REALLY picky players pt. 2

vickahh

24 minutes ago, Kuz said:

i rest my case..

dude yeah sure you died once and he died 5 times.. but thats normal.. since you dont have that much dps you wont get agroo so you did not have to worry about anything.. he probably got agroo all the time and at this point bosses can 100 to 0 you with 1 hit or a combo..

I said, i didnt die a single time, i know reading is hard....that and i had to tank the blue one.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Archess said:

I said, i didnt die a single time, i know reading is hard....that and i had to tank the blue one.

Beacose you didnt get agro....you didnt read that dont you?

Tank with profane?...and youdidnt loose agro?

See? This is why I hate pugs. So dang glad BnS has things you can do just as productive elsewhere.

Both are at fault here, though the "hater" less so because he didn't continue being rude about it (far as we've been told). Actually, that's pretty admirable. Usually a vicious cycle gets going. Bringing it to forums was unnecessary, except to add further proof that pugs are still an annoying if somewhat necessary evil of MMOs.

Are people really this dumb? At best awake siren gives less than 10 points of ap. It's like telling people you need to have a soul equipped to run lab6. Ani cancel skills don't get buffed by siren/pirate, so that's irrelevant. The only real advantage siren has over awakened is crit vs acc. Both of which can be capped with soulshields alone.

Yep I actually blame NCSoft for the growing number of asshats recently

Whats happening here is someone is blaming another person that doesn't have their type of build for failing the dungeon when in actual

fact he may be the culprit for stealing the tanks agro - dying and basically messing up the point of the tanks role

Here's a little info for you morons that said look at videos first before doing dungeons, Its about discovering how to do

it your way not how to go in and know what to do straight away, just watching someone video doesn't mean it will work

for you - you may be a different class, you may not want to keep changing skills etc

TWO THINGS

1.  First time I went into naryu the laser freaked me out and reminded me of Resident evil, the fact I was not expecting it provided

a small part of excitement, something it seems a lot of the players are lacking if they keep looking t how to do it videos

This could be the reason many have low IQ's nowadays - they can't work things out themselves

2. I recently did a dungeon with 3 other people I don't have siren, pirate weapon since I don't feel I need them yet, I spotted something

interesting Myself and the other Destro had good HP and good half/half defence-crit type builds the other 2 had less than half our HP and

builds on hitting very high - these people are the types that say 'You need to get blah blah', Well long story short we spent half the time

having to hold the bosses attacks due to the so called Elite types dying all the freaking time. It had nothing to do with our DPS since the

other destroy had agro on his gears also eventually party was closed by one of the elites as I call them now :)

It seems the high DPS type people that are moaning about others not having better weps are actually getting carried by the smart ones

that don't die within minutes or are they?

Some dungeons like Naryu I get that you need decent gear and knowledge of the run but a lot of people are way too picky in easy dungeons like bloodshade 6 man or even blackram, like really dude those dungeons are easy mode, if you require players in pimp gear just to finish those dungeon then you are just plain bad.

21 minutes ago, DRGoodfellow said:

Here's a little info for you morons that said look at videos first before doing dungeons

Woah woah dude, what's up with the flaming? When I said to check videos I wasn't rude or anything and all of the sudden I'm the moron? Dahell?
Anyways, we usually have announcements 1-2 weeks before update. That's quite a lot of time. So why not to go to youtube, find a guide video of that dungeon or just simple walktrough of your class in that dungeon and that's it? Now it won't make you good at the dungeon, but you will know what to expect. 
It was real pain going once into labyrinth with people who had no idea about dungeon because: 1) 2nd boss and it's mechanics - no one had a single clue how to do it, with explanation, few wipes etc etc took us about 15 mins to clear it. 2) last boss - the boss that I was on was left with 300k HP and meanwhile other boss got killed and our went into rage mode. That wasn't fun. And when I asked after killing boss why they didn't stop DPS and no one came to even the HP their answer was "I didn't knew we had to kill them at same time".... I was like wtf is wrong with you, we have twins in BSH/nightshade that is required to be killed at almost same time and to keep HP even all the time to avoid that constant jumping of their.... And if they would have simply watched any video of that dungeon, they at least would knew what bosses do, their mechanics etc.
It's not about just having better gear, it's about DPS, rage timers and time saving time (I spent about 40-50mins with random party in that dungeon...).

12 minutes ago, TwoPunchMan said:

Some dungeons like Naryu I get that you need decent gear and knowledge of the run but a lot of people are way too picky in easy dungeons like bloodshade 6 man or even blackram, like really dude those dungeons are easy mode, if you require players in pimp gear just to finish those dungeon then you are just plain bad.

Yeh I agree with you in that poh and profane is easy ,bsh not always but if ppl are skilled then yeh.

About those picky ppl...most of them are in there own groups posting (440+ only) 

If those picky ppl are in random search then its theres problems

1 hour ago, Hongmoon said:

Are people really this dumb? At best awake siren gives less than 10 points of ap. It's like telling people you need to have a soul equipped to run lab6. Ani cancel skills don't get buffed by siren/pirate, so that's irrelevant. The only real advantage siren has over awakened is crit vs acc. Both of which can be capped with soulshields alone.

People just love to be exclusionary - at least people who play MMO's.  Even when it's nonsensical.  I saw someone asking for 420+ ap to do 6 man bsh. 

11 minutes ago, odiasuda said:

People just love to be exclusionary - at least people who play MMO's.  Even when it's nonsensical.  I saw someone asking for 420+ ap to do 6 man bsh. 

I saw even higher but i understand that cos its nice to kill Trasher before he starts to spit also its nice to do Slashimi before he start to boil water...oh and spit to^^ and its nice to kill Poharan sooo quick.

So its not so nonsensical.

Its just fast.

Goes to Naryu Lab with Profane weapon, gets moaned at. Goes to forums and makes a thread titled 'REALLY picky players'.

Take a look at yourself mate.

FML. I'd be moaning too and I'd have left the party shortly afterward. There's no wonder you didn't die because you would have done so little damage the bosses and mobs wouldn't have looked twice at you, and with (probably) your Arena Soulshields you have 45k+ hp. Face it, you got carried hard.

Quit crying on forums and go gear up.

I remember how untill 2013 (in my exp) there wasn't this thing of "watch a vid before joining the dg". Honestly, it's a lot more fun to clear a dungeon when everything is unknow, people had to push themselves to the limit and ended up learning more about the game mechanics and also got better at the class they were playing. And yes, it was time consuming (average 40-50 mins per run).

In FF XIV there was a lot of conflict between the ones who support watching guides beforehand and others who want to go adventure mode, specially because of Raid mechanics. It was a topic that never ended but my opinion remains the same. Want a flawless run with heavily geared players? Socialize with them whenever you meet some in pug runs, add and call them to join the next time. There, future premade group made and no one gets stressed. That's what I did back then and whenever I went solo queue in a dungeon, I'd have patience with newbies and explain if needed and also if they wanted... and ofc there are cases of rude newbies who refuse to listen anything and do things on their own, pretty sure a lot of people got killed by the firewalls in here due to that, but hey pug queue is just like that be ready for anything. :p

Regardless, MMOs were about playing with others, helping,etc.. well socializing while at it. Otherwise what's the point of a community based game? But nowadays for a large group it's about their own farm and equipment (a cycle that never ends, complete a char and start again in an alt or repeat when new content is out). It became much more of a individual goal and that's OK as long as people won't mistreat others for having inferior gear and/or different playstyle, it's our own problem if we chose to run with pugs. If wipes happen due to weak equipment, just point out which kind of gear they should aim for so they won't suffer much while playing that specific content.

1 hour ago, DRGoodfellow said:

Yep I actually blame NCSoft for the growing number of asshats recently

Couldn't take your post seriously once I read the first sentence.

Anyways, you guys do realize that this is pretty much a bait post, right?

It was already unnecessary to bring it to the forums because you'll obviously have two sides that will never agree with each other.

Rurotsuke

Then whats the problem...gether ppl that think as you,create guild and play together,help each other.

In everygame with dashboard there always be some kind of elitnes.

Add to that pvp oriented game wirh esports in maind.

And you have answer why is that...cos we will be killing each other ;)

So what if he got carried or dealt less damage? Naryu is cake on the walk it only needs 2-4  geared people. Also it's fun to just help people, I prefer a lovely profane guy who communicates than a 450 AP dude who doesn't talk. It's a fun dungeon it's our best imo so why not enjoy it? If you have 1 -2 pirate rest siren/profane is fine. They still do damage. I know FMs with profane who always get brilliant Bw. So it's not everything 

only problem I see here is quick queue, make ur own group with friends or upgrade ur gear if y insist on cross dungeons. Nobody has the right to judge anyone's gear if u do cross you set yourself up for that kinda thing with pugs 

I honestly wonder wtf you all people who talk all kind of stuff will gonna do if 24man dungeons comes. I really do wonder.

You know what you will do? You will die countless times until you get your shait right, compare what and where and such, see if something needs some more time or some more dps. If you die you die, you try again, learn to have patience or you won't earn anything.

I think its more important to know how to play than having good equipment. Of course there is a limit for everything..

On the other hand there are two parts to "knowing how to play", one part is skill based and the other is knowledge based. You could at least have watched a video about the dungeon - and they should have done the same. The difference between true profane and awakened siren is miniscule to be honest. True to true is a bit more. The pentagonal attack diamond is a better option tho.

@Magdaelena The main problem is this conflict between either elitists or highly individual players  vs casual or new players. My point is, people who wants to play only with others as heavily geared as them could just add each other and do their farming  routine together (I'm only talking of dungeon content here, not PvP), this way no one gets stressed under something that's supposed to entertain everyone. A guild may be an option but many people you meet in cross-server are from different servers so you may only meet up for this specific content.

5 minutes ago, reilo5 said:

So what if he got carried or dealt less damage? Naryu is cake on the walk it only needs 2-4  geared people. 

only problem I see here is quick queue, make ur own group with friends or upgrade ur gear if y insist on cross dungeons. Nobody has the right to judge anyone's gear m, you set yourself up for that kinda thug with pugs 

Lab4 isn´t excactly a cakewalk - and with 2 ppl it´s both timeconsuming and at least same difficulty scaling as Mushins Darkness for both Ido and Raijin/Fuijin.

I run with some pretty hardcore players at times, and none of them did it 2 person run yet. It´s probably doable in duo - but cakewalk?!

If I go Lab4, I have every right to leave a party I don´t deem worthy - mainly I look for the class combination and max hp rather than AP.

I know by experience that the run tend to get alot better if I have at least 1 tank (KFM, Another Summoner or BM) with me and none of the party members has less than 35k HP.

If we have tankability in the party - usually the ones that don´t know their role, can be taught and the run will succeed. However, if the party has no tank, and low hp - high AP means little and the run tends to get alot harder even with experienced players.

Personally I dislike having more than 1 Sin in my party if we are going 4mans epic dungeons - they die too often and can´t tank at all - I have nothing against the players who play Sin, I just don´t like them in BSH4 or Lab4 - especially more than 1. Like Lab4 party with 2 x Sin + 1 FM + me (summoner) is in-optimal mix, where as a much more optimal would be : 1 KFM + 1 FM + 2 Sum

So bottomline. If I think the party is gonna be a waste of time, I am not gonna participate, and I wish them good luck. No trashtalk or hard feelings.

I actually meant if you had at least 2 geared people in a full 6 man group you'd get it done no problems. Unless of course people don't pay attention to the game mechanics...

i have done it 2 man, also on my smnr both ido and the last boss. It's not mushin caliber but we were both smnrs, it was just to try, I just go as 4 ppl. Smnr smnr, bd, fm mostly. 

I just never ever use the cross for naryu only friends or f7

Could six random people with profane weapons clear the lab by themselves?

No. They most likely couldn't.

Meaning that every time you want to go in there witha a profane weapon, you are banking on others to make up the difference. 

That's what's ticking me off.

7 minutes ago, Yamazen said:

Could six random people with profane weapons clear the lab by themselves?

No. They most likely couldn't.

Meaning that every time you want to go in there witha a profane weapon, you arbanking on others to make up the difference. 

That's what's ticking me off.

How about profane with +25 atk diamond?

Archived