So you gonna do anything about the bots??

UnitedStrafes

Been awhile more bots than ever.

Gold bots in pvp

High ping bots you can't even fight

AFK in the dungeon bots, I'd say 9/10 dungeons has one.

Can't gather anything cause a bot will always have beat you to it.

They say GM banning bots is a short term solution, sure, but with the bots at an all time high are you gonna do ANYTHING? I mean besides nerf all the drops so those of us that actually PLAY suffer the most?

So it doesn't look like you gonna do anything are you going to at least talk about the problem??? The game is becoming borderline unplayable at this point.

To be honest... I think they will only take action when the player base starts dwindling. I know I won't be renewing mine nor my wife's Premium until they start taking it seriously.

Bot's don't impact me directly. However, they impact other players that make up the playing community, which in turn affects me.

The incompetence of the NCSoft West devs is seemingly staggering.... Don't expect anything to be done about the bots except weekly mass-bans...

Market on Dochun is completely filled with 100-stacks of "Ukaha's Ring", every single bot selling their loot, 99% of Destroyers are bots on Dochun server.

Honestly, its not very hard to flag for suspicious activity, however, it costs money to have moderators actively banning people, and that is money NCSoft is not willing to spend.

embrace the chaos.. ncsoft wont do shit.. im tired of reporting with video proof and they only say "we are inventigating" obviously an automated answer since they dont care.. like come on.. i have video proof what more u want? want a sign statement of the guy that admits being botting?

44 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Seriously when do you guys learn theres no such game that has no bots or game company that can deal with them

It's easier for people to throw out unfounded accusations and pretend they could do a better job, since after all, they have run MMOs before and so forth or know friends of a friends who heard about somebody that actually took care of all bot problems ever, even though its demonstrably proven false since bots are a hassle even in the biggest MMO, World of Warcraft.

1 bot got banned. The botters make another 1 or more bot.

Wasting the gm's time to ban bot is not efficient and effective. Because the number of bots will be the same or increasing.

I think its better the gm ise their limited time to ban the exploiter. Its gonna be effective and efficient, because exploiter usually real player that only have 1 account. Once they got banned, they will quit permanently.

4 hours ago, 824685_1452549976 said:

NCwest said on Reddit that 5 Reports for botting is an auto ban for each one. So long as 5 people do it lol...

Cool so all we need to do is have EVERY player in the game clicking on bots.

screenshot_160305_002_by_unitedstrafes-d

Nvm the gold spam going on in chat either and this is just outside the instance there's prob another 50-100 of them inside. Sorry but I kinda wanted to play BnS not Bot Reporter 2016. I could literally stand out here for a couple hours hitting the report and still not come close to getting them all and this is just one small instance.

5 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Seriously when do you guys learn theres no such game that has no bots or game company that can deal with them

People aren't asking for a bot free game.  Although that would certainly be an ideal game.  People are asking for a game where the bots are under a reasonable amount of control.  This is where NCSoft is failing badly.  Bots in this game are so bad that they are screwing up entire chat channels, the economy, tradeskills (especially gathering), PvP, dungeons, and even the forums.  It's because of bots that we have issues with things like the outfit transmutation pouches - NCSoft had to make the in game costumes unsalvagable to prevent overfarming by the bots.  Bots no doubt also made the login queue issue when the game launched considerably worse than it should have been too.

As I've said in other threads, WoW has nearly no bots.  I've counted exactly ONE bot the last month and it wasn't doing anything but standing there.  No spamming or farming.  WoW is a game that figured out how to fix their bot problem.  People expect to see the same or similar results in BnS.  Right now BnS stands for Bot n Spam.

I know NCsoft cant do nothing and wont do nothing for bots cose i played on their Lineage 2 servers for years and at the end game was unplayable ,  everyone and their grandma using bots and scripted pvp . The only way to clean atleast arena is either remove zen beans or investigate ppl with 1900+ rate, and if they are hardcore donors dont expect bans, abouth dungeon afk boting easy solution is when someone initiates vote for kick most votes to win.

1 hour ago, Bezerko said:

People aren't asking for a bot free game.  Although that would certainly be an ideal game.  People are asking for a game where the bots are under a reasonable amount of control.  This is where NCSoft is failing badly.  Bots in this game are so bad that they are screwing up entire chat channels, the economy, tradeskills (especially gathering), PvP, dungeons, and even the forums.  It's because of bots that we have issues with things like the outfit transmutation pouches - NCSoft had to make the in game costumes unsalvagable to prevent overfarming by the bots.  Bots no doubt also made the login queue issue when the game launched considerably worse than it should have been too.

As I've said in other threads, WoW has nearly no bots.  I've counted exactly ONE bot the last month and it wasn't doing anything but standing there.  No spamming or farming.  WoW is a game that figured out how to fix their bot problem.  People expect to see the same or similar results in BnS.  Right now BnS stands for Bot n Spam.

Players have to understand this. BnS IS f2p which means creating bot accounts is extremely easy. One can have 100x bots running before first one is banned. They cant be undercontrol.

Everything said is same in every MMORPG it wont change where ever you go.

Ncsoft already gave huge ban wave week ago so dont expect another one in few weeks. Even then after next banwave they are ten steps behind and so on. Either accept them and stop making another thread about issue that cannot be solved. Only true way to somewhat limit them is to make game sub based + b2p.

Only thing you guys can do is keep reporting bots and play the game. Forum posts or discussion about them wont solve anything

Bots are invading 24man Poh now, not sure about BSH though.

It's been awhile since I've been on a server that went from lively population to near ghost town in the span of a week. I was expecting some drop off with BDO release, but the last few days I barely saw anyone (non-bot that is) in areas other than E-fleet/BSH and Hogshead Hamlet.

A better "fix" needs to be found soon or I think my server is going to be empty in a few weeks or less X___X

lol like I said before if they base the success of the game simply by how many are logged in this game is kicking! Even tho 40% or more per server are bot's. If they actually got rid of the bots the cold hard truth might be to much for them.

14 hours ago, Ninfu said:

There is such a thing as middle ground between the near impossible "bot free" and the current condition of "polluted to the gills with bots" because it has been accomplished in other games.

2 hours ago, TheArsenal said:

There is such a thing as middle ground between the near impossible "bot free" and the current condition of "polluted to the gills with bots" because it has been accomplished in other games.

Yeah sure not in f2p formats and even b2p or sub based are swarmed by bots.

Archived