Gameguard needs to go away.

Nilkemios

So your average script kiddies can hack the game and macros? No thanks, there needs to be something to stop shit even if all it stops is the idiots, albeit most of the population. Just removing it and calling it a day is asinine. To note, I have 0 problems with GG and don't run any macro software like Razer, so some people really are trying to hack or macro and GG stops them (because they are skiddies), thus they want it removed(lol). Not saying everyone does but they do exist, so it is better to improve GG to help those having legit problems.

Im trying in a support ticket with NCsoft right now, but even they told me if I uninstall the game it removes Game Guard from my system it might remove it from the actual game folder but it doesn't remove it from C:\windows\system32, and Registry?

http://www.alteredgamer.com/pc-gaming-tech/1709-how-do-i-uninstall-nprotect-game-guard/

players who know what they are doing could check under services.msc, and see if Game Guard is in there and if its acting and listed as a driver like mine was if this is the case this is why people are having problems as we know programs that act as a driver or drivers themselves rather can create issues on a users computer.

25 minutes ago, Hurk said:

So your average script kiddies can hack the game and macros? No thanks, there needs to be something to stop shit even if all it stops is the idiots, albeit most of the population. Just removing it and calling it a day is asinine. To note, I have 0 problems with GG and don't run any macro software like Razer, so some people really are trying to hack or macro and GG stops them (because they are skiddies), thus they want it removed(lol). Not saying everyone does but they do exist, so it is better to improve GG to help those having legit problems.

You fail to realise that it is possible to disable GG with a google search and about 3mins of your time, you can turn it off with a simple file switch, gameguard is not stopping anyone from doing anything, just annoying players.

28 minutes ago, Hurk said:

If the forums referring to the bots in arena are accurate, they're already doing that. And once again, the sheer number of bots and gold sellers roaming about is testament to Gameguard's ineffectiveness. Tera didn't have it, yet has almost no bots or gold sellers. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have it either, yet they have few gold sellers or bots either. Clearly Gameguard doesn't work.

10 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

If the forums referring to the bots in arena are accurate, they're already doing that. And once again, the sheer number of bots and gold sellers roaming about is testament to Gameguard's ineffectiveness. Tera didn't have it, yet has almost no bots or gold sellers. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have it either, yet they have few gold sellers or bots either. Clearly Gameguard doesn't work.

You clearly didn't read my post. I said if GG didn't exist there would be MORE, not too long while ago, when GG was apparently disabled, we had fly hackers in arena. Is that what you want?

1 minute ago, Hurk said:

You clearly didn't read my post. I said if GG didn't exist there would be MORE, not too long while ago we had fly hackers in arena. Is that what you want?

"There would be more" doesn't excuse the huge number already present, nor does it justify the use of this invasive rootkit. An as I already pointed out, other games have done better without Gameguard, via their own methods or by actually keeping an eye on the game themselves.

1 minute ago, Nilkemios said:

"There would be more" doesn't excuse the huge number already present, nor does it justify the use of this invasive rootkit. An as I already pointed out, other games have done better without Gameguard, via their own methods or by actually keeping an eye on the game themselves.

Disabling it would make it worse. I am not excusing anything. Reread my initial post. "Simply disabling and calling it a day is asinine." There needs to be something, whether it is GG or not idc. Improve GG or have something better.

29 minutes ago, Hurk said:

You clearly didn't read my post. I said if GG didn't exist there would be MORE, not too long while ago, when GG was apparently disabled, we had fly hackers in arena. Is that what you want?

GG does nothing. Tatoo this on your forehead. There wouldn't be more of anything because IT DOESN'T STOP BOTS, HACKERS, or GOLD SELLERS. It stops NONE of them.

I just followed a fly hacker in mists. This was after camping the SAME blue bots spawning in the Cerulean base that were reported nearly two weeks ago. The only thing that's going to help is if NCSOFT sticks a crowbar in their wallet and gets some GMS in the game.

Oh look. A message from a gold seller in my inbox.

Thank you NCSOFT for being so professional and diligent.

Guys, please see the latest news. The most recent GameGuard updated enabled the heartbeat feature. To my knowledge, nobody has a workaround to it yet. This means that anyone you see in-game that is cheating is running GameGuard and will be banned in the next ban wave.

I will continue to try to keep people updated so we know if/when the heartbeat is bypassed and hackers are once again able to disable GameGuard.

I know it takes awhile for information to spread.

Latest update is that hackers are now taking steps to investigate.

57 minutes ago, nestharus said:

Guys, please see the latest news. The most recent GameGuard updated enabled the heartbeat feature. To my knowledge, nobody has a workaround to it yet. This means that anyone you see in-game that is cheating is running GameGuard and will be banned in the next ban wave.

I will continue to try to keep people updated so we know if/when the heartbeat is bypassed and hackers are once again able to disable GameGuard.

I know it takes awhile for information to spread.

Latest update is that hackers are now taking steps to investigate.

It'll be bypassed before long. Regardless in the meantime legitimate players continue to suffer from this crapware. Its the fact that its agressive and invasive that annoys people so much I would'nt have an issue so long as it was JUST a monitor only for the game itself but its the fact that its intrusive and can affect system stability thats the problem expecially since it installs files in the windows driver directorys amongst others.

On 5.3.2016 at 2:21 PM, chinmi said:

no GG = bots and gold seller spam... you guys want more bots in the game ???

GG can be bypassed in 5 minutes and pretty much every bot is using bypass GG and majority of bots are undetected by GG so yeah great software. Instead of doing something usefull GG is harmfull rootkit / malware that can be used to hijack someones computer. Top of that for me im expierence lot of game crashes due GG. About few times a day my game wont launch because of GG so i have to restart it few times till it runs. So yeah thanks for running malwaver on my computer that crashes my game and is useless

On 3/5/2016 at 4:57 AM, Nilkemios said:

Worthless. Clearly they don't even play the game. Look around at all the bot/gold seller spam and you'll see that Gameguard is useless. Here's the only details they need : Get rid of it, disable it, uninstall it.

Would you enjoy seeing how many bots and gold sellers there would be without Gameguard? Even if Gameguard only stops 1/3 of them it's worth it.

On 3/5/2016 at 6:50 AM, Geoffuri said:

I also believe GameGuard's a culprit for FPS drops and FPS Stutters. It is deemed useless as it doesn't block what it is intended to block/detect

On 3/5/2016 at 1:19 PM, Azseri said:

You fail to realise that it is possible to disable GG with a google search and about 3mins of your time, you can turn it off with a simple file switch, gameguard is not stopping anyone from doing anything, just annoying players.

Actually it does, people have said you can do a simple google search and find out how to disable Gameguard but if you look into it more deeply the exploiters have not been able to remove the "heartbeat" function which essentially means Gameguard is integrated into the client itself and still sends reports. It would be very easy to get banned running the official client with GG partially removed.

3 hours ago, Fuz said:

Please, please, PLEASE remove gameguard

• It impacts framerate BADLY
  • Gives stuttering
  • It's a malware
  • Does nothing against bots

Do you know the definition of malware? Gameguard is a rootkit but if you look up the definition of a rootkit not all rootkits are malicious. On a resource monitor Gameguard while running uses less of your computer's cpu than a program like Skype.

1 hour ago, Ninfu said:

GG can be bypassed in 5 minutes and pretty much every bot is using bypass GG and majority of bots are undetected by GG so yeah great software. Instead of doing something usefull GG is harmfull rootkit / malware that can be used to hijack someones computer. Top of that for me im expierence lot of game crashes due GG. About few times a day my game wont launch because of GG so i have to restart it few times till it runs. So yeah thanks for running malwaver on my computer that crashes my game and is useless

Complete nonsense. Read what I've already typed above. Posting false claims like yours is the main reason why people who don't know much about computers bash gg in the first place.

6 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Would you enjoy seeing how many bots and gold sellers there would be without Gameguard? Even if Gameguard only stops 1/3 of them it's worth it.

Actually it does, people have said you can do a simple google search and find out how to disable Gameguard but if you look into it more deeply the exploiters have not been able to remove the "heartbeat" function which essentially means Gameguard is integrated into the client itself and still sends reports. It would be very easy to get banned running the official client with GG partially removed.

Do you know the definition of malware? Gameguard is a rootkit but if you look up the definition of a rootkit not all rootkits are malicious. On a resource monitor Gameguard while running uses less of your computer's cpu than a program like Skype.

Complete nonsense. Read what I've already typed above. Posting false claims like yours is the main reason why people who don't know much about computers bash gg in the first place.

Maybe you should do bit research about GG before even posting.  Im bashing GG because its useless shit that causes problems.

GG does not benefit anyone it only causes problems. Theres nothing good about having game with GG that can be bypassed less than 5minutes

On 3/5/2016 at 1:19 PM, Azseri said:

If you think it can be bypassed in 5 minutes on the official client you still haven't done your homework. Maybe you should reread my last post again more carefully instead of trolling. Also, Ncsoft has already stated they won't disable it to many people via support. Unless they have stopped using it on the International version of the game why should they here?

The point is Tweaking Game Guard doesn't minimize the following.

. The fact game-guard is a Root-Tool-kit (They admit this in a support ticket to me.)

. The fact game-guard has no uninstaller it does remove from the game directory but leaves things behind in C:\Windows Directories, Regedit, and services.msc.

. The fact they show now Agreement, or privacy policy.

. The fact that NCsoft never told anyone "We are also require game-guard to be installed along our game "Do you consent to Game Guard" being installed" they didn't ask doesn't matter if you enjoy the game or not the fact they never asked consent for anyone playing this game a lot of people might be okay with it, but I am not and others are not as well, and it needs to go until it can follow and respect privacy of users.

. I don't care if the game runs flawless with Game Guard, the fact Game Guard is malicious software I am a legit player, but I am not going to consent or allow this through my fire-wall because of the damages Game Guard has done in the past, get something Reputable, something that respects privacy, and such and I will install it.

Archived