Fps Drop Every 5 Seconds

Valree

I have a huge fps drop problem. I used to have 50-60 fps in any area, but recently my fps is around 40 and keeps dropping to 10ish every 5 seconds even if i'm in the marketplace. It usually freezes 0.5 to 2 seconds.

First I thought that would be GPU but apparently it isn't. Nvidia Inspector says it's not even working at 50% capacity.

Since blade and soul is poorly optimized and uses only one core I think it's CPU. My CPU is i7-4700HQ. It's normally 2.40 GHz but it overclocks itself to 3.40 depending on the need. The problem is when I check the CPU usage when I'm in game, it doesn't pass 2.35 GHz but when I close the game it immediately starts to use 3.20ish. So basically there is something wrong with the game.

Also another indicator that it's not GPU based problem is there is almost no change about the problem even if I set all the graphical settings to 1 (usually I use 3-4).
Is there any fix to that or does anyone know any solution or method that I can try?

Thanks!

i have the same problem mate.

i own Lenovo Y50-70 with i7-4720HQ cpu and nvidia gtx 860m, bns used to work without any freezes and somehow after the last update i keep having these kinds of drops like you described, its unbearable to play like this....

hope some1 can help us out

I'm wondering if it's not a problem with the antivirus and the last update. Try to exclude Blade & Soul folder from the scan of your antivirus. 

I had this problem on TERA with an update, I had to exclude the game folder from the scan of Windows Defender.

1 hour ago, Els said:

I'm wondering if it's not a problem with the antivirus and the last update. Try to exclude Blade & Soul folder from the scan of your antivirus. 

I had this problem on TERA with an update, I had to exclude the game folder from the scan of Windows Defender.

Actually I saw some people talking about eset not working well with blade and soul. Even though I'm not using Eset, I completely disabled my antivirus. I doesn't change anything in my situation.

1 hour ago, Els said:

Actually I saw some people talking about eset not working well with blade and soul. Even though I'm not using Eset, I completely disabled my antivirus. I doesn't change anything in my situation.

Archived