[Video] A Typical day in Blade and Soul (I humbly request NCSoft officials to watch it))

NN13

So, I finally decided to record the problem which was reported by many players on the Forums itself a day before and no action was taken, despite Mr./Miss Rukkirii commenting on it here -

I have also recorded the problem I am facing with Blade and Soul, probably due to GameGuard. Now, I know people will come here and say that I am overreacting to GG, but I am not. My problem only happens when I play BnS. It persists for about 10-15 minutes after I log out from BnS. It usually starts after playing the game for 1-2 hours.

Now, the video -

There are 2 portions that I request everyone to see, even you do not watch the whole video.

5:26 minutes that shows my problem with connection.

10:49 minutes that shows the number of friend requests I received in one sitting.

At the end of playing, I was not sure whether to laugh, cry or get angry at NCSoft for designing a blocklist that doesn't block.

Numerous reports and screenshots haven't worked for NCSoft, so I hope a video would make them realise the huge problem their game has, i.e., if they actually come across this thread. Because I have seen minimal interaction with the community,unfortunately.

have the same problem try to block them and report them but every time they send a new friend request -.- 

and its always the same person i blocked :( 

seems those dam spammers figure out how to ignore the block system 

so NCsoft time for something new to stop them 

Just being curious.. what servers are you all on?

Is it the same people you are getting them from (AKA advertising the same site)?

Is it roughly the same times you keep getting them?

Have you accepted them, then blocked and deleted them? (You can do this by right clicking on their name in friends)

If you are blocking them like OP, is that only when the problem persists? It might not actually be registering them as blocked and that system might actually be broken.. which is how they get through.

48 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Just being curious.. what servers are you all on?

Is it the same people you are getting them from (AKA advertising the same site)?

Is it roughly the same times you keep getting them?

Have you accepted them, then blocked and deleted them? (You can do this by right clicking on their name in friends)

If you are blocking them like OP, is that only when the problem persists? It might not actually be registering them as blocked and that system might actually be broken.. which is how they get through.

My server is Europe, Angler's Watch.

Yes, I am getting the requests from the 2 exact same persons that I have blocked manually and infinite-checked the spelling so I am not wrong. You can see it in the video.

And no, I have not accepted the friend requests because that will likely hit me with a ban-hammer.

The thread I linked at the beginning has screenshots with the names of these exact users and NCSoft has not blocked them.

I just realised that the questions were not for me, but anyway :p

18 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

On patch day I was getting friend requests from the gold spammers all the time. Since yesterday I been getting no more friend requests from the gold spammers.

I recorded this yesterday. I haven't logged in today.

Just for the record, I did not have a single problem with my connection today. It is obvious that BnS/GG is doing something to my connection that starts the packet loss problem. Initially, I thought it was the result of a bad netcode by BnS. If it's not GG, then that would be true.

Honestly, I am seriously reconsidering my decision to further play this game. This game is nothing special. I loved the combat system and the story, but it is not worth the frustrations.

Gold spammers and bots aside, this game does not provide lag compensation methods, thus making PvP really frustrating for me with 250-300ms latency. And then there is random disconnection problems. And the PvP and PvE in this game are so intertwined that it is near impossible to continue any one aspect alone.

Ya, Its to complicated to write the code to keep a name that you blocked from sending you friend requests.  Heck there isn't even a delete option for mail, Heck some people still can't even use Mail to try and Block gold sellers...  Ahh such is the incompetency of Team Bloodlust and NCsoft GG to them since it must be nice to be getting payed by working so little.

I never understood why they have limited the block list to 50.  Why not expand the block list to something like 100?  In addition, I have yet to get any of these requests in game (knock on wood), and on my server I really don't see too many bots anymore.  When I see them I report them.  So maybe they are doing a better job on some servers than others?  I just don't know..

This is just sad... And this thread will probably be deleted/edited/locked because you're showing their names in the video.

I really hope this doesn't get even further out of hand and I really wish we could get a real update on this issue =(

You probably are lucky. As for bots, I do not see many on my server either, but that's just at Hogshead, Misty Woods and E.Fleet/Nightshade.

I saw plenty of Bots at lower level regions, but I can not say anything about the current situation as I do not go to those areas anymore.

But Arena and Cross Server still have plenty of bots. I got 2-3 Destro bots in a row yesterday as well, in the 1V1 arena.

2 minutes ago, Yaong said:

This is just sad... And this thread will probably be deleted/edited/locked because you're showing their names in the video.

I really hope this doesn't get even further out of hand and I really wish we could get a real update on this issue =(

Showing Bot/Goldseller names is considered "Naming and Shaming". WTF logic!

3 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Showing Bot/Goldseller names is considered "Naming and Shaming". WTF logic!

I know, or because you're supposedly "advertising" by showing that video. I wouldn't be surprised if your account got locked down for no reason one of these days, the logic NCSoft uses sometimes is beyond me.

But I still hope your video gets the attention it needs.

1 minute ago, Yaong said:

I know, or because you're supposedly "advertising" by showing that video. I wouldn't be surprised if your account got locked down for no reason one of these days, the logic NCSoft uses sometimes is beyond me.

But I still hope your video gets the attention it needs.

I never thought it like that,OMG...

But then again, to be honest, I could care less if NCSoft locks my account. At least that way, I will 100% leave the game. As of now, I am still torn apart between playing it for the comabt and story by withstanding the frustrations or leaving the game and moving on. If NCSoft does decide to ban me, I am not even going to appeal for removing the ban, I will straightaway free up 26GB HDD space and remove a rootkit. =P

I am getting constantly harrased by bots in friend request when i already blocked them wtf and on forums too ncsoft own forums its getting ridiculous no money from me on game until they fix this is just annoying me to the limit and lazyness of ncsoft just showing more day by day sadly.......

4 hours ago, soju soju said:

Funny, I've never had friend requests from bots before.

Lucky you. Perhaps you are not talkactive or keep hidden in low populated channels as well as dont afk for them not to catch up your name.

However, I think that chatting in an MMO is part of the game and this makes my name exposed as active player and formidable spam target.

Having the same issue with about half of my account characters, especially my three lvl 45's, where I can be at Hogshead and get messaged/whispered from a lvl 1 spammer. Blocking them from the friend request, or putting them manually into the blocked area of the mail makes no difference it seems, and then you are stuck with permanent mails in the blocked area & the mail indicator constantly shows them, even though they are blocked.   And, I have been spam messaged multiple times here on the forums.  

I did notice an interesting behavior of them, especially outside instances, where as you neared them, they had a proximity indicator of some kind and would spam their message where you could see it in a chat bubble, back off & message stops, go near them again and more spam.  

Also, seeing the same bots I have reported multiple times on each character a week or more ago standing at the marketplace, especially in Jadestone.  This is on the Old Man Cho server.

For those people who is getting hammered by friend requests from the gold spammers. A easy temporary fix is just leave the friend request notice alone and don't click on deny or anything.

They can't send you another friend request if there is all ready one pending. What ncsoft should add the game is a auto deny friend request option.

If you din't notice yet, the "friend spammers" don't have character profiles and also can't be reportet for spamming - if you do, there is a message that the character can't be reported because it couldn't be found. They probably don't actually exist in the game so blocking them does not work.

Just do one thing with those friend request...

ignore them, do not accept them of course but also do not decline them, let them pending.

I receive those friend requests too i just ignore them and all the time i play today i only received 3 when i let them hang. if i decline them i receive new requests.

But since i let them pending i don't receive any more.

Edit: they do have character profiles. just type the first 3 letters in the search and you will find a profile with the name but the characters name is different of course.

Sadly blocking the char does not work against friend requests

8 hours ago, NN13 said:

So, I finally decided to record the problem which was reported by many players on the Forums itself a day before and no action was taken, despite Mr./Miss Rukkirii commenting on it here -

i actualy think that the ncsoft own this bots and leave them be only cuz they profit from them .

it have no logic to leave them if they dont .

123.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

lol same experience. I have spammers on bns web/in game 'add u as friend' nearly everyday. o.O i start to doubt how they know your name? I have friends who never get any spammers. However, my friend's account name is shorter than mine. -_- It's much easily to type a short name instead of long name imo. I got in game 'friend' spammer after i got spammer on web. Should I assume those sellers were using web scraping tools to get names, then scan you in game? :<

Archived