the critical damage it's like 20% of damage so the guy with 1600 multipler will have a 2.2 multiplier while the guy with 1200 will have a 2 multiplier

so in the end the guy with 390 ap will hit for 7722 with crits and the guy with 460 ap will hit for 7452 with crits.

in the end they will hit almost the same, just proving that a ap requirement is not everything for damage only if you don't do crits.

26 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

sorry but you are the one failing at it, some bosses have way more than 10% def  especially at lab but it's true that normal mobs have 10% only at max.

the crit damage diff is almost 20% of damage  at 1200vs1600 but it's 20% of increased damage after all the calculation.

it's true that 390 to 460 ap is almost 18% increase but isn't 18% increase of your damage lmao.

lets make approximation it's not the real calculation but this will work as a example:

lets say that someone multiplier is 9 for his skills

so the guy with 390 ap will hit for 3510

and the guy with 460 ap will hit for 4140

now we take the piercing in the calculation the guy with 500 piercing will receive a penalty of -10% damage because of his low piercing and the defense of the bosses, while the guy with 1200 piercing will ignore all his defense

so the guy with 390 will hit for 3510 while the guy with 460 ap will hit for 3726

now we take the critical damage it's like 20% of damage so the guy with 1600 multipler will have a 2.2 multiplier while the guy with 1200 will have a 2 multiplier

so in the end the guy with 390 ap will hit for 7722 with crits and the guy with 460 ap will hit for 7452 with crits.

in the end they will hit almost the same, just proving that a ap requirement is not everything for damage only if you don't do crits.

The thing is. This is NA/EU, not Asia. Nobody cares about doing that much maths. They look at sheer numbers and that's all.. 460 ap is much higher than 390? ggwp takes 460 he obviously knows every mechanics and will never die.

As for the 10% thing. The only bosses that matters do not have much defense, so that's still pointless to have too much piercing.

Having 220% Crit Damage doesnt mean you do 20% more dmg than the other guy, you dont crit 100% of the time.  If both player have 50% crit, that's 10% more damage overall.

Get used to it. Upgrade your gear toward more Attack power... That's all NA/EU player care about.. because attack power dictates your skill/experience. /s

Edit:

Here are probable numbers for Laby bosses. (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/48xtc9/pierce_guide/ )

• Minou (First boss) - 0%, although his shield buff will grant him 30%
  • Ido - 5 - 6%
  • Raijin, Fujin - 11.5%

*crickets*

Personally depends on the class and how they play more than blind AP . 

But as mentioned in one of the posts, AP is given in a big badass number at the top of the profile whereas we have to scroll down and squint to view the crit rate, piercing etc. Since no one wants to spend one day searching the stats for all the players in the group, the higher chances are in favor of the 460 AP individual

Archived