Fix the *cricket*ing lag

barabusa

Can you please do something about the *cricket*ing lag in arena? Its beyond annoying. I see that you put costumes and shit in CS but please do something about these shit servers. Thanks! When im waiting for the match to start everything is smooth, as soon as match starts, the game freezes for like 2-3 sec, and ofc i lost 50% of my hp, a few sec later, same crap.

I have the same problem too :( I don't live too far from the servers, but I'm getting 240ms or higher while in Arena/Cross-server Dungeon.  I run around 80ms on average in Open World which isn't the best considering how close I am.  After running PingPlotter this what I noticed.

ae56.bar1.Phoenix1.Level3.net (18ms)

to

ae-25-0.ear1.Dallas.Level3.net (1765ms on average, but most of time just has ERR)

After using Ping Plotter many times, I'm getting range from 91% to 100% packet loss from ae-25-0.ear1.Dallas.Level3.net.  Once it hops to the next route (4.69.210.137) it drops right back down to an average of 50ms.  I believe that anyone connecting to Level3 in Dallas is likely to have high ping.  I'm a plat BM and its very hard to play when lag hits me like freight train in the middle of a match on occasions.  Luckily, skill lag isnt a issue for me unless I'm trying to roll backwards during a trip in the middle of the opponents combo.  I often times have to spam the F key (which is the skill that allows me to roll back) up to a second or so before it even appears for me to sometimes be able to escape.  

NCsoft if it's a problem with Level3.net please sort it out.

as i heared its becuz the cross server real is not located in EU its in NA thats why we have such a high ping on cross realm server.

i tryed to use WTFast and use a server in texas but than i cant even connect to the server

23 hours ago, Drag0nik said:

as i heared its becuz the cross server real is not located in EU its in NA thats why we have such a high ping on cross realm server.

i tryed to use WTFast and use a server in texas but than i cant even connect to the server

NCSoft has said that this is false and that the US servers that EU players connect to are only for things like logging in to the game that aren't ping dependent.  The lag is a problem for those of us in the US as well, though they've only really acknowledged it in regards to EU players.  On Poharan, I get a ping of 15-30ms to the service-related server cluster (64.25.35.xxx), 30-70ms with spikes to 125ms to the open-world server on the main game port (64.25.37.235:10100), and constant 250+ms as soon as I enter the arena lobby or match (64.25.37.235:10100 still, but apparently routed to other machines internally).  It's not just a routing issue at Level3 because I wouldn't have such a huge difference in ping travelling to the same exact public-facing IP address (which means it's going to the same place until it gets inside NCSoft's network).  This is entirely internal to NCSoft.

Archived