NCSOFT Please Add Attack Power Restrictions To Dungeons.

DreadX

On 2016-03-31 at 1:52 AM, Lunakitty said:

I have notice this behavior with the elitists who have certain amount of AP like 450+. Especially in Tomb of the Exile it's getting really annoying when they rush so that half of the team is dead and then they don't bother coming to revive. In worst cases you get blocked so far away that you cannot finish the daily quests.

I avoid dungeons at all cost unless I need an item for my breakthrough.

On 2016-03-31 at 2:29 AM, Ziggy Nils said:

That has been my issue with 4 out of 5 groups I've been in for dungeons. I hardly run them now, just do a few dailies, the daily dash and logout.

I get it people want to get their dungeons faster but waiting for 30secs to a min won't slow anyone down at all.

In most MMORPG I always play a healer or tank. So people always have to wait for me. I don't know but waiting a few mins for everyone doesn't really seem that bad to me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, spongemike said:

I avoid dungeons at all cost unless I need an item for my breakthrough.

Tomb of the Exile is good for getting 2 Soulstones so people at high level do it for only that or for the outfits. Yes that is important amount when the player (me) sucks at pvp so much that it's pointless to try.

On 2016/3/29 at 6:18 AM, TofuChicken said:

So true but i had a run today with 2 profane guys and lvl 43 gear is just to low for lvl 50 instances ...

Well that was for 45, things do change quite a bit in 50 dungeons, but still it possible, not with profane for sure, to pass 50 bosses.

On 3/31/2016 at 7:39 PM, CuddlyBunneh said:

What I find it funny is the  amount of  players that want 470+ AP for the new purples

when i ran that shit in the JP server 200+ping and in Awaken Devil Axe

which is the equalized of True Siren 

yeti boss on NA/EU have x2 hp then JP and timers are the same so... yes its harder.

btw i dont understand why people complain about something like 470ap?arent this very easy to get?true siren gear can put you around 490 and you can farm he mats for it so easy now.there is lots of players with 530ap+ already,i even saw 585 FM  yesterday  470 is  mid AP not high.

however in general i find the idea of adding AP restriction for this dungeons idiotic.its really easy content guys its  not DPS race,its boss mechanic execution and new players need to learn them so they have to do dungeon runs even with lower gear.and to be honest if you have 3 people around 500ap the other 3 can  be infernal gear  you will still kill the yeti as long as 500ap players understand how boss work.now some people will say " but i want clean fast run" well then make a premade.

This game needs something at the end of a dungeon similar to what DCUO had. It was basically a score board but showed how much damage each dps did, how much healing out the healers did, etc for each player. This was at the end of the dungeon/raid though. It was useful because people could see how much they were contributing to the group and if they needed to or could improve in any area. For BnS, they could add things like Damage Output, Damage Taken, Percentage of threat during the dungeon run, and really just any useful thing we could think of. We all know some would find a way to use this to avoid grouping with certain people but they'll do that before the run even starts, if they intended to. This could be more so for each person to see how they are doing in a dungeon run.

Let's say 5 people with over 500ap decides to pug Yeti with LFP cross server and the 6th person has true profane with around 350ap or so. The run would still be really smooth and quick but the 350AP player wouldn't truly know how little damage they did and how little they contributed. I've seen far too many seriously under geared players in Silverfrost since its release. I have nothing against people with lower stats but some of them have even as bad as profane soul shields lvl42 and other cheap junk soul shields yet the BSH shields are so insanely easy to get that there's just no excuse for not having those before even considering going into Silverfrost, these people also are likely to die often. In beastbog the other day, random invites, group of random people. One of them were under geared this way and died against skilled warriors often and died fast against Bay Lee.

I don't care about other peoples stats that much but at that time I was inspecting people to see who had Yeti and Scorpio shields so I could see how some of the stats on some were because a few days ago was when I got around to starting on the top dungeons for level 50. Yeti could probably be done with a 400AP group if no one died or screwed up. With a 440AP group, most mechanics of the fight can be ignored, including the fire bombs on the ice circles. Anything over 440AP would be elistists, people just wanting a faster run, or people doing 4man. You can just about, or maybe even, get 400AP with true profane, definitely can with Awakened Siren and by time getting to Awakened Pirate, should be over 450AP.

Awakened Siren is extremely easy to get to and cheap compared to other upgrades, true siren isn't bad, going through pirate can get a bit expensive but by time someone gets awakened siren then ventures into Silverfrost, they should be able to see that gold is easy to come by now so the cost of things like trans stones isn't a big deal at that point. Before silverfrost, gold was a slow grind but now I can play 2-3 hours and make anywhere between 30-50g, more if I sold the 75-100 soul stones I'll also get but I keep those for upgrades. At 400AP, things will take longer, less groups you can join but go through all the easier dailies in silverfrost, they pay out good still. 400AP will easily and quickly get you through all dungeons except Yeti so there's a lot of gold to be made.

Get the AP up more then host or join groups of higher AP to get them done faster unless you have time to kill then everyone else's AP won't matter as much. There's really only two reasons someone can't pull their own weight in a dungeon. It's either too lazy to put in some time to upgrade gear, obtain soul shields etc or lack there of skill. Someone mentioned weeding out noobs. Nothing wrong with people of lesser skill but this game already does weed them out somewhat, if you include that you need things from mushin's tower if you take the pirate upgrade path which is a lot cheaper than the new path with oathbreaker. I don't consider myself to be a great player but certainly good enough. When I got to pirate, I started going through all of mushin's tower for the warrior tokens and the deva weapon but that didn't take long at all, especially if you go through every floor.

Anyways, I don't believe there are as many elitists in this game as some may think. If anyone wants to see a game full of elitists, Tera was that game last I as on it over a year ago. I think it's more so that not everyone has unlimited time to spend on here and would like to get certain dungeons completed without spending an excess amount of time with either wiping or a boss enraging and causing a wipe. If that happens then most likely 1 or more people will leave and then it's difficult to get anyone that joins to stay. This doesn't seem to be a problem in silverfrost but I seen my share of it with Naryu lab.

On 2016-04-02 at 9:15 PM, Lunakitty said:

Tomb of the Exile is good for getting 2 Soulstones so people at high level do it for only that or for the outfits. Yes that is important amount when the player (me) sucks at pvp so much that it's pointless to try.

Now that you mention Tomb of Exile couple of days ago I was in there with my summoner. And there are 2 lvl18 Destroyer  and 1lvl 20 Summoner in there @@ along with a lv 45 BM. Anyways the staff for summoner drop and the lvl 20 summoner keep out bidding me. I am pretty sure she is an alt as she put in as much as 3gold for it. Even have the nerve to mock me lol.

What they should do is put a level restriction on the character as well. A lvl 20 summoner have on place in Tomb of Exile since she is on her face first 3 seconds in the fight.  Most likely the lower levels is an alt and have their weapons upgraded to they can enter the high level duogens. Really pisses me off. I don't even dare to run the lvl 45 dugeons even though I am at 45 because of my gear.

Archived