Forums

BD in OWPvP - Effective or Weak Link?

Eldraed

So I enjoy doing word pvp, whether that be helping people grind insignias or just joining in on the Misty Woods battles that happen daily. However, I am hearing that BD is a bit weak in OWPvP due to a lack of damage and low survivability.

How true is what I have read about BD strength in OWPvP?  Should I be expecting to be a second-rate contributor to my faction?  I play Crimson Legion on Mushin, so have a vested interest in being useful to my allies. 

If BD is indeed weak in OWPvP, how are they in Arena (would like to know the answer to that regardless of how the OWPvP question is answered, if possible)?

I would appreciate experienced PvP BD players' inputs (those who play it, not just those who have fought against it). 

Thank you in advance!!

Hi,

BD is one of the best class in OWPvP, due to high survivability (spin to resist CCs, lots of immunity/iframes), lots of CC (knockdown, daze, stun, grip, knockup) and because damages are unbalanced in OW. I usually *cricket* people with less than 30-35k HP, and I can handle 1on2/1on3 easily. My char here (for stats).

About Arena, there are 2 schools :

• full immune and wait for knockup combo until the end
  • less immune and more cc to upgrade gameplay

Unfortunately, most BD play the first one, but I don't like it. There is absolutely nothing to do except spin/spin/spin/immune/spin/spin/spin/knockup/spin/spin... you get it. It's still a good class in both 1on1 and 3on3 matches. You don't really need skill to win, but you will see there's a big difference between a bad BD and a good BD.

Hope it helped you.

@Keichi You kinda contradicted yourself in that post stating that "skill is not required to win, but there's a considerable difference in a bad BD and a good BD." So there IS skill in learning the class properly. As for Open world PVP on BD its making sure you dont get ganked and really pay attention to your cooldowns on CC/Sustain skills. Part of the difficulty in it,  as stated above, is the advantage over having a better Soulshield set/better gear than your opponent(s).

32 minutes ago, VodkaSteve said:

@Keichi You kinda contradicted yourself in that post stating that "skill is not required to win, but there's a considerable difference in a bad BD and a good BD." So there IS skill in learning the class properly. As for Open world PVP on BD its making sure you dont get ganked and really pay attention to your cooldowns on CC/Sustain skills. Part of the difficulty in it,  as stated above, is the advantage over having a better Soulshield set/better gear than your opponent(s).

What I meant is : even without skill, you can win. But you will win more easily with skill. I'm really annoyed to say so, but BD is a faceroller class.

BD is OW is fairly lackluster, all our meaningful damage is single target or very small AoE. We're really good at bursting 1 person down quickly, but that's about it. Really we have 1 job and 1 job only. Glide in, AoE drop Stun into Vacuum. At this point a Destroyer jumps in and kills everything that you bunched up. You can C/RMB/LMB/F as much as you want during this. Our biggest strength is not dying, so if you want to play the living bait class go for it.

For Arena, one of the top classes currently. 45+5 is a joke though.

Archived