Forums

warlock, cant hang boys and girls

lunaray

Ive tried a second time. quit at level 29. now at level 34. don't know if i can make it. I know some people love it and I applaud them. I know some hate it and it needs to be fixed. I see the their point. Low hp, Minimum dps, long cooldowns. But I'm trying. Yall don't slam me to hard pls. I'm still working on the class. Haven't gave up yet.

keep at it, it was a slow start for me aswell, but once I hit 45 I went into arena got gold in around 30 mins, and pve is a blast. since your at 34 now you should have most of the key skills, for pve try speccing into rupture/dragoncall/wingstorm when you get into the pvp scene swap dragoncall for dragon helix, and use wingstorm to proc it, (toss a leech in there from time to time) once you get the rotations down to muscle memory you can watch opponents play the floor is lava and dance around the arena.

4 hours ago, ghostlymetal said:

keep at it, it was a slow start for me aswell, but once I hit 45 I went into arena got gold in around 30 mins, and pve is a blast. since your at 34 now you should have most of the key skills, for pve try speccing into rupture/dragoncall/wingstorm when you get into the pvp scene swap dragoncall for dragon helix, and use wingstorm to proc it, (toss a leech in there from time to time) once you get the rotations down to muscle memory you can watch opponents play the floor is lava and dance around the arena.

i believe this person. we just got to persevere.  stand strong and push forward!

though i am now worried because i am level 40 and i have no idea what this dude's talking about. 

4 hours ago, lunaray said:

Ive tried a second time. quit at level 29. now at level 34. don't know if i can make it. I know some people love it and I applaud them. I know some hate it and it needs to be fixed. I see the their point. Low hp, Minimum dps, long cooldowns. But I'm trying. Yall don't slam me to hard pls. I'm still working on the class. Haven't gave up yet.

Are you sure you are building it properly? cause I didnt have any issue to lvl it to 45, in fact it was easier than the other classes I lvled to 45 and trust me I hate Warlock I just got it to 45 cause I want the costume for my chars lol. 

Try this build it helped quite a lot on lvling: https://bnstree.com/WL/NJIcvnlng prioritise the skills in this order (without the legendary skill on dragoncall ofc) Dragoncall>wingstorm>rupture>quell>leech>shackle. Literally just do wingstorm and spam rupture + dragoncall on every hit of wingstorm once you did 3 hits of wingstorm use leech then you will be able to cast x3 wingstorm again and do again rupture+dragoncall.

PS: this only applies to lvling according to tryhard WL pve players at lvl 45 is different rotation

So far I've played BM, Sin and Scummoner 'till 45 so decided to create my WL this saturday and did a leveling marathon from 1-43 non-stop. Did my best to keep it nicely geared after transfer my other chars money (like having maxed awakened blight right after getting the drop,etc each at their right requirement). Early game was great, a lot of pew pew power just with mouse atacks.. untill lvl 30 it was alright, just aggro a group of mobs and usually 1 shot with skill #4 (I haven't memorized the names lol). But once I stepped into the lvl 33+ quests, it got rough :x Besides having the body of a glass cannon (with 4 pieces of lvl 34 scorpion  and 4 of purple lvl 20 shields) I wasn't dealing enough dps to kill in 1 shot anymore, main issue was being atacked by 2 or 3 ranged mobs so from that point on I always needed my Thrall up to help... previous to this I barely had to use it.

At lvl 36 having the ToE shield felt like a must and I saw some desperate warlocks bidding from 50s to 1G for a piece. oO''

Now at 43 with awakened profane lvl 5 and full profane shield, I can do quests "ok". The dps is really good in group-content, for solo gameplay it's a bit meh after skills #4 and "V" are on CD (both can be used twice in a row with the right rotation), I have to rely on RMB procs with "F" to deal a somewhat decent (1.3k+) dmg.

Summoner was a lot faster and easier to level not only because the cat can aggro and tank mobs, but sunflower is kinda insane. Most MMOs I played summoners tend to be support with average dps.. in here they are OP (long as you have decent crit-chance). Once spec'ed, Thrall can do a good amount of damage and be summoned every 13 secs.

All in all.. I like the class, I'll invest in it rather than my assassin and summoner, they may deal more damage (not sure about the sin) but the gameplay of warlock got me interested. Try sticking to it as for now the real gameplay starts at lvl 45. :)

The hugest con of playing a Warlock though is the price of breakthrough weaps. Either pray to RNG or suck it up on 3G for corrupted weap and 1.9G+ for Dokumo. ;x

2 hours ago, Renesmee said:

i believe this person. we just got to persevere.  stand strong and push forward!

though i am now worried because i am level 40 and i have no idea what this dude's talking about. 

Man... you really need to google some info about your class hehehe

@OP My Main now is WL ( Played it on JP and love it)
About skills CD,it is the big deal with WL, you need to spec some skill to decrease the CD of the others, for example, Rupture to get CD for Dragoncall.
But if you dont want to be aware of  3 or 4 for CDs at the same time you can just build a "dark" build... in that case you need to use Dragon Helix (#4 move 3), V to proc it and #3 (speced) and F (leech) to reset V CD and make the rotation, u can also use RMB Move 4 to decrease the CD of V and F(rupture) to get some extra Espectral orb to use #4 again.

with this you dont have too much CD and got almost everything with instant cast that make thing easy to use #1, Z ans SS to defend yourself.

You can actually solo everything with a warlock. In cases where others are failing due to no real boss CC or just simply weak damage output and getting hit (caused by high ping), the warlock on the other hand has a freaking good kind of balancing those issues. 

First of all, you start with skilling your stuff. Dragoncall, meh, I kinda not like that one, instead, the Helix, super uber combo damager.

Skill the Dragon Helix line. Wingstorm, go for the first or second column. Imprison and the other skill (2+3 combo), go for their first column. Mantra, first column. F skills, both first column.

Start with V proccing for 4 and F. Watch out not to proc your Leech in those cycles!

Tab (spawn your thrall) + Q (distracts the enemy by jumping at em). 

V + F + 4 > LMB + 4 > F + 4 > F (Leech this time, resets Wingstorm)

Repeat! If you want to reset Wingstorm once again AFTER your second cycle, go for 2 + 3, important!! WAIT for the 5 ticks! You will get 3 of those spec orbs if you are lucky during the ticking and will reset Wingstorm IF you can land the last tick successfully. 

Repeat the cycle. 

I've always made it till my third cycle, by killing all bosses till Hakan, without dying nor running quite low on health. Sure, you have to use iframe skills (SS, or 3 if knocked down > switches places with your thrall), C to avoid any kind of stun and such, and Y for a literally "SS immunity and resistance in place". 

Until 36'ish ur basically one shotting everything with dragon call and leveling cant be much faster. After 36'ish it was one of the most frustrating classes for me to level since when you aoe stuff and there is one ranged guy in there ur basically dead since you need your aoe damage for the pulled mobs, dont have many protective abilities (bastion, cant really see ranged duded in a aoe to block or i just suck with wl block) and this still is a bigger problem for my warlock at 45 than with any of my other classes. 

BUT i still love the warlock more than my other twinks and i guess i'll gear it up just for fun after my main is pretty much maxed. I'm just a bit annoyed that dragon helix seems to be stronger than the normal dragon call since that's why i play the class and i wont change it lol. Even tho, i guess with the hm book dragoncall might be stronger (cast twice on crit)? Dunno. Love the class, maybe i suck a bit. Just leveled it as a twink for now. Also speccing sanctum to non-target mode might help with the ranged mobs, but i dont have the points over :P

Until 36'ish ur basically one shotting everything with dragon call and leveling cant be much faster. After 36'ish it was one of the most frustrating classes for me to level since when you aoe stuff and there is one ranged guy in there ur basically dead since you need your aoe damage for the pulled mobs, dont have many protective abilities (bastion, cant really see ranged duded in a aoe to block or i just suck with wl block) and this still is a bigger problem for my warlock at 45 than with any of my other classes. 

BUT i still love the warlock more than my other twinks and i guess i'll gear it up just for fun after my main is pretty much maxed. I'm just a bit annoyed that dragon helix seems to be stronger than the normal dragon call since that's why i play the class and i wont change it lol. Even tho, i guess with the hm book dragoncall might be stronger (cast twice on crit)? Dunno. Love the class, maybe i suck a bit. Just leveled it as a twink for now. Also speccing sanctum to non-target mode might help with the ranged mobs, but i dont have the points over :P

Not all classes will be for everyone. I already hit 45 on my lock and been doing the dungeon content now. I've been having fun, also been noticing that, of the supposed "weak" DPS class, I sure do get aggro a lot on bosses, but I haven't completely figured out aggro mechanics. Slowly working on gearing my girl up, and hope to have her ready to go sooner or later.

9 hours ago, lunaray said:

Somebody bring me my drink! Before I get angry!

Jk :p. Hang in there, and take it slow. Good luck ^^

*LOL@ Low DPS! For PVE leveling WL is insane stupid OP, I can kite and pull entire area then bind them and aoe + dragong call, most of the time they all died before you cast dragon call...oh, minus range mobs cuase you're dead if there more than 2 range mobs :P

*I was spec'ed WL with my own and when I got into BSH, I got face rolled try in solo group and semi group bosses So I just use the game recommended skill spec and it's fixed my error (put point into not needed skills) and everything work nice.

*LOL@ Low DPS! For PVE leveling WL is insane stupid OP, I can kite and pull entire area then bind them and aoe + dragong call, most of the time they all died before you cast dragon call...oh, minus range mobs cuase you're dead if there more than 2 range mobs :P

*I was spec'ed WL with my own and when I got into BSH, I got face rolled try in solo group and semi group bosses So I just use the game recommended skill spec and it's fixed my error (put point into not needed skills) and everything work nice.

Been 45 a few days now. I can tell ya, parties will love you especially if you have even half a brain. Once you hit 45, learn the dungeons and learn when to soulburn. Suddenly, bosses are down to 30% and your party is just like "WTF JUST HAPPENED?". I feel like 90% of the dungeons I run now, I have to prepare for a Warlock Q&A lol. Also, there are small things that makes this class super fun. In some dungeons, your group will run past mobs. You can toss your thrall on the mini-bosses (if you guys don't have to kill it) and let the Thrall tank then reset it so you guys can keep moving (mostly in Poharan). Then there are the times where if your group slip up and dies or you go down, your Thrall will actually stay alive until you're fully dead. I used this last night to keep a boss going after my group died and we were able to res up and finish the boss.

This class def won't be for everyone but for the ones wanting to main it, it's really REALLY fun. I got to gold at level 32 and my gear is becoming decent now. If you can make it, it really does get more fun but if you just find that you're really not enjoying it, there are always other options to try.

Been 45 a few days now. I can tell ya, parties will love you especially if you have even half a brain. Once you hit 45, learn the dungeons and learn when to soulburn. Suddenly, bosses are down to 30% and your party is just like "WTF JUST HAPPENED?". I feel like 90% of the dungeons I run now, I have to prepare for a Warlock Q&A lol. Also, there are small things that makes this class super fun. In some dungeons, your group will run past mobs. You can toss your thrall on the mini-bosses (if you guys don't have to kill it) and let the Thrall tank then reset it so you guys can keep moving (mostly in Poharan). Then there are the times where if your group slip up and dies or you go down, your Thrall will actually stay alive until you're fully dead. I used this last night to keep a boss going after my group died and we were able to res up and finish the boss.

This class def won't be for everyone but for the ones wanting to main it, it's really REALLY fun. I got to gold at level 32 and my gear is becoming decent now. If you can make it, it really does get more fun but if you just find that you're really not enjoying it, there are always other options to try.

Archived