Race Change

halfnhalf4891

Hello Blade and Soul Players.  New to the community and was wondering if there was race change option?  Level 34 now and seeing that some of the other races for my class look better.  Willing to pay for it but not sure if the Alter Appearance includes it or if it is even available.  If it's not, would anyone know if this will be added soon? 

Thank you!  

2 hours ago, halfnhalf4891 said:

Hello Blade and Soul Players.  New to the community and was wondering if there was race change option?  Level 34 now and seeing that some of the other races for my class look better.  Willing to pay for it but not sure if the Alter Appearance includes it or if it is even available.  If it's not, would anyone know if this will be added soon? 

Thank you!  

Alter appearance does not give you the option to change your race. 

As far as updates go, no word about something like that. It'd be interesting, though.

On the bright side, leveling a character in this game is actually pretty easy, at least comparatively. You should go for making a new character. What's a few hours to enjoying the game the way you want to?

19 minutes ago, Franny said:

Race change is simply not available, because certain races are restricted to certain classes, and vice versa. It would be difficult to have a workaround.

BnS is not the only game where racial restrictions for classes is applied, yet most of these games offer this option for real money. So that's really not the problem in this case m8 ;)

• NCSOFT

Hi,

Race change isn't currently available, it is something we are discussing but currently there are no plans to implement it.

It's definitely on the suggestion list though, so if anyone feels strongly about it we encourage you to let us know!

1 hour ago, Kure said:

On the bright side, leveling a character in this game is actually pretty easy, at least comparatively. You should go for making a new character. What's a few hours to enjoying the game the way you want to?

True it's easy but it's not easy to gear up,actually it's easy to gear up just not cheap..

Im currently maxed geared and would like to change race aswell,was thinking of lvling new race to lv 45 but getting the same gear on 2nd char would require me to waste 1k+ gold and time on achivements and gathered costumes shop and dropped ones just so i can look differently.....

Many games have class restrictions yet they implemented race change so i don't really see a problem,make it availlable only to those that are not bound by class restriction,i don't see a problem there.

50 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Race change isn't currently available, it is something we are discussing but currently there are no plans to implement it.

It's definitely on the suggestion list though, so if anyone feels strongly about it we encourage you to let us know!

I think and there is quite a lot of evidence throughout the forums, that many ppl would really appreciate this option, me including. Today, I plan to create my second KfM, just because I can't change the race of the existing one. It cost me quite a lot of time and resources, but I rather level up a new character, than play with a race I don't like as much as when I started that character.

Also, ppl would pay real money for this, so it's really a good thing to implement imho...

3 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Thank you for the response.  This is certainly something you all should add.  As it seems there are a lot of people interested in it.  

Anyone else want this please let it be known!! 

7 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Now this is a bit ironic, as Tencent (bns' publisher in China) announced about a month ago that race/sex change vouchers will be implemented sometime in 2016.

So in short, yes this is something that we'll probably get in our versions. Might take some time though, as it hasn't been added to the asian servers yet.

11 hours ago, halfnhalf4891 said:

Thank you!  

if it is. my Lyn will be an assassin (or w8...my jin assassin will becoem a lyn....thats better)

1 hour ago, Shilen said:

Now this is a bit ironic, as Tencent (bns' publisher in China) announced about a month ago that race/sex change vouchers will be implemented sometime in 2016.

So in short, yes this is something that we'll probably get in our versions. Might take some time though, as it hasn't been added to the asian servers yet.

Well I hope it's soon.  I like the fact not every race can be every class.  But it can't be difficult to implement a feature that allows you to switch to another race that can be the same class.  

6 minutes ago, halfnhalf4891 said:

Well I hope it's soon.  I like the fact not every race can be every class.  But it can't be difficult to implement a feature that allows you to switch to another race that can be the same class.  

it kinda is difficult

you need to make animations for that class for the new races

like assassin dagger animations for lyn.

1 hour ago, Tomoko said:

if it is. my Lyn will be an assassin (or w8...my jin assassin will becoem a lyn....thats better)

Not sure if it work like that,unless they add animations of different race/class to others that don't have them. My assumption is that they will add race change and only those who are not bound to class restriction will be able to change.

14 hours ago, Eladriel said:

True it's easy but it's not easy to gear up,actually it's easy to gear up just not cheap..

Just gonna say, my comment was really directed at the OP who I'm pretty darn sure has not spent a hundredth of the gold you've used on your character. That said, best of luck. From other posts it sounds likely you'll get your chance to change race at some point in the future.

It would be definitely nice to have some confirmation from the devs about this. I started a new KfM yesterday and now, when I read about the racial change in China, I dunno if I should continue with the new character or not :D
I hate uncertainty and I'm sure about not being alone, NCsoft, please help us ;)

Would love this option to be available. I really love my Lyn but I'm really interesed in being a Gon, or maybe a Yun. I don't mind losing some of my race specific gear. I'd remake the character as some suggested but the weapon leveling takes a long time and not something I really want to go through again, atleast not for my current class.

Just saw this on a website:

After releasing a hybrid class Force Kungfu Master, NCSoft will release a brand-new class in 2016. With lots of brand-new features, this new class won’t be a hybrid class like Force Kungfu Master. In addition, the highly-anticipated sex/race changing items are scheduled to add to the client in 2016. Lastly, the tweaks to class balance are underway, and NCSoft is bringing numbers of class rebalancing changes to Korean version soon.

http://2p.com/40732526_1/Blade-amp-Soul-Getting-Big-Updates-in-2016-New-Class-Sex-Change-and-More-by-Aaron.htm

Guess it's happening but who knows when will EU get it.

On 3/8/2016 at 2:30 PM, Shilen said:

On 3/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, Eladriel said:

Just saw this on a website:

After releasing a hybrid class Force Kungfu Master, NCSoft will release a brand-new class in 2016. With lots of brand-new features, this new class won’t be a hybrid class like Force Kungfu Master. In addition, the highly-anticipated sex/race changing items are scheduled to add to the client in 2016. Lastly, the tweaks to class balance are underway, and NCSoft is bringing numbers of class rebalancing changes to Korean version soon.

http://2p.com/40732526_1/Blade-amp-Soul-Getting-Big-Updates-in-2016-New-Class-Sex-Change-and-More-by-Aaron.htm

Guess it's happening but who knows when will EU get it.

Well theres some good news!!   Early 2016 please NCSoft.

15 minutes ago, Keawen said:

And then a lot of people gonna say what you allow people to race change but bots are rampant on all the servers.Get your priority right.

Bots are in every mmo i have played.  Literally.  Some things you can't just stop sadly.  Doesn't mean they should ONLY concentrate on bots.  That's just as bad as saying "don't release any new content until you fix the bots".  

37 minutes ago, halfnhalf4891 said:

Bots are in every mmo i have played.  Literally.  Some things you can't just stop sadly.  Doesn't mean they should ONLY concentrate on bots.  That's just as bad as saying "don't release any new content until you fix the bots".  

true but....i got an idea from archeage for that

in blade and soul. go up to a bot, right cick them and select "challenge"

they have (idk..1-3 minutes) to press decline or accept. and if they don't, it automatically accepts.  at which point you can fight them 1 on 1 (they are unable to damage anything other than you but can still target other stuff).

the clever thing for this is, their AI will still target monsters or stuff.  and you can attack it. kill it. and thus bot dies while it tries to kill the monster(ignoring you) >=D

could even make it so bots drop 1 copper on death. $$$

its a duel system and a bot hunt system in 1. (probably a few....technical details i dont know about but it sounds good)

Archived