Seriously, just WTF is wrong with destroyers?

Sam151

Unlimited stun breaks, they can hit basic attack even behind them, their spins range is longer than the visual animation, enormous damage boost ability, and every annoying thing this game needs... Just how the hell are u suppose to face that in pvp i dont understand... And as u people probably can tell i play Sin, and i... just... cant... I feel my heart is gonna *cricket*ing burst everytime i lose against a destroyer, i cant do jack shit... they just drain out ur focus and ur left with either trying to get close to them to regain it and/or getting shit over. The only match ups i managed to win are against some bad destroyers, otherwise 0% chance. Like wth am i suppose to do to actually win (Have a chance more rightly said) in this match up? i tried kiting many times, still cant figure it out :(

I think its just the class thing. Some are better suited to fight against certain classes. I play as Force Master and destroyers need to perform at 110% just to get close to a good one, not mention a decent one, to even start their combo. On other hand, assassins and kung fu masters, are pretty difficult for a FM. At least for me. There is like literally no room for mistake versus those classes. So i gues, you should just keep on trying and figuring out what skill sets to use vs destroyers. Maybe you will find a certain combination.

they probably should either increase the visual animation for his spin or decrease its range, i keep getting hit even though im miles away, also for some reason they actually manage to break me from stealth while basic attacking in front of them... when im behind them... its driving me nuts

Idk, I kill them easily both with Warlock and Blade Dancer. key is to CC them as much as possible and rain damage on them. Also when they are spinning and there is no flame you can use Choke on it (provided your character has one)

1 hour ago, RustyCircuit said:

I think its just the class thing. Some are better suited to fight against certain classes. I play as Force Master and destroyers need to perform at 110% just to get close to a good one, not mention a decent one, to even start their combo. On other hand, assassins and kung fu masters, are pretty difficult for a FM. At least for me. There is like literally no room for mistake versus those classes. So i gues, you should just keep on trying and figuring out what skill sets to use vs destroyers. Maybe you will find a certain combination.

A certain combination is correct, I have a special skill setup on my destro that I swap to when I'm up against a force master...just a hint....it includes Z key's purple pull :D

1 hour ago, KaLnoX said:

A certain combination is correct, I have a special skill setup on my destro that I swap to when I'm up against a force master...just a hint....it includes Z key's purple pull :D

A good Force Master would wreck a good Destroyer anyday. I hate how these people are complaining about Destroyers being OP when in reality we are one of the weakest class in the higher tiers. The people who are saying Destroyer is spin to win are just idiots that stands still. Seriously anyone thinking a destroyer is spin to win, just make a destroyer and go spin and see how far you go in arena. If you ask me, i think Destroyer needs a buff along with KFM and BM.

1 hour ago, UnitedStrafes said:

LOL destroyers like the bottom barrel in PvP prob worse than Blade Masters.

Thank you, destroyers are only strong in the lower tiers of pvp and many rookie gets scared of them because of their big size.

@FilipeKun Utilize your Z key to pull them towards you, the less distance between you and a FM the quicker their HP melts. Keep the stuns on them as a destro and you win. If they build distance, close it with pull(Z) and stun them up. Then the ultimate troll with Q spin xD

53 minutes ago, TopDollar said:

A good Force Master would wreck a good Destroyer anyday. I hate how these people are complaining about Destroyers being OP when in reality we are one of the weakest class in the higher tiers. The people who are saying Destroyer is spin to win are just idiots that stands still. Seriously anyone thinking a destroyer is spin to win, just make a destroyer and go spin and see how far you go in arena. If you ask me, i think Destroyer needs a buff along with KFM and BM.

Thank you, destroyers are only strong in the lower tiers of pvp and many rookie gets scared of them because of their big size.

KFM has a big learning curve, if the player knows how to handle the class, FM is one of the easiest to deal with for them. The class literally can negate everything FM can dish out and then some. The problem with KFM is that few people play it and even fewer master it. As for destroyers i have seen them wreak havoc on sin, getting them from full HP bar to 1/3 in matter of seconds. The more i play, the more i am convinced its just the class thing. Some are just better at fighting vs certain classes then others.

21 minutes ago, Shukran said:

misty forest, accampment.

2 wild destro appears!

they rush in middle of npcs.

they spin

they clean all npcs +4 players.

oh, you, balance!

That speaks volumes about the skill of the 4 players in question rather than about the destroyer

As for the "visual animations"  that's the case with everything, especially boss attacks.   It may look like you're out of the danger zone, but you'll still get hit if you're not well away from it.

Destroyers are pretty okay once you learn their tricks. I'm more *cricket*ing sick of being pitied against ranged classes as a KFM in arena. Most people just strafe around you knowing how shitty your gap closers are so most of the time you're punching at air like an idiot while they spam your screen with muhgick.

I'm honestly not a big fan of destroyers either. The amount of damage they can output in such a small amount of time without you able to do anything is insane. I've had one 100-0 my cat in a matter of 3 seconds in an arena.

But this game's pvp has the same issue as so many other games. There are so many classes that just have complex combo chains that leave you cc'd for about 15-20 seconds with almost nothing you can possibly do. Stun, damage, knockdown, damage, air thrust, damage, daze, damage, return to start. And while frustrating, it's also sort of boring. I want to do stuff, not be continually cc'd because another player has 50 ms faster ping than I do.

Just now, Meliran said:

I'm honestly not a big fan of destroyers either. The amount of damage they can output in such a small amount of time without you able to do anything is insane. I've had one 100-0 my cat in a matter of 3 seconds in an arena.

But this game's pvp has the same issue as so many other games. There are so many classes that just have complex combo chains that leave you cc'd for about 15-20 seconds with almost nothing you can possibly do. Stun, damage, knockdown, damage, air thrust, damage, daze, damage, return to start. And while frustrating, it's also sort of boring.

Everything is boring to some people when they're on the receiving end. The easiest thing to do about it is to cry. The hardest thing to do about it is to accept it and come up with a strategy.

i got 2 chars one summoner and a FM, and i have a 80% win ratio in arena on both, its not what class is better or not, if i play my best no class has a chance, but if i make a mistake am F....ed, does that mean that class that beats me is OP?  NO it means i lost and i sucked and i have to step up next time, why cry hes OP, hes a bot when 99,99% of the time its ur own fault

watch your opponent, learn from it, act on it    <------ for all the cry babies ;)

23 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Everything is boring to some people when they're on the receiving end. The easiest thing to do about it is to cry. The hardest thing to do about it is to accept it and come up with a strategy.

Not really. There's not really a lot of strategy in "Whoever gets the first hit gets to do a 15 second combo". It'd be more interesting if they just made the first hit automatically do 50% of your health and removed all CCs if that's what they wanted.

If I want strategy, I'd be playing a RTS game.

Archived