REALLY picky players pt. 2

vickahh

If you read my last forum about his topic, cool :3

Anyways, yes I don't have siren weapon yet but I attempted to try the new naryu labrynth dungeon, a 6 man party not 4.

And of course since I have profane someone told me "why do profane queued for this" and yes, everyone in the party had siren except one had pirate.

So I told this guy "it's not about just my weapon even though less dmg, it's how you play....hater"

We went in and yes I died once because it's my first time and I didn't know the laser kills you automatically.

BUT this guy giving me crap died 5 times!! LOL guess someone doesn't know how to play their character

I even had to res them and take them away to revive since I am a des.

Quick story from a "profane player" ;D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason why people don't like profanes in such dungeons is because of rage timers. Too low dps = rage mode on bosses = fail.
If there would be no timers people wouldn't give a damn. Just be understanding and farm up for siren weapon before you  go something harder.
Also, not to be rude, but I kinda dislike people like you, who go to a new dungeons (new = harder than others lel) and don't even watch a video of it's walktrough guide " We went in and yes I died once because it's my first time and I didn't know the laser kills you automatically. "

15 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Also, not to be rude, but I kinda dislike people like you, who go to a new dungeons (new = harder than others lel) and don't even watch a video of it's walktrough guide " We went in and yes I died once because it's my first time and I didn't know the laser kills you automatically. "

^ This.

I don't think that person was being too harsh cause he didn't shit talk you. 

It's not entirely about how you play either because gear does play its part. Obviously if you join a pug you will be judged based on gear because there's no other way to tell. It doesn't help that it's your first time either. There's no excuse for not being prepared for it simply by looking up a video or reading a quick guide.

Not sure what you expected going in the first time with no prep and not warning your members. Crappy gear is just something extra to add to the blame.

What matters is whatever gear u have how constant is ur dps.

Lets say a bm with siren that blocks evade n hit compare to an Fm with profane that dont evade much n constatly hit so sure profane fm will dps more.

So dont jadge from gear .

Ps i dont do dung exept if i feel burn out from arena

9 minutes ago, AndJerry said:

I will say this straight out.

Nobody gives a sh*t how many times you died

. It's about contributing in clearing dungeon. Amount of damage you did and what you did to make the bosses easier. I hate people like you because you went in to get carried. It was your first time so you probably didn't do anything to help out the party except just dpsing boss. Your profane weapon can do little portion of damage compared to your party so you didn't do your share of dps. So what did you do?

You did nothing.

OMG you  are stupid  if you die  you do 0 DPS  until you revive,  and if someone comes to revive you then  2x players have 0 DPS, so yeah 400+Ap players   that are dead are more worthless than a 350Ap alive and kicking.  

I can kill the mobs just fine and I help out when another player needs it so we can move on.

I don't run around avoiding and get carried, aightttttt

Just saying!

And I was just curious as to what the dungeon was, even if I did get *cricket* about my weapon

So yeah I could've watched some video on it but I didn't and now I know what it looks like

Just checking out the new content like everybody else >_>

Lol thanks for telling me folks XD

6 minutes ago, vickahh said:

I can kill the mobs just fine and I help out when another player needs it so we can move on.

Just saying!

And I was just curious as to what the dungeon was, even if I did get *cricket* about my weapon

So yeah I could've watched some video on it but I didn't and now I know what it looks like

Dont worry about those ppl

Just do ur thing try not be deadweight dont feel sad if u have profane just do ur best n its fine

5 minutes ago, TheHorror said:

OMG you  are stupid  if you die  you do 0 DPS  until you revive,  and if someone comes to revive you then  2x players have 0 DPS, so yeah 400+Ap players   that are dead are more worthless than a 350Ap alive and kicking.  

Sure, running dungeon is not all about dps. Players need to know what the hell they are doing. But with profane weapon, even if you know what the hell you are doing, you can never do enough because of your 350 AP. Dungeon does require understanding of mechanisms, but gear is also required. I wonder.. will you say the same for let's say people joining dungeon with blue dokumo weapon? There is always acceptable cut-off line, and for me, profane feels not much different from dokumo weapon in naryu. Check your brain before you start calling someone stupid. And grow up.

4 minutes ago, vickahh said:

Just saying!

See that is the main problem why i avoid going to new dungeons alone without clan... Low-geared people "trying out" new continent. It might be fun to you, but not fun for us to carry you. You people always think from your side that you want to try not thinking about others. Get into decent clan and do with them.

20 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

What matters is whatever gear u have how constant is ur dps.

Lets say a bm with siren that blocks evade n hit compare to an Fm with profane that dont evade much n constatly hit so sure profane fm will dps more.

So dont jadge from gear .

Ps i dont do dung exept if i feel burn out from arena

Urrmm wat? As a Bm main all I can say that it all depends on me that FM and other DPS classes could just stand there and do damage. If I loose aggro as a Bm and lets say FM gets an aggro he will have to start kiting which will result in less DPS from him, also boss will start running which will make harder for other party members to hit the boss. When BM tanks and boss stands in one place it's easier for whole party.
Now to make perfect situation for a party where BM holds aggro he needs good gear. Why? To keep up with some damage along with using threat skills and blocking evading (block and evade at last milisecond to do as much dmg as you can, it takes time to learn doe). 
Now what is my point is that gear matters. Better tank you have - the better DPS class (in your example FM) you can take with you. Better geared people = more time spent in this game people = more experienced people. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

See that is the main problem why i avoid going to new dungeons alone without clan... Low-geared people "trying out" new continent. It might be fun to you, but not fun for us to carry you. You people always think from your side that you want to try not thinking about others. Get into decent clan and do with them.

Urrmm wat? As a Bm main all I can say that it all depends on me that FM and other DPS classes could just stand there and do damage. If I loose aggro as a Bm and lets say FM gets an aggro he will have to start kiting which will result in less DPS from him, also boss will start running which will make harder for other party members to hit the boss. When BM tanks and boss stands in one place it's easier for whole party.
Now to make perfect situation for a party where BM holds aggro he needs good gear. Why? To keep up with some damage along with using threat skills and blocking evading (block and evade at last milisecond to do as much dmg as you can, it takes time to learn doe). 
Now what is my point is that geitar matters. Better tank you have - the better DPS class (in your example FM) you can take with you. Better geared people = more time spent in this game people = more experienced people. Simple as that.

It was an example dont hold on that.

This dung os easy doable with 4 ppl so having 2 lower geared aint a problem..problem is the pve elitist ppl they think killing a mob with patterns ia an achivement xd

Just now, azraelkun said:

It was an example dont hold on that.

This dung os easy doable with 4 ppl so having 2 lower geared aint a problem..problem is the pve elitist ppl they think killing a mob with patterns ia an achivement xd

It's not that, it's more about saving time. Like you have so much dailies to do which takes a lot of time and when you need to spend 40mins on a dungeon which can be done in 20 isn't really cool

3 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

It's not that, it's more about saving time. Like you have so much dailies to do which takes a lot of time and when you need to spend 40mins on a dungeon which can be done in 20 isn't really cool

Allow me now to save u time.

Stop doing dailies exept misty n beach then go spam 3v3 get like 90 to 120 extra soulstones sell them for like x28silver=25 gold to 34.

Did that save u time n make u rich ...yes

It is a two-way street. Leech off other players, expect grief. Rage against Newbies and Lowbies because they are not "good," expect them to be reluctant to ever help or ever improve. Newbies should try to be as prepared as possible although that sometimes comes in the form of many questions before, during and after the dungeon run. On the other hand, the more experienced players should be trying to groom the newer, weaker players. Or the next time you can not find a team, don't cry on chat about it. You reap what you sow. Both ways.

Personally - I often have to explain the dungeon tactics to the group if we are going to succeed.

I care less about +420 AP, but more about

1) Competence of players/ ability to understand and follow simple guidelines given to them

2) HP bar that exceeds 39k (less than that, gives very little room for errors)

27 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Allow me now to save u time.

Stop doing dailies exept misty n beach then go spam 3v3 get like 90 to 120 extra soulstones sell them for like x28silver=25 gold to 34.

Did that save u time n make u rich ...yes

Will that give me equipment that is non tradeble? No

i am going to tell you what is the problem..

while you might be the exception of the rule (good player with medium gear).. there is a bunch of ppl unprepared and clueless about how the game or even his character works.. and since there are so many, ppl just avoid them entirely..

is not just now and is not going to change.. when silverfrost comes will be the same story looking for 500+ AP.. the thing is, noone likes to be 30 to 60min in a dungeon and fail.. its a waste of time obviously.. 

adding to this, bosses have rage timers, so if you dont have enough dps you will fail.. ppl to avoid this, they simply look for better geared players.. this does not ensures they are "good" but since they have put more effort in their character, is more likely to know his character since he is spending time getting better than a medium profane character that more than likely has other 6 characters with the same gear not putting any effort to learn how to play 1.. 

10 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Will that give me equipment that is non tradeble? No

Nope u need to get weapon from dung to upgrade whatever u have...but that is like 2 3 runs right!

I think today ill que cross server n go with my training dagger with 0 durability n troll ppl hehe fun times ^^

2 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

The reason why people don't like profanes in such dungeons is because of rage timers. Too low dps = rage mode on bosses = fail.
If there would be no timers people wouldn't give a damn. Just be understanding and farm up for siren weapon before you  go something harder.

You can only do it the first time just once, looking up guides spoils everything a new dungeon is supposed to do, be new.

I went in for the first time too, didnt watch any guides, have true profane and infernal accesories and didnt die a single time while clearing it, while a couple of pirates where on the floor each boss, its not like the pve content is rocket science and you cannot judge someones performance by just their items, ive got 4 lvl 45's all with true profane atm, its a bit harder to keep each of them at max upgrade.

12 minutes ago, Archess said:

ive got 4 lvl 45's all with true profane atm, its a bit harder to keep each of them at max upgrade.

i rest my case..

dude yeah sure you died once and he died 5 times.. but thats normal.. since you dont have that much dps you wont get agroo so you did not have to worry about anything.. he probably got agroo all the time and at this point bosses can 100 to 0 you with 1 hit or a combo..

1 hour ago, Spyroxion said:

Now what is my point is that gear matters.

That`s not exactly true. If you take a look at BM`s or KFM`s skill tree you will see both can keep up +150% threat buff during the whole fight (except some phases where they can`t fight boss). That means anyone who wants to steal agro needs to do 2,5x dmg of tank. That`s not that easy task if tank is doing dmg properly, even if he has lower gear.
The most cases when someone else gets agro are:
1) Tank isn`t using his threat buffs.
2) Tank isn`t doing dmg properly and wates to much time blocking.
3) Tank doesn`t know the boss pattern well and gets CCed.

4) Summoner uses cat to taunt boss.

So while you need some decent gear, being skilled is for holding agro more important than having BiS gear.

6-man naryu does not have a picky attack power requirement imo, even though personally I am already at awakened pirate 10.

The thing with dungeons is just that you gotta know what you're doing, the more attack power the better. having true profane 10 is probably the lowest acceptable for 6 mans though, since having an true infernal 10 at level 45 means you're probably just lazy af or you just hit the level cap.

People do get salty/mad/tilted/pissed when someone has really crappy stats, but those are things on the surface that people can see, and people judge you with those stats because that's the only thing they can judge you on until you show them your skills.

If you don't wanna get flamed by randoms and ruin your day, might as well upgrade your weapon soon, do some dailies get some more attack power, it's a win-win situation. But ignore these stupid people who flame you for your gear, no one upgrades their weapon in one day and no one knows how long you have been playing this game.

They're just salty bastards.

6 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

That`s not exactly true. If you take a look at BM`s or KFM`s skill tree you will see both can keep up +150% threat buff during the whole fight (except some phases where they can`t fight boss). That means anyone who wants to steal agro needs to do 2,5x dmg of tank. That`s not that easy task if tank is doing dmg properly, even if he has lower gear.

So while you need some decent gear, being skilled is for holding agro more important than having BiS gear.

As you said...150% of theirs dps....if he go low gear he quickly loose agro.

1 minute ago, Dlacik said:

I like how you quoted me and tell me about something that I have wrote already. If you would read again you would notice me saying using threat skills (your #1 point) and also blocking/evading at last milisecond (your #2 point) and also said it takes time to learn it (kinda same goes to your #3). I don't know why are you trying to look smarter just by saying same as others just giving more text. 
And you say it's hard to do 2.5x more dmg... Ok lets say in party there is profane weapon/infernal accs BM and true pirate weapon/siren accessories FM.,BM won't hold aggro for too long.... Also don't forget that profane weapons don't give any crit or piercing stats which are quite important

Archived