REALLY picky players pt. 2

vickahh

3 hours ago, Fuz said:

No, this is bullshit. Players shouldn't be expected to watch a video of the dungeon before going in, are you *cricket*ing crazy?

But yes, you don't go in Naryu with profane. You just don't.

Well other games would be different but since this game was out for 3 years at other servers it wouldn't hurt spending 20 mins of watching a simple video how to while waiting for 2 weeks for update to go live after its announcement. 
I'm not saying it's a must, there are different people in this world - some learn quick and some needs more time. I'm more of the second type so I do spend my time watching how to do something before I go and do with others. I simply don't want to be a burden to my team.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Well other games would be different but since this game was out for 3 years at other servers it wouldn't hurt spending 20 mins of watching a simple video how to while waiting for 2 weeks for update to go live after its announcement. 
I'm not saying it's a must, there are different people in this world - some learn quick and some needs more time. I'm more of the second type so I do spend my time watching how to do something before I go and do with others. I simply don't want to be a burden to my team.

This guy..... this guy gets it.

It's fine and dandy to play at your leisure, in fact I support it. However, if you're going to knowingly fly blind into a dungeon while CHOOSING to not research it, just find like minded players, this is just putting the gear issues aside. It's a frustrating thing especially when no one thinks twice about voicing up that they don't know what's going on. At least have the common courtesy to speak up and say "I don't know this boss/room's mechanics" that way someone can either teach you or they can account for it. Likewise, if you're a geared player wanting fast runs, don't just hop into dungeon queue expecting to magically find a dream team, it never happens. If you want a good group to clear fast with then scout around and find players. The general rule of thumb since time immemorial is that solo queue for dungeons is usually 9/10 times going to be a trap run. This is because half the time newer players just see "Oh, shiny new dungeon" and don't try to even learn about its mechanics or see what gear has been recommended as a minimum by the community (Not just the NA community, but other regions that have had this content for ages) and end up causing a wipe because they, as I stated before, choose to not prepare themselves and knowingly sacrifice their party and the run for the sake of what they want (Oh god I'm having vietnam flashbacks to TERA and it's limited daily runs, now those were a pain. Yes, I'm looking at you MCHM & Wonderholme).

So, new players please just hear my plea, please please please if you want to try "new content" and refuse to watch tutorials, at least seek out a veteran willing to teach new players or seek out other new players and challenge the content together.

TL;DR
Be courteous to the other players in the game, it's not all about you. If you want a specific style of run, either make sure your group is on a consensus about what to do before starting the run or even simpler, just find people who want to do the same style of run as you and group up!

4 hours ago, Fuz said:

No, this is bullshit. Players shouldn't be expected to watch a video of the dungeon before going in, are you *cricket*ing crazy?

It's not all that unheard of actually, not even in gaming.

It's like trying to say:

• No one should be expected to get their license before driving a car!
  • No one should be expected to be a certified auto tech before working on cars (or at least have prior knowledge of what you're doing)!
  • ect. ect.

It's honestly kind of asinine that people hop into dungeon queues and expect everything to go to their standards. Don't FORCE the rest of us to sacrifice our run just because you didn't want to prepare (or for the players want an efficient run, expecting everyone to be prepared and top notch). Like seriously people just group with people who feel the same way, don't randomly rush into dungeon queues and expect everything to go your way, that's just asking for trouble (like OP's situation).

12-15 gold per day u can get just with dailys...and im not counting Soulstones which u can easy obtain in Arena on tag matches

So here goes mine question..."Why do u still having Profane weapon"? 

Where urs gold going? and what u doing with it?

I do bealive there is plenty skilled players who can do same things as the one who have great gear but still...how u can have still profane? dont u wish to make some higher progress?

I was farming Brighstone with Profane it wasn't problem at all...but now with mine True Pirate and True Pirate Acc its kinda of joke to just fast finish that dungeon

Personaly i do care abaut gear...good players always care abaut their gear...and in Lab nvm how skilled u are still is not same when u hit boss 3-4k and when sombody hit it 6-7k or even more...

U have to undarstand...Everyone wish to do things ingame fast and easy...its rare u will see sombody who gonna trouble himself doing it 2h for some crapy reward just to prove he can do it...

Urs Gear showing how much u know...bcz GOOD players know how to obtain their gear...and if u say at this period of game u using still profane with that huge amaunt of gold which can be obtained daily...i can say ur BAD player and i would not wish u in mine party at Lab or anywhere else

I do not trying to argue with u or to upsed u...but those are facts

You can gather a group of 6 players with profane weapons and try to finish it.  After that you will understand why people complain about your weapons.  Many of us do not have enough times to finish all dailies, so we just want to run it smoothly and quickly as it can be.

2 minutes ago, Hectore said:

12-15 gold per day u can get just with dailys...and im not counting Soulstones which u can easy obtain in Arena on tag matches

So here goes mine question..."Why do u still having Profane weapon"? 

Where urs gold going? and what u doing with it?

Yeah exactly :D
Also add extra money you can make in 4 blue dungeons from tears... Why people stop bidding at 1g30-50s when you can sell each 90s-1g each tear... Like I each day make extra cash from getting cheap tears from dungeon and just selling them for marketplace price...

I queued up once for Naryu in cross server, then saw a person recruiting for a 400ap+ 6p Naryu run. So I decided to join them since I met the requirement.

Few seconds later, I was kicked from the party while in the dungeon lobby. I was furious for being kicked just because I was a BM (this was my thought process). Then I checked my own character info and saw that I had unequipped all my gear and was using a level 1 broken weapon since I had been practising my combos :V

Errr.... anyway, stories aside, the point I wanted to make is that there are many parties recruiting with set requirements. Try to join these parties instead of just going with the LFP option. These party leaders check your gear when you enter their dungeon lobby, and as long as you don't troll them (like I unintentionally did x_x), they'll most likely not kick you. 

It might take a minute or two, maybe more of waiting, but the end result is almost always more favorable than joining a random party, only to have everyone leave, leaving you to queue up again.

A bit off-topic but someone earlier mentioned a HP Minimum for dungeons, and suggested 39K HPs. My question is when or with what gear does this massive HP growth occur? I feel like I am making decent progress in game-not struggling too much in any area specifically-but the normal additions of HP with each level would not get me to anywhere near that number by Level 45. Does the percentage of HP gained per level really spike in the late 30s or 40s or do the Soul Shields REALLY add HP at that time? Thank you.:)

(Attack Power, I actually feel somewhat confident about attaining the levels players say are necessary at the current end-game by the time I get to L45, but HP seems like something I am missing information on.)

Michelle

1 minute ago, MichelleZhivago said:

A bit off-topic but someone earlier mentioned a HP Minimum for dungeons, and suggested 39K HPs. My question is when or with what gear does this massive HP growth occur? I feel like I am making decent progress in game-not struggling too much in any area specifically-but the normal additions of HP with each level would not get me to anywhere near that number by Level 45. Does the percentage of HP gained per level really spike in the late 30s or 40s or do the Soul Shields REALLY add HP at that time? Thank you.:)

(Attack Power, I actually feel somewhat confident about attaining the levels players say are necessary at the current end-game by the time I get to L45, but HP seems like something I am missing information on.)

Michelle

You only need as much HP as you get hit. We clear 4man NLabs with 34k hp average. Just. Don't. Get. Hit. (Too much). The Nlabs soul shields give you a massive amount of HP though. Some stupid 60kish levels of it, at the cost of other stats however. The best souls shield combo pre Nlabs kept you around 33-38k depending on your class.

Rule number one: Never pug the newest dungeons

Rule number two: NEVER PUG THE NEWEST DUNGEONS

It's that simple to avoid these shenanigans. Also come on dude, are you going to justify staying at profane to do the next new dungeons after this if they, for whatever bs reason, make the minimum requirement Dokumo?

During E.fleet Profane was just fine, then BSH came and Profane is ok but this is where you should start thinking about upgrading.

Now its Naryu and Profane is frowned upon so please think about investing in at least True Siren, everyone had ample time to farm up for it.

I'm at true siren and with everythingto to go to true pirate but i'm saving to up my warlock, before i started to do arena dailys + 10 match to farm beens i've got stuck without any soulstone to upgrade my gear, get even more easy to have moonwater stone than soulstone, but now doing arena, i just can farm 60 soulstone per day and now my problem is have money to upgrade my gear, since i buy moon stone everytime i have money, thats kinda cool, do the arena dailys guys ! but ofc i'm not aiming warlock to be an dps class, warlock is a buff machine (that was kinda offtopic) but yeah i believe every player shoul try upgrade they gear, but much ppl got dismotivated by all the dailys grind, lack of money and etc, can't judge right ? even who want to sell ncoin are facing stupids rate, and cmon naryu lab are so easy, my first run took what, 20/30min, without any wipe, very very easy.

Hello Zel,

Thank you for the response.:) Perhaps I should be more clear. While I feel as if I am making progress, completing quests, dungeons-I mostly solo them despite the little warnings that I should not-but I am low 30s Level and have about 4K HPs. Where do these other 30-40-50K HPs come from? As I said, because of this somewhat exponential rise in HP, I feel that I am missing something. Leveling up only adds so much, so far. Thank you.

Michelle

28 minutes ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Hello Zel,

Thank you for the response.:) Perhaps I should be more clear. While I feel as if I am making progress, completing quests, dungeons-I mostly solo them despite the little warnings that I should not-but I am low 30s Level and have about 4K HPs. Where do these other 30-40-50K HPs come from? As I said, because of this somewhat exponential rise in HP, I feel that I am missing something. Leveling up only adds so much, so far. Thank you.

Michelle

As I recall a naked 45 (no45 souls shields) has around... 12k HP or so depending on your class. I think, it's been awhile. All that extra HP is from soul shields. When you hit 45 you'll want to farm the Moonwater Duel shield in Misty woods, it takes about an hour to do (And its completely mindless) and your HP will bump into that 30-40k range. Unfortunately the Moon Duel Shield isn't very good. You'll want to replace them with a combination of BSH and Mushins Tower (1-7). There's an optimal 5/3 split depending on class again, these ones specialize in Crit % and offer a bit less HP overall but your damage goes through the roof. Now you focus on gearing until you can do NLabs. I STRONGLY advise against skipping the middle portion and going to Nlabs with Moon Duel.

5 minutes ago, FilipeKun said:

This post in a few parts is hilarious but is also true.

What's the point having a high lvl weapon (resuming most best weapon used atm) if the player can't use it correctly?

profane, true profane, pirate, siren, wathever, without skill, is only bullsh!t and the OP is right.

Also for those who say "PPL SHOULD WATCH THE GUIDE IN YOUTUBE" well no shit, just for be rebeld (jk)

anyway what's the point watching the guide video? with that shit u guys taking out all the fun, instead we learn by ourselfs and etc, the video is spoiling EVERYTHING, i bet most of community (90% this might be exagerated but who knows) just care about complete the game, get top 1, get better gear even if takes wile, if takes wile waste IRL money for upgrade gear. srsly is that fun? i don't see how u guys are even having fun in the game with those progresses

Naryu Labyrinth is a new DG, a hard DG as i can see, and yeah there might need certain equipment, but come on, aint profane/true profane enough? have u guys saw the fcking prices of MTS in the market? 6G per stone, why? because ppl are greedy, there's still lots of players who didn't even hit siren or pirate weapon and u guys still saying those shits? like oh no is a profane guy, time for leave party, what kind of community is this?

The game is suppose to be fun, not to be fcking serious as i see in many posts, profane/true profane is already enough for that DG, getting carried? well wen the DG came, haven't u guys got carried by the ones that knew the DG? (the ones that did first?) or haven't u guys done the DG for the first time and didnt know anything? is normal from those players, they want to get progress, and this DG, wich atm is the best Soul shield in the game, is one of the DGs that will GIVE PROGRESS TO THE PLAYER.

Getting carried or not doesnt matter, if u guys think like that, than wen u guys get a new char, lvl 36 ready for first time in that char for do Infernal DG, u guys in that part are getting carried, but who cares? u guys need progress, and is suppose to be fun, communicate with the team, LAUGHT, CRY, DO ANYTHING, but not be like

"oh this guy is so weak and low, is a waste of time, must leave the party"

"oh this guy dont know shit about DG, better i advance without him so i wont waste time with scrubs <--- this might be a bad word but is mostly true in most mmorpgs games and MOBA, anything that makes the weaks getting carried and is totally toxic and fcking annoying"

yeah i might be using bad words here, but what im telling is the truth, ppl are like this, most of them dont want to help.

i do got this kind of problems in the Tunnels (spider DG for moonwater tear) after we died ONLY ONCE (wole party) 2 of them left the party, guess what, only 1 45, me and my friend as 43~44 and his friend even lower than us, we did the fcking DG, lost lots of time? yeah but we didnt gave up and had fun.

is scks to see nowadays ppl leaving the DG due we just died one fcking time, want to get better team? well get friends and group with them instead doing random then dont come cry in forums saying "oh cross server partys are scks due weakers/leachers and etc"

but yeah im just leaving here my 5 cents and tips, and i will say this, wen i start do the Naryu labyrinth, oh yeah belive me, i wont even watch the fcking guide because i want to explore the DG, even if it takes 40 mins or 1h, then after i finish that, maybe i will watch for understand better the DG.

u guys might not like the story and etc, but i want to enjoy the game in my way.

Peace!

You make good points but still profane users shouldn't be in the latest dungeon which is Lab in the first place because no matter how pro a full team of profane users are, they still aren't gonna beat the dungeon because of the dps enrage timer system. Usually when profane users do end up beating the dungeon, its because of the other much better geared players in the group. I agree that we don't need pirate weapons for lab and i do think a team of siren users is already enough to beat lab if they know their rotation well.

17 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

The reason why people don't like profanes in such dungeons is because of rage timers. Too low dps = rage mode on bosses = fail.
If there would be no timers people wouldn't give a damn. Just be understanding and farm up for siren weapon before you  go something harder.
Also, not to be rude, but I kinda dislike people like you, who go to a new dungeons (new = harder than others lel) and don't even watch a video of it's walktrough guide " We went in and yes I died once because it's my first time and I didn't know the laser kills you automatically. "

This one

First, not dying doesn't mean anything. Cuz you have low dps, boss won't even look at you poor thing, so you won't die easily because you are not tanking. Dying is way easier if you get aggro from boss than just hiding behind it and spaming your skills.

Second, you are first time without reading guide, so you know nothing about the bosses. Except for your low dps, you contribute nothing to the party. First boss, you are useless with your low dps, boss won't even target you, so you don't need to dodge/block/position yourself to let boss stun on doors. Second boss, you are useless with your low dps because you are not bomber and don't tank adds/boss. Third bosses, you are useless with your low dps because boss doesn't chase you.

Third, if you think you are not carried, try partying with 5 other first time players with profane weapons and not reading any guides. Then come back and tell us what happend. I hope you guys don't get the enrage timer or dying while tanking the bosses. LOL "cricket"

2 minutes ago, Pinkaachu said:

Third, if you think you are not carried, try partying with 5 other first time players with profane weapons and not reading any guides. Then come back and tell us what happend. I hope you guys don't get the enrage timer or dying while tanking the bosses. LOL "cricket"

I would kinda like to see that on 2nd bosses with bombs and  add tanking :DD

6 hours ago, FilipeKun said:

This post in a few parts is hilarious but is also true.

What's the point having a high lvl weapon (resuming most best weapon used atm) if the player can't use it correctly?

profane, true profane, pirate, siren, wathever, without skill, is only bullsh!t and the OP is right.

Also for those who say "PPL SHOULD WATCH THE GUIDE IN YOUTUBE" well no shit, just for be rebeld (jk)

anyway what's the point watching the guide video? with that shit u guys taking out all the fun, instead we learn by ourselfs and etc, the video is spoiling EVERYTHING, i bet most of community (90% this might be exagerated but who knows) just care about complete the game, get top 1, get better gear even if takes wile, if takes wile waste IRL money for upgrade gear. srsly is that fun? i don't see how u guys are even having fun in the game with those progresses

Naryu Labyrinth is a new DG, a hard DG as i can see, and yeah there might need certain equipment, but come on, aint profane/true profane enough? have u guys saw the fcking prices of MTS in the market? 6G per stone, why? because ppl are greedy, there's still lots of players who didn't even hit siren or pirate weapon and u guys still saying those shits? like oh no is a profane guy, time for leave party, what kind of community is this?

The game is suppose to be fun, not to be fcking serious as i see in many posts, profane/true profane is already enough for that DG, getting carried? well wen the DG came, haven't u guys got carried by the ones that knew the DG? (the ones that did first?) or haven't u guys done the DG for the first time and didnt know anything? is normal from those players, they want to get progress, and this DG, wich atm is the best Soul shield in the game, is one of the DGs that will GIVE PROGRESS TO THE PLAYER.

Getting carried or not doesnt matter, if u guys think like that, than wen u guys get a new char, lvl 36 ready for first time in that char for do Infernal DG, u guys in that part are getting carried, but who cares? u guys need progress, and is suppose to be fun, communicate with the team, LAUGHT, CRY, DO ANYTHING, but not be like

"oh this guy is so weak and low, is a waste of time, must leave the party"

"oh this guy dont know shit about DG, better i advance without him so i wont waste time with scrubs <--- this might be a bad word but is mostly true in most mmorpgs games and MOBA, anything that makes the weaks getting carried and is totally toxic and fcking annoying"

yeah i might be using bad words here, but what im telling is the truth, ppl are like this, most of them dont want to help.

i do got this kind of problems in the Tunnels (spider DG for moonwater tear) after we died ONLY ONCE (wole party) 2 of them left the party, guess what, only 1 45, me and my friend as 43~44 and his friend even lower than us, we did the fcking DG, lost lots of time? yeah but we didnt gave up and had fun.

is scks to see nowadays ppl leaving the DG due we just died one fcking time, want to get better team? well get friends and group with them instead doing random then dont come cry in forums saying "oh cross server partys are scks due weakers/leachers and etc"

but yeah im just leaving here my 5 cents and tips, and i will say this, wen i start do the Naryu labyrinth, oh yeah belive me, i wont even watch the fcking guide because i want to explore the DG, even if it takes 40 mins or 1h, then after i finish that, maybe i will watch for understand better the DG.

u guys might not like the story and etc, but i want to enjoy the game in my way.

Peace!

This is a party dungeon, just because you don't read and think it's fun doesn't make it fun for others. They may only think what is wrong with this noob who just came in unprepared? Second, if you think profane weapon doesn't matter, try it with 6 ppl all using profane weapons in lab and tell us if this matters or not. Otherwise, just stfu and admit you got carried by others. 

I think argument to end this discussion would be as some said: if party of same weapon and gear can't clear it - it's too weak for this dungeon and they should upgrade until it can be cleared with 6 same weapon and gear players.

Queue into lab6

It's a bunch of people with 400+

They somehow enrage Minou and wipe at 30 sec left

Spend a while recruiting new players (from scratch since all 5 left)

Several 400+ come and go

End up with an all sub 400 party where no one left

Kill Minou just fine with 2 min left

Elitists are the cancer that's killing this game. They have no skill whatsover, and leave the moment they're not getting carried.

On 3/8/2016 at 2:04 AM, vickahh said:

If you read my last forum about his topic, cool :3

Anyways, yes I don't have siren weapon yet but I attempted to try the new naryu labrynth dungeon, a 6 man party not 4.

And of course since I have profane someone told me "why do profane queued for this" and yes, everyone in the party had siren except one had pirate.

So I told this guy "it's not about just my weapon even though less dmg, it's how you play....hater"

We went in and yes I died once because it's my first time and I didn't know the laser kills you automatically.

BUT this guy giving me crap died 5 times!! LOL guess someone doesn't know how to play their character

I even had to res them and take them away to revive since I am a des.

Quick story from a "profane player" ;D

His deaths may have been situational. For instance, he may have done so much damage that it caused bosses to aggro him. Further, there are some mechanics that you may have messed up without knowing, such as the Minotaur's charge, extending the run. However, Labyrinth is super easy, so it's not one that I'd be particular about gear for.

That said, the reason why people don't really like profane gear is because it's almost like a slap to our face. I've been playing since launch, making plenty of alts, farming 4-6 hours a day, just to get my character to max gear (true pirate + true siren accessories). And then I queue up and get put together with someone who spent 2 days working on gear (since that's how long true profane takes), who thinks they're hot stuff and able to do the same instance that I've worked so hard towards... I think you can see where I'd get a bit hurt.

Just now, Meliran said:

That said, the reason why people don't really like profane gear is because it's almost like a slap to our face. I've been playing since launch, making plenty of alts, farming 4-6 hours a day, just to get my character to max gear (true pirate + true siren accessories). And then I queue up and get put together with someone who spent 2 days working on gear (since that's how long true profane takes), who thinks they're hot stuff and able to do the same instance that I've worked so hard towards... I think you can see where I'd get a bit hurt.

You know... this is pretty messed up. I can understand a good number of the arguments here. If there's pretty good proof the guy knows he's getting carried and has no business there, then you also got a case. But chances are this theoretical guy would look up to you for having reached the goal he's currently aiming for, if not for the crap he got the moment he tries to do something new.  You "queue up" like it's an elitist club only the strongest have a right to join? Why don't you dedicate a few of those agonizing hours towards finding some equally dedicated friends? Maybe you could even form a guild and teach those scrubs that aspire to do well in game about how best to run the dungeon and what gear they should have.

It's 6am here and I'm probably not thinking my straightest. Heck, you probably aren't either. Just venting frustration and telling forums about an epiphany not entirely thought through. Anyways, world needs more understanding people. The people on the bottom work their way up quicker and those on top are respected all the more for their actions.

22 hours ago, Fuz said:

It's called respect for your fellow players.

you guys are spending too much time on this.

if you think it's unfair for you pirate users to be matched up with a FFA option dungeon que profane users. Then....don't use it. It's a ffa and a bad one at it. 

use F7, it's so simple. 

Or use cross dungeon but create your own lobby. 

People will join with profanes to get carried, naturally. These are the things you can't stop or change if you go cross.  

Archived