warlock pve rotation?

haloismybtch

If I am killing single trash, I normally just run past them with a RMB (dimensional bullet spec)  LMBx3 RMB (salvo) and they die.

If I am fighting dungeon trash or large groups of mobs I wingstorm, hold down dragon helix, and RMB LMBx3 RMB rotate while it goes off.

Against bosses, I do the above and reset wingstorm with imprison, leech, and dimensional salvo.  I also throw down the DoT spec'd soul shackle for the luls.  This has been enough for me to consistently pull aggro in dungeons and on world bosses from 1-40.  I never bother with rupture because I am not using dragon call and the animation takes enough time that it actually hurts my dps.

Yeah, erm you should definitely bother with Rupture, it's one of your main sources of damage. In addition to reducing the cd of Dragoncall it also creates spectral orbs, which you need to fire your Helix. After wingstorm hits you can tap 4 and F right after each other to fire both spells off at the same time, which works wonders for your damage. Once you get the book from BSH, that rupture is gonna give you another free Helix you can fire right after before the next Wingstorm hit happens, giving you 6 Helixes per Wingstorm. 

edit: not to mention, your soulburn buffs your Rupture skill, making it deal even more damage. 

to be honest, the warlock is pretty much fun when it comes to a combo, this is ussually do. at least at lvl 34 that im currently. I open with V, 4 with Dragon Helix then 3 or 2 to mark them then use leech, and repeat, ull have alot of spectral orbs to spend.

In a boss fight its so much fun but hard to maintain the orbs up.

7 hours ago, Trickery said:

Yeah, erm you should definitely bother with Rupture, it's one of your main sources of damage. In addition to reducing the cd of Dragoncall it also creates spectral orbs, which you need to fire your Helix. After wingstorm hits you can tap 4 and F right after each other to fire both spells off at the same time, which works wonders for your damage. Once you get the book from BSH, that rupture is gonna give you another free Helix you can fire right after before the next Wingstorm hit happens, giving you 6 Helixes per Wingstorm. 

edit: not to mention, your soulburn buffs your Rupture skill, making it deal even more damage. 

When I get the book, I might take a look at rupture again as viable.  But at least for me, the animation is really, really breaking my rotation.  I can fit in almost an entire LMB/RMB combo in the time it takes to shoot off one rupture.

Depending if its a big single I start different if I can get a group going.

generally I go:

DC+TB+SS+F+DC+WS+(F+RMB)

F(Leech)likes to make both WS and DC instacast while the orbs and F reduces DCs cooldown. TB does a 4s AoE brand which helps at start.

Only difference from mob and single is TB and DC get swapped at start and I use bastion before opening.

After that its priority rotation. TB for brand, DC/WS, F when able, SS+IP when others are down, rmb as neded

Archived