Quitting Review - BnS is pretty hollow.

Emperium

14 hours ago, Brand X said:

Only TERA and WildStar equal BnS to me.  Other's are the tab target MMOs that people generally say they don't want in masses on the forums, but then you hear something different from masses in the game :p

Try Dragon's Prophet. much better than Wildstar (when it comes to combat) in my opinion. Shame it's so underrated... It's a pretty good game.

7 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

i thought the reason we play mmo is for grinding, raiding and pvp.

._. lol RP is a minority(still dont know why people do these, to scratch their fetish itch?).

raiding is already available in future content(asia) and we will get eventually

housing(never gonna get that)

pets are coming 

minigames(very little here but i didnt even bother doing those on gw2)

exploration(games pretty linear due to the retarded amount of invisible walls) 

mounts destroy the need for windwalk. 

Believe it or not, if you played MMOs since Baldur's Gate and EverQuest, MMOs are made for the sole purpose of RPing. That's why they're called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. It was only when Korea struck gold with Ragnarok Online where MMOs took more focus on the meta game and virtual competition. MMOs back in the day were about immersing yourself in new fantasy worlds along with thousands of other players. This is not true however for most Korean and Taiwanese MMOs hence why a lot of the settings and quest lines feel half-assed or don't make sense at all.

Agreed about the windwalk though. Imo, Blade and Soul has the best movement mechanics in an MMO (aside from the bad pathing collision when you try to climb cliffs or ledges). 

1 minute ago, qpoljanan said:

Believe it or not, if you played MMOs since Baldur's Gate and EverQuest, MMOs are made for the sole purpose of RPing. That's why they're called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. It was only when Korea struck gold with Ragnarok Online where MMOs took more focus on the meta game and virtual competition. MMOs back in the day were about immersing yourself in new fantasy worlds along with thousands of other players. This is not true however for most Korean and Taiwanese MMOs hence why a lot of the settings and quest lines feel half-assed or don't make sense at all.

Agreed about the windwalk though. Imo, Blade and Soul has the best movement mechanics in an MMO (aside from the bad pathing collision when you try to climb cliffs or ledges). 

honestly i would have personally loved gaming for immersion but the only time i ever feel a sense of that in pretty much any mmo i play is during the levelling process. once max cap is reached, well...

2 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

honestly i would have personally loved gaming for immersion but the only time i ever feel a sense of that in pretty much any mmo i play is during the levelling process. once max cap is reached, well...

That's because gaming communities nowadays are filled with 13 yo trash. 

17 hours ago, Emperium said:

Hello everyone, not another "I QUIT BNS SUCKS" rant post but just someone giving their final thoughts on the game.

I've played to 45 and beaten most PVE content, 1700-1800 on Arena 1v1, not a Pro but I would consider myself an experienced player.  As the Bot situation escalates on a daily basis, I've been considering what to really do about this game.  Also Black Desert coming out draws my attention away as well.  Finally I made the decision to move to Black Desert instead of HOPING that one day they will fix bots.  Which they won't, why?  Korea and all other regions still have Bots, so how can they fix it here if they can't fix it in the older regions, not gonna happen folks, don't keep your hopes up.

Black Desert has no bots because you can't trade gold, even in the AH.  That's another story, not here to promote BDO.  Looking at Blade and Soul, I was ok with Bots in the beginning, they didn't bother me and I didn't see them much.  Nowadays, every arena, every instance, while doing pvp daily, all I see are Bots.  It makes me want to play less and less thinking how the game is so riddled with Bots everywhere.

So I analyzed a little bit more to see if I want to play BnS I have to live with Bots, is BnS still worth play?  I say not really.

In the beginning, there's alot of hype around BnS, but that was 6 years ago.  Yes I love the combat system, the graphic is nice too, but what does this game really boils down to.

As for gameplay and questing, you are constantly entering Caves (one kind or another) to do quests, I can't remember how many caves I had to go in to while leveling to 45. I caught myself thinking, damn another cave?  Oh well. Then end game is basically all dailies every day with 24 mans being all Zergs, and 6 mans are just like blue dungeons.  And don't get me started with Mushin's tower, that is such a waste of time and it is exactly like all those other Mobile games out there (Seven Knight).

But what about other ways to play?  Is there another way?  Crafting is all crap, PVP is full of bots, what else can you really do in BnS really?

PVE - Repetitive Easy Content (bots)

Crafting - Useless

PVP (Bots)

??? Farm for customs?  Oh yeah they are character bound, GG no Re.

So in conclusion, Blade and Soul is just a fancier version of a mobile RPG game.  The graphics and gameplay is great but the end game content and how you progressive is so predictable and repetitive.  

Viridiin - Cinderland - moonwater - silverfrost - ?? - ??

You know what's coming next, in terms of item progression and type of game play.  With Silverfrost, you will be doing the same thing- Dailies.  Grind Grind Grind the same quest, dungeon and mobs to upgrade your weapon.

This game is pretty hollow at its core and really doesn't live up to the hype at all.

Let's see how Black Desert is.

PS I could give you me gold, but you will get banned for RMT, better not risk it.

HF and next time dont try to get atention for leaving, thanks for the review even thou you seem to have no clue of whats coming with the game, but well im not gonna waste my time to explain it to someone that leaves anyway, dont worry if you complain about BnS grinding, you are not gonna last long on BDO, you will see what i mean :)

18 hours ago, Emperium said:

Black Desert has no bots because you can't trade gold, even in the AH.  That's another story, not here to promote BDO. 

I wouldn't count on this staying true forever.  BDO doesn't have bots yet.  It certainly has gold spammers and I suspect the bots aren't far behind.  BDO is also a much newer game.  So enjoy it while it lasts.

For the record I'm enjoying both games.

18 hours ago, Emperium said:

This game is pretty hollow at its core and really doesn't live up to the hype at all.

Let's see how Black Desert is.

From what I have read, it is even more hollow, as there is no endgame content even for you to grind.

Again I am not here to discuss how good or bad BDO is, it really just how Hollow BnS is, especially with Bots being apart of all aspects of gameplay.  Open world, daily, Arena, dungeons, whispers, mails, forums, chat.  This is a serious problem that depletes your interest in the game, and I don't see them solving. 

Please correct me if I am wrong but other regions still have bots, so what makes you think they can fix it here?

As for BDO, I haven't played yet but I did alot of research and it does have grind yes, but it also has other activities you can do in a RPG sandbox.  I am ok with grind if I am not forced to do the same thing over and over again.  IE Daily, Mushin, PVP dailies, etc.

Other things you can do in BDO.

Fishing

Gathering

Horse Taming

Horse Breeding

Actually good professions

Housing

Exploration

NPC conversations

and I know much much more.

As a whole I feel like it offers more than BNS has,  anyways, again not here to promote it.  Blade and Soul is so Hollow, all it has is the combat system.

Just now, Emperium said:

Again I am not here to discuss how good or bad BDO is, it really just how Hollow BnS is, especially with Bots being apart of all aspects of gameplay.  Open world, daily, Arena, dungeons, whispers, mails, forums, chat.  This is a serious problem that depletes your interest in the game, and I don't see them solving. 

Please correct me if I am wrong but other regions still have bots, so what makes you think they can fix it here?

As for BDO, I haven't played yet but I did alot of research and it does have grind yes, but it also has other activities you can do in a RPG sandbox.  I am ok with grind if I am not forced to do the same thing over and over again.  IE Daily, Mushin, PVP dailies, etc.

Fishing

Gathering

Horse Taming

Horse Breeding

Housing

Exploration

NPC conversations

As a whole I feel like it offers more than BNS has,  anyways, again not here to promote it.  Blade and Soul is so Hollow, all it has is the combat system.

That sounds more like Skyrim, its good if you are into those kind of games, but if  you are not gets boring easily

19 hours ago, Emperium said:

Black Desert has no bots because you can't trade gold, even in the AH.  

But i see sites selling silvers so they have bots ;)

5 M Black Silver = 60 Bucks lool

Also some people sell for beer, the player after needs sell the beer at auction house to receive the silver.

Also that game is not for me i got bored of GW2 because end game pvp and Black Desert is same Guild vs Guild castle battle so no.

2 hours ago, Emperium said:

Fishing

Gathering

Horse Taming

Horse Breeding

Housing

Exploration

NPC conversations

You remind me of a 6 year old that still believes in Santa Claus. The idea of him is so magical and amazing until you find out that it was your dad in his boxers that was eating the cookies and putting the presents under the tree.

What's the moral? Your dreams will be crushed. 

8 minutes ago, Aluvis said:

You remind me of a 6 year old that still believes in Santa Claus. The idea of him is so magical and amazing until you find out that it was your dad in his boxers that was eating the cookies and putting the presents under the tree.

What's the moral? Your dreams will be crushed. 

Most games today have at least 2 of those what he wrote, B&S is one of few game that doesn't offer anything else beside endless grind or arena PvP. Anything else in the game is pretty much useless.

Unless you grind dungeons all day for either soulshields which are easy to get,or moonwater tear for gold you can basically either PvP in arena or just log off

Crafting is shit,not only it's totally not profitable it also takes too long to do so again log off if you're crafting. Selling soulstones,premium clay and moonwater tear will actually get you your money faster then setting up craft for moonwater trans.stones and then selling them.

And even if it took less time it would still be non rewarding considering you would mostly do it just to sell for gold and then you wouldn't have need to farm dungeon for money and if you don't like PvP you can log off.

Doesn't offer any world exploration or anything similar thats why we will never see mounts probably,and even if they put them they would be pretty much useless.

4 hours ago, Emperium said:

Blade and Soul is so Hollow, all it has is the combat system.

Good. Combat is all it should need IMO. From the sounds of it, BDO is like Second Life + PvP-oriented combat. None of which is my thing. At least BnS focus on what I consider its better aspect and it's all better for it.

Frankly, that's all on you, not the game.

19 hours ago, sleyes said:

In Blade and Soul, however, there is ONLY the grind. Grind thru quests to level; grind dailies for gold; grind Arena for beans. All of this to upgrade your weapon/shields so you can grind some more.

But what about other game systems?

Housing? Nope

Crafting? Are you kidding me?

AH/Economy "game"? Trade one or two item types, but what's the point if you can just buy gold with your credit card?

Roleplay? I don't think so.

Mount/Pet collecting? Nope.

Minigames? Spinning the wheels is hardly fun

Exploration? Nope - it's all on a rail

Raiding? Not really.

Crafting is crap in this game, yes. Time-based crafts that can be needlessly time-consuming, too many guilds crafting something required for progression. It's either that or farming gold to buy the crafted stuff from others, but it's a major bottleneck for progression.

Everything else you brought up, though? All overrated as *cricket* and ultimately superfluous.

4 hours ago, Emperium said:

Fishing

Gathering

Horse Taming

Horse Breeding

Housing

Exploration

NPC conversations

I wont lie.  Crafting has always been one of the most boring things of an MMO for me.  :p  So, if all BDO has over BnS is better crafting but not as good combat, I have to give the win to BnS.  :p

However, you don't have to do pvp dailies, you can just pvp to pvp :p  Have a whole thing dedicated to 1 on 1 and 3 on 3 pvp.  :p  There's also RPing.  I'm sure there's exploration, as I know I haven't been to every corner of the BnS map.

All MMOs are about grinding, though.  :p  It's how they keep you.  Even the original mmos.  

I've played enough Korean MMOs to know that the grind was gonna be the focal point of the game. But it's no where near as bad as other games, (looking at you Pre-Big Bang Maplestory). I casually got my Warlock to 45 in about 3 days. The grind isn't so bad when you're whining and complaining to your friends that are doing it with you so they can be more prepared for the next upcoming content for us.

I do wish they'd change the real-world time based crafting. I hated crafting and that was even more of a turn off for me to not even be bothered with it. So all that extra nonsense in BDO is not appealing to me so, I'm sure I'd get bored of it too.

Nevertheless, BNS has been out for a month an a half.... It's not an excuse, but damn, relax. People will always hit a ceiling because content can't come out as fast as players that reach the end. And you don't want to release all the content at once because once you hit that, then people will always be wanting more. Not everyone will be happy, no matter what game you play. 

Archived