what happened to characters mimic?

Arohk

i recently noticed that none of my characters has any mimic in the game, they just stare emotionless into nothing and blink really really fast too wich looks weird.

UNLESS i am in the character selection then they move their eyebrows and smile and all that.

i have all graphic setting on maximum.

mimiclx3pwch9ei.jpg

You're absolutely right about this. I noticed it as well and told support, but they didn't really seem to understand what I was saying despite my over simplified explanation.

I havent really checked up on it since sending them screenshot examples though.

As OP has said, when you create a character or look at a character in wardrobe, the character makes facial expressions

often doing a smile every couple of seconds

It was this way in game up until a patch or two ago.

Now your character in game just keeps the same mute expressionless face at all times. No smiles, nothing.

This is probably a small unimportant detail to most, but for some who like to take screenshots often it's quite annoying and unfortunate. and of course, as usual

no matter how simple you explain it, support doesnt understand it and will instead talk loops about how they think nothing is wrong/don't see anything

as if it's really that hard to press F3 and look at a the character smile and then look at your in game character NOT smile lol.

Honestly, support lately is giving me such a headache. It's really like talking to a wall. Literally every issue under the sun never makes sense to them.

They don't see game stuttering, they don't see characters faces not working properly-they must absolutely never log in game ever to be this actually incompetent.

Anyway, rant aside. You're right, but I doubt they'll fix this as they don't "understand" whats wrong.

I noticed this too! My characters just seem so dead and lifeless now....They don't even blink!!
It happened recently. All my settings are maxed, so I don't know what the issue is =(

Edit: I also noticed that my characters often get stuck in one expression and I have to jump or something for their face to get back to normal. This is getting really frustrating.
It seems people are beginning to notice more and more, and it would be nice to get some response from NCsoft.

All idle expressions: Eyes moving, facial muscles moving, etc.
My character looks stone-faced 90% of the time. It's really unsettling.
The only time it looks normal (like it should be) is when I'm using the wardrobe preview. THERE my characters look like living beings -.- lol

Expressionless while idle is the issue, yes.

Emoticons work just fine.

Emoticons are not the issue.

The issue is that when standing still, their look is blank.

This is something recent.

This did not happen until 2 patches ago.

Before 2 patches ago, your character would smile/smirk every few seconds.

If you want to know what this looks like, go in game and press F3

In your wardrobe, you will see your character smile/smirk every few seconds.

This is how it used to be in game as well and how it should still be now

but it's not

and that

is

the problem.

944W0WQ.gif

yeah, i miss my lyn's little nose sniff and smile ;;

hope this wasn't deliberate because I know some ppl complained about char faces moving too much in the creator :s

last I tried though, while in the char creator, if you use one of the poses then go back to the default pose your char will make faces normally again! however that only seems to last so long before they go doll faced again. 

I think anyone who notices this should send something to support about it

my responses weren't that great, but if others let them know that they've noticed too maybe it can speed things along a little

like, from "never" to "sometime while we're still alive"

here was my last response in regard to it

hV8Qrvd.png

In case any one else is confused, here is yet another example of how in-game characters used to smile/have expressions
while idling

TUSt8AT.jpg

Hopefully this'll matter enough to get fixed but without much attention to it the odds are pretty bleak.

Still no fix and no word. I was hoping they would be able to fix it by this past maintenance, but I guess not. 
I just hope they are actually working on it like they say they are. My stone-faced characters are getting more and more frustrating.

Anyone else who has this problem (most likely everyone), please send a ticket.

The characters still do their automatic motions (like looking over each shoulder, playing with the sand, etc.), but between that time they are all wide eyed and frozen. No blinking, no eye movement, and no muscle movement.

Support seemed to understand what I was talking about and forwarded the information to the quality control team. I'm really curious as to how and why this happened, but regardless it really needs to be fixed and not just brushed to the side like it's nothing (which I wouldn't expect from them).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived