Seriously, just WTF is wrong with destroyers?

Sam151

I used to hate destroyers either due to being nooby or going against good ones (and probably less bots). I hate being perma controlled by any class as a FM, but learned that dash into ice sheath seems to be a good opener while trying to burn and meteor shower them (preferably when they've used up their shield) while using dashes to gain a little more edge. I really hate assassins though. Though I suppose staying with my pve build especially doesn't help in that regard. It would kind of be nice if we could freely go in a training room to practice other characters since I feel that gives a bigger insight to learning other classes. I saw a destroyer qq about assassins in faction chat earlier though claiming that it was literally impossible to kill a certain type of assassin. I did make a destroyer but I'm not sure I'll level it up. Too many things to level up and not enough time :c

21 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Not really. There's not really a lot of strategy in "Whoever gets the first hit gets to do a 15 second combo". It'd be more interesting if they just made the first hit automatically do 50% of your health and removed all CCs if that's what they wanted.

If I want strategy, I'd be playing a RTS game.

Mmmk. But do remain here on the forums tho.

As a summoner, destroyers is a hard matchup. Leaves very little room for mistakes and extremely hard to cc them.

Basically you have to get really good at positioning, reaction and conserving your skills for escaping spinlocks, stunlocks and graplocks rather than attack.

Numerous matches where I felt I played much better than the destroyer and lost due to a stun followed up by a ani-cancel combo and redspin with no room for escape at all.

Even 5 iframes just vanishes in 1 second due to spin. - Not impossible matchup though.

Overall, I´d like too see spins having longer cooldowns and in OWPVP reduce their dmg to about 50%. If they nerf destroyers with that, they should at the give a smaller boost in hp - afterall destroyers in my oppinion should have more tankability - on par with KFM and BMs.

I've played with my sin to plat and destroyers are my favorite match-up, pretty much win 100% of the time.

All you have to do is sit in stealth and wait their spins out. You can also time your boltstrike to hit when their spin runs out. You can body swap them in their spin and stun them after shadow dash, Q the inevitable tab to restealth, land the throwing dagger and wait for spin downtime to daze into knockup and go ham.

You just need to maximize on their trinket downtimes, that's all. They're really easy to beat if you know what you're doing. My advice is just look up some guides about sin pvp and keep on playing.

And if you're trying to RMB+F them, you're doing it wrong.

21 hours ago, Sam151 said:

Unlimited stun breaks, they can hit basic attack even behind them, their spins range is longer than the visual animation, enormous damage boost ability, and every annoying thing this game needs... Just how the hell are u suppose to face that in pvp i dont understand... And as u people probably can tell i play Sin, and i... just... cant... I feel my heart is gonna *cricket*ing burst everytime i lose against a destroyer, i cant do jack shit... they just drain out ur focus and ur left with either trying to get close to them to regain it and/or getting shit over. The only match ups i managed to win are against some bad destroyers, otherwise 0% chance. Like wth am i suppose to do to actually win (Have a chance more rightly said) in this match up? i tried kiting many times, still cant figure it out :(

Are you for real?

I am an Assassin myself and I have yet to lose a game vs a Destroyer.

You start with stealth, he starts to spin. LET HIM SPIN! It's okay, he will run out of focus pretty fast. Make sure to mark him with X, while he spins and you are stealthed, you will need it later. Run to the opposite side of the arena and wait for your stealth to run out, then place your V and wait for him to stop spinning. He starts running towards you and that's when you strike. Hit X to daze him, knock him up with TAB, LMB, TAB to web, X to regain focus and heal yourself, 4 to poison him and immediately follow with LMB to finish your air combo, RMB and TAB him immediately to get back to your stealth. Mark him with X, while you run to the opposite side of the arena again. Rince and repeat.

Mistakes can be made:

He resists your mark with X: Instead of teleporting to him as he runs towards you, make sure to use decoy at his jump distance. If he jumps into your decoy, you win.

He grabs you: DO NOT USE TAB NOW! He doesn't deal more damage than you do while you are grabbed! Wait for him to knock you down, that's when he starts his animation canceling and deals his damage. That's what you want to TAB out of!

He stuns you: That's where your V comes in handy. Press V, break free from stun. Easy.

Destro players are fine. Destro bots with lock on and speed hacks are very difficult as a Sin because they constantly track to you and can hit you in instances that they should stay stunned, as well as hitting you from stealth when a real player would likely be unable to. Sins only have good damage output when they can utilize their combo from stealth, and they have limited defenses. Again, against real players it's a matter of still. Against destro bots it's a matter of having very little you can do outside of melee to stack damage and having issues coping with bots who can break every stun you put down, always face you negating your stealth, and who can grab and knock down at almost any time when you have one and only one escape.

There's nothing fun about facing the bots and except when they're badly coded the fights are always tedious.

20 hours ago, Brainy said:

An assassin crying about destroyers. Priceless.

Do you even realise that sin on this patch has 1 just 1 favorable matchup and that is KFM , and 1 just 1 50-50 which is BM, sin is at a disatvantage vs all other classes in the game. As sin you have to work your ass off for a combo and do like what? 50% hp dmg and you get caught once, just once and you can say bye bye to your hp bar you complain about stealth but what do you want sin to do? to come to you unstealthed and start hittin you right with all those CC sins got out of stealth, get real brah.

2 minutes ago, PolarisSonata said:

Do you even realise that sin on this patch has 1 just 1 favorable matchup and that is KFM , and 1 just 1 50-50 which is BM, sin is at a disatvantage vs all other classes in the game. As sin you have to work your ass off for a combo and do like what? 50% hp dmg and you get caught once, just once and you can say bye bye to your hp bar you complain about stealth but what do you want sin to do? to come to you unstealthed and start hittin you right with all those CC sins got out of stealth, get real brah.

Sin vs Sin = Same

Sin vs Destroyer = Favoured

Sin vs Summoner = Disfavoured

Sin vs LBM = Slightly Favoured

Sin vs BM = Favoured

Sin Vs FM = Slightly Disfavoured

Sin vs Warlock = Disfavoured

Seems pretty balanced to me.

Just now, Victorion said:

Sin vs Sin = Same

Sin vs Destroyer = Favoured

Sin vs Summoner = Disfavoured

Sin vs LBM = Slightly Favoured

Sin vs BM = Favoured

Sin Vs FM = Slightly Disfavoured

Sin vs Warlock = Disfavoured

Seems pretty balanced to me.

sin vs lbm favoured ? vs distr favoured , what are you smoking bro?

10 minutes ago, PolarisSonata said:

I smoke alot,

I am not talking weed or pot

I smoke the regular stuff.

(K´s Choice lyrics)

Sin is favoured in both those matchups.

I didnt remember KFM. KFM is favoured vs sin though.

10 hours ago, PolarisSonata said:

Sin is most definitely favored against Destro unless you're just a noob who tries to go head to head with them. If you can't beat a Destro then I'm afraid its a learn to play issue. Use your perma stealth and slowly pick them apart.

Archived