Forums

How many of you will renew your Premium Membership?

LiquidRev

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not renewing it until I see progress with all the issues we've been having. It does have its benefits, but I can live without it and I honestly don't feel like supporting a game that hasn't been showing any signs of improvement or that would at least talk to its community (aside from a mod popping up on a thread and saying they're aware and that they'll close the thread because that's enough about the subject). Yes, some people might say it's not that easy, it has only been a little over a month, and I'm very aware that the game for us is rather "raw" and I know all of that and I understand, but what's the point of having premium or supporting a game that will disconnect you randomly many times a day or that will stutter for no reason, that won't even let you run a dungeon without having to share your hardwork and money with bots or AFKers? Honestly my premium membership is just sitting there because I don't even feel like playing anymore for the same reasons I've said in this post and more, so I'll just let it expire eventually and hope the game will improve someday.

I will renew though I hope they improve the membership benefits as the only thing I benefit from atm is the wardrobe and the reduced fees on ingame things.  To those who won't pay because they want problems to be fixed, thats fair.  But to those who don't want to pay because NCsoft is a 'scum a** company'..... why are you playing this game?  Go play something else and free up the game/hardware resources for those who support/actually want to play the game.

Will renew it; most likely buying a 1 year one after my current one runs out.

Despite all of the crying I see on the forums but just gotta remember it's a small minority experience this.

At this time I'm not planning on renewing.  The constant gold spamming in chat, the bots, etc. are just some of the issues I'm having that are causing me to not renew.  My sub is up in April though, so plenty of time for them to solve the problems.  My main game is Guild Wars 2.  It may not have the one thing that I love the most about this game (combat) but I've been with it for 3 years and the friendly player base alone is one of the main reasons why BnS will probably never take me away from it. A lot of stress could be gone if this game were more "modern", like allowing everyone to enjoy a kill instead of a "first hit" type of looting, just one example of many that can lead to a toxic community/gaming environment.

44 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

I will renew though I hope they improve the membership benefits as the only thing I benefit from atm is the wardrobe and the reduced fees on ingame things.  To those who won't pay because they want problems to be fixed, thats fair.  But to those who don't want to pay because NCsoft is a 'scum a** company'..... why are you playing this game?  Go play something else and free up the game/hardware resources for those who support/actually want to play the game.

That's a lousy attitude to have but kinda to be expected on the forums. So why do you care or try to tell others how to play the game you consider it as correct? Ncsoft can be shitty company but with f2p modus I can still get as much fun out of it as I want, without feeling "bad" for investing money in general. Besides, I never spend money simply to support a company. I'm not that easy to throw with money around me. I spend the money if there's something I want and feel the price is okay-ish. That is without letting me infuence with "sum company practices" etc, btw.

22 minutes ago, Ryuukishi said:

That's a lousy attitude to have but kinda to be expected on the forums. So why do you care or try to tell others how to play the game you consider it as correct? Ncsoft can be shitty company but with f2p modus I can still get as much fun out of it as I want, without feeling "bad" for investing money in general. Besides, I never spend money simply to support a company. I'm not that easy to throw with money around me. I spend the money if there's something I want and feel the price is okay-ish. That is without letting me infuence with "sum company practices" etc, btw.

How is that a lousy attitude?  If you hate the game and the company that makes it.. why are you playing the game?  Your attitude is the lousy one, jumping to conclusions on a post without attempting to read it properly.  You don't know me, and apparently you don't understand what I typed, so don't judge me.

It's simple really.  If the product and company disgust you... don't partake in the product.  Nothing is wrong with playing this game for free, and I don't judge people for that.  Games need players and F2P is a good model to fill servers with.  But to hate a game and the developer while still playing the game?  That's hypocrisy.

NO, Nope, None, because:

it gives you basic stuff that should be part of game experience, finishing a game only to release it with 20% less features, then selling the 20% as premium is... well.. kind of a D move and playing as a non-premium makes you think A) about playing at all, B) about paying for such trivial stuff.

I plan to buy a year membership in the future, however I feel the perks are lacking on it. They have mentioned they are looking to improve their premium membership features so this is why I am thinking of buying it... while the features are sub-par at best currently I feel paying players need more insentive to want to keep buying premium membership.
 For example:

I'd love going by Ranks for Premium members that rank 10 gave me unlimited sprint.. and each rank makes it go down slower (or gives us a longer bar?)

Allow us to buy things in customisable bundles which dependent on rank you get more money off. (Such as I may want to buy specifically 150 Dragon Trade pouches.. I should get a discount for this. Another example would be if I wanted to buy 5 costumes.. I should get them at a discounted price overall for spending that amount in one go.

I also feel when you buy premium currently you should be given some hongmoon coins as a small gesture. Other games I have played Premium is bundled with a bit of currency but there isn't anything like that here.

I am all for supporting game companies. However, one thing that I hate most in any MMORPG is bots/spammers. Do they impact me personally? Some... just them filling up my screen (I end up turning off all chat). However, the bots DO impact other players, which impacts the entire game community. Plus all the Dungeon Finder spam as well.

So, no, I will not be renewing or spending any more $ on NCoin. This also goes for my wife's account.

I got a month of premium on the main release so I didn't have to wait 3 hours to play. After that month, I didn't really care to renew it because I didn't need the EXP boost, the daily dash had no costume, and there wasn't a queue for logging on. I did get it again though at warlock release because the EXP boost would just make my leveling go by faster. Premium is nice, but I don't feel like I need it at all times in this game to succeed or have fun.

Friend bought me one now and only thing i like is more space at marketplace sells and maybe more points at crafting but those are like very little things. No reason to buy it for me. Waste of money. As for 1 more spin at daily dash is of no importance since u can as well roll 1 all time so its full rng to complete round fast if goal is more inv space.

I'm currently subbed until August since I have three months from the master's pack and figured I'd use the included NCoin on something that's beneficial account wide.

That said, I won't be renewing for the reasons mentioned by the others.  I moved back to WoW with a 6 month sub.  At least there I feel like I'm actually getting my money's worth.  No bot or optimization issues either.

I still find entertainment in these forums though.  =)

My month just ran out, the only thing that bothers me in the slightest about not having it is being unable to use the wardrobe. I may renew for another month at some point in the future when I have tons of outfits I need to store, but it's most definitely not something I would keep going consistently. For paying nearly as much as a p2p game, there are still far, far too many things that premium doesn't get you, and it's much more efficient to spend that money on things I'll actually need, like $15 a month of bag space/costumes.

I do slightly miss the windwalking effects though, since my mains are FM and WL, which have two of the best effects (Dest is very clearly #1 though); if I played BM, KFM, even Sin to a lesser extent, the windwalking effects would be a negative because those ones are *cricket*ing stupid.

Archived