Blade and soul original (JP/KR/CN) storyline???

drkn335

Hey,

I have heard many people saying that the story line we have is really different from the JP/KR/CN version and that the translation has been really changed. Has anyone played the JP/CN or KR version who can tell me what the original storyline is in the eastern versions of the game please???

Thank you! :)

Haven't been really paying attention but so far the gist seems to be:

You're infected by the Black Rose because every protagonist needs some dark, edgy power for some reason

Jinseoyeon wants you to join the dark side

Everybody is after Mushin's power.

Namsoyoo is a two-faced *cricket*

I'm not sure how bad translation could mess that up. 

SPOILER

=======

Someone in the forums mentioned several things. The one is Ilsim, who killed Iksanun. After hearing that Iksanun is his father, he apparently commited Harakiri in the original version. Also the "scholar" who is investigating the Lycans is a pervert in the original story while here he's an honorable researcher. I've also read a small comment of an ex-translator who said that they were forced to completely rewrite different parts of the story.

59 minutes ago, Celestine said:

SPOILER

=======

Someone in the forums mentioned several things. The one is Ilsim, who killed Iksanun. After hearing that Iksanun is his father, he apparently commited Harakiri in the original version. Also the "scholar" who is investigating the Lycans is a pervert in the original story while here he's an honorable researcher. I've also read a small comment of an ex-translator who said that they were forced to completely rewrite different parts of the story.

Spoiler 

Iksanun deserved that stab ... 

remember the comment Jinseoyun gave him 

"Children, killing their Parent. Nothing new in this rotten world"

that was actually what Iksanun said when he refused to believe in Jin

4 hours ago, qpoljanan said:

Haven't been really paying attention but so far the gist seems to be:

You're infected by the Black Rose because every protagonist needs some dark, edgy power for some reason

Jinseoyeon wants you to join the dark side

Everybody is after Mushin's power.

Namsoyoo is a two-faced *cricket*

I'm not sure how bad translation could mess that up. 

The mark of the black rose doesn't grant you some kind of power or ability, it's a disease. You're basically dying for a majority of the game. It was very poorly explained in our version, though.

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

SPOILER

=======

Il-Sim only commited suicide in the korean beta. It was changed for launch. 

As for OP, you're honestly better off watching these videos. It's a fansub of the korean storyline with english subtitles. 

Archived