Dear forum lurkers, posters, readers

Mucski

2 minutes ago, Sokucu said:

First time i see someone crying for others to not cry.

Its not about people should stop crying, but pretty much the same topics, with the same content pop up every 30 minutes, even though pretty much the same is discussed 2 topics bellow. I mean cmon, you cant use the search function and reply in a thread that has that discussion on going already?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. Lag PING whatever!

I have taken the liberty to share this once and here I am going to share/say it again. Windows 10 communicates with Microsoft 24/7 while your PC is on regardless that you are playing or watching a movie, it also shares update files in a torrent like manner across the internet as long as there is internet, it does it. It was discussed and it was one of the main privacy issues in Windows 10. It's simple to disable all of it however the settings are scattered all over the control panel and they are hard to find. However this program helps you with that, and no more ping and lag issues (or at least not for me) https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 - the program doesn't install anything on your computer, it simply points out to you what settings can be disabled to save bandwidth and gain back your privacy.

And the firs thing it wants you to do is download and install. All that for an advertisement?

2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Its not about people should stop crying, but pretty much the same topics, with the same content pop up every 30 minutes, even though pretty much the same is discussed 2 topics bellow. I mean cmon, you cant use the search function and reply in a thread that has that discussion on going already?

Hmmmm maybe just MAYBE this is just a theory of mine mind you that there are several topics on BOTS, AFKs in dungeons, HACKS in arena, and lag issues because it seems NOTHING is being done and if you're playing the game are very real issues that are without a doubt going to kill this game DEAD in a matter of weeks.

Not only is NOTHING being done it would also seem that they don't seem interested in communicating with the community at all???

Again...just a theory.

1 hour ago, Mucski said:

1. Bots in arena, and I quote "they are everywhere".

First of I been in Arena quite a few times, I got a lvl 39 Warlock, a lvl 45 HM 3 blade dancer, over the two characters life time, I only encountered like 10 bots in Arena.I rarely played tag match that's true, but in 1v1 there was like 1 bot for 12 players. The logic here is simple for these guys who keep complaining, they got beaten to pulp, well it must be a bot. On a side not for stupid assassins, your invisiblity is not completely invisible in the bright arena, js. No, it's exactly the opposite, you win to easy, the opponent uses monotonous pre-defined combos and skills, that's when you have a bot.Now i only met around 10 of these so called Destroyer bots, and they are to be laughed at, I could've killed them with just running around and punching them in the face from time to time.

2. Bots EVERYWHERE!

Over the course of leveling up those 2 characters mentioned above, I only saw 1 bot train next to Profane Jiangshi, and today saw one at that blue dragon in hongshed pastures or wth is it called I forgot. I am on Twin Wagons just in case you wonder. There is usually 1 or 2 bots popping up every 2-3 hours in faction chat once silenced they don't come back. How to silence them? Block Spammer button. Same with whispers except I only got 1 today which after blocking it never happened again. Only real issue is the constant frend request which can't be blocked but they are being worked on as the developers have stated on twitter.

4. Lag PING whatever!

I have taken the liberty to share this once and here I am going to share/say it again. Windows 10 communicates with Microsoft 24/7 while your PC is on regardless that you are playing or watching a movie, it also shares update files in a torrent like manner across the internet as long as there is internet, it does it. It was discussed and it was one of the main privacy issues in Windows 10. It's simple to disable all of it however the settings are scattered all over the control panel and they are hard to find. However this program helps you with that, and no more ping and lag issues (or at least not for me) https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 - the program doesn't install anything on your computer, it simply points out to you what settings can be disabled to save bandwidth and gain back your privacy.

5. Bots in Dungeon - i can't play omg cause everyone is afk.

In all those 39 levels of my Warlock I haven't encountered 1 that would have been a bot (used the cross-sever for every dungeon mind you), I did encounter low level alts who yelled at us that he knows the game much better than any of us cause he has a lvl 45 HM 5 main. Not that we care. Frthermore there is a vote kick option, but all of your party members have to vote that member to be kicked out. Not sure if it actually works cause I never seen it in work, but if it's there it may be fixed and workable.

8. FPS drops lags whatever

I think I found the culprit for this, and its the character/NPC names on your display. If you disable them most of the lag and FPS tank should go away - or at least it did for me. This is nowhere a final fix, but until they fix it or optimize it, it should work. Movement lag and fps drops are because slow and fragmented hard drives, use an SSD instead or defragment more frequently.

Just extracted the only ones were you are  wrong and OMFG how clueless can you be... [ also speaking in the name of those "EU servers",  well I don't lag  in any other NCsoft games like I lag  in this one. May I say I don't always have lag only when  is most important  life/death situation when reaction times really matter, or falling off  because game decides to  push you back because Fu*k you player.   Maybe I should use  2 SSD and find some ISP that has  10GB connections because it seems that  1GB connection is not enough for this "EU servers" in Germany, although any other MMO hosted in Germany   have no lag issues, even that pirated playbns is located in Germany  and had no problems with the lag and FPS drops, and when I say FPS drops I mean 1 frame /3 seconds. Also not on W10.

Bots are not everywhere  they are especially more on those servers where player  buy gold from them because   you know supply and demand, more demand more bots needed for supplay, I still see bots on my server especially in arena, rarely in dgs nowadays   but the AFK are like the plague, everywhere  most of them Premium :))  or at least the ones that I met, and the way to make them move is simple: "If you don't move/play I will report you as AFK/Bot"  90%  they start  moving  10% beg not to be reported and find an x excuse, like one was  breaking plates at the dg entrance while the rest were already at the first miniboss, do I report them hell yes.

15 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I have bought platinas countless times that's what kind of premium I have. I have yet to see a procedural map on that game, they are all the same, either straight or reversed, that's not really procedural. Farming Draco and Ceres for a life time to gain ranks which can only be achieved by leveling up weapons (never the same mind you) or frames (which aside the cash shop ones are pretty hard to get, unless you buy up all the prime frames you can and level those up). I have no idea how you survived 3 years of the same repetitive bullshit with their very few game plays which are nowhere new (tower defense, survival, more tower defense and more survival ... and some zombie survival which they re-named to infestation due to legal reasons). I am pretty sure there are/was/will be spammers on their forums that you wont see because their moderation team is active. 

If you did not see procedural map generation in Warframe, then either you do not know what it is or you are blind. No wonder you do not see bots in BnS.

If you farmed Draco for all the ranks, there is no doubt that you found it boring. Because you just used the XP exploit. Something like Ogong here.

The ranks you are talking about are supposed to come from normal playtime, not farming Draco all day. Warframe is one of the very few games that is 99.99% truly free, except the storage space. Just like Prime Warframes are hard to get, in BnS, getting Pirate weapon and accessories is pretty damn grindy. And boring grindy.

No wonder you did not like Warframe, because you could not even name more than 2 mission types. Meanwhile, they have Spy, new modified Sabotage, Exterminate, Excavations and Archwing missions.

But anyway, I am swaying from the point. It is entirely your opinion if you like Warframe as a game or not, but if you are denying the fact that Warframe Forums do not have Korean spam, then you are either being willingly ignorant or just trolling.

Add to the above fact that the Warframe devs actually care for their players. The sheer amount of free stuff and compensations they provide are un-countable. I was actually amazed to see that NCSoft never provided any compensation to premium users for THEIR server problems.

Then, there is the interaction. Warframe devs interact with the community like we are their friends. They listen to suggestions and feedbacks. On the other hand, I barely see any NCSoft official interact with the community.

And you contradicted yourself when you said that Warframe moderators are active while NCSoft moderators are not. This alone shows the lack of interest from NCSoft's side.

35 minutes ago, HeyMe said:

Semantics.  Protip:  Release = Open Beta for a F2P game.

Absolutely not. You just made that up. Warframe devs have officially confirmed on their bi-weekly livestream that the game will come out of OB and have a release.

1 hour ago, Mucski said:

This, has became a very bad community, by display. Every single thread here is something either demanding, crying, threatening, or just simply trolling.

Let me point out a few issues and how you guys exagerate on 99% of the issues currently the game have, and how you demand stuff and try to convince everyone else its the way you say it is!

1. Bots in arena, and I quote "they are everywhere".

First of I been in Arena quite a few times, I got a lvl 39 Warlock, a lvl 45 HM 3 blade dancer, over the two characters life time, I only encountered like 10 bots in Arena.I rarely played tag match that's true, but in 1v1 there was like 1 bot for 12 players. The logic here is simple for these guys who keep complaining, they got beaten to pulp, well it must be a bot. On a side not for stupid assassins, your invisiblity is not completely invisible in the bright arena, js. No, it's exactly the opposite, you win to easy, the opponent uses monotonous pre-defined combos and skills, that's when you have a bot.Now i only met around 10 of these so called Destroyer bots, and they are to be laughed at, I could've killed them with just running around and punching them in the face from time to time.

2. Bots EVERYWHERE!

Over the course of leveling up those 2 characters mentioned above, I only saw 1 bot train next to Profane Jiangshi, and today saw one at that blue dragon in hongshed pastures or wth is it called I forgot. I am on Twin Wagons just in case you wonder. There is usually 1 or 2 bots popping up every 2-3 hours in faction chat once silenced they don't come back. How to silence them? Block Spammer button. Same with whispers except I only got 1 today which after blocking it never happened again. Only real issue is the constant frend request which can't be blocked but they are being worked on as the developers have stated on twitter.

3. Hackers

I have yet to encounter a player that hacks, flies for infinite or whatever the *cricket* you want to make up they doing. If you are trying to tell me that if a Destroyer 1 hits you it means hes hacking that's complete bullshit and I know because i had a Destroyer friend who told me how to use a combo correctly that can deplete your HP in 1 combo. Provided that he can make it. And I bet many other characters can make an appropriate combo as well.

4. Lag PING whatever!

5. Bots in Dungeon - i can't play omg cause everyone is afk.

In all those 39 levels of my Warlock I haven't encountered 1 that would have been a bot (used the cross-sever for every dungeon mind you), I did encounter low level alts who yelled at us that he knows the game much better than any of us cause he has a lvl 45 HM 5 main. Not that we care. Frthermore there is a vote kick option, but all of your party members have to vote that member to be kicked out. Not sure if it actually works cause I never seen it in work, but if it's there it may be fixed and workable.

6. Compensations for 4 hours offline of the game for premium users

You go ahead and demand for compensations from a free 2 play model, what the hell would do if you paid  for the game and the servers would still go offline from time to time = Black Desert Online? You don't believe me? Go try?

7. GameGuard this, GameGuard that

Black Desert Online has a much worse counterpart called XingCode 3, and it does pretty much the same as Game Guard. I don't see anyone complaining.

8. FPS drops lags whatever

I think I found the culprit for this, and its the character/NPC names on your display. If you disable them most of the lag and FPS tank should go away - or at least it did for me. This is nowhere a final fix, but until they fix it or optimize it, it should work. Movement lag and fps drops are because slow and fragmented hard drives, use an SSD instead or defragment more frequently.

That's all I can think for now, and these are the basics that pop up every 2 hours as a crying/flaming/demanding/threatening topic, so read these and maybe you re-consider making a new thread. And stop ruining new comers experience before they even try the game. Its not their fault you suck, and you did not get what you wanted. This isn't a welfare organization, it's a gaming company.

Please tell me youre single because I think I just fell in love with you.

38 minutes ago, HeyMe said:

I'll admit I haven't seen any spam bots on the forums, or seen any in game, (personally) but I believe I remember pictures of them when the game first came out, and I *definitely* have seen in-game spam bots on fleet.

Semantics.  Protip:  Release = Open Beta for a F2P game.

I saw a shit ton when I played during early access up till I quit a few months ago in prep for this game as well as gold spammers.  

15 minutes ago, NN13 said:

If you did not see procedural map generation in Warframe, then either you do not know what it is or you are blind. No wonder you do not see bots in BnS.

If you farmed Draco for all the ranks, there is no doubt that you found it boring. Because you just used the XP exploit. Something like Ogong here.

The ranks you are talking about are supposed to come from normal playtime, not farming Draco all day. Warframe is one of the very few games that is 99.99% truly free, except the storage space. Just like Prime Warframes are hard to get, in BnS, getting Pirate weapon and accessories is pretty damn grindy. And boring grindy.

No wonder you did not like Warframe, because you could not even name more than 2 mission types. Meanwhile, they have Spy, new modified Sabotage, Exterminate, Excavations and Archwing missions.

But anyway, I am swaying from the point. It is entirely your opinion if you like Warframe as a game or not, but if you are denying the fact that Warframe Forums do not have Korean spam, then you are either being willingly ignorant or just trolling.

Add to the above fact that the Warframe devs actually care for their players. The sheer amount of free stuff and compensations they provide are un-countable. I was actually amazed to see that NCSoft never provided any compensation to premium users for THEIR server problems.

Then, there is the interaction. Warframe devs interact with the community like we are their friends. They listen to suggestions and feedbacks. On the other hand, I barely see any NCSoft official interact with the community.

And you contradicted yourself when you said that Warframe moderators are active while NCSoft moderators are not. This alone shows the lack of interest from NCSoft's side.

Oh so farming a day for a frame, and then crafting it for 72 hours for no apparent reason is truly free? That's not tied to frames only, you have to craft pretty much everything with wait times above 24 hours. The game basically tells me to go offline and wait 3 days till I can play my new shiny frame that I get bored of in 2 days. 

If you play like a "normal" person and don't farm Draco, there is a chance you will never rankup, and the best gear comes after Rank 13 just putting it out there for anyone who wants to consider Warframe. If you find a weapon that you like, or hell a set of weapons that you like, that being primary, secondary, melee, well *cricket* it cause you wont have any rank till you switch at least 1 of those off and keep leveling a new one. Therefore they FORCE you to buy a new weapon cause why the *cricket* not! Oh but wait, it's truly free, cause you can find the blueprints scattered across the game, and can farm months for the mats (cause he said like normal players), and then you gather them all together and boom, 24 hours crafting time for a useless piece of shit that does no damage or anything until you level it up. But guess what, that still will suck, because without a catalyst pretty much all the weapons are = 0, especially towards "end game". Didn't even mention the mods that you have to farm for, and the countless scammers that are in the sell chat, which can relate to the gold sellers in B&S. Same goes for frames, you finally got all the pieces in a couple of months for your shiny new frame, you can barely wait to try it, but NEH, 72 hours craft time. To speed it up, buy platina, which isn't cheap by the way.

Newer the less you cant compare a knock off 3d shooter game of every single 3D shooter game genre out there with a full sized mmorpg like Blade & Soul. So go back to your Warframe.

Ncosft officials do not interact with players because every time I see one of them trying to aproach the community, they instantly get flooded by the same idiotic questions, over and over and over and over, and trust me every human gets tired of it. Not to mention the law suit threatenings and spoiled brats who just want what they "paid for". You want a good example? Go watch one of their live streams, or the support twitter account.

24 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

4. Lag PING whatever!

And the firs thing it wants you to do is download and install. All that for an advertisement?

Hey I am just trying to help. Whatever floats your boat.

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

It's right there bu we can't see those...logic?

Say what, have you heard of Warframe?

It's another F2P game that I play. Go to Steam charts and see its position on Top Games...It always stayed within the Top 15 for the past 2 years.

That game is about 200% more polished than BnS and they still label it as Open Beta. If BnS is out of Beta, it is expected to not have so many fundamental issues.

And go to there Forums. You can barely see any complain except few complaining about RNG. And yes, RNG is one thing that is bad in that game. And don't you dare say that spam is there....I am an very very active Warframe Forum users, I know what I am talking about.

The reason why warframe dose not have bots, is due to fact how its economy works. Everything of true value is obtained via cash currency (platinum), frame slots, weapon slots, upgrades, etc. You can trade between players only with cash currency, meaning credits are locked to account. Credits, another form of currency, can be farmed up with in the game. However, credits do not give you the coveted items. All in all there is simply nothing to farm for bots and that is the real reason why they do not exist in the game. Or if they do, its an insignificant ammount. I personally like the way developers decided to build their in game economy. By simply rooting out the core reason for bots existing in the game - profit. Another game, that did well with in game economy is Skyforge, they went a step further and simply locked the trade between players. Worked surprisingly well if done right. 

In all games that have farmable main currency, there are bots. They will exist simply because they can gain profit. To get rid from goldspamers ->bots, BnS will need a complete economy and gear progression overhaul, which will not happen. Ever. This is an established game. So we will see this problem and no for those sugesting for P2P (subscription) it will not work ether, WoW and Lineage are the prime examples. I just hope NCsoft will have enough resourses to, so to speak, close the leaks and reducing the bot flow within game.

2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Oh so farming a day for a frame, and then crafting it for 72 hours for no apparent reason is truly free? That's not tied to frames only, you have to craft pretty much everything with wait times above 24 hours. The game basically tells me to go offline and wait 3 days till I can play my new shiny frame that I get bored of in 2 days. 

If you play like a "normal" person and don't farm Draco, there is a chance you will never rankup, and the best gear comes after Rank 13 just putting it out there for anyone who wants to consider Warframe. If you find a weapon that you like, or hell a set of weapons that you like, that being primary, secondary, melee, well *cricket* it cause you wont have any rank till you switch at least 1 of those off and keep leveling a new one. Therefore they FORCE you to buy a new weapon cause why the *cricket* not! Oh but wait, it's truly free, cause you can find the blueprints scattered across the game, and can farm months for the mats (cause he said like normal players), and then you gather them all together and boom, 24 hours crafting time for a useless piece of shit that does no damage or anything until you level it up. But guess what, that still will suck, because a catalyst pretty much all the weapons are = 0, especially towards "end game". Didn't even mention the mods that you have to farm for, and the countless scammers that are in the sell chat, which can relate to the gold sellers in B&S. Same goes for frames, you finally got all the pieces in a couple of months for your shiny new frame, you can barely wait to try it, but NEH, 72 hours craft time. To speed it up, buy platina, which isn't cheap by the way.

Newer the less you cant compare a knock off 3d shooter game of every single 3D shooter game genre out there with a full sized mmorpg like Blade & Soul. So go back to your Warframe.

Ncosft officials do not interact with players because every time I see one of them trying to aproach the community, they instantly get flooded by the same idiotic questions, over and over and over and over, and trust me every human gets tired of it. Not to mention the law suit threatenings and spoiled brats who just want what they "paid for". You want a good example? Go watch one of their live streams, or the support twitter account.

Apparent reason? That game revolves around using a variety of frames. Different frames have different uses. Some are defensive, some offensive,some CC. It's like saying why level up your Hongmoon weapon, why not just get a non-evolving purple weapon? Because Hongmoon weapons do a better job, thats why.

Also, if you have even a little intelligence, then you would not need to wait 3 days. Just let something craft and play with something else for 3 days.

"If you play like a "normal" person and don't farm Draco, there is a chance you will never rankup" -

Funny, because when I started playing, there was no Draco or XP exploit and now I am the highest rank, all by playing normally, 2-3 hours a day. Hell, upgrading to Awakened Pirate weapon seems tougher to me,mainly because Soulstones, coz I can;t play PvP thanks to 300ms ping and no latency compensation.

"the best gear comes after Rank 13 just putting it out there for anyone who wants to consider Warframe." -

This just shows you barely played Warframe and no nothing of it. One of the best weapons on the game - Boltor Prime takes barely 2 hours of farming void missions and has a Rank 0 requirement. If you are lucky, you will get all parts faster than completing 24-man BSH. There are numerous such examples, way too many to list.

And I am not even going to reply to those BS you wrote in the next paragraph. Too much work.

"Newer the less you cant compare a knock off 3d shooter game of every single 3D shooter game genre out there with a full sized mmorpg like Blade & Soul. So go back to your Warframe."

Full sized MMORPG like BnS that can not even code a system to stop spam in chat. At least Warframe does a better job of auto-kicking spammers from chat.

Unfortunately, "the knockoff 3D shooter" is way more famous than a full scale MMORPG like BnS. There must be a reason why 35k players are playing that knockoff 3D shooter right this second. And that is just steam. There are numerous more who use their official launcher, including myself. But then again, you would not understand. It's obvious from your posts.

"So go back to your Warframe."-

Do not worry. I will play BnS for another month. Then, I am determined to leave. But, the number of "I'm am leaving" thread that pops up everyday here, I would love to see where BnS stands after 2 years.

3 minutes ago, RustyCircuit said:

The reason why warframe dose not have bots, is due to fact how its economy works. Everything of true value is obtained via cash currency (platinum), frame slots, weapon slots, upgrades, etc. You can trade between players only with cash currency, meaning credits are locked to account. Credits, another form of currency, can be farmed up with in the game. However, credits do not give you the coveted items. All in all there is simply nothing to farm for bots and that is the real reason why they do not exist in the game. Or if they do, its an insignificant ammount. I personally like the way developers decided to build their in game economy. By simply rooting out the core reason for bots existing in the game - profit. Another game, that did well with in game economy is Skyforge, they went a step further and simply locked the trade between players. Worked surprisingly well if done right. 

In all games that have farmable main currency, there are bots. They will exist simply because they can gain profit. To get rid from goldspamers ->bots, BnS will need a complete economy and gear progression overhaul, which will not happen. Ever. This is an established game. So we will see this problem and no for those sugesting for P2P (subscription) it will not work ether, WoW and Lineage are the prime examples. I just hope NCsoft will have enough resourses to, so to speak, close the leaks and reducing the bot flow within game.

True enough.

But what I was trying to point towards is the fact that Warframe Devs care. They care about the problems,well, except the droprates(won't defend that part). Most of all, they accept their F ups. They try and come up with solutions.

Unfortunately, in my 1 month and a few days, I have not seen any concern from NCSoft's side. Most of the times, they say we are working. But where is the result? Eventualy, everyone loses patience. NCSoft said they would do something with GameGuard to prevent bots in the Unchained update. It absolutely failed and now they are just deleting posts containing any evidence to bots.

Most people here acknowledge the fact that BnS can not be entirely bot free. But that does not mean there should be more bots than actual players. And then there is optimization. I am yet to see a game that is so badly optimized. For a game that is 3 years old, optimization is worse than most games in their Closed Beta.

6 minutes ago, NN13 said:

True enough.

But what I was trying to point towards is the fact that Warframe Devs care. They care about the problems,well, except the droprates(won't defend that part). Most of all, they accept their F ups. They try and come up with solutions.

Unfortunately, in my 1 month and a few days, I have not seen any concern from NCSoft's side. Most of the times, they say we are working. But where is the result? Eventualy, everyone loses patience. NCSoft said they would do something with GameGuard to prevent bots in the Unchained update. It absolutely failed and now they are just deleting posts containing any evidence to bots.

Most people here acknowledge the fact that BnS can not be entirely bot free. But that does not mean there should be more bots than actual players. And then there is optimization. I am yet to see a game that is so badly optimized. For a game that is 3 years old, optimization is worse than most games in their Closed Beta.

Just to be fair to NCsoft here, they did lessen the ammount of in game chat spam. I still remeber how few weeks ago, it was pure hell. The block list was filled with in an hour of or two of gameplay. So at least they did something in that department, on other things you mentioned, I have to agree. 

Just now, RustyCircuit said:

Just to be fair to NCsoft here, they did lessen the ammount of in game chat spam. I still remeber how few weeks ago, it was pure hell. The block list was filled with in an hour of or two of gameplay. So at least they did something on in that department, or other things you mentioned, I have to agree. 

Unfortunately, it's still the same for me in Angler's Watch, European Server. Maybe that is the reason why I am skeptical. While I agree that my blocklist never got filled, I have to block 5-6 spam whisperes every day.

Maybe my block list didn't fill up because I usually don't bother wasting time behind the ones that spam in faction or region chat.

The thing I do not understand is that why does NCSoft not design a chat-bot like Warframe? Basically, in Warframe, if someone says WTB or WTS in any chat other than Trade chat, they get auto-kicked from chat until they log out. Same can be done here. If they curb the communication, bot's profit will reduce and they will eventually leave.

I went to arena first time today. Won 5 1v1 matches in a row 4 out of the 5 was a bot.  People express their likes and dislikes on the forum because when you submit a ticket with suggestion's or anything else basically you are told to use the forums. It's quite simple if you have a issue with a post ignore it.

3 hours ago, NN13 said:

Absolutely not. You just made that up. Warframe devs have officially confirmed on their bi-weekly livestream that the game will come out of OB and have a release.

Are they doing a character wipe at the end of this "Open Beta"?  Are you being reimbursed for all the money you spend during the "Open Beta"?  If they are, then I'll take it back.  But I'd be willing to bet like every other F2P MMO that had an "Open Beta", when they decide to say it's "Released", it's just a change of terminology.  There is functionally no difference other than what they are calling it.  A.k.a. semantics.

Unless they are actually doing some sort of character wipe/etc., the concept of calling something an open beta for a F2P game is silly.

(and, of course, if they do wipe/etc. they'll likely have a revolt on their hands.)

1 hour ago, HeyMe said:

Are they doing a character wipe at the end of this "Open Beta"?  Are you being reimbursed for all the money you spend during the "Open Beta"?  If they are, then I'll take it back.  But I'd be willing to bet like every other F2P MMO that had an "Open Beta", when they decide to say it's "Released", it's just a change of terminology.  There is functionally no difference other than what they are calling it.  A.k.a. semantics.

Unless they are actually doing some sort of character wipe/etc., the concept of calling something an open beta for a F2P game is silly.

(and, of course, if they do wipe/etc. they'll likely have a revolt on their hands.)

So, you think Open Beta is related to character wipe? I am not sure what I am supposed to tell you if you think character wipe is the only factor that differentiates Beta from Launch. First of all, these are different for different companies.

But the general idea goes like this -

Alpha - tested at developer-site.

Closed Beta - tested by a handful of customers, does a character wipe, almost always. Although some companies might not do it.

Open Beta - tested by millions of players. Players are allowed to spend money at their own discretion but major game/software-mechanics are subject to change.

Launch - Final status, where developers do not or can not change major game-mechanics, but can add new content(like DLC). Developers may add in optimisation patches.

One of the major difference between Open Beta and Launch is that a game and Open Beta may ask for user data to improve the game. A game which is launched is not supposed to do that.

Another difference is expecting customers to work for the company. I have seen many people say that we should report all the bots we encounter so that developers can do something. But the fact is, I am free to just complain about the problem without helping with the solution,should I choose to. And it is because of the Launched status of the game. On the other hand, in Warframe, I have no right to just complain and not report the problems, because the game clearly says that "You as an OB tester should help developers to find out bugs and glitches."

So, it is not change of terminology. When they say released, they mean to stick with whatever mechanisms the game has, for example, the damage system, character balancing, the story line, etc.

What BnS is doing now is clearly supposed to be done in Beta, be it open or closed.

When a company says we are in OB or CB, they clearly state that "Things can and will change". That is exactly what Warframe says. On the other hand, BnS is doing rebalancing, localisation etc., after launching.

Saying its just semantics does not change the concept of Beta and Launch. BnS just decided that its good idea to launch with half content, balancing and optimisation. That is not what most companies do, because otherwise, so many games would not exist in Open Beta.

Don't got much to say. First, title is kinda wacky. This is clearly not addressed to forum lurkers. Second, yes. Toxic community is toxic. Best way to shield yourself is either acquire a taste for acid and morons or hang out with all the Lyn lovers dressing up their furry children in Fan Creation section. Last thing's kind of random aimed at the whole open beta/launch discussion. MMOs are constantly gaining new content and being rebalanced. There isn't really a finished product. Anyhow, who cares? It's not like someone's being cheated of their money... usually.

Are you sure you logged in the correct forums and posted that op?Not even ncsoft employees would say all those things,i dont know what to do laugh or cry.

I'll bite tho and i'll answer you,just becouse u dont have those issues doesnt mean others dont have problems,if you bother to read the forums at all you will notice that even ppl with super pcs have problems playing this game atm and becouse we love this game we try to make it better.

The problem with NCsoft is that their community managers are like shinobi. They only pop in once in a while and most of the time, they barely interact with us. No offense, but this has got to be the worst forum I've been in recent years. No forum admin would have allowed this amount of repetitive threads, much less gold spammers take up entire pages. To be honest, this place is like an echo chamber of frustration or madness, and much like anything overblown in the internet, it's hilarious to read everybody's reactions.

By now, OP should realize that the people here love-to-hate BnS. That's like the enivitable trend with most MMOs, unlike WoW who sat at a golden pedestal back in the 2000s with virtually no competition.

While you're at it, white knight this for me:
- master ninja loot
- afk leechers
- Ogong case: banning people instead of putting in a door
- forum bots (Come on, tell me you don't see the forum spammed with the love messages!)
- part of the EU servers in NA (login, marketplace and "other components")
- obvious banning of unguilty people (have been unbanned manually but automatically banned again)

The rest of the list is too long (and not that relevant for me), but it goes down to even the lvl 20 Cinderland Brilliant Key not received.

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

So, you think Open Beta is related to character wipe? I am not sure what I am supposed to tell you if you think character wipe is the only factor that differentiates Beta from Launch. First of all, these are different for different companies.

But the general idea goes like this -

Alpha - tested at developer-site.

Closed Beta - tested by a handful of customers, does a character wipe, almost always. Although some companies might not do it.

Open Beta - tested by millions of players. Players are allowed to spend money at their own discretion but major game/software-mechanics are subject to change.

Launch - Final status, where developers do not or can not change major game-mechanics, but can add new content(like DLC). Developers may add in optimisation patches.

One of the major difference between Open Beta and Launch is that a game and Open Beta may ask for user data to improve the game. A game which is launched is not supposed to do that.

Another difference is expecting customers to work for the company. I have seen many people say that we should report all the bots we encounter so that developers can do something. But the fact is, I am free to just complain about the problem without helping with the solution,should I choose to. And it is because of the Launched status of the game. On the other hand, in Warframe, I have no right to just complain and not report the problems, because the game clearly says that "You as an OB tester should help developers to find out bugs and glitches."

So, it is not change of terminology. When they say released, they mean to stick with whatever mechanisms the game has, for example, the damage system, character balancing, the story line, etc.

What BnS is doing now is clearly supposed to be done in Beta, be it open or closed.

When a company says we are in OB or CB, they clearly state that "Things can and will change". That is exactly what Warframe says. On the other hand, BnS is doing rebalancing, localisation etc., after launching.

Saying its just semantics does not change the concept of Beta and Launch. BnS just decided that its good idea to launch with half content, balancing and optimisation. That is not what most companies do, because otherwise, so many games would not exist in Open Beta.

So... much... wrong.

Alpha:  Feature Complete

Beta: No known bugs

Launch:  On shelves.

Been the same at every studio I've worked at.  Though some admittedly lie to themselves to check off progress.  (Humorous, but true)

Public/in-house has no effect.  You can have public alphas (BnS did). You can have in-house Beta's.

And MMO's are *always* in a state of change/character balancing/etc. and *always* looking for suggestions.  That doesn't differentiate between beta and release.  That differentiates between Live and Dead.

Wanna know what open beta's are for?  Primarily Stress testing.  Secondarily class balancing.  And no, I don't think Open Beta is necessarily related to wipe, but there has to be *some* actual differentiation, and it's an easy (and common) example, since going from free to pay (the other primary differentiation) only happens with non F2P ones.  But as far as F2P MMO's go, without some form of differentiation, "Open Beta" is a meaningless PR term.  But if you wanna use the term, then *something* has to significantly differentiate it from the released version or you're just blowing smoke.

13 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

The problem with NCsoft is that their community managers are like shinobi. They only pop in once in a while and most of the time, they barely interact with us. No offense, but this has got to be the worst forum I've been in recent years. No forum admin would have allowed this amount of repetitive threads, much less gold spammers take up entire pages. To be honest, this place is like an echo chamber of frustration or madness, and much like anything overblown in the internet, it's hilarious to read everybody's reactions.

By now, OP should realize that the people here love-to-hate BnS. That's like the enivitable trend with most MMOs, unlike WoW who sat at a golden pedestal back in the 2000s with virtually no competition.

Not true, I'd love for some of the major problems to be fixed so I could enjoy the game that I've already invested a good amount of time and money in.

Hell I would be satisfied if they ACKNOWLEDGED some of the problems as a start, they don't even do that. TERA is full of hate right now and even they are interacting with the community, a community that is pissed off beyond pissed off mind you.

Archived