This class is pathetic at PvP, stay away from it

Ociz

Title. There's no match up where Warlock can be considered superior. The gameplay is extremely unrewarding and your combos work only in the universe where all your opponents stand still and do not block/parry.

As I understand, the concept for this class was the idea of "glass cannon". Only at current patch there is no "cannon" part, WL's burst does not exceed in any way. And to add to it, this is the least mobile class in the game (2 iframes, 0 mobility), in combination with the smallest HP pool among the classes. But here comes the cherry on the top - the cooldowns are extremely, almost surreally long. If you dare to make a mistake and blow even part of your mediocre burst in resist/block, you'll find yourself out of abilities to use for ~16 seconds. You can guess what your enemy could do in the meantime.

My point is - stay from this class, its gameplay is far too frustrating and overcomplicated to play. If you want to play as a ranged caster - pick FM, it's far more viable. Don't waste your time leveling this joke which is going to join BM in the pantheon of "This will be good at level 50, I promise".

Why not level a warlock?   They're fun in PvE and bound to get buffed for PvP after this huge nerf they got.   Besides, most people who started levelling one are going to keep going to 45 if only for dailies and the costume, etc.

2 hours ago, Ociz said:

Title. There's no match up where Warlock can be considered superior. The gameplay is extremely unrewarding and your combos work only in the universe where all your opponents stand still and do not block/parry.

As I understand, the concept for this class was the idea of "glass cannon". Only at current patch there is no "cannon" part, WL's burst does not exceed in any way. And to add to it, this is the least mobile class in the game (2 iframes, 0 mobility), in combination with the smallest HP pool among the classes. But here comes the cherry on the top - the cooldowns are extremely, almost surreally long. If you dare to make a mistake and blow even part of your mediocre burst in resist/block, you'll find yourself out of abilities to use for ~16 seconds. You can guess what your enemy could do in the meantime.

My point is - stay from this class, its gameplay is far too frustrating and overcomplicated to play. If you want to play as a ranged caster - pick FM, it's far more viable. Don't waste your time leveling this joke which is going to join BM in the pantheon of "This will be good at level 50, I promise".

I would agree with you here, aside from the fact that I climbed from 1300 to 1649 with 17 wins, and I will most likely be hitting plat soon. Warlock is exceptionally viable in PvP, so unless you're Diamond on Warlock (provide proof with screenshots), don't tell people that it's not viable. Learn the class, and see what you can do before you say it's useless in a certain area.

26 minutes ago, Roxysox said:

I would agree with you here, aside from the fact that I climbed from 1300 to 1649 with 17 wins, and I will most likely be hitting plat soon. Warlock is exceptionally viable in PvP, so unless you're Diamond on Warlock (provide proof with screenshots), don't tell people that it's not viable. Learn the class, and see what you can do before you say it's useless in a certain area.

Wouldn't that go both ways? All you are doing is leveling off bots. You don't really have a say either.

I don't get the uproar, players were saying this nerf hurt em bad in pvp, and people knew that the warlock struggled more then the average class in pvp.... what did u all think they were lying when they told u this? :P

http://imgur.com/jw42M8Y

You have all the tools to go through def / block / parry

Oh and I had one bot in these 30 minutes it took. There might not be a lot of high ranked Warlocks atm in Korea and other versions but they do exist and they're quite dangerous aswell. Could the class get some love ? yes but keep it in mind that it reigned supreme for one year straight as an utterly broken one, so it'll take some time before they do it again, prolly after they adjust the Soul Fighter (who's broken atm, and fun fact ? the world champion is of course playing it, just like he was playing warlock before).

Nonenthless, it's not a bad class at all if you're good with. It's really nice in PvE, and fun in PvP

6 hours ago, Roxysox said:

I would agree with you here, aside from the fact that I climbed from 1300 to 1649 with 17 wins

You're playing mostly against Destro bots, any class could hit gold pre-30 within 20 victories nowadays. I got to 1750 and then was annihilated by every class I encountered. The match up against FM is extremely showing: in theory, your DPS output should be higher (because WL is "stationary artillery"); in reality, decent FM will sweep the floor with your face in terms of damage, even without using most of his utilities. 

3 hours ago, Dray0s said:

I don't get the uproar, players were saying this nerf hurt em bad in pvp, and people knew that the warlock struggled more then the average class in pvp....

I didn't catch the warnings, my fault. I just hope that this thread will keep more people away from this joke of a class. 

20 hours ago, Ociz said:

You're playing mostly against Destro bots, any class could hit gold pre-30 within 20 victories nowadays. I got to 1750 and then was annihilated by every class I encountered. The match up against FM is extremely showing: in theory, your DPS output should be higher (because WL is "stationary artillery"); in reality, decent FM will sweep the floor with your face in terms of damage, even without using most of his utilities. 

I didn't catch the warnings, my fault. I just hope that this thread will keep more people away from this joke of a class. 

prolly too late, everyones rerolled it and experiencing the same thing :D

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎06 at 7:32 AM, Ociz said:

I got to plat at level 36... Nadwah playing from JP or KR with 200 ping got to 2200+ with HM 1 and without dragoncall volume 2. Unless you plan to participate in the world championship the class is perfectly viable if you dont suck.

8 hours ago, Dray0s said:

prolly too late, everyones rerolled it and experiencing the same thing :D

They will experience that if they are bad.

3 hours ago, FadedxLich said:

Eh, I play the class because it's the one class I fully enjoy. It'll be buffed sooner or later and playing from behind is how you actually get really good :3 So be it.

Pretty much. So far I've only lost two of my matches, and no it wasn't all against Destroyer bots. Hell made an assassin rage quit before the third round begun.

18 hours ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Pretty much. So far I've only lost two of my matches, and no it wasn't all against Destroyer bots. Hell made an assassin rage quit before the third round begun.

How did you do that? :D

I can't deal with SIN (low Gold lvl 41, still learning the class). I play almost exclusively against DES and SIN, I win 2-0 against DES and lose 2-0 against SIN almost every time... 

WL isnt that bad at all right now  my hardest match ups right now are BD and FM sometimes a good KFM will push my face in. i do know that once 50 comes around all classes get more access to skills so we start to have a harder time. I am currently a Diamond Warlock

3 hours ago, Nilkemios said:

Coming from my own experiences with it...where else? It's a shame, since I really want to like this class. But the flaws are there.

I played with Warlock when it was out with out nerfs, and the class itself felt too OP, the nerfs were necessary but English version should decide on it's own nerf to the class.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:07 AM, Pkcrash said:

WL isnt that bad at all right now  my hardest match ups right now are BD and FM sometimes a good KFM will push my face in. i do know that once 50 comes around all classes get more access to skills so we start to have a harder time. I am currently a Diamond Warlock

this is the main concern tbh

how weak are Warlocks in 50 pvp, cause by what I can make out, Extremely weak.

On 3/8/2016 at 9:41 AM, Fael said:

How did you do that? :D

I can't deal with SIN (low Gold lvl 41, still learning the class). I play almost exclusively against DES and SIN, I win 2-0 against DES and lose 2-0 against SIN almost every time... 

If a Sin uses the log against me I double S back, then I put up block, or I keep backing up. Otherwise, wing em they don't stay hidden when they get a face full of wings.

As far as making the sin rage quit, I dominated the first round, but second round I made a couple of mistakes and he eeked out a victory with only 1% health left, then after that I got the message my opponent left the match and I got the victory.

To anyone still doubting my words:

Currently, top European warlock has 1776 ELO and takes 167th place on the global leader board. Just let that sink in - not even one Lock got into platinum, while some are already 2000+.

You can't go against statistical data.

13 hours ago, Ociz said:

Currently, top European warlock has 1776 ELO and takes 167th place on the global leader board. Just let that sink in - not even one Lock got into platinum, while some are already 2000+.

This is just ignorant. On NA. we have Plat WLs, and some close to diamond, if they haven't hit Diamond already. The class is out barely a week, and you shit on it, take the time to learn the class. ALSO, WL's were made for Level 50 originally and any balancing NCSoft will do, will be geared towards level 50 content.. They need their skill points to  be on par with other classes, just like BMs.  So if you don't like the WL, and you don't have the patience for the game to catch up to other regions, then just don't play it. It's that simple. 

Yea they got nerfed, because they were OP. But people are still hitting diamond with them, and still playing them well. They're nerfed to shit because their not absolutely broken. The problem is all these people thought we were getting the OP lock, but to their surprise they were toned down. And yea I know Nadwah said that, and he also still continues to play a WL, so it can't really be that bad to deal with. Because if they were absolutely useless, he would just play another class.

14 hours ago, Ociz said:

Ignorance at its finest on a class that isn't even a week old.

20 minutes ago, DragonAlex said:

I think you don't know one of the worlds best WL-Players Nadwah and even he and the world champion say that NcSoft nerfed them to crap....

I still want to play this class but i hope it gets again buffed in PVP...

Of course they say they got nerfed to crap, because they lost their IWIN button power and they actually have to think while playing a warlock now. Oh noes, warlocks are terrible because I have to actually play the class now. Seriously, the only people saying warlock is complete garbage now are those that were expecting the IWIN button to always work.

Archived