Dear forum lurkers, posters, readers

Mucski

This, has became a very bad community, by display. Every single thread here is something either demanding, crying, threatening, or just simply trolling.

Let me point out a few issues and how you guys exagerate on 99% of the issues currently the game have, and how you demand stuff and try to convince everyone else its the way you say it is!

1. Bots in arena, and I quote "they are everywhere".

First of I been in Arena quite a few times, I got a lvl 39 Warlock, a lvl 45 HM 3 blade dancer, over the two characters life time, I only encountered like 10 bots in Arena.I rarely played tag match that's true, but in 1v1 there was like 1 bot for 12 players. The logic here is simple for these guys who keep complaining, they got beaten to pulp, well it must be a bot. On a side not for stupid assassins, your invisiblity is not completely invisible in the bright arena, js. No, it's exactly the opposite, you win to easy, the opponent uses monotonous pre-defined combos and skills, that's when you have a bot.Now i only met around 10 of these so called Destroyer bots, and they are to be laughed at, I could've killed them with just running around and punching them in the face from time to time.

2. Bots EVERYWHERE!

Over the course of leveling up those 2 characters mentioned above, I only saw 1 bot train next to Profane Jiangshi, and today saw one at that blue dragon in hongshed pastures or wth is it called I forgot. I am on Twin Wagons just in case you wonder. There is usually 1 or 2 bots popping up every 2-3 hours in faction chat once silenced they don't come back. How to silence them? Block Spammer button. Same with whispers except I only got 1 today which after blocking it never happened again. Only real issue is the constant frend request which can't be blocked but they are being worked on as the developers have stated on twitter.

3. Hackers

I have yet to encounter a player that hacks, flies for infinite or whatever the *cricket* you want to make up they doing. If you are trying to tell me that if a Destroyer 1 hits you it means hes hacking that's complete bullshit and I know because i had a Destroyer friend who told me how to use a combo correctly that can deplete your HP in 1 combo. Provided that he can make it. And I bet many other characters can make an appropriate combo as well.

4. Lag PING whatever!

I have taken the liberty to share this once and here I am going to share/say it again. Windows 10 communicates with Microsoft 24/7 while your PC is on regardless that you are playing or watching a movie, it also shares update files in a torrent like manner across the internet as long as there is internet, it does it. It was discussed and it was one of the main privacy issues in Windows 10. It's simple to disable all of it however the settings are scattered all over the control panel and they are hard to find. However this program helps you with that, and no more ping and lag issues (or at least not for me) https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 - the program doesn't install anything on your computer, it simply points out to you what settings can be disabled to save bandwidth and gain back your privacy.

5. Bots in Dungeon - i can't play omg cause everyone is afk.

In all those 39 levels of my Warlock I haven't encountered 1 that would have been a bot (used the cross-sever for every dungeon mind you), I did encounter low level alts who yelled at us that he knows the game much better than any of us cause he has a lvl 45 HM 5 main. Not that we care. Frthermore there is a vote kick option, but all of your party members have to vote that member to be kicked out. Not sure if it actually works cause I never seen it in work, but if it's there it may be fixed and workable.

6. Compensations for 4 hours offline of the game for premium users

You go ahead and demand for compensations from a free 2 play model, what the hell would do if you paid  for the game and the servers would still go offline from time to time = Black Desert Online? You don't believe me? Go try?

7. GameGuard this, GameGuard that

Black Desert Online has a much worse counterpart called XingCode 3, and it does pretty much the same as Game Guard. I don't see anyone complaining.

8. FPS drops lags whatever

I think I found the culprit for this, and its the character/NPC names on your display. If you disable them most of the lag and FPS tank should go away - or at least it did for me. This is nowhere a final fix, but until they fix it or optimize it, it should work. Movement lag and fps drops are because slow and fragmented hard drives, use an SSD instead or defragment more frequently.

That's all I can think for now, and these are the basics that pop up every 2 hours as a crying/flaming/demanding/threatening topic, so read these and maybe you re-consider making a new thread. And stop ruining new comers experience before they even try the game. Its not their fault you suck, and you did not get what you wanted. This isn't a welfare organization, it's a gaming company.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mucski said:

This, has became a very bad community, by display. Every single thread here is something either demanding, crying, threatening, or just simply trolling.

Let me point out a few issues and how you guys exagerate on 99% of the issues currently the game have, and how you demand stuff and try to convince everyone else its the way you say it is!

1. Bots in arena, and I quote "they are everywhere".

First of I been in Arena quite a few times, I got a lvl 39 Warlock, a lvl 45 HM 3 blade dancer, over the two characters life time, I only encountered like 10 bots in Arena.I rarely played tag match that's true, but in 1v1 there was like 1 bot for 12 players. The logic here is simple for these guys who keep complaining, they got beaten to pulp, well it must be a bot. On a side not for stupid assassins, your invisiblity is not completely invisible in the bright arena, js. No, it's exactly the opposite, you win to easy, the opponent uses monotonous pre-defined combos and skills, that's when you have a bot.Now i only met around 10 of these so called Destroyer bots, and they are to be laughed at, I could've killed them with just running around and punching them in the face from time to time.

2. Bots EVERYWHERE!

Over the course of leveling up those 2 characters mentioned above, I only saw 1 bot train next to Profane Jiangshi, and today saw one at that blue dragon in hongshed pastures or wth is it called I forgot. I am on Twin Wagons just in case you wonder. There is usually 1 or 2 bots popping up every 2-3 hours in faction chat once silenced they don't come back. How to silence them? Block Spammer button. Same with whispers except I only got 1 today which after blocking it never happened again. Only real issue is the constant frend request which can't be blocked but they are being worked on as the developers have stated on twitter.

3. Hackers

I have yet to encounter a player that hacks, flies for infinite or whatever the *cricket* you want to make up they doing. If you are trying to tell me that if a Destroyer 1 hits you it means hes hacking that's complete bullshit and I know because i had a Destroyer friend who told me how to use a combo correctly that can deplete your HP in 1 combo. Provided that he can make it. And I bet many other characters can make an appropriate combo as well.

4. Lag PING whatever!

I have taken the liberty to share this once and here I am going to share/say it again. Windows 10 communicates with Microsoft 24/7 while your PC is on regardless that you are playing or watching a movie, it also shares update files in a torrent like manner across the internet as long as there is internet, it does it. It was discussed and it was one of the main privacy issues in Windows 10. It's simple to disable all of it however the settings are scattered all over the control panel and they are hard to find. However this program helps you with that, and no more ping and lag issues (or at least not for me) https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 - the program doesn't install anything on your computer, it simply points out to you what settings can be disabled to save bandwidth and gain back your privacy.

In all those 39 levels of my Warlock I haven't encountered 1 that would have been a bot (used the cross-sever for every dungeon mind you), I did encounter low level alts who yelled at us that he knows the game much better than any of us cause he has a lvl 45 HM 5 main. Not that we care. Frthermore there is a vote kick option, but all of your party members have to vote that member to be kicked out. Not sure if it actually works cause I never seen it in work, but if it's there it may be fixed and workable.

6. Compensations for 4 hours offline of the game for premium users

You go ahead and demand for compensations from a free 2 play model, what the hell would do if you paid  for the game and the servers would still go offline from time to time = Black Desert Online? You don't believe me? Go try?

7. GameGuard this, GameGuard that

Black Desert Online has a much worse counterpart called XingCode 3, and it does pretty much the same as Game Guard. I don't see anyone complaining.

I think I found the culprit for this, and its the character/NPC names on your display. If you disable them most of the lag and FPS tank should go away - or at least it did for me. This is nowhere a final fix, but until they fix it or optimize it, it should work. Movement lag and fps drops are because slow and fragmented hard drives, use an SSD instead or defragment more frequently.

That's all I can think for now, and these are the basics that pop up every 2 hours as a crying/flaming/demanding/threatening topic, so read these and maybe you re-consider making a new thread. And stop ruining new comers experience before they even try the game. Its not their fault you suck, and you did not get what you wanted. This isn't a welfare organization, it's a gaming company.

just ignore them man, full of cry babies thats all it is, they do it because they can't get what they want so they take a hissy fit

1 minute ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Here's the link to the Star Wars the Old Republic forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

Please point out the spam bots for me?

It's right there, when you don't see it and being deleted by the moderators that are active unlike here.

I play a good 5-7 hours a day on Twin Wagons and there are less to no bots on any of those entrances.

43 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I have to agree with one of the other posters, you must be either playing at an odd time, (or perhaps not an odd time?) or else have just gotten very very lucky.  My experience it's *very* unusual to not have at least 1 afk "bot", occasionally two.  (Note:  I've been working on the lvl 45 challenge since the patch that supposedly is going to help with this, so haven't really done any dungeons since then.  It's possible the patch actually did something?)  As for votekicking, you can't votekick unless they are offline.  (How do I know?  Lots of experience with afk bots)  However, when it is available, (player offline) votekicking definitely works.

That said, I'll admit I'm PST, and I tend to play late at that, so it's quite possible I'm more likely to run into bots because there are less non-bots playing, as all the normal players are sleeping.  And bots, of course, don't sleep.

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

Nope, played SWtoR since launch day, know how many bots I've encountered?

ZERO.

SWTOR is SWTOR. This is Blade & Soul. There is sky and earth difference between them. What the *cricket* do you want them to bot there?

5 minutes ago, Mucski said:

It's right there, when you don't see it and being deleted by the moderators that are active unlike here.

I play a good 5-7 hours a day on Twin Wagons and there are less to no bots on any of those entrances.

ZERO.

2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

It's right there bu we can't see those...logic?

Say what, have you heard of Warframe?

It's another F2P game that I play. Go to Steam charts and see its position on Top Games...It always stayed within the Top 15 for the past 2 years.

That game is about 200% more polished than BnS and they still label it as Open Beta. If BnS is out of Beta, it is expected to not have so many fundamental issues.

And go to there Forums. You can barely see any complain except few complaining about RNG. And yes, RNG is one thing that is bad in that game. And don't you dare say that spam is there....I am an very very active Warframe Forum users, I know what I am talking about.

It is not like NCSoft has made a TON of money on a game they translated voice only.  Where is all this extra money they are making going?  No action in game or on the forums its a plague of bots and uncertainty.  Why do we have NO in game GM's making their presence known?  Why are you so bothered that this game has people who care about it and want them to fix it so they go to the only place they can.. the forums and /vent.

We care about this game but the clock is ticking to abandon ship.

/stick your head in the sand more

1 minute ago, UnitedStrafes said:

ZERO.

I'll admit I haven't seen any spam bots on the forums, or seen any in game, (personally) but I believe I remember pictures of them when the game first came out, and I *definitely* have seen in-game spam bots on fleet.

2 minutes ago, NN13 said:

It's another F2P game that I play. Go to Steam charts and see its position on Top Games...It always stayed within the Top 15 for the past 2 years.

That game is about 200% more polished than BnS and they still label it as Open Beta. If BnS is out of Beta, it is expected to not have so many fundamental issues.

Semantics.  Protip:  Release = Open Beta for a F2P game.

5 minutes ago, NN13 said:

It's right there bu we can't see those...logic?

Say what, have you heard of Warframe?

And go to there Forums. You can barely see any complain except few complaining about RNG. And yes, RNG is one thing that is bad in that game. And don't you dare say that spam is there....I am an very very active Warframe Forum users, I know what I am talking about.

I actually have an account there and paid premium. More grindy than all the MMO's I played so far, and the maps are repetitive, you do the same shit over and over and over. And there are spams there too.

3 minutes ago, Lacha said:

It is not like NCSoft has made a TON of money on a game they translated voice only.  Where is all this extra money they are making going?  No action in game or on the forums its a plague of bots and uncertainty.  Why do we have NO in game GM's making their presence known?  Why are you so bothered that this game has people who care about it and want them to fix it so they go to the only place they can.. the forums and /vent.

We care about this game but the clock is ticking to abandon ship.

/stick your head in the sand more

It has been a *cricket*ing month since it's out of closed beta, okay maybe one and a half month. What do you expect? And who says its not beta? Oh and do you know what happens when a GM shows its face in this game? Well he/she gets flooded by the same "venting" people from the forums, basically making impossible to read or type. So you might as well just talk to the walls.

So now that we've confirmed you're probably too young to have legally accepted the TOS to play this game let's go over a few points shall we. Let's talk about Bots and the Jiwan server.

Arena - On my way to Diamond I've encountered a grand total of SEVEN human players and some 40 Destroyer Bots and 1 Summoner bot. When leveling my Warlock and queing Arena casually or Beans I've made it to gold farming Destroyer Bots. 21-0. Thrilling.

Bots Everywhere - Everywhere and nowhere, see they all congregate at instance zone ins. If you sit next to ne you can see them going in and out infinity. Dozens at a time. Far to many to report. You'd spend half an hour doing it. I've seen very few free farming the open world areas, except for Misty Woods PvP zone. THERE they flood in by dozens. They make easy quest updates for dailies but otherwise ruin the area. It's a 24/7 suicide run fest for them and the same ones have been there for weeks.

Hackers - The no CD Seed Shroud and True Friend hack exists, and so does the infinite flight bug in the Arena. Luckily I've encountered them only once each but they're brutal.  There's plenty of youtube videos showing it however.

Lag - Haven't had any except in the Arena. My latency goes to shit there sometimes.

Bots in Dungeons - I have a static and I've never pugged so I cant comment on this.

Compensation - This is legit whining.

GameGuard - I've gone off on this borderline Malware crap before and I don't need to again but it's trash that only serves to inconvenience real players.

FPS - This game is woefully unoptimized, that's all there is to it. 

6 minutes ago, Lacha said:

It is not like NCSoft has made a TON of money on a game they translated voice only.  Where is all this extra money they are making going?  No action in game or on the forums its a plague of bots and uncertainty.

The saddest part is you can see a LOT of the bots have premium tag on them. That means a lot of the money NCSoft IS making is from botters!  I wouldn't be surprised if NCSoft doesn't want to ban the botters because they want them to spend more money. It's wrong and pathetic but I can see it being possible

Just now, Mucski said:

I actually have an account there and paid premium. More grindy than all the MMO's I played so far, and the maps are repetitive, you do the same shit over and over and over. And there are spams there too.

There are spam in Warframe...No...I am playing that game for almost 3 years now and the only time their forum got spammed was a few days ago when they modified their Forum site and the spam-protection got bugged. And guess what, they fixed it in 20 minutes.

And what premium do you have in Warframe,just curious?

Also, when you say Warframe map is repetitive, it is funny. That game uses procedural map generation. There is a very high chance that you will never get exact similar map 2 consecutive times. At the very least, you can play on very different tilesets.

And what does BnS have? Running the same 4 blue dungeons for moonwater tears?

An yes, Warframe has it's flaws. By no means it is perfect. But the good thing about Warframe devs is that they acknowledge the flaws and tries to fix them,unlike NCSoft, whose support always blames the players system.

1 hour ago, Mucski said:

I don't think that the fps drop has to do with using SSD or not. SSD just make loading screen faster, but not rendering of the game. My brother and I don't have SSD , but he has a better graphic cart and doesn't have much issue with fps drop (and I have that problem).

BnS West is NOT in BETA. Any kind of BETA as a matter of fact.

Show me one instance where it is officially stated as BETA.

NCSoft jumped closed CB to launch,which they should not have done, given the condition of the game.

7 minutes ago, NN13 said:

There are spam in Warframe...No...I am playing that game for almost 3 years now and the only time their forum got spammed was a few days ago when they modified their Forum site and the spam-protection got bugged. And guess what, they fixed it in 20 minutes.

And what premium do you have in Warframe,just curious?

Also, when you say Warframe map is repetitive, it is funny. That game uses procedural map generation. There is a very high chance that you will never get exact similar map 2 consecutive times. At the very least, you can play on very different tilesets.

And what does BnS have? Running the same 4 blue dungeons for moonwater tears?

An yes, Warframe has it's flaws. By no means it is perfect. But the good thing about Warframe devs is that they acknowledge the flaws and tries to fix them,unlike NCSoft, whose support always blames the players system.

I have bought platinas countless times that's what kind of premium I have. I have yet to see a procedural map on that game, they are all the same, either straight or reversed, that's not really procedural. Farming Draco and Ceres for a life time to gain ranks which can only be achieved by leveling up weapons (never the same mind you) or frames (which aside the cash shop ones are pretty hard to get, unless you buy up all the prime frames you can and level those up). I have no idea how you survived 3 years of the same repetitive bullshit with their very few game plays which are nowhere new (tower defense, survival, more tower defense and more survival ... and some zombie survival which they re-named to infestation due to legal reasons). I am pretty sure there are/was/will be spammers on their forums that you wont see because their moderation team is active. 

Oh and they release a new frame every now and then which somehow acts the same as the previous ones, except they mix it around. Turmix ftw. They also release weapons in the same time which does pretty much the same as the previous ones with a new model and animations. GG.

Archived