NCSOFT Please Add Attack Power Restrictions To Dungeons.

DreadX

Stop pressing the LFP button, instead join or create a lobby. This way you can kick all the people who don't meet your requirements. I don't understand what's so hard about that. Stop being lazy. This whole suggestion is just asking the game to do the exact same thing just doing it for you.

Just how much does NCsoft have to babysit you?

Stop being babies.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh it would be REAL helpful to have a guideline of AP requirements for the new 50 dungeons, especially the 4 level 50 blues.  I'm at 422 AP (25ap diamond) and very near awakened pirate.  I'm finding my other sources are of gold (poh/Bsh 24 and their 6 mans) are getting harder to queue for so I'm going to have to start doing newer dungeons.

6 - Man Yeti

Myself - 50 HM 5 BM(480 ish ap, Pirate stuffs and 25 ap). Played decent, destroyer played better than me.

Destroyer - 49 HM 3 (geared well enough, 430 ish and could play his character), nice group member. Played very well.

Force Master - 49 HM 2 (enough for this, 400 ish ap) Played well enough to complete a typical queue but not nearly well enough to carry in this group. Solid group member.

*Skummoner - 49 HM 1 Profane Weapon +7ap Gem (340 ish ap and no other gems), Infernal Accessories and PROFANE SOUL SHIELD Without ANY FUSION. Could not afford a dragon blood, never picked up one and could not type or play. * Somewhere around 28k hp, dead 99% of all three encounters.

Kung Fu Master - 49 HM 1 (390 ish ap) (no clue how to do dungeon, apparently was also deaf and mute). Alive for 50% of all three encounters.

Blade Master - 49 HM 1 (390 ish ap, really nice person but could not Iframe a single attack, dead on the floor 95% of all three encounters).

Why are the top three players being forced to try to carry the bottom three players. 3 guys in this scenario are putting effort into there gear and character, 3 players are not and very selfishly are attempting to be carried to free lewts. There is currently zero recourse in this situation, you carry or drop because the free loaders will not have the decency to realize you cant carry them and drop on there on. If I could carry those guys I would, I am super nice and never say negative stuff to people but this group was predestined to fail from the onset. Myself, the destro and summoner kept getting him to aroud 25% before enrage, we were literally trying to three man it. The destro may have been good enough to be in a group like that, but I most certainly am not.

Is 400 AP / 35k hp really to high of a bar for the purple dungeons ? Should it be 390, I dont actually know what the numbers should be, but there should be some type of "You cannot do this no matter how skilled you are threshold". I am sure other people do not handle this nearly as nicely as me and the other two decent players did.

People that aren't quite above 400 AP and with better Soul Shields yet will probably do plenty of Supply Chain and Harbor. For one, new lvl cap will make completing them even easier now, plus accessories still require Poharan Gun Oil (I refuse to call it perfume, because that's NOT what it is) and Hae Mujin's Machismo. Also, 24-man version still are an excellent and, more important, easy source of income that was made even easier with this update. That's for weapons.

For Soul Shields, expect some to aim for Labyrinth/Tower set if they think Yeti/Scorpion in Silverfrost are too hard for them at first. And I can say from experience now, as long as you get a 25 AP Diamond (it's expensive at 15g+ before the update but still well worth the investment regardless) and do the main story quests as far as you're allowed, you should be at lvl 49 with 30-40k+ HP and closer to 400 AP without going past True Profane weapon + Awakened Infernal accessories, so at least getting a decent PUG to farm Labyrinth for its Soul Shield set should start to become easier now. It's only a matter of getting experience of handling the dungeon well from there.

Besides, with rumors that number of gem slots become randomized if you go the Oathbreaker weapon path, people are more likely than ever now to go the Siren -> Pirate path instead. So don't worry, the 'endgame' in Moonwater isn't going to become THAT obsolete anytime soon. If not for the gears/mats, people will farm them for the gold.

@KatHead: So 400+ AP is acceptable for new Heroic dungeons, as long as they know how they work? Doesn't sound that much worse than Labyrinth to me then, which is good. I was afraid they would be less immediately accessible than that. Good news for those farming for better Soul Shield sets, I presume.

On 3/27/2016 at 0:34 PM, Tsuchiryu said:

People that aren't quite above 400 AP and with better Soul Shields yet will probably do plenty of Supply Chain and Harbor. For one, new lvl cap will make completing them even easier now, plus accessories still require Poharan Gun Oil (I refuse to call it perfume, because that's NOT what it is) and Hae Mujin's Machismo. Also, 24-man version still are an excellent and, more important, easy source of income that was made even easier with this update. That's for weapons.

For Soul Shields, expect some to aim for Labyrinth/Tower set if they think Yeti/Scorpion in Silverfrost are too hard for them at first. And I can say from experience now, as long as you get a 25 AP Diamond (it's expensive at 15g+ before the update but still well worth the investment regardless) and do the main story quests as far as you're allowed, you should be at lvl 49 with 30-40k+ HP and closer to 400 AP without going past True Profane weapon + Awakened Infernal accessories, so at least getting a decent PUG to farm Labyrinth for its Soul Shield set should start to become easier now. It's only a matter of getting experience of handling the dungeon well from there.

Besides, with rumors that number of gem slots become randomized if you go the Oathbreaker weapon path, people are more likely than ever now to go the Siren -> Pirate path instead. So don't worry, the 'endgame' in Moonwater isn't going to become THAT obsolete anytime soon. If not for the gears/mats, people will farm them for the gold.

@KatHead: So 400+ AP is acceptable for new Heroic dungeons, as long as they know how they work? Doesn't sound that much worse than Labyrinth to me then, which is good. I was afraid they would be less immediately accessible than that. Good news for those farming for better Soul Shield sets, I presume.

I am most certainly no pve expert, but me and two others were getting to 20 - 25 % before enrage with almost no help. I would assume non lagging average players would be fine, again though I am not certain. I am only spamming that dungeon to get back above 50% crit, being under that sucks for questing and well everything. 

A certain item (or attack power) requirement isn't the only thing they need to add. They need to add an ability to kick people from the instances! Some people don't play as a party at all - my Naryu Labyrinth run just included one summoner for whatever reason, didn't want to have her cat attack the adds. Needless to say, all the adds started to kill off everyone else and not once did she throw petals to help alleviate pressure from projectiles or have her cat go anywhere near the adds.

Blade & Soul lack so many basic MMO/MMORPG features. I understand it's an older game but it seems the game devs have never played a game in their life.

On 26. 3. 2016 at 1:40 PM, Chnmmr said:

Tbh it would be REAL helpful to have a guideline of AP requirements for the new 50 dungeons, especially the 4 level 50 blues.  I'm at 422 AP (25ap diamond) and very near awakened pirate.  I'm finding my other sources are of gold (poh/Bsh 24 and their 6 mans) are getting harder to queue for so I'm going to have to start doing newer dungeons.

No reason to worry. Ive done maybe 20 times new blue dungeons and it was faceroll every time.

New blue dungeons are easy to do with around 400 AP. I reached that AP without going past True Profane weapon or Awakened Infernal accessories and simply getting to lvl 49/50 via main story quests. Granted, you'll need a 25 AP Diamond, but reaching the amount of gold required to buy one from Marketplace shouldn't take much more than a few days dedicated to a daily rotation. Heck, you'll probably get there with the main story quest rewards.

My problem with this is the stupid mindset it creates in the community to harass a player they deem incapable of the dungeon. I brought a friend with me, she was new but she has been playing Ragnarok online, WoW, Tera, Guild Wars 2, and even FF14 a realm reborn so it wasn't a surprise to me that she got better in the game quickly as a force master. Unfortunately, both of us had work, while I work as a CPA, she worked as a programmer. Fortunately for me, my job only required me to do work when I actually have clients so I spend that time in leisure while she on the other hand needs to work from 7 in the morning to 6 in the evening so it goes without saying that I got my gear earlier than she did.

One day I invited her to try Poharan 6 (this was before the erasure of the 4 men versions of the previous duns) with my KFM and immediately someone harassed her and told her to go away. Unfortunately for the guy, I didn't agree with his opinion and so did the other 3 so he did what he thought was best and went away. Immediately though we got a new recruit and we continued. 20s, it might be longer than that, but that's how short it felt, it only took that much to kill Slashimi and only a little more for the other bosses.  All it took was my explanation on the mechanics of certain bosses and she managed perfectly. Needless to say my other party mates were surprised too and they agreed that it was fast given that she was undergeared (Awakened Profane Bangle). That one guy was the only one who did that and all of our succeeding runs were assholee free.

What I'm trying to say is, talk with the undergeared player and ask if he or she has any experience in doing the dungeon. If he does not, give him or her a chance to prove himself by going with him in a part of the dungeon (not necessarily the bosses) and he proves himself to be incapable, do request him to step out. Because I believe that skill, and knowledge of skill rotations exceed gears when it comes to raids. These days I've come to make my warlock my main while my friend stayed on her force master. Unfortunately both of us are stuck in 430 AP as we're struggling to find the time to upgrade our accessories.

But don't get me wrong, I do agree with the OP that people who know they are incapable of the dungeon should step out and keep their dignities intact. Just yesterday I queued with a summoner whose weapon was only Profane Staff. No, not Awakened Profane or True profane, just profane, you know... the one you use for upgrading. I never saw the Queen go berserk in the Lair of the Frozen Fang before that....

Started this game a few weeks and all i can say is people never wait. Is my first time in a new area so I might not know everything it doesn't hurt to say wait till everyone is in the room before a boss fight. Several times this happen to me and a few other people.. The lvl 45 just go in rush and start the boss fight while some of us are left outside kill by the fire or whatever. It sucks when you 2 to 3 group members died before even setting the boss.

I also played other MMORGS and when I carry people I always always wait till everyone is ready for the boss fight.  I don't expect others to carry me but I also feel the way how some people run dungeons I rather not do them at all.

I do not like elitists but let's be realistic here. The dungeons do need a minimum AP requirement to join the dungeon but only if the dungeon has bosses with enrage timers. If there are no bosses in a dungeon that have enrage timers then the AP requirement would not be beneficial. The best example is when Naryu Lab was new, if there were people in the group with low AP then the group ran the risk of bosses enraging but those aren't an issue anymore. Yeti is really the only current one that can cause a real issue. If there are even 1 or 2 people with low AP then Yeti will enrage and 1 shot the group. This isn't a matter of being elitist but simply a matter of some people not wanting to get to the final boss only to find out the current group simply cannot kill the boss before he enrages.

The Yeti fight is really simple to learn but when you see people wanting 450ap or even higher, it's likely because they either want a guaranteed completion or they have been in previous groups that couldn't kill Yeti before he enraged. The ideal group for Yeti would be roughly 450ap each, if there are players much higher than a lower AP player could be fine. It can be done with lower AP, yes, but the risk of Yeti enraging and 1 shotting everyone is much higher if anyone in group has low AP. My main is now a Warlock but only has 430ap because I was working on several characters before Silverfrost. I had no idea NCsoft would release Silverfrost so soon, otherwise I would have focused more on Warlock like I had to do when Silverfrost released.

I've seen far too many people in places like Beastbog, to name one offhand from earlier today, but the issue is I saw people with true profane weapon, even some profane shields. Seriously, people should not even be in Silverfrost period if they're too lazy to at least get a full bloodshade shield set, at the very least. Getting a mix of BSH and Naryu shields would help people a lot for Silverfrost and having at least Awakened Siren or higher, and some accessories upgraded, so that the person can at least be around 400ap. Many of us have spent time gearing up, running content etc. You don't have to play all day to do it. Some days I barely put in 2 hours because real life always comes first but some days if I happen to have extra free time, especially at night like after midnight, I might put in several hours if I feel up to skipping on a little bit of sleep.

It's so easy to get shields, it's just crazy. Run Efleet and Nightshade at level 43, it's not that hard with true profane. Kill the bosses, repeat until you either have the blue blackram or blue bloodshade shield then run Bloodshade to get the purple shields then proceed to Naryu to get 3 of those since mixing bsh and naryu for level 45 works best. It's easy but takes a small amount of effort and if someone wants to go to Silverfrost with complete trash gear, I'll just say anyone doing that is wasting a character slot on that channel they're in because they won't be contributing a lot. I can see people not being at Pirate yet since that gets a bit expensive but bsh sheilds and siren weapon should be the bare minimum before venturing into Silverfrost.

Anyways lol, typed a bit much but whatever. If I run a dungeon that doesn't do that well with random cross server pugs, I'll just get people I know or use chat or party finder and put together a group on my server and get things done. If it's a dungeon that's no big deal then cross server usually is fine but no one should want to put forth a lot of time and effort in a dungeon only to wipe due to an enrage timer because 1 or more people in the group is trying to do content that they are not geared for. Sure these people probably complete some of it because they might be lucky and get some really over geared people to balance things out.

Because every game with an attack power or ilvl,etc. requirement has definitively proven to weed out scrubs....please tell me more the proven track record of this technique?

I cant tell you how many time I carried on lancer in Tera, and usually higher ilvl players who just didnt bother to know what to do and NOT STAND IN THE RED/ORANGE CIRCLE. Plain and simple the problem is people are stupid and if you PUG and expect a good run then Im sorry but you are too. I PUG knowing full well what Im getting into because I have never once played a MMO with a consistently good PUG experience because it simply doesnt exist. It took me about 2 runs to really get the hang of Yeti decently and around the same for Scorpion Queen. Beyond that, assuming you know your class well enough, you can more than pull your weight with a modest 400ap and 35-40k health which arent hard to get. 

This is exactly the sort of elitist crap that causes every F2P community to die a horrible death, lets not have another Vindictus please where experienced/geared players berate newer or lesser geared players to the point they simply leave and you play a part in the accelerating of a games inevitable death. Blade and Soul is a good game, its enjoyable for the moment but lets not turn the community into a toxic cesspool of elitist epeen drivel. You dont want the PUG life then dont take part in it, otherwise you know what youre in for. 

On 30.3.2016 at 9:49 AM, spongemike said:

Started this game a few weeks and all i can say is people never wait. Is my first time in a new area so I might not know everything it doesn't hurt to say wait till everyone is in the room before a boss fight. Several times this happen to me and a few other people.. The lvl 45 just go in rush and start the boss fight while some of us are left outside kill by the fire or whatever. It sucks when you 2 to 3 group members died before even setting the boss.

I have notice this behavior with the elitists who have certain amount of AP like 450+. Especially in Tomb of the Exile it's getting really annoying when they rush so that half of the team is dead and then they don't bother coming to revive. In worst cases you get blocked so far away that you cannot finish the daily quests.

We need req before enter dungeons? Sure, however this AP madness is not helping anyone, now players just equip whatever item give the most AP and they are doing less damage because other important (or better) stats get neglected, but hey... I have 500 AP!

We need that DPS meter for real.

On 3/30/2016 at 2:49 AM, spongemike said:

I also played other MMORGS and when I carry people I always always wait till everyone is ready for the boss fight.  I don't expect others to carry me but I also feel the way how some people run dungeons I rather not do them at all.

That has been my issue with 4 out of 5 groups I've been in for dungeons. I hardly run them now, just do a few dailies, the daily dash and logout.

@ Kathead

The top 3 players are not being forced to carry anyone. if they don't like how the LFP cross server group finder is working then don't use it. Is it that hard to grasp? 

they can make there own lobby and only invite people that meet your requirements.

being lazy is not a excuse to get something changed.

Also in case they ever do use the cross server LFP option again - when in the party if they don't like the groups build as x may only have 390 AP then leave the group.

I work 12 hour days, my gears is getting there and my AP is 398. The issue with people wanting x or y requirements  is that having said requirements means fk all.

For example on a run yesterday...while 1 group member was calling me a noob cause my AP was at 398 another member asked if I knew how to do Yeti?

I replied the basic way or advanced way as I know both ways - this resulted in them both asking what's the advanced way.....and yet I was the noob because of a AP value

I'm not going to lie, I've left groups when I see people with 320ap in Naryu Temple, sometimes even less.  

Now, it isn't because I'm not willing to help, it isn't because I feel I am better and should therefore only run with better people (most of my runs are clan runs anyway) it's purely because at that ap level, they shouldn't be in there.

They shouldn't be in there not because 'they're bad' but because, just like in some games dungeons have level requirements, this game has a power requirement whether it be strength or squishiness.  

Lower ap does not mean 'bad player', it doesn't mean they want to be carried.  They know their stats are low and trying to improve but jumping from 320ap straight in Naryu where things HURT is trying to run before you can walk.  

I TRIED to do a BSH run with people that have low ap, I have 497 which right now is mid and I thought, meh I can Quell to tank to see how it goes.  I was the only one with higher ap than 340 in that group and because they kept dying on Thrasher because they didn't listen to my instructions, I left.  I tried, they didn't listen to what needed to be done and it wasn't the damage that was the issue, it was the lack of experience.  Now, we tried TWICE and they still didn't listen so I wasn't going to waste my time.

However, on the flip side we did a semi clan run for the Buccaneer achievement which isn't too difficult but as Poh bounces around like a freakin yoyo, higher damage is good.  We had someone with 370ish ap, the rest of us way past 450 and one pug out of the two had to point this out.  As if that one person was going to hold us back, granted they didn't leave because we obliterated the first boss so fast it would have been stupid not to.

Of course, we got the achievement no problem and faith in the community is restored, hoping that the naysayer learned a valuable lesson of ONE PERSON WILL NOT BE THE DOWNFALL OF AN ENTIRE GROUP.

It's a difficult one because people try not to sound selfish and elitist but end up doing so anyway, others become hypocrites and the rest are the ones who just want to try and gear themselves better.

I'm sorry but it seems that you dont realize that the gameplay here was ment for korean players... what we call standard gameplay in Eu they would consider as idiotism. There is also a gap in gamers born after 90ish... People nowdays cant grasp mechanic as old players do since they lack the self iniciative... so they do as they please, going on with ther meta pro mentality, alto that's the most retarded part in gaming atm... sure people watch videos and such but they only enjoy it, they dont learn from it, since they are lazy, dont even know what to look at, arent gamers. B&S lost majority of gamers so far due to company behind it, they care only about quantity rather than quality. Everything that is a mess in B&S follows that. I'm 26 atm, and i would put a mark on every non gamer in B&S specialy if he is doing prolong on the entire group. It's a game guys, mechanic is prewriten remember the same sequence and repeat, avoid aoe, cc's. If you consider that as hard, you are clearly not a gamer, you are a player, and as writen above this has korean source, players here would get smashed or lost along the way. So a simple hint go back to training before joining dungeons or stop being a prick and simply move on since you are playing a game that is over your brain, mashing capacity.  And welcome to gaming.

Well why does it matter 50 % of the people posting here have arenabots and hacks the engine you want it easier to find a party, get a premade this topic is worthless. Naryu lab can be done with 380 ap full party. gesus they run with bots but want easier life too in pve good job community good job 

On 3/5/2016 at 1:23 PM, DreadX said:

Walls of Text

What I find it funny is the  amount of  players that want 470+ AP for the new purples

when i ran that shit in the JP server 200+ping and in Awaken Devil Axe

which is the equalized of True Siren 

And guess what I still  OutDPs a  lot of party members and STILL out  lived most of them too

People need to get off thier  high horse and  take in more factors 

Just because someone has low AP  do you consider that classes AP scales differently due to ani-cancel, skill useage and utility. 

A low AP destroyer THAT ISN'T A BOT AND TALKS

is a lot more useful then a button mashing DPS with 490AP 

490 AP don't mean shit it you aren't following the mechanics 

Don't believe me? 

Add/accept Pawp to your 490AP yeti runs and see how well i  know my mechanics and my class  

On 3/31/2016 at 0:39 PM, CuddlyBunneh said:

A low AP destroyer THAT ISN'T A BOT AND TALKS

is a lot more useful then a button mashing DPS with 490AP 

I'll take the 490AP DPS over the 320AP whatever who knows his class.

*grabs popcorn*

Archived