Contradictory wording on the leveling event info @Hime/NCsoft

Trix

The levelling information page guidelines and support staff both state that any character lvl 10 OR below are eligible for the Temptation costume but NC staff keep saying "pre lvl 10/below lvl 10"

Excerpt from official info page;

" Any character that is level 10 or under when Unchained releases on March 2, and that reaches level 45 before maintenance on March 23, will receive an upgrade bundle and first chance at the Temptation costume. "

Support Response;

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support Team.

As for your inquiry, please be informed that only characters that start with level 10 or below will receive the prizes in the challenge if accomplished. So as for your character, it will be eligible for the prizes because it is an old character that is already level 10 when the patch came out
I hope this clarifies your inquiry.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

VS

Hime

Posted Thursday at 11:53 AM

Yes, it will count. New characters or an older character that was below level 10 when Unchained released are applicable for the event.

NC soft livestream

00:09:27 Level a character from below 10 to 45 in the next 3 weeks and get bonus items for your account, including a costume. 

I levelled 2 of my character to lvl 10 and a half the day before the event started to get a bit of a headstart and have since levelled them a lot higher and put costumes and expanded inventory etc on both, it worries me that nc staff keep stating BELOW lvl 10 characters.

Please clarify which information is correct.

Well seems they dont know themselves lol. Half of them says 10 or below.. other half says below. I understand your confusion^^

But for your problem: there is not really anything you can do, can you? You already expanded inventory and stuff on them.. so you wont delete them. Only thing you can do is level them and hope for the best, or delete them and lose the money. Even tho, maybe if the devs read this and realise the mess they've once again caused by contradicting each other they'll make sure to include 10 officially, if it's currently not included. 

Definitely don't plan on deleting and starting again, I don't have enough money to throw it away ;b 

I really prefer to take my time levelling so I don't want to push myself to level 2 toons to 45 only to find out I don't get outfits for them.

Here's hoping we get some official response from nc staff on this.

They do this consistently throughout everything that is said both here, and on stream. None of the devs, reps or even the designers know what they're trying to say. For example " will receive an upgrade bundle and first chance at the Temptation costume." then RIGHT BELOW IT... it says " Your first character of any class that meets the criteria of the challenge will earn the costume and the upgrade bundle". So the first statement is you will have a "chance" assuming it will come out of the bundle box in some form of RNG as we already know they love (winter costume). Then the second statement says it's guaranteed once you have completed the event. 

Honestly if you read anything devs say, majority of it is always worded differently to the point of meaning something completely different, I don't think any of them know what they're talking about tbh. Your guess, is as good as theirs. But if I was to do anything in regards to the game, I would always go with the one that means more work/harder as NCsoft ain't giving ANYTHING away for free, you will have to work yourself to the bone to achieve anything from this game, especially (if the second statement is correct) getting a skin that they could possibly bank $20 off essentially for "free". TL;DR Start from level 1 :D

11 hours ago, Trix said:

" Any character that is level 10 or under when Unchained releases on March 2, and that reaches level 45 before maintenance on March 23, will receive an upgrade bundle and first chance at the Temptation costume. "

Requirement: Is your char made before March 2nd?

YES: It needs to be L10 or less to qualify for the event. If it is L11 or higher, said char DO NOT qualify for the leveling event.

NO: No worries, since it is a new char, so it has to be less then L10.

Level said char to L45 by March 23, 4am PT (most likely maint time), you get outfit.

7 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Requirement: Is your char made before March 2nd?

YES: It needs to be L10 or less to qualify for the event. If it is L11 or higher, said char DO NOT qualify for the leveling event.

NO: No worries, since it is a new char, so it has to be less then L10.

Level said char to L45 by March 23, 4am PT (most likely maint time), you get outfit.

What you're saying is correct IF we go by the official info page and support staff response but Hime and Julianne have both stated quite a few times that only characters BELOW lvl 10 qualify.

I obviously went by the official levelling event guidelines so my characters definitely qualify however nc staff keep saying something different then what's stated on their website

mmmmh I have been watching this thread and hoping for a reply as I have a couple of lvl 10 characters that I was thinking of levelling next.

Any chance for clarification on this please.  My first thought is to believe the response from Support but maybe that is too logical?

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

Characters level 10 and under when the Warlock Leveling Challenge began, regardless if you have earned any experience points past level 10, will qualify. As long as your pre-existing character is not level 11 before the event started, you are safe.

Here's a breakdown in case there is still confusion. :)

What qualifies: 

• Any pre-existing characters that are level 1-10 (including level 10.5) when the event began and reaches level 45 before the event ends
  • Any newly created characters during the event that reach level 45 before the event ends

What does not qualify:

• Any pre-existing characters level 11 or above when the event began
  • Any characters that do not reach level 45 before the event ends

8 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Characters level 10 and under when the Warlock Leveling Challenge began, regardless if you have earned any experience points past level 10, will qualify. As long as your pre-existing character is not level 11 before the event started, you are safe.

Here's a breakdown in case there is still confusion. :)

What qualifies: 

• Any pre-existing characters that are level 1-10 (including level 10.5) when the event began and reaches level 45 before the event ends
  • Any newly created characters during the event that reach level 45 before the event ends

What does not qualify:

• Any pre-existing characters level 11 or above when the event began
  • Any characters that do not reach level 45 before the event ends

Thanks.
Any clarification on "first chance" means?

• 2 weeks later...

what about the bundle? i didnt lvl my warlock to claim the costume for that character. i specifically lvled the warlock with the intention to deliver the costume to my already existing lvl45 flame master that technically didnt qualify but if i understood correctly, i can deliver the outfit to her because the costume isnt characterspecific. however i read elsewhere that the reward comes ina bundle and only eventer characters are eligible to claim any reward at all which is ridicolous coz i dont want to claim the reward with my lvl45 warlock but instead my other character, the preeventer lvl45 fm. as such yeah, some1 explain clearly as im starting to get confused.

5 minutes ago, Svolifar said:

You can claim it on any character as the bundle gets sent to your account mailbox.

So I finished around 6PM Central time to 45 last night and have not received anything. Is it safe to say they will all go out on the 24th? Because I have already seen players with the outfit.

The outfit and currency bundle can be sent to any character you own. BUT, you cannot send the outfit to one character and the currency to another. Everything goes to a single character of your choosing. Doesn't matter if the character is old or new.

As for the wording on "first chance", it doesn't mean RNG. It means that you will get the outfit before anyone who doesn't complete the L45 challenge. I suppose they could have used less confusing wording, though.

As for leveling to 45, it's not that hard. Just skip all dialogue/cutscenes and don't pause unless in a dungeon where you need your weapon to upgrade.

7 hours ago, Fatalito said:

The outfit and currency bundle can be sent to any character you own. BUT, you cannot send the outfit to one character and the currency to another. Everything goes to a single character of your choosing. Doesn't matter if the character is old or new.

As for the wording on "first chance", it doesn't mean RNG. It means that you will get the outfit before anyone who doesn't complete the L45 challenge. I suppose they could have used less confusing wording, though.

As for leveling to 45, it's not that hard. Just skip all dialogue/cutscenes and don't pause unless in a dungeon where you need your weapon to upgrade.

ty. you've made my day, everything makes sense now. but yeah sometimes it feels like ncsofts would do well creating those twised math problems we did back in highschool/uni

Archived