Gameguard needs to go away.

Nilkemios

Seriously. It solves nothing, doesn't stop the bots, and makes a game that doesn't run well to begin with (Unreal Engine 3 is garbage, stop using it developers) run even worse, and it cannot be trusted.

I heard that even Aion got rid of this thing. If Aion, the worst MMO I've ever played, one of the worst games I've ever played, had enough sense to realize Gameguard was trash and ditch it, then why is it here?

If you look at their post concerning GameGuard issues, they are prepping for long-term use, so it's likely here to stay.

Your details will help us troubleshoot and reduce GameGuard’s impact on legitimate players.

This isn't what we wanted to hear, but atleast we know what NC Soft's intentions are : (.

It's not getting deactivated unless a miracle happens.

They've considered their options and they have decided to tinker with GameGuard until the impact it has on legitimate players is minimized.

gg

If you were thinking of moving to Black Desert Online, think again. It uses XingCode3.

Worthless. Clearly they don't even play the game. Look around at all the bot/gold seller spam and you'll see that Gameguard is useless. Here's the only details they need : Get rid of it, disable it, uninstall it.

32 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Worthless. Clearly they don't even play the game. Look around at all the bot/gold seller spam and you'll see that Gameguard is useless. Here's the only details they need : Get rid of it, disable it, uninstall it.

Yup this is so true. They will never be able to get GG in such state that it can justify how bad that programm is.

I know quite lot ppl who have bypassed GG just because they got sick and tired of it. They're not doing anything like cheatin or botting but it screwed up their game so they decided to bypass it and game works well. Though this is against rules but seriously why do we need something that causes harm and has no benefits

16 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Yup this is so true. They will never be able to get GG in such state that it can justify how bad that programm is.

I know quite lot ppl who have bypassed GG just because they got sick and tired of it. They're not doing anything like cheatin or botting but it screwed up their game so they decided to bypass it and game works well. Though this is against rules but seriously why do we need something that causes harm and has no benefits

Read my last post in "A Look at GameGuard." Apparently GameGuard runs whether the game is running or not... it's a bloody service. The best option is to either disable it with permissions or file replacements (against TOS) or to remove it (don't plan on playing B&S if you've removed it).

So seriously, now we get to take matters into our own hands -.-.

Post contains a link to an in-depth guide of how to remove GameGuard (the last post). It does *not* contain any links showing how to disable it as this is against the TOS.

11 minutes ago, chinmi said:

no GG = bots and gold seller spam... you guys want more bots in the game ???

Let me try inform you a bit.

How Effective Is GameGuard?

I decided to do research into GameGuard's effectiveness, so I visited some shady sites to see if people were being banned as a result. The results are GameGuard isn't really doing much. It was a minor 2-3 hour annoyance : (.

I plan to put up another thread discussing the war against the cheaters, which will kind of shed some light on what NC Soft has been doing : ).

Out of respect to the Code of Conduct, I'm not going to spread information on why the above is true. I'm also in a foul mood, so please don't argue.

*edit*

Fenimore got another response from Support and they have implied that GameGuard is not going away.

Guess I have one of two choices. I can either break the TOS and disable GameGuard or I can quit and lose $1500.

Yes, I'm pissed.

I guess if this is my last NC Soft game if I quit, I have nothing to lose, so the logical choice is obvious. NC Soft is literally driving ethical players into a ****** corner.

8 minutes ago, chinmi said:

no GG = bots and gold seller spam... you guys want more bots in the game ???

Given the amount of gold spam I'd say GG isn't doing it's job very well. However, judging from the forums it does make issues for normal players. I've been having trouble staying online after last wednesday patch too.

Death by bots or death by GG, I don't envy whoever's in charge of deciding which to take.

31 minutes ago, Cantthinkofaname123 said:

Given the amount of gold spam I'd say GG isn't doing it's job very well. However, judging from the forums it does make issues for normal players. I've been having trouble staying online after last wednesday patch too.

Death by bots or death by GG, I don't envy whoever's in charge of deciding which to take.

Nah, hackers just disable GameGuard and get to play the game without it while the legitimate players suffer. Many legitimate players are now taking matters into their own hands and are also disabling GameGuard the same way the hackers are. I spent $1500. That's money that I'm not getting back either way. You can guess what I'm going to do next since NC Soft has made it clear that they are not removing GameGuard.

Oh yes, I want to make it very clear that NC Soft has driven me into a corner, a person that has made every effort to support this game, has never exploited, has always been helpful to other players, and does not cheat in any way. Way to get the players that actually contribute to the community banned while they try to get into the game in peace out of desperation of all the money they gave. This may very well be a literal cash grab, banning players as they reach rank 10.

Whatever, this will be the first MMORPG I will ever get banned on since I'm pretty much announcing exactly what I'm going to do. I'll actually get banned from all MMORPGs the company makes, which is also fine since I wasn't planning on playing future ones anyways. Might as well see if I can play without GameGuard and without getting banned for disabling it. Feel free to report this post too because I honestly don't care anymore.

It's almost like... once NC Soft got my money, they decided to lock me out of the game, telling me that the only way I was going to get back in was to break their TOS and get banned for it. Whatever. They're on. We'll see how many high paying supportive customers they will ban for just disabling GameGuard and playing like they were playing before GameGuard was enabled, without bots, hacks, macros, etc.

Also, fyi, would a cheater announce all of this? No. A cheater would disable GameGuard without a moment's hesitation.

Would players normally do this? No, not unless they spent an exorbitant amount of money and are getting desperate.

I want to make a point of showing exactly who GameGuard targets. It's not the hackers. It's the players who are forced to break the TOS just to get into the game safely that are breaking the TOS because they are already into the game financially way too deeply to just quit. I call it the new "get the players to pay a very large sum of money, lock them out of the game unless they're willing to break the TOS, then ban them for breaking the TOS and close the game when all players have been banned and we got all the money" maneuver.

Add me to the pile of players who want to remove this stupid GG,i keep dcing since last patch in almost every loading screen.Granted i have old laptop,bad net,but i could play just fine 90% of the time,now its dc after dc.

I dont know why they keep putting GG back,after each time so many players have problems.

2 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

Add me to the pile of players who want to remove this stupid GG,i keep dcing since last patch in almost every loading screen.Granted i have old laptop,bad net,but i could play just fine 90% of the time,now its dc after dc.

I dont know why they keep putting GG back,after each time so many players have problems.

They've made it abundantly clear that they are not disabling it or removing it again. It is here to stay. You can be like me and go out in a fireworks display by taking matters into your own hands or you can quit I guess.

Realistically I wish NC would just cop on and remove this crapware for good. Thought they FINALLY had some sense to get rid of it but the fact they brought it back means theyre simply not getting the point. its a rootkit, it ultimately causes issues with peoples computers, YOUR PLAYERS DONT TRUST IT and of course for the coup de grace: IT DOES NOTHING TO STOP CHEATERS. Its completely useless and simply serves to annoy legitimate players rather than the people its MEANT to stop which it doesnt.  Its been said over and over any kind of crap like this that has a client side monitor is easily compromisable and pointless. Just dont know why the likes of NC and other low grade MMO publishers continue to rely on pointlessly useless software that ultimately only serves to cause trouble for legitimate players while the cheaters just drive strait through it without so much as a bump.

17 minutes ago, Raiya said:

Realistically I wish NC would just cop on and remove this crapware for good. Thought they FINALLY had some sense to get rid of it but the fact they brought it back means theyre simply not getting the point. its a rootkit, it ultimately causes issues with peoples computers, YOUR PLAYERS DONT TRUST IT and of course for the coup de grace: IT DOES NOTHING TO STOP CHEATERS. Its completely useless and simply serves to annoy legitimate players rather than the people its MEANT to stop which it doesnt.  Its been said over and over any kind of crap like this that has a client side monitor is easily compromisable and pointless. Just dont know why the likes of NC and other low grade MMO publishers continue to rely on pointlessly useless software that ultimately only serves to cause trouble for legitimate players while the cheaters just drive strait through it without so much as a bump.

Ohhh, have I got some goooood news!!! This just made my week. This was as of 2:23 PM Friday, following the GameGuard update.

omg, you're right! The hackers aren't able to bypass GameGuard right now! Holy shiz, it's working! O_O

This is as of the GameGuard update in the last couple of days! : D

Here is what the hacker said

So, there is clearly a heartbeat, snitcher, a ******* "backtracker", however you want to call it, fact is: It is still monitoring the game, regardless of the current GG-Killer

TY NCSOFT!!

/cheer

This is actually good news for once and if GameGuard is actually stopping them, I like.. I'll be ok with it o_o. I'm not pleased about having to disable SuperAntiSpyware in order to let it run, but... seriously, it's actually stopping hackers!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5047-1361470908-2.g

Just now, FilipeKun said:

well if is a good news, atually it is because hackers can't bypass it, but if is for get better, or they should fix Gameguard for players so they wont have problems, or there's no other choice but remove for all the players that have problems with it play in peace

They are tweaking GameGuard to minimize impact on players.

I'm actually really happy with NC Soft right now.

Forget all my announcements about going out in a blaze of glory as I disable GameGuard. I'm really happy about this.

1 minute ago, ShiroBlank said:

does this mean we cant play right now until they set some sort of filter to GG to allow us legitimate players to play???

The more information you send them about your processes and stuff, the more they can configure GameGuard to protect us : ).

i tried sending them and i really hope it helps .. Actually now im having problems while playing if i try logging in via launcher it gets stuck at the point were it downloads repair files ..If i use bat file to log in then i have unimaginable lag in game like for instance around 5-10 seconds skill lag and then dc afterwards

Just now, ShiroBlank said:

i tried sending them and i really hope it helps .. Actually now im having problems while playing if i try logging in via launcher it gets stuck at the point were it downloads repair files ..If i use bat file to log in then i have unimaginable lag in game like for instance around 5-10 seconds skill lag and then dc afterwards

Well, know that your pain is not in vain. Hackers aren't even able to start Blade & Soul.

Hang in there : ).

Ya im really interesting in this game and ill try everything to help NCSoft ..... I just hope they get it right asap so i can make my Wl 45 hehehe HYPE NOW

4 minutes ago, FilipeKun said:

Task manager -> Details -> find NCSoft launcher -> end task -> try again and wait a wile

that always works for me wen i get that error

i tried that still no luck dont know whats the problem my friends are also facing the same thing

To be honest. Since that game guard update game itself working well flawlessly.

No disconnection at all which had every fkin single hours got. Beside that nothing changed to wrong way.

My rigs are not highend as youguys like a titan, 980ti.

Fx8350,8 gb ram,560 ti are currently using.

Just telling 'ya my experience.

Archived