Faction inbalance. is it even going to be looked at

touchers

majority of 1 faction is dominating the other in basically every server due to the bots. just wondering if this is ever going to be addressed because even the pve concept of misty woods is almost impossible w.o a party. This annoyance will just make some of the player base leave especially if they are new players and not geared at all. no insig farm for the faction losing. just curious if they are going to adress that.

Would making Faction Choice fluid help? As in, you would be given both Cerulean and Crimson Outfits, when you select an outfit to equip, you are told that because of balance you will be Cerulean or Crimson for that session? For example, if your Clan is exceptionally large and all tended to  log in at the same basic times, affecting balance, would they enjoy competing against friends to keep things even or would that be weird? Obviously with multiple channels, this would have to be a very reactive system. Just throwing that out there as a Newbie. Still not really at the level were this has come up for me.

Edit: No idea how to account for Bots but again, they have not really come up as an issue for me yet.

Michelle

1 minute ago, touchers said:

if you're saying there isnt a problem then you are probably on the winning side. js. and u just cap  1 side ez fix

Do you know why there is double agent achievement? becouse u can always switch factions to do a quest easy ........... srsly do a damn quest why you are cerulian.i am not doing it becouse i have high rank  on my crimson  for level 50 release

then what is the point of a guild if you are just constantly faction swapping? if you played any game ever that had a faction war you would know that this isnt how the faction pvp was intented. 2:1 maybe. 3:1 might be bad but doable. 5:1 uh no gtfo

No, because faction imbalance is not caused by game mechanics. You have to plead the players, but rest assured, nobody gives a damn. OWPVP's functions are pointless, and the only purpose it serves are the dailies, and the easier and it is for the most, the better, which why everybody keeps stacking.

Players being lazy...

Misty woods daily easy done with 6 man team...together with kills u dont need more then 15min to finish it...even less....but u guys lazy to make squad for it

Wyrm,Terror = easy done by any faction who have wish and sombody to organzie those raids

It's going to stay like this. The bots are the problem, but as you can see, they are still swarming the game. Ban waves never helped, there needs to be a way to prevent them from even entering, and the devs don't bother with that.

Just go Cerulean, don't make your life harder by getting messed over by bots. I speak from experience, I also had to go cerulean because of this, and it's way better. Constant BW and terror kills, no need to suffer for dailies.

Remove the NPC that allows you to switch factions. Apparently the bots are counted as real players and I see no effort on the company's part to even get rid of bots reported when i see the same ones day after day doing the same thing. Hell they don't even switch locations because they have zero fear of anything being done. Now for the rest IDC what side anyone's on, But when some poor person is doing nothing but trying to finish a daily and it takes 10+ people from a dominating side to chase them down and kill them that's completely the zerger's fault. Let the guy finish his damn quest no need to be a ass just because you got 9 people backing you up. Open world pvp is a joke on both sides the dominating side because they think there good because they can kill random people with numbers that are completely unnecessary and the other side because there getting screwed out of gear and gold everyday it continues. 

3 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

Thought you RAGE QUIT

I did about an hour ago (not out of rage btw, the problems the game has were just building up, piling on me with time, and I've reached the point where I've decided they're not worth dealing with, not worth my time). I was talking about my experiences with factions.

16 minutes ago, elliv said:

oh really? then what's this, must be a real struggle finding red for your daily kill quest

Anyway let's ignore that 1 quest,

it wouldnt be this bad if people keep sticking instead of falling to temptation of becoming traitors. Those bandwagoners (like you) are the one who make things worse, making the wound deeper. And often they bring their whole guild flipped to the winning side.

Make it that it cost 100 gold to switch to ceruleans (majority faction). And spread those accumulated gold to the minority faction via bonus silver payout on faction quests.

It's possible I made it worse by switching, but the problem's source is not on me. The devs need to get rid of the bots, which are the source of the problem. It's not fair to punish a player for joining one faction, just because he/she didn't have prior knowledge of the bot infestation. And making the switch cost 100g is also insane, it again punishes the player, takes away free will because of bots.

3 minutes ago, TSLlolz said:

I did about an hour ago

Then why are you still here

You say it is Not Worth Your precious time.... But you are still here spending time on it....

God people do not like a Game ok great just quit.... I have never understood the need to tell people I do not know I quit playing a game.

Just now, Nickilli said:

Then why are you still here

As I've said in my post, I'm leaving feedback for the developers to work with (if they choose to). I'm about to go sleep and likely won't return, so I thought why not do them a favor and at least leave some feedback, that they can improve the game on.

Poharan's faction chat is more or less the dominant CO constantly making fun of CRIM and ganking us in horde of 20, glitchingly ripping us off the safezone tower into death before the screen loads in. Assassins stealth jumping up onto the tower and ganking before their sealth ends and jumping off safely. The server inbalance is so bad 95% of the new warlocks are CO. There is a guild called ex-Crimson that all swapped and they got 60 full members in 4hours. I find it funny that the "faction balance" page that suggests both sides are "even" is clearly bugged and stuck which make people who are ignorant think otherwise.

If you go to the starter town, you will see who have been keeping the faction balance.

Our destroyer crimson bots which spam /f. They are all reds.

1 minute ago, TSLlolz said:

As I've said in my post, I'm leaving feedback for the developers to work with (if they choose to). I'm about to go sleep and likely won't return, so I thought why not do them a favor and at least leave some feedback, that they can improve the game on.

if you were leaving feedback for the GMs/Devs you would have PMed them or sent a ticket not stood up on a soap box and shouted I QUIT to the world.

I think the members of the lower population faction should receive bonus faction quest rewards like double or triple soulstones or more gold. They should be awarded more because it's more difficult to complete the faction quests. There needs to be an incentive to be on the lower population faction. If there's an incentive, the faction populations will naturally even themselves out.

It's very hard to balance this but what I would say is that clans have to adapt to these circumstances. As proposed above, form 4-6 man parties to do your faction quests. Either use your clan as intended (to help you out) or find a channel that's free of the opposing side. It can be tough I know but there's always a way.

Either give incentive to join the other side in order to keep it balanced: More rewards / exp for the faction being dominantly overpowered.

Force channel fairness. Only X amount of blues & reds can be on a channel total. For example only 30 blues and 30 reds can be in one channel with a cap of 60. This way even if blues try to flood they can only get a certain amount in. this would make it much more even for reds trying to do things since no matter how many total blues there are on a server, they can never disporportionally outweigh reds on any faction area channel.

There are other things as well that other mmo's have done but the idea's escape me. They better do something cause honestly factions are pointless if one faction is completely locked out of the benefits of it due to imbalance.

I wrote it in another thread. This is the first MMO without a PvP battleground. Putting an empty arena and duel timer is no PvP battleground. Also putting a blackwyrm somewhere and declaring it owPvP is just lazy and sheer insolence.

What's so hard doing a battleground like every other MMO has? Same numbers of red and blue, objectives (CTF, whatever) and that's it. We don't expect a clever idea like Kumasylum in Tera (3 players play as boss monsters against 10, CTF objective). But at least even out the numbers. Do the camp in Misty Woods as one zone and allow max. 30 players per zone, auto-assign.

I think providing a solution is just as important as stating the problem, what can be possibly done.

In other games with a battlegrounds such as Aion (another NCWest game) damage buff is given to the faction that is losing the Abyss by a large difference - but BnS has no battlegrounds,

To further trying to balance the factions in Aion, they started to give incentives to level the weaker faction with free PvP gear sets and other goodies - but cant do this in BnS as you can switch faction whenever you choose - and it is just human nature to go with the winning side, plus there isn't really any PvP gear in here.

Archived