Help me decide on a WL

Jishinka

Jin is a right race for warlock, Jin is originally only race have access to warlock.

Lyn is just out of place for Warlock, they are natural Lord base. Look at summoner all their skill are base on nature and even their cat is nature pet. They should rename lyn summoner to beastmaster or tammer and give warlock their rightful name summoner back when this game still in working phase 5 years ago.

Just go with whatever you like most. Personally, I'm a Lyn fan. Also, thought the comment about warlock not fitting Lyn lore needed their proper response. Have some Lyn concept art. There's a bunch more if you look.blade_and_soul_conceptart_g6mYg.jpg

Lyn are spiritually attuned creatures. Who said those spirits were all warm and cuddly?

11 minutes ago, Kure said:

Just go with whatever you like most. Personally, I'm a Lyn fan. Also, thought the comment about warlock not fitting Lyn lore needed their proper response. Have some Lyn concept art. There's a bunch more if you look.

Lyn are spiritually attuned creatures. Who said those spirits were all warm and cuddly?

That may have been the concept, but as of right now with the abundance of Summoners and pre-Unchained class availability, the general view seems to be that Lyns are annoying little shits cute little squirrels using the magic of rainbow, butterflies and kitties to murder enemies with happiness and sunlight. That's why adding a dark sorcerer to their ranks now might seem a bit awkward.

Hey, I saw a gay couple in New Orleans wearing the most interesting costumes. Brother was traumatized. The same day I saw a guy in a nice suit. I'm plenty sure your cute little squirrels got just as much variety as any other race.

If by "general view" you mean "everyone who hates lyn" I think we can discount that opinion thanks to that very abundance of summoners you mentioned and others who play and apparently love the race. As for lore, it fits perfectly with the race's connection to spirits.

Also, hating in general isn't pretty. Is it really right to use such an opinion as a basis for not choosing a race you might have picked?

I like the latter Jin more. I also tried making my WL a female Jin with this hairdo (it looks amazing imo) - but found out that female Jins.. dont really fit into what i want my characters to look like. So i made him a badass male. Dont regret it.

Generally, if you want to play every character you are already forced to have 2 lyns (sum, lbm). So unless you are a lyn lover i'd save my lyn slots for those. Since i personally dont want my characters to be clutteres with to many of the same race .. even tho i got 3 Jins as of now so i might eat my own words lol.

Go for what you like, not for what you believe others like is the best advice i can give you.

24 minutes ago, Kure said:

Hey, I saw a gay couple in New Orleans wearing the most interesting costumes. Brother was traumatized. The same day I saw a guy in a nice suit. I'm plenty sure your cute little squirrels got just as much variety as any other race.

If by "general view" you mean "everyone who hates lyn" I think we can discount that opinion thanks to that very abundance of summoners you mentioned and others who play and apparently love the race. As for lore, it fits perfectly with the race's connection to spirits.

Also, hating in general isn't pretty. Is it really right to use such an opinion as a basis for not choosing a race you might have picked?

I'm not hating, my comic description was a joke - sorry if it offended you. My opinion on Lyn is based on how I see them 99% of the time: little squirrels prancing through grass fields. And that's all there was to it before march the 2nd. I may have a mild dislike to them due to their great overpopulation and everyone and their mother playing Lyn, but that's not the reason I think Warlock Lyn is awkward (of all the race icons, I like theirs the most, if that counts). The reason, for me, is because I'm used to Lyns as they are now - cute and fluffy. Maybe the juxtaposition of a demonic Thrall and a cute ball of fluff is the effect that's being coined here, but I don't find it appealing.

I don't really see where your analogy with gay couples and costumes comes in. I'm guessing you meant that the Lyn are just as diverse as people? I'm not quite sure, but, again, sorry if my joke offended you, don't get your tail in a twist. 

@Enhance: Nice enough response, even if "annoying little shits" is pretty tough to backpedal from. Still think judging a race by its most popular class is kind of narrow minded, but can't fault you or others for the thought. There are at least as many people who are thrilled to have Lyn warlocks though.

You got the analogy in one, possibly without even noticing the part about the man in the suit I saw later that day. Rather impressive actually to get it only seeing half the picture. Guess we can agree to disagree. Who knows? Maybe you'll get used to Lyn warlocks before the hype dies down and they can just be the BnS caster race.

Well... I've been reading around the internet looking for Lyn lore to justify the whole "Does Warlock make sense for Lyns?" debate...

There is not much to go with, but what I could find actually vouches for it to make sense...

There is no mention of "sensitivity to corruption" like IxFa mentioned and the whole " converse with beings from the Spirit Realm " and " unpredictable nature " completely falls in place with Warlock (unlike Yun's background that is whole "nature and beauty and balance and meditation and whatnot").

Lore appart, I also like the look of the Jin character more... The thing is the animations of Jin females seem kind of strange to me for some reason and the whole clipping issue is making me crazy...

Conclusion:

I get over the issues with the animations and clipping of the Jin or I make another Jin and deal with the animations alone (this hair looks great, but the ribbon always inside the character's back is driving me nuts enough to make her wear a hat all the time...)

If I can't even survive the animations, I guess I'll play a third Lyn (at least this is a tall one - the other two I have are tiny).

1 hour ago, Kure said:

@Enhance: Nice enough response, even if "annoying little shits" is pretty tough to backpedal from. Still think judging a race by its most popular class is kind of narrow minded, but can't fault you or others for the thought. There are at least as many people who are thrilled to have Lyn warlocks though.

You got the analogy in one, possibly without even noticing the part about the man in the suit I saw later that day. Rather impressive actually to get it only seeing half the picture. Guess we can agree to disagree. Who knows? Maybe you'll get used to Lyn warlocks before the hype dies down and they can just be the BnS caster race.

Let me get it straight: I'm not backpedaling from it. I stand by it. That was the joke. The phrase being in strikethrough how I tried to convey my (exaggerated!) pent-up frustration with seeing this race, then corrected by realization that they're simply cute little beavers or whatever. Note also the words: "mild dislike to the race due to overpopulation".  You know how sometimes there's a pretty nice song, but you keep hearing it for 3 months straight from everywhere and everyone's fangirling in your face over it and it becomes kind of annoying? That kind of mild dislike. I'm not judging it just based on people liking it - for what it's worth, I really like (most of) their animations and I think they're well-done.

As for the analogy, I did read the part about man in the suit you saw. I read your post in full before replying, but I couldn't really trace the analogy, so I assumed that you tried to point out that my judging of Lyns by the ever-present army of sun-praising summoners doesn't mean there can't be dark demon-calling entities among them. Which may be right, but I don't find that totally "in place" with already established picture of Lyn I have.

And yes, we can agree to disagree. I understand that you, I assume, like the Lyn race the most and are happy to be able to experience new class without parting with it, and over time I'll get used to it and adjust my picture of Lyn accordingly. But for now, I can't help but feel this pairing looks awkward.

No hard feelings, and have a nice day.

There are so many times when people lose their temper on the internet. It's strange to remember that this kind of passive aggressive argument exists to. Of course everything is covered in a nice layer of civility, but all posts contain a handful of interpretable barbs and defenses from any that struck a nerve. Heck, even this could be considered a barb.

I'll leave it plain in the open though. I think we both disagreed with the other and scattered a few sharp points in our conversation. Mine where more hinting at "I think you're lying" while yours were geared towards "You're getting ticked off and over reacting." (Strange how online caring too much about something is so often viewed negatively.)

Despite the annoyance, it was a fun game while it lasted and a nice change from the usual. Enjoy your day as well.

Archived