qpoljanan

Why is it that you can't buy items individually?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Eckin said:

Reading is hard: the thread.

 

I wish we could sort the market by amount, so I could avoid manually searching for the 1 piece only seller.

 

Sigh. I wish other people comprehended suggestions as easily as you do. Something so simple should not have been overlooked when you consider the game's market place goes far enough to give you statistics on how much an item is selling for per peice.

 

Anyway, this is a lost cause. If what Cthulhu has said is correct and the market UI has remained unchanged since 2011, then might as well suck it up. Heck the market does not even have numbered pages meaning you have to click that next button over and over. 

Edited by qpoljanan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bezerko   
54 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

 

Sigh. I wish other people comprehended suggestions as easily as you do. Something so simple should not have been overlooked when you consider the game's market place goes far enough to give you statistics on how much an item is selling for per peice.

 

Anyway, this is a lost cause. If what Cthulhu has said is correct and the market UI has remained unchanged since 2011, then might as well suck it up. Heck the market does not even have numbered pages meaning you have to click that next button over and over. 

 

The problem here isn't reading comprehension.  The problem is with the wording of your original post.  So let me paraphase it so other people understand what you're actually requesting.  You're requesting that they add a feature to the marketplace that allows the buyer to sort listings by the quantity of the items being sold.

 

I will support that idea.

 

I do not support the idea that a seller's stacks can be split by the buyer, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

I do not support the idea that a seller's stacks can be split by the buyer, however.

And what exactly is wrong should such option be available? Oh wait, nevermind, a rhetoric question. Choosable buy quantity would be the best thing to happen to this bad joke of economy in B&S.

 

More competition, better prices. Don't wanna give up the market spot to a stronger competitor? Stop selling then, wait out, or buy the competition out. Your misadjusting of stack size is your own fault. Just like some players complaining that Soulstone prices are gone down so much due to arena bots.

 

Well, start competing with the bot prices then, or wait till the bot supply dries out. I don't really give a shit where does the material comes, as long as the price is right. Who the *cricket* is going to buy a 300 kilo factory batch of baking soda, when that one kilo consumer package lasts for months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KaLnoX   
7 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

 

The problem here isn't reading comprehension.  The problem is with the wording of your original post.  So let me paraphase it so other people understand what you're actually requesting.  You're requesting that they add a feature to the marketplace that allows the buyer to sort listings by the quantity of the items being sold.

 

I will support that idea.

 

I do not support the idea that a seller's stacks can be split by the buyer, however.

Yea, there should be another column that sorts by quantity not that its a major problem anyway. I just sort from lowest to highest, then make my way 3 or 4 pages though to find a single unit item which usually goes for slightly bit more per unit than if you buy in bulk.

And tbh, I'd rather sell my goods with all but one or two sale slots each full with single units that go for 70%-100%  more per unit than if you paid for more in bulk. That extra charge is for me offering to sell you per unit. And the one or two sale slots thats filled with bulk bundles, those go for middle or mid top price on the market. I understand what op is saying but he shouldnt beat up over it. You cant get mad at booming business.....unless you're the one not making money. It is how it is man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akamu   
4 hours ago, ketone said:

why don't you go take Economics101 to fill up your empty brain? You will learn why you can't buy them individually.

 


You're idiotic if you think that dictates a video game.

The reality of it is this company is inept and idiotic. We have tons of bots everywhere, poor/non-existent optimization, unstable servers, the one event I've witness was an utter joke, they've made sure to release several groups of outfits. Heck, even their annoying IP verification is a hassle. Somebody verified my account from china less than a day after I'd logged in from the US. If that doesn't trigger concern, I don't know what does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ketone   
17 minutes ago, Akamu said:


You're idiotic if you think that dictates a video game.

The reality of it is this company is inept and idiotic. We have tons of bots everywhere, poor/non-existent optimization, unstable servers, the one event I've witness was an utter joke, they've made sure to release several groups of outfits. Heck, even their annoying IP verification is a hassle. Somebody verified my account from china less than a day after I'd logged in from the US. If that doesn't trigger concern, I don't know what does.

That's why you are just an idiotic poor student. The company purposely made this in this way, so that you can only purchase stuff in bulks, not individually. It's all about economics and adjusting gold inflation. You better do some research or at least try to use 0.00000000000000000000001% of your brain. Cut the game time, and go to school get some educations

Edited by ketone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bezerko   
30 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

And what exactly is wrong should such option be available? Oh wait, nevermind, a rhetoric question. Choosable buy quantity would be the best thing to happen to this bad joke of economy in B&S.

 

More competition, better prices. Don't wanna give up the market spot to a stronger competitor? Stop selling then, wait out, or buy the competition out. Your misadjusting of stack size is your own fault. Just like some players complaining that Soulstone prices are gone down so much due to arena bots.

 

Well, start competing with the bot prices then, or wait till the bot supply dries out. I don't really give a shit where does the material comes, as long as the price is right. Who the *cricket* is going to buy a 300 kilo factory batch of baking soda, when that one kilo consumer package lasts for months.

 

It doesn't really matter whether or not you want to be able to split the seller's stacks.  It's the seller's right to list items they acquired in the game that they played however they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bezerko said:

 

It doesn't really matter whether or not you want to be able to split the seller's stacks.  It's the seller's right to list items they acquired in the game that they played however they want.

Of course it's fine to put up as big stacks on sale as the game permits, nothing wrong with that. But a free division from that stack is what the economy needs. Besides, with a stack of 20 Cinderlands Transformation Stones (for example) both parties lose.

 

Only a handful is ever needed per character, and you as the seller would still have to cope with the listing fee, which is always a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pico   
4 hours ago, Cthulhuu said:

Well, this game is a study in perpetual frustration, and using Occam's razor as a guide in discerning why it came to our market in such a state after so many years in other markets as a live game & beta-testing here in the West, I am leaning toward the hypothesis that this is a deliberate design for some purpose, possibly a study in behavioral mechanics as it relates to game theory.  It is not incompetence in design, nor do I think it is negligence, because a company this big with over $1.2 billion in assets would not hire folks to design a failed system unless they had a purpose to do so.  And, in the meantime, they are raking in the cash while people throw themselves against this system trying to figure it out.

 

Some proof can be seen in the RNG aspect, which I have stated in other areas as actually being an unregulated Dynamic Game Blancing (DGB) system instead of a true RNG system.  The fact that there are keys in the cash shop which have a guarantee of getting you what you desire from a loot box, so they can skew the drop rate to the company's advantage, and almost guarantee some people will just give up and buy the keys from the shop.  Another proof are the RNG boxes from the cash shop, which is Social Casino Gambling at its finest, and it too is currently unregulated by law.  A real casino is governed by many laws, with guaranteed percentages for payouts; what we are seeing here and other similar games is not.  Another proof is when you try to open a box, there is no percentage drop rate range for the items within, only a "%" sign next to the item, but again, if you buy a key then it is almost certainly guaranteed.  

 

The crafting system is completely unbalanced, bordering on chaos, and will drive you to tears the more you look at it.  Take a look at trying to get the "Craftsman" or the "Legendary Artisan" titles, where you have to completely level each profession, then drop them for the next to level another one, etc., and each time you lose all of your progress only to return to zero if you want that profession again after already maxing it out previously!

 

The list goes on and on, and is being discussed here in the forums ad nauseam on a daily basis with almost zero Developer input or response.  Remember the WoW Corrupted Blood incident back in 2005?  The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other academic entities studied that event exhaustively and published peer-reviewed papers on it.  MMO's provide a vast and rich environment for academic research purposes in behavior mechanics, especially their economic systems (Eve Online is a good example), and bots have garnered their own academic research and international symposiums on the subject.  

 

Anyway, this is a small observational sample, and why I am leaning more toward a gaming system with a deliberate design in place for a specific purpose of some sort as yet to be determined. 

   I have made the same observation about KR games but thought that maybe I was overly paranoid.  It does seem like KR developers are running a  psychology experiment at times. One case in point is the Misty faction dailies; these dailies are designed to encourage players to get into parties, but the area where players are required to free prisoners only the individual gets credit for it. It in itself is a small thing, but since none of the other tasks work like this it an interesting design choice.

  Back to the thread Topic: I do know that with higher ranks of premium a player can list more items in the Cash shop.  So maybe the ability to not buy individually is intentional to give the premium perk some weight.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, guys. Nobodies stacks are going to be split. Have you guys really not encountered this kind of system before?

 

Say you put up for auction 1 stack of 500 marbles. I see your listing but I only need 211. So I click buy item, then a small window pops up where I type how many marbles I'm going to buy, with the maximum amount being 500. So I buy 211 of your marbles, so that means you only have 289 marbles left. You're not at a loss here since you still get the money I bought it with (adjusted with fees of course since the market already calculates the tax based per piece). How hard is this to understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ketone said:

That's why you are just an idiotic poor student. The company purposely made this in this way, so that you can only purchase stuff in bulks, not individually. It's all about economics and adjusting gold inflation. You better do some research or at least try to use 0.00000000000000000000001% of your brain. Cut the game time, and go to school get some educations

You ought to know what you're talking about before making a statement like that.

 

The key factors controlling inflation in this game are the rate at which gold is awarded via quests/loot and the gold sinks (NPC shops/upgrade costs) - versus the rate at which goods/loot are obtained/produced in this game, as well as corresponding demand. Stuff like MWTS is obviously inelastic since it's required to advance and there are no substitutes. Stuff like Sparkling Hexagonal gems, not so much, since people can get away with Sparkling Pentagonal gems at this point and prioritize evolving their accessories.

 

The marketplace interface is largely irrelevant with regards to inflation. You will incur selling expenses regardless of whether you sell items individually or in bulk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lissy   

I actually really hope they add this feature. Then I can list a stack of 20 of a weapon for 24+ hours and not wonder if someone will buy it... because people can pick and choose what they want from the stack or buy the whole stack if they want. Then I don't have to waste my listings putting them in smaller stacks

 

Please implement this NCSoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone how the game taxes you in a way that takes a lot of the profit you would've had, sometimes making it unprofitable?

 

And if you are starting to profit, it increases the tax on you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ketone   
21 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

You ought to know what you're talking about before making a statement like that.

 

The key factors controlling inflation in this game are the rate at which gold is awarded via quests/loot and the gold sinks (NPC shops/upgrade costs) - versus the rate at which goods/loot are obtained/produced in this game, as well as corresponding demand. Stuff like MWTS is obviously inelastic since it's required to advance and there are no substitutes. Stuff like Sparkling Hexagonal gems, not so much, since people can get away with Sparkling Pentagonal gems at this point and prioritize evolving their accessories.

 

The marketplace interface is largely irrelevant with regards to inflation. You will incur selling expenses regardless of whether you sell items individually or in bulk.

You are just a pure stupid. How is this not related to market economics and gold fluctuations? Think about taxes (gold cuts), profits and loss. Another stupid poor student with ZERO knowledge in Economics. cut your game time and go to school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VRock   

hahah WHY THE PERSONS ARE DUMB?! They  *try* to sell like 50 MWT(bulk) for 1 silver each but I sell 1 MWT 3 silver each ;) (this is just a example of price)

 

who going to sell? ME, because i sell each MWT individually! and this works because i do all the time ^_^

Is not the problem of the game!The problem are dumb people selling in bulk instead individually!  

Edited by VRock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ketone said:

You are just a pure stupid. How is this not related to market economics and gold fluctuations? Think about taxes (gold cuts), profits and loss. Another stupid poor student with ZERO knowledge in Economics. cut your game time and go to school

So instead of explaining yourself, your only resort is ad hominem. Nice try, but you might be the one in need of school.

 

That's not how it works. Allowing players to buy a single or partial stack out of a market listing DOES NOT have significant ramifications on inflation in the game economy. The listing and commission fees still apply - whether you buy 1 Moonwater stone, or 5, or 20 out of a stack of 100.

 

Let's put it this way. When was the last time any major developed country banned retailers from selling individual or partial quantities out of a bulk listing - in an attempt to implement monetary policy?

 

No, the proper method is to have the central bank/federal reserve adjust lending rates, issue or buy back bonds, adjust reserve requirements, and so forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SWTOR you could sell in large stacks if you wanted and people could buy as many or as few as they wanted. A much better system than what we have here. The majority of the huge stacks are from botters anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serbine   

Some of these comments make me wanna bang my head, how are you gonna lose out on making money if someone buy some of your materials? It'll still be up on the Auction House If you got leftover, some other player will come and eat up the rest, simple right? not that difficult to understand, and I agree with the topic creator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gewd   

The reason why this isn't done is because people ran out of marketplace slots.

 

If you ask ncsoft to remove the marketplace slots from premium then there wouldn't be this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fruitie   

Managed to see someone try to sell 27 (or something ridiculous) l dokumo razors for like 1.5g each. Such a waste of fees.

Edited by fruitie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vexe   

You guys keep bawling that allowing splitting during purchases would fix the current economy...

But you fail to realize that this system is currently designed around forbidding this. Eliminate auction fees or completely change the way they work first.  Currently the seller is the one choosing how much to sell and the reason the items are cheap is because they're giving you a bulk discount.

 

Guess what, though? That won't *cricket*ing fix anything anyways, coz the reason this game's economy went down the toilet are the completely broken professions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is anyone crying over this topic. You put 200 dumplings in the market guy buys 20 leaves you with 180 another guy buys 15 so on and so on till there all gone. Transformation stones 5-6 gold each you put a bulk of 20 you think they will sell as fast if people could buy the amount they want instead of all 20 at a time? No people will refresh market until they find a seller selling the 2 they need. When you could have easily sold the 20 to 10 different players if they had the option to chose 2 in the same amount of time. At whatever price you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   

To make the stacks splittable, there's another thing in auction house that needs to be addressed.

 

Namely, the "auction" part of the "auction" house. Even though most people are using it for buy-now functionality, I can't see a simple solution to have an auction working with splittable lots. So for that to happen, bid functionality has to be removed or remade, and logic around auction fees reviewed.

 

(item # or max total price filter or whatever should totally exist so I'm not addressing those)

 

 

Edited by Enhance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty simple. People want to make money off of their batches. They don't want to hit the daily selling cap. And to gain profit they  sell in large batches where you have to buy them all. 

This is pretty simple. People want to make money off of their batches. They don't want to hit the daily selling cap. And to gain profit they  sell in large batches where you have to buy them all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now